Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tassles and a..... Tease

Jump to newest

By *ulieAndBeef OP   Couple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Inspired by a lovely chat with a gorgeous fabber

Lounge dwellers, let's talk all things burlesque. I adore the aesthetic, the corsets, headresses, feathers and fans...

Have you ever been to a show? Have you ever tried performing? What would be your performer name? And because I can't resist adding a music aspect what would be your song?

Mine would be the Postmodern Jukebox version of No Diggity, Jessica Rabbit vibes with sleazy brass Listen and swoon...

https://youtu.be/bTfz36WArSU

Jx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hope to hear about you strutting your stuff sometime soon .

Burlesque actually changed my life . I went to my first class, absolutely terrified 4 years ago and was hooked .

Having an alter ego is so freeing,gives me permission to do things, wear things and explore in ways 'just me' wouldn't have the confidence to .

Not only that I made friends I hold dear for life as we shared our journey from classes to stage in the fringe.

As someone who has zero confidence most of the time I got up on that stage and danced, sang and took my clothes off. That's how empowering it is .

I have a few sets of tassels, many costumes and a whole list of songs I want to choreograph.

It can be all encompassing.

My user name is part of my stage name.

I'm not super talented either , not by a long way . That's the beauty of it . Being surrounded by others doing their thing and expressing themselves is beautiful. It's the one fitness class where the goal isn't about changing your body but rocking it!

You can go as far as your imagination allows you to.

My preference is chair and floor work and wings because actually I have two left feet!

I'd absolutely encourage anyone who's even curious to find a class and try it .

over a year ago

These were my solos in last years Fringe.

Chair routine

https://youtu.be/CmwRQqJsegw

Wings

https://youtu.be/dCYtesyE7OA

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I've always wanted to try burlesque and keep looking into classes near me but times aren't great.

Maybe one day. Although I have no coordination and the thought of actually performing infront of others makes me feel nauseous

Name? I'm not sure - off for a think

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"These were my solos in last years Fringe.

Chair routine

https://youtu.be/CmwRQqJsegw

Wings

https://youtu.be/dCYtesyE7OA"

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing I am off right now to watch.

One of my favourite routines I've seen was to the Chemical Brothers Salmon Dance by an incredible performer called Ginger La Rouge. She wears a large fish head and it was one of the funniest (deliberately so) and weirdly arousing things I've seen.

J

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Oh wow! Thank you for sharing I am off right now to watch.

J"

I am a bit daft! Slightly disappointed not to see you being fantastic but amazing song choices.

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I've always wanted to try burlesque and keep looking into classes near me but times aren't great.

Maybe one day. Although I have no coordination and the thought of actually performing infront of others makes me feel nauseous

Name? I'm not sure - off for a think "

Same, I wonder if I wore a maskI would be more confident. That could be my thing - a sexy paper bag with eye holes

Meet Seraphine Le Sac

J

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I love burlesque. The same as you the whole aesthetic. And anything that celebrates women as women is fantastic.

Not a hobby I shall be taking up . But it’s fantastic to watch.

over a year ago

Nope

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

I love burlesque... I'd have to have a stripped down version of Halestorms I get off.... stage name some like Miss Fab-u-lass lol

over a year ago

I've been to a burlesque show. I loved it. Seeing women all shapes and sizes dancing in harmony an looking so confident and sexy.

Completely inspired me to think about taking lessons. There were people in the audience taking photos and I'm not sure I'd want that though...there must be shows where there are rules against that?

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Nope"

Nope, you don't like it? Nope, you've never seen it?

J

over a year ago

"Nope

J"

Never seen it, done it or bought the t-shirt

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I’ve given it some thought now:-

Even as a stage name I can’t do better than MistyPeaks.

The song would be Sisters of Mercy- Temple of Love.

A gothic temple vibe backdrop, perhaps an altar to perform on. Costumes involving hoods (not that kind). Props wise - I’m sure I could come up with something involving sacrificial swords & a couple of well placed skulls….

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I've been to a burlesque show. I loved it. Seeing women all shapes and sizes dancing in harmony an looking so confident and sexy.

Completely inspired me to think about taking lessons. There were people in the audience taking photos and I'm not sure I'd want that though...there must be shows where there are rules against that? "

It's amazing. I get hung up over this squidgy bit here and this lumpy bit there but watching these women own their curves and wobbles while being so. damn. sexy is really empowering.

