Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Red Flags

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I see a lot of talk about red flags on profiles or in communication with people.

What do you consider to be red flags? Can you ignore them? Have you more red flags than Bournemouth beach on a stormy day...? Will you be waving your flags on Coronation day?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't know what a red flag is,I tend to stay away from modern day made up words or expression's as that's just what they are,you only know half of what people are actually like online as it's a false world until you chat over the phone or actually meet in a real life situation

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Can't accommodate with no reason why.

Profile over a year old with no veris.

No pics.

One line bios.

Photos of just the woman on a couples profile looking for couples.

Old profiles with 1 Veri by cam.

List of demands.

Will meet 99 year olds when they are 25.

Single men with wife's belongings in the photos.

Cock shots on dirty toilet seats.

There's more but that'll do.

Mrs

over a year ago

Anyone using their 'preferences' to put others down.

Using capital letters screaming the place down.

A long list of what you have to offer but little clarification what they bring to the table.

Saying they aren't looking for a pen pal.

Been on the site over a year with not one meet just a cam veri from Suzie with a hidden profile.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

There are a few behaviours exhibited by people in the forums and messages that indicate to me that they're not who I want to be around and some wording on profiles.

These include entitled, rude behaviour from couples, men who refer to me as 'she' or 'her' and men who aren't able to talk to their partner but want us to infer what they're thinking.

over a year ago

"I don't know what a red flag is,I tend to stay away from modern day made up words or expression's as that's just what they are,you only know half of what people are actually like online as it's a false world until you chat over the phone or actually meet in a real life situation "

And I think that's a really good point. The term red flag seems to mean different things to different people. For me it's something that would put me off on a profile or maybe something someone puts in a message or even a forum post that seems a bit odd.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When was meeting I had an awful lot of red flags and didn't ignore them. It worked for me as I never had a cancellation or no show

over a year ago

There's plenty of red flags on profiles, some listed above.

Then there's a way to determine red flags in conversations. I test those out regulary. And they are really easy to do.

Most red flags point to someone being attached.

Others will show you they have no respect, are arrogant, think they are superior, are possessive, lie, not open and many more negative qualities. Those are the ones I'll look for.

Plus you can also tell a lot by what someone doesn't say and when they go quiet or what subjects or questions they avoid.

over a year ago

"Can't accommodate with no reason why.

No pics.

One line bios.

List of demands.

Mrs "

Thanks. And on the first one you mention about not accommodating I actually tweaked my profile to try to explain that a while ago, because someone said that not accommodating suggested that the person had a partner at home and was hiding their fab activities..

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

No public pics ,then being cagey about sending any.

Single males profiles full of women in various poses & just their hand or cock.So you cant tell what profile it is ie couple/single.

Can't accom,using discreet alot & only being able to chat at certain times.

Couple profiles with just the women in the pics and 1 cock shot.

Derogatory status updates about others.

Regular drug references.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Having the Sydney university disclaimer on a profile & it being longer than their text

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

No pics.

One line bios.

List of demands.

Mrs

Thanks. And on the first one you mention about not accommodating I actually tweaked my profile to try to explain that a while ago, because someone said that not accommodating suggested that the person had a partner at home and was hiding their fab activities.."

It can mean that yes ,but not always and there are usually other signs that soneones attached .

over a year ago

"Anyone using their 'preferences' to put others down.

Using capital letters screaming the place down.

A long list of what you have to offer but little clarification what they bring to the table.

Saying they aren't looking for a pen pal.

Been on the site over a year with not one meet just a cam veri from Suzie with a hidden profile."

The veris is a really good point and I know it's a bone of contention for some people. I definitely look at veris where I can see them but I don't think I'd automatically see a lack of veris as a red flag.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I pay little attention to red flags on profiles and focus on those which happen to manifest themselves during messaging.

The ones that crop up during messaging are immutable and hard to ignore.

