Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Another awesome coppa

Jump to newest

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Just for something a wee bit more positive…

Was just in the coop and police were called for a shoplifter. The poor bloke couldn’t have looked anymore out of luck if he tried, crying his eyes out over some pinched food.

Coppers came in, told him wasn’t the way to go, bought his shopping for him (chucked in an Easter egg too) and then sat outside for a good 10 mins chatting to him about options in the area.

Proper warmed my heart!

Any other genuinely positive old bill encounters? Keep the sarccy negativity for the other thread please.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Got caught speeding on my bike, fully expecting a bollocking and fines, we had a chat and now enrolled on to their bike safe course.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Just for something a wee bit more positive…

Was just in the coop and police were called for a shoplifter. The poor bloke couldn’t have looked anymore out of luck if he tried, crying his eyes out over some pinched food.

Coppers came in, told him wasn’t the way to go, bought his shopping for him (chucked in an Easter egg too) and then sat outside for a good 10 mins chatting to him about options in the area.

Proper warmed my heart!

Any other genuinely positive old bill encounters? Keep the sarccy negativity for the other thread please."

What a bloody thoroughly bloody nice thing to do! Great to see the human side. I hope they don’t get moaned at by the brass for that.

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Got caught speeding on my bike, fully expecting a bollocking and fines, we had a chat and now enrolled on to their bike safe course. "

Same thing happened to me thrashing the old gixxer.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Got caught speeding on my bike, fully expecting a bollocking and fines, we had a chat and now enrolled on to their bike safe course. "

Ok, excuse me for being thick. Are we talking about a push bike? Can you speed on one of those?!

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

"Got caught speeding on my bike, fully expecting a bollocking and fines, we had a chat and now enrolled on to their bike safe course.

Ok, excuse me for being thick. Are we talking about a push bike? Can you speed on one of those?!"

*technically* you can, if they’re one of those tour-de-France bikes.

But alas, it is a motorbike

over a year ago

"Got caught speeding on my bike, fully expecting a bollocking and fines, we had a chat and now enrolled on to their bike safe course.

Ok, excuse me for being thick. Are we talking about a push bike? Can you speed on one of those?!

But alas, it is a motorbike "

Far more exciting (but also dangerous, Bad Jäger ).

over a year ago

Awww thanks for sharing. Made me smile

Mrs C

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

But alas, it is a motorbike

Far more exciting (but also dangerous, Bad Jäger )."

Sorry Red, it won’t happen again.

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I remember the Royal Humane Society giving an award to a local copper who dived in the River Taff to save a man from drowning. The river was in spate at the time.

Gbat

over a year ago

Proper warmed my heart!

Any other genuinely positive old bill encounters? Keep the sarccy negativity for the other thread please."

This is amazing, poor guy, I hope he seeks the help he needs. I bet Police are seeing a lot more shoplifting etc with the cost of living crisis and good to hear of the people skills being put to use

The Police have always been there for me when I've needed them, when my house got burgled they went above and beyond, the CID officer assigned would text me regularly with updates and pop in when he could to make sure we were OK. The burglers were caught and charged with aggravated burglary. They checked in for a while after the sentencing. As I said they were amazing

The other time I was having a mental health crisis, he'd seen me parked up and stopped to see if I was OK, he sat with me for an hour just talking, signposted me to help and followed me home....a few weeks later I was upset to hear he had taken his own life. I'll never forget his kindness to me and upset at how broken he must of been when he helped me that day.

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

Same thing happened to me thrashing the old gixxer. "

Lucky I looked that up and found it wasn't urban slang for your dick.

Was about to ask why that would need going on a course!

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"

The other time I was having a mental health crisis, he'd seen me parked up and stopped to see if I was OK, he sat with me for an hour just talking, signposted me to help and followed me home....a few weeks later I was upset to hear he had taken his own life. I'll never forget his kindness to me and upset at how broken he must of been when he helped me that day.

"

What a desperately sad story. If only someone could have spotted similar signs in his behaviour and chatted to him, he may still be here today (I’m aware, of course, that may have happened and not been enough). Poor, poor guy.

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Proper warmed my heart!

Any other genuinely positive old bill encounters? Keep the sarccy negativity for the other thread please.