J

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Nope

J

Never seen it, done it or bought the t-shirt "

It's not for everyone

over a year ago

"Nope

J

It's not for everyone "

No one would want to see me shaking my wobbly bits

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"I've always wanted to try burlesque and keep looking into classes near me but times aren't great.

Name? I'm not sure - off for a think

Same, I wonder if I wore a maskI would be more confident. That could be my thing - a sexy paper bag with eye holes

Meet Seraphine Le Sac

J"

I think my femme name is already a bit burlesque - Davina deBurgh.

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Nope

J

It's not for everyone

No one would want to see me shaking my wobbly bits "

Maybe, maybe not. As you've never watched it...

https://youtu.be/zIuUJxvioEc

J

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'd keep mine as it is

Burlesque is awesome, but I'm not a public performer, so happy to be in the audience watching

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I’ve given it some thought now:-

A gothic temple vibe backdrop, perhaps an altar to perform on. Costumes involving hoods (not that kind). Props wise - I’m sure I could come up with something involving sacrificial swords & a couple of well placed skulls…."

That sounds brilliant!

I'm going to send you a pic of what I would want to wear.

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

I find it incredibly sexy. I’d love to see a live show. I follow someone who runs classes locally on social media and have been tempted to join up but at the moment I can’t commit to the classes due to other commitments. I’ve tried following YouTube tutorials but it’s not the same.

I’m not a very confident person and not a dancer at all but I’d like to think I could give it a go. I am actually booked into a workshop soon as part of a girlie weekend but I think that will be more us all being silly than sexy

Kx

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

A gothic temple vibe backdrop, perhaps an altar to perform on. Costumes involving hoods (not that kind). Props wise - I’m sure I could come up with something involving sacrificial swords & a couple of well placed skulls…."

Excellent choice. But then I'm a sad old goth, and Sisters fan.

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

A gothic temple vibe backdrop, perhaps an altar to perform on. Costumes involving hoods (not that kind). Props wise - I’m sure I could come up with something involving sacrificial swords & a couple of well placed skulls….

Excellent choice. But then I'm a sad old goth, and Sisters fan. "

I knew you’d like it . And you’re not sad……

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I was part of a burlesque troupe for many, many years. We used to play to crowds of 2,000+. We did festivals, we toured to other countries, we had Hollywood stars and rock bands turn up as guests.

Some of the most memorable times of my life have been thanks to all those tits and glitter and smiles. But the best thing about it, for me, was the audience. It was never ‘just a show’, our audiences were always part of the party. Our crowd was all ages, all body types, all sexualities. And they dressed up as much as we did - they committed!

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I was part of a burlesque troupe for many, many years. We used to play to crowds of 2,000+. We did festivals, we toured to other countries, we had Hollywood stars and rock bands turn up as guests.

Some of the most memorable times of my life have been thanks to all those tits and glitter and smiles. But the best thing about it, for me, was the audience. It was never ‘just a show’, our audiences were always part of the party. Our crowd was all ages, all body types, all sexualities. And they dressed up as much as we did - they committed!"

That's amazing! Did you perform or were you part of the crew?

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I find it incredibly sexy. I’d love to see a live show. I follow someone who runs classes locally on social media and have been tempted to join up but at the moment I can’t commit to the classes due to other commitments. I’ve tried following YouTube tutorials but it’s not the same.

I’m not a very confident person and not a dancer at all but I’d like to think I could give it a go. I am actually booked into a workshop soon as part of a girlie weekend but I think that will be more us all being silly than sexy

Kx"

As someone who has been, let's call it quietly admiring you from afar, I would love to see this

B

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"That's amazing! Did you perform or were you part of the crew? "

I’ll message you. Happy to chat about it, but not quite so publicly.

over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"That's amazing! Did you perform or were you part of the crew?

I’ll message you. Happy to chat about it, but not quite so publicly.

"

Of course

J

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

"I find it incredibly sexy. I’d love to see a live show. I follow someone who runs classes locally on social media and have been tempted to join up but at the moment I can’t commit to the classes due to other commitments. I’ve tried following YouTube tutorials but it’s not the same.

Kx

As someone who has been, let's call it quietly admiring you from afar, I would love to see this

B"

Aww, that’s always nice to know I’m sure watching me attempt burlesque would be sure to put you off for good

Kx

Post new Message to Thread