Profile narratives, however, can be changed on a whim.

over a year ago

Guys who are extremely chatty but only during stereotypical ‘work’ hours, then radio silent at all other times

over a year ago

i am a giant red flag

over a year ago

"There are a few behaviours exhibited by people in the forums and messages that indicate to me that they're not who I want to be around and some wording on profiles.

These include entitled, rude behaviour from couples, men who refer to me as 'she' or 'her' and men who aren't able to talk to their partner but want us to infer what they're thinking. "

I've found the forums a really useful way to pick up a vibe about people (either positive or negative). And yes the language used can be a good indicator. Always get positive vibes from your posts btw

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Various things but we all have red flags to someone don't we? I guess I'm trying to say a red flag to me might be a green light to another (to mix it up a bit).

For me?

Well, lying is a big one. If I find a reason to start losing trust, my libido takes a long time to (re)awaken for that person. I don't mind little lies but big ones are jarring in my mind and cause me to ND spiral a bit. Makes me feel like they don't see me as deserving honesty. There's a difference between not discussing something (fine) and actively lying.

If they only talk about themselves. Or themselves and others. No interest in me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a nosy mare. Eternally curious. Could happily listen to someone talk about themselves for hours. I like people who show some real interest in me though.

People who believe themselves to be better than others. Who put people down freely and cruelly, often.

Any loud signs of 'isms.

over a year ago

"No public pics ,then being cagey about sending any.

Single males profiles full of women in various poses & just their hand or cock.So you cant tell what profile it is ie couple/single.

Can't accom,using discreet alot & only being able to chat at certain times.

Couple profiles with just the women in the pics and 1 cock shot.

Derogatory status updates about others.

Regular drug references."

I think people forget or don't realise that you can see what people have posted on forums... full audit trail!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"There are a few behaviours exhibited by people in the forums and messages that indicate to me that they're not who I want to be around and some wording on profiles.

These include entitled, rude behaviour from couples, men who refer to me as 'she' or 'her' and men who aren't able to talk to their partner but want us to infer what they're thinking.

I've found the forums a really useful way to pick up a vibe about people (either positive or negative). And yes the language used can be a good indicator. Always get positive vibes from your posts btw

"

Bwahaha I've fooled you all

over a year ago

"I pay little attention to red flags on profiles and focus on those which happen to manifest themselves during messaging.

"

I was going to say this (only not with the word immutable). Good word good point.

over a year ago

If it's simply looking at a persons profile, the only red flag that I tend to be on the look out for is passive aggression. Like I get it, you're getting jaded by all the grim messages you get from guys and their inability to consider you as a person and what you ask for etc. but you can still be assertive with your needs and preferences without being off-putting

over a year ago

"I pay little attention to red flags on profiles and focus on those which happen to manifest themselves during messaging.

"

So you think the "real" person will be revealed through the communication you have with them. Bit like sampling a wine. You can't tell what it tastes like by reading the description on the bottle...

over a year ago

Anyone that used to utter anything along the lines of 'Oh, I thought it was me next' and have a little tantrum around new veris

Not had that in many years thankfully. The ride is closed

over a year ago

"Various things but we all have red flags to someone don't we? I guess I'm trying to say a red flag to me might be a green light to another (to mix it up a bit).

For me?

Well, lying is a big one. If I find a reason to start losing trust, my libido takes a long time to (re)awaken for that person. I don't mind little lies but big ones are jarring in my mind and cause me to ND spiral a bit. Makes me feel like they don't see me as deserving honesty. There's a difference between not discussing something (fine) and actively lying.

If they only talk about themselves. Or themselves and others. No interest in me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a nosy mare. Eternally curious. Could happily listen to someone talk about themselves for hours. I like people who show some real interest in me though.

People who believe themselves to be better than others. Who put people down freely and cruelly, often.

Any loud signs of 'isms."

Good afternoon Meli. And your first point is a large part of what made me think about it. Personal preference and subjectivity. There's a risk of trying to be everything to everyone. You're best being yourself and if that comes across as a red flag to someone then it might just be a green flag to someone else.

