Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When you count down the hours

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I just put on Beverly Hills Cop on, some cheese on toast that will kill some hours. Need to go to bed and wake up Friday.

Do you ever clock watch? Need it to go from one day and skip a day or two? Or do you just take one day at a time? How much of a planner are you? Or just let shit happen?

(sorry I'm rambling I'm so bored)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I try not to, it never goes well..

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Only if waiting for a delivery at work with nothing to get on with, otherwise find time wheaten it be hours days weeks or months goes by far too fast

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I don't have a clock in the house the only way I can tell the time is by my phone. The only time I take notice is if I have an appointment. Days just drift on by

over a year ago

At work, no, I don’t have enough hours in my day to do what’s required as it is so I look and hope it stays still haha!

But I’m counting down the return to school for the kids this week!

Mrs

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Normally I'm happy with a day at a time, but when a adventure weekend is coming, I'd happily fast forward a few days, so I crack out a jigsaw puzzle as I can spend hours on those

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Let it happen - plan as little as I can get away with.

I want some cheese on toast.

over a year ago

I'm literally doing that right now, been a long ass week for me and I'm counting down the next few hours til I get money in my account

over a year ago

"Let it happen - plan as little as I can get away with.

I want some cheese on toast."

I'm jus about to cook it but

Serge has just appeared

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

This week I don't have an appointment until Thursday so I won't be taking notice of time until then

over a year ago

"I'm literally doing that right now, been a long ass week for me and I'm counting down the next few hours til I get money in my account "

Mine is Friday. I need it to be Friday already

over a year ago

"I'm literally doing that right now, been a long ass week for me and I'm counting down the next few hours til I get money in my account

Mine is Friday. I need it to be Friday already "

God that sucks, the last week always drags

By *otdave75Man
over a year ago

Chandlers Ford

Wish time away then curse when it goes so fast.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

In my typical day I am running around on full cylinders with no time to even 'clock watch' the hours away.

I have to take one day at a time. Sometimes I wish I could fast-forward to avoid any of the unpleasant days that are in my calendar.

over a year ago

"I'm literally doing that right now, been a long ass week for me and I'm counting down the next few hours til I get money in my account

God that sucks, the last week always drags "

Using water for cereal coz you've got no milk...that sucks lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Using water for cereal coz you've got no milk...that sucks lol"

I know you have agoraphobia have you checked you are claiming for everything you can

over a year ago

Using water for cereal coz you've got no milk...that sucks lol"

Haha oh fucking christ that is sad times, I feel your pain

over a year ago

Using water for cereal coz you've got no milk...that sucks lolI know you have agoraphobia have you checked you are claiming for everything you can"

I get what I'm supposed to but it's hard when you have £100plus just for sanitary products x

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman
over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

Used to when I was in another job which I hated.

Cheesy but I'm mostly grateful for each day now and try to just roll with it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Using water for cereal coz you've got no milk...that sucks lolI know you have agoraphobia have you checked you are claiming for everything you can

I get what I'm supposed to but it's hard when you have £100plus just for sanitary products x"

bloody hell I'm sorry I feel for you

over a year ago

Using water for cereal coz you've got no milk...that sucks lolI know you have agoraphobia have you checked you are claiming for everything you can

I get what I'm supposed to but it's hard when you have £100plus just for sanitary products xbloody hell I'm sorry I feel for you"

It is what it is apparently but that's why I'm pushing to go out so doc can't dismiss me anymore x

So.... Clock watching lol someone say something that will make me not clock watch lol

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I try to take things as they come but I do prefer having a rough plan so I can feel prepared etc.

But yes there are times when I have to stop myself calander/clock watching. Frustration is real

By *hilledGuyClactonMan
over a year ago

Little clacton

I do clock watch but for a slightly different reason.

I`m tired and could quite easily go to bed now.But the downside of that is I would be awake by 1.30/2 am.

So generally have to clock watch until after midnight and try and keep myself awake/busy until then.

over a year ago

I burnt the edge of my cheese on toast but I'm still gonna eat it!!!!!