I think we all prefer 'asms' to 'isms'...

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

·

So you think the "real" person will be revealed through the communication you have with them. Bit like sampling a wine. You can't tell what it tastes like by reading the description on the bottle..."

Yes, sort of.

The thing with profiles - the narrative particularly - is that they are constructed for the masses and therefore will rarely appeal to everyone. A red flag for one person could be interpreted as a green flag for another.

Messaging is more personalised and spontaneous, and whilst ambiguity can flourish here too, red flags are more obvious. Sort of.

over a year ago

"Guys who are extremely chatty but only during stereotypical ‘work’ hours, then radio silent at all other times "

Well I do like to sleep between 11 and 6 when I can... my radio is generally tuned into Fab FM outside those hours.

over a year ago

"i am a giant red flag"

Could you hoist it for the rest of us to see Wonko?

By *entlemanrogueMan
over a year ago

Motherwell

"So I see a lot of talk about red flags on profiles or in communication with people.

What do you consider to be red flags? Can you ignore them? Have you more red flags than Bournemouth beach on a stormy day...? Will you be waving your flags on Coronation day? "

Genuinely for me red flags include, bad manners, ignorance, hatred towards others, bad hygiene

over a year ago

"

Bwahaha I've fooled you all "

Darn it I was taken in by the profile name.... Red flag for you

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Various things but we all have red flags to someone don't we? I guess I'm trying to say a red flag to me might be a green light to another (to mix it up a bit).

For me?

Any loud signs of 'isms.

Good afternoon Meli. And your first point is a large part of what made me think about it. Personal preference and subjectivity. There's a risk of trying to be everything to everyone. You're best being yourself and if that comes across as a red flag to someone then it might just be a green flag to someone else.

I think we all prefer 'asms' to 'isms'... "

Oh definitely. I also think, if you're changing yourself to try and be someone's ideal, you're doing them and you a disservice. Life's short, if you've got a red flag either work on it or accept it.

I can't think of any 'asms'. Hmmmm.

over a year ago

"If it's simply looking at a persons profile, the only red flag that I tend to be on the look out for is passive aggression. Like I get it, you're getting jaded by all the grim messages you get from guys and their inability to consider you as a person and what you ask for etc. but you can still be assertive with your needs and preferences without being off-putting"

The wording and content of your profile is the shop window and if you get that wrong then you're probably not going to get far on here. At the very least it might put people off who otherwise might have been interested.

over a year ago

"Anyone that used to utter anything along the lines of 'Oh, I thought it was me next' and have a little tantrum around new veris

Not had that in many years thankfully. The ride is closed "

Oooo that's a tantalising comment. What ride was that? Sounds like a roller-coaster

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Red flags to me are more than just differences in tastes or incompatibilities - they're something that could potentially really jeopardise my safety or peace of mind.

As an example, a man who messages me and tells me I'll squirt when we meet isn't to my taste, but I wouldn't class that as a red flag per se, just an incompatibility.

If I respond that I'm not a squirter so I'm not interested only for him to reply that he can MAKE me squirt, then I start to think that he won't listen to me, won't be concerned for my comfort and potentially won't respect my wishes if I tell him I don't want to do something - big red flag.

over a year ago

"

Yes, sort of.

The thing with profiles - the narrative particularly - is that they are constructed for the masses and therefore will rarely appeal to everyone. A red flag for one person could be interpreted as a green flag for another.

Messaging is more personalised and spontaneous, and whilst ambiguity can flourish here too, red flags are more obvious. Sort of."

So the profile is like the application for the job. You only get a true flavour of the person at interview when they are more likely to reveal more...

over a year ago

Red flag does indeed mean different things to different people. Red flag to me is a sign of danger, do not swim , Red alert, run for the hills that kind of thing. I don't use fab to meet but It shows me people who I would not even say hi to in a club.

My red flags would be ....

pushing fantasies and fetishes onto me. They always happen to be hard no for me and it pisses me off they don't even consider that.

Not understanding the word NO , can't respect boundaries online? Get to fuck if I'm going to even speak to them in person

Getting pissy about hearing a NO , see above

Seeing the words "I'll push your boundaries " no , no you won't

Anything incelish, talk of Chad's, elite shaggers, give me a chance, it's not fair, creepy meepy shit like that eww no get to fuck don't talk to me ever

By *issJ93Woman
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

All of this!!

over a year ago

"Red flags to me are more than just differences in tastes or incompatibilities - they're something that could potentially really jeopardise my safety or peace of mind.

As an example, a man who messages me and tells me I'll squirt when we meet isn't to my taste, but I wouldn't class that as a red flag per se, just an incompatibility.

If I respond that I'm not a squirter so I'm not interested only for him to reply that he can MAKE me squirt, then I start to think that he won't listen to me, won't be concerned for my comfort and potentially won't respect my wishes if I tell him I don't want to do something - big red flag."

Good point. So it indicates some kind of coercive behaviour which is 100% triple red flag!

over a year ago

Right my profile has some red flags!

So I will get some pics of me and make sure there’s none in my written profile.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Instant red flags for me are graphic pictures - anything where I can see inside someone (or see someone inside them). I find it crude and off putting. In fact, I’d far rather all nudity was the preserve of private pictures to be shared at the owners’ discretion.

I also hate crude language such as “filthy bareback cumslut” or any references to illegality, immorality and just downright poor attitudes and behaviour.

So many profile bios, pictures and status updates are immediate red flags for me.

over a year ago

"Instant red flags for me are graphic pictures - anything where I can see inside someone (or see someone inside them). I find it crude and off putting. In fact, I’d far rather all nudity was the preserve of private pictures to be shared at the owners’ discretion.

I also hate crude language such as “filthy bareback cumslut” or any references to illegality, immorality and just downright poor attitudes and behaviour.

So many profile bios, pictures and status updates are immediate red flags for me."

You never fancied being a midwife then 'I can see the head' ( a someone inside someone)

(I will await the blocking)

over a year ago

"Red flag does indeed mean different things to different people. Red flag to me is a sign of danger, do not swim , Red alert, run for the hills that kind of thing. I don't use fab to meet but It shows me people who I would not even say hi to in a club.

pushing fantasies and fetishes onto me. They always happen to be hard no for me and it pisses me off they don't even consider that.

Not understanding the word NO , can't respect boundaries online? Get to fuck if I'm going to even speak to them in person

Anything incelish, talk of Chad's, elite shaggers, give me a chance, it's not fair, creepy meepy shit like that eww no get to fuck don't talk to me ever

"

And I guess some of that might only come out if you start a communication with them, but then you could break that off as soon as you see any of those things.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Instant red flags for me are graphic pictures - anything where I can see inside someone (or see someone inside them). I find it crude and off putting. In fact, I’d far rather all nudity was the preserve of private pictures to be shared at the owners’ discretion.

So many profile bios, pictures and status updates are immediate red flags for me.

You never fancied being a midwife then 'I can see the head' ( a someone inside someone)

(I will await the blocking) "

Haha!!! Maren you’d have to do way more than that for a block from me

Funnily enough, I love watching surgical programmes on’telleh. It’s just when something that should (to my mind) be rather special and explored sensually, I don’t want it plastered across my phone screen looking like a dropped kebab

over a year ago

"Right my profile has some red flags!

So I will get some pics of me and make sure there’s none in my written profile. "

When I started the thread I was also wondering if it might make people think about what's on their own profile... but as others have said the profile is meant to be a reflection of the person or couple and not a projection of what other people are looking for.

over a year ago

So many profile bios, pictures and status updates are immediate red flags for me."