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I burnt the edge of my cheese on toast but I'm still gonna eat it!!!!!"

The burnt bits are some of the best

over a year ago

"I burnt the edge of my cheese on toast but I'm still gonna eat it!!!!!

The burnt bits are some of the best "

I love the taste and smell of those burnt edges.... do I need help?

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"I just put on Beverly Hills Cop on, some cheese on toast that will kill some hours. Need to go to bed and wake up Friday.

Do you ever clock watch? Need it to go from one day and skip a day or two? Or do you just take one day at a time? How much of a planner are you? Or just let shit happen?

(sorry I'm rambling I'm so bored) "

Oh thats done it... I'm going to have to watch Beverly Hills Cop again now.. ha Not seen that in ages....

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

[Quote]just put on Beverly Hills Cop on, some cheese on toast that will kill some hours. Need to go to bed and wake up Friday.

Nope, I don't clock watch, because if I'm working there is no idle time. When I finish work, there are other things to do. There's always something to do, so no time to clock watch.

How much of a planner are you ?

I'm of the "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail type".

I like to know where I am going, how I will get there, with whom, at what time we depart and arrive, and what my options are for contingencies should they arise.

So if you said, "Let's go to York next weekend", I'd ask a few questions and then say, "leave it with me".

You'd end up with an itinerary showing

transport, time / distance / duration

Accommodation details, including contact numbers and hard copy of the booking

An alternative accommodation in case for some reason the primary accommodation failed on arrival.

Arrangements/Details for emergency breakdown if travelling by car.

In car supplies

Power / battery banks for mobile devices

Spare cash

Clothing checklist

Medication checklist

Weather overview

Details on any desired tourist attractions / prices / pre-booking

Check to see if you'd booked any deliveries during the time away and forgotten to tell me. Get those rescheduled.

House security system pre-flight check before departure.

Freeze a penny in an icecube trick for the freezer.

That's a brief off the top of my head list.

I would not, under any circumstances, just get in a car and go. That way lies madness, unpreparedness, uncertainty and disappointment.

A family member lives their life like that, and it's one constant drama and balls up after another. And they never learn and repeat the same mistakes again and again. Constant anguish and woe. No way I could live like that.

I figure that to get the results you desire, you have to put the leg work in.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"[Quote]just put on Beverly Hills Cop on, some cheese on toast that will kill some hours. Need to go to bed and wake up Friday.

Nope, I don't clock watch, because if I'm working there is no idle time. When I finish work, there are other things to do. There's always something to do, so no time to clock watch.

How much of a planner are you ?

I'm of the "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail type".

I like to know where I am going, how I will get there, with whom, at what time we depart and arrive, and what my options are for contingencies should they arise.

So if you said, "Let's go to York next weekend", I'd ask a few questions and then say, "leave it with me".

You'd end up with an itinerary showing

transport, time / distance / duration

Accommodation details, including contact numbers and hard copy of the booking

An alternative accommodation in case for some reason the primary accommodation failed on arrival.

Arrangements/Details for emergency breakdown if travelling by car.

In car supplies

Power / battery banks for mobile devices

Spare cash

Clothing checklist

Medication checklist

Weather overview

Details on any desired tourist attractions / prices / pre-booking

Check to see if you'd booked any deliveries during the time away and forgotten to tell me. Get those rescheduled.

House security system pre-flight check before departure.

Freeze a penny in an icecube trick for the freezer.

That's a brief off the top of my head list.

I would not, under any circumstances, just get in a car and go. That way lies madness, unpreparedness, uncertainty and disappointment.

A family member lives their life like that, and it's one constant drama and balls up after another. And they never learn and repeat the same mistakes again and again. Constant anguish and woe. No way I could live like that.

I figure that to get the results you desire, you have to put the leg work in."

Are you my sister. She is just like you

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

After losing quite a few family and friends recently I'm trying to savour each day.

Post new Message to Thread