The profile pics themselves can be a good filter. My pics aren't great but I have definitely picked up tips on how to present myself better. But equally there are plenty of folk who like the more graphic images so they maybe have a place..

over a year ago

"Right my profile has some red flags!

So I will get some pics of me and make sure there’s none in my written profile.

When I started the thread I was also wondering if it might make people think about what's on their own profile... but as others have said the profile is meant to be a reflection of the person or couple and not a projection of what other people are looking for. "

My major block for no pics of me were, I didn’t want to just have cock pics , but I was actually talking to J last night and she’s going to take some tasteful photos of me in boxers, and some other. Another block is my tattoos are not coverable at all and totally unique to me (my back piece was a one off) which means people that might know me will be able to tell.

but I’m going to talk to her about just putting them up.

I can always claim it’s coincidence .

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple
over a year ago

Somerset

"

Judging by the number of profile help requests in the forums, a good deal of the single male profiles are constructed using the collected wisdom of Fab, so tell you very little of the person behind them.

over a year ago

"

My major block for no pics of me were, I didn’t want to just have cock pics , but I was actually talking to J last night and she’s going to take some tasteful photos of me in boxers, and some other. Another block is my tattoos are not coverable at all and totally unique to me (my back piece was a one off) which means people that might know me will be able to tell.

I can always claim it’s coincidence ."

Sounds like you have some amazing tattoos and I presume you mean they cover a lot of you so can't be covered electronically. You could maybe keep them as "friends only". I think the gist is that it's nice for folk to see something of the male half of a couple as well as the female

over a year ago

Judging by the number of profile help requests in the forums, a good deal of the single male profiles are constructed using the collected wisdom of Fab, so tell you very little of the person behind them."

I've seen quite a few of those and tbf the feedback I've seen is helpful even if it's just saying write a decent bio or don't just include cock pics. But as others have said the profile in itself often doesn't reveal much about the person. The wording could just have been pinched from another profile.

By *unfunfun xMan
over a year ago

LONDON

I've not read every message in this forum post but I see the profile part gets mentioned a bit, so I've tweaked mine a little bit, me personally on the red flags situation I.e fakes, I try to avoid the ones with zero pics but been on site lot longer then I have.

over a year ago

"

I can always claim it’s coincidence .

Sounds like you have some amazing tattoos and I presume you mean they cover a lot of you so can't be covered electronically. You could maybe keep them as "friends only". I think the gist is that it's nice for folk to see something of the male half of a couple as well as the female "

My arms and my back are well covered . But I just spoke to J and happy to put up pics later. My back is a full back piece of a female grim reaper . I did sell the design to the tattoo place so it’s probably all over by now.

Totally understand the reason people want to see both of us and don’t want people put off

over a year ago

"Red flag does indeed mean different things to different people. Red flag to me is a sign of danger, do not swim , Red alert, run for the hills that kind of thing. I don't use fab to meet but It shows me people who I would not even say hi to in a club.

And I guess some of that might only come out if you start a communication with them, but then you could break that off as soon as you see any of those things."

I don't start to communicate in that way of searching for meets or chatting via DM but I do communicate on the forums often AND I get my inbox flooded with red flag dicks, just tells me who to avoid if I ever run in to anyone in the clubs

over a year ago

"

My arms and my back are well covered . But I just spoke to J and happy to put up pics later. My back is a full back piece of a female grim reaper . I did sell the design to the tattoo place so it’s probably all over by now.

Totally understand the reason people want to see both of us and don’t want people put off "

Amazing. I'll make sure to check them out when they're posted

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

My arsehole was like the Japanese flag the other day

over a year ago

"My arsehole was like the Japanese flag the other day "

Ouch. Sounds sore!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Lack of consistency is a major red flag.

Attractive bio and amazing pics aren't a great fit with questionable veries and a cuntish forum persona.

over a year ago

No pics.

One line bios.

List of demands.

Mrs "

I know ..with all due respect , l don't know how a person has that they'd meet a 99 yr old on their profile....99 ??..Sorry ..not for me ...99 ??

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Red means danger or stop to me and definitely both if the former. It's wise to have boundaries.

Even people who are largely concerned with their own pleasure, with scant regard for mine, are simply stop signs.

When you recognise patterns of others who didn't work out for you, it's time to pause before rushing to meet.

Hygiene, safety and risks to my sanity scream stop.

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

No pics.

One line bios.

List of demands.

Mrs "

It’s hard to meet people as a single guy

What age limit should a 25 yr old put?

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

"Lack of consistency is a major red flag.

Attractive bio and amazing pics aren't a great fit with questionable veries and a cuntish forum persona. "

sorry

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

"So I see a lot of talk about red flags on profiles or in communication with people.

What do you consider to be red flags? Can you ignore them? Have you more red flags than Bournemouth beach on a stormy day...? Will you be waving your flags on Coronation day? "

It is true, we do have our fair share of red flags out today. Shop advertising boards on the street have gone for a burton. Not to mention hats, doing 50mph on the high street today. Not been on the beach today. But my guess from the tree branches on the roads, Bournemouth beach is not the place to be. I did wear my short skirt and stockings. Weather like this, it had to be done.

By *Cocksucker84Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Blank profiles that joined ten minutes earlier asking for pics but refusing to send any, people who refuse to have it that you cannot meet at the drop of a hat and pester (if they cannot accept no there and then, then what's to say they would in a physical situation?), people asking for money or to subscribe to a spicy link, or those who ask if you've any kind of drug and imply it's a prerequisite to meet.

over a year ago

"

It is true, we do have our fair share of red flags out today. Shop advertising boards on the street have gone for a burton. Not to mention hats, doing 50mph on the high street today. Not been on the beach today. But my guess from the tree branches on the roads, Bournemouth beach is not the place to be. I did wear my short skirt and stockings. Weather like this, it had to be done. "

Keep an eye out for those low flying hats... glad you dressed appropriately for the day Hope the sand didn't get into places it shouldn't have...

By *opetop4UMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

No pics.

One line bios.

List of demands.

Mrs

What age limit should a 25 yr old put? "

You could put any age lower than 99 but not change your mail filters.

E.g. you could say that you are seeking 18-40 year olds but women older than that could still message you and not have their message blocked.

By *opetop4UMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

[Removed by poster at 12/04/23 16:52:28]

By *opetop4UMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

I met a woman for a social.

As soon as we met, she opened her bag, said she'd forgotten her purse and then pulled out a pregnancy test kit box and asked if I'd buy her another one as she thought she was pregnant.

Red flag. We didn't get as far as ordering the coffee

over a year ago

"I met a woman for a social.

As soon as we met, she opened her bag, said she'd forgotten her purse and then pulled out a pregnancy test kit box and asked if I'd buy her another one as she thought she was pregnant.

Red flag. We didn't get as far as ordering the coffee"

That's what you call an expresso date!

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

No pics.

One line bios.

List of demands.

Mrs

What age limit should a 25 yr old put?

You could put any age lower than 99 but not change your mail filters.

E.g. you could say that you are seeking 18-40 year olds but women older than that could still message you and not have their message blocked."

Okay I set mine to 20-59 which is the people I’d like to meet. I get it I’m too young for some and I get that

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"I don't know what a red flag is,I tend to stay away from modern day made up words or expression's as that's just what they are,you only know half of what people are actually like online as it's a false world until you chat over the phone or actually meet in a real life situation "
What is your interpretation of a non modern word.

over a year ago

I think people just read far too much into things.

I can't be fussed with any colour flag.

By *mily36CWoman
over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

"

Been on the site over a year with not one meet just a cam veri from Suzie with a hidden profile."

...that Suzie is a busy girl

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

What are red flags to me will be completely different to someone else's. We all perceive risk in a different way, and to say it's new is false. There's always been talk such as that person makes me feel uneasy etc it's just there's a more defined name for it now.

Post new Message to Thread