This is amazing, poor guy, I hope he seeks the help he needs. I bet Police are seeing a lot more shoplifting etc with the cost of living crisis and good to hear of the people skills being put to use

The Police have always been there for me when I've needed them, when my house got burgled they went above and beyond, the CID officer assigned would text me regularly with updates and pop in when he could to make sure we were OK. The burglers were caught and charged with aggravated burglary. They checked in for a while after the sentencing. As I said they were amazing

"

I’ve known two officers take their own lives. Is why I think bashing them constantly just isn’t on.

Love the positive bits in your reply though.

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Same thing happened to me thrashing the old gixxer.

Lucky I looked that up and found it wasn't urban slang for your dick.

Was about to ask why that would need going on a course!"

Last thing I need is remedial wanking training, I’ll pull the poor thing off (pun intended).

over a year ago

Proper warmed my heart!

I’ve known two officers take their own lives. Is why I think bashing them constantly just isn’t on.

Love the positive bits in your reply though. "

Exactly, this is why I get so defensive when the bashing starts. You just don't know who is reading from beyond the screen or what they're going through x

My fwb works for WMP and he is so passionate about his job, he takes it all and keeps going and I often wonder what his break point could be but he just gets on with it

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I had a nasty accident last summer. A police van happened to be passing and stopped & took me to a&e as apparently an ambulance would have been 6-8 hours. One of the coppers carried me in from the van to the waiting room.

So yeah - all in all a good experience

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Thank you for this thread, OP.

By *carlet_woman_xxWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

Omg I love this

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

These are the vibes I was hoping for.

over a year ago

I had to deal with the Police who were called to my neighbours twice last year. To neighbours either side of me.

Both sides my neighbours passed away. Both times involved their grown up kids, kicking in of doors ect The police were brilliant on both occasions. They referred one neighbour for help with her kids and treated the one from the other side with kindness and understanding.

They also came out with tracker dog when one side thought they had a prowler. It was just my cat that I had let out of my bedroom window though, scratching at their shingle...

over a year ago

Unfortunately the camera van that caught me didn’t have a personality nor was I able to have a 2 way conversation

That and I was well above the naughty boy course speeds

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Proper warmed my heart!

That's actually amazing

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
over a year ago

Norwich

Ok, excuse me for being thick. Are we talking about a push bike? Can you speed on one of those?!"

Only with a good bike, a steep hill, wind behind, legs like Chris Hoy and balls like Guy Martin. Although these days with electric assistance, even I might be up to it.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Proper warmed my heart!

What a bloody thoroughly bloody nice thing to do! Great to see the human side. I hope they don’t get moaned at by the brass for that."

We are fortunate that in Northamptonshire we have a very good Chief Constable, couple of my neighbours are coppers and they are great guys.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Proper warmed my heart!

What a bloody thoroughly bloody nice thing to do! Great to see the human side. I hope they don’t get moaned at by the brass for that.

We are fortunate that in Northamptonshire we have a very good Chief Constable, couple of my neighbours are coppers and they are great guys."

Nick is amazing!!

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Proper warmed my heart!

We are fortunate that in Northamptonshire we have a very good Chief Constable, couple of my neighbours are coppers and they are great guys."

I’m right on the border with Northants and whenever I call the Police I get through to Northants po po control room.

Rather than hang up and try again they always send someone if they have someone close to the border.

Never had anything but good vibes from the Police.

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

I have friends that are in various forces and it’s heartwarming to hear such positive things, they all work tirelessly and love their jobs, no matter what is thrown at them. I know I couldn’t deal with what some of them have seen.

over a year ago

I was given a lift home by the Po Po once. I lived near an airport and was going to walk home. It was cold, winter so getting dark early, they stopped and asked if I wanted a lift. Pretty odd, and I did ask them to stop away from my road so none of the neighbours saw but kind and appreciated.

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

South Wales Police

"PC Nathan D, who answered a call for help at the River Clydach during treacherous stormy conditions. Despite injuring himself and knocking himself unconscious, PC Davies crawled to the casualties after regaining consciousness and carried out CPR until further assistance arrived."

Top effort Nathan!

Gbat

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I was given a lift home by the Po Po once. I lived near an airport and was going to walk home. It was cold, winter so getting dark early, they stopped and asked if I wanted a lift. Pretty odd, and I did ask them to stop away from my road so none of the neighbours saw but kind and appreciated."

Let me guess, that’s your story and you’re sticking to it

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"South Wales Police

"PC Nathan D, who answered a call for help at the River Clydach during treacherous stormy conditions. Despite injuring himself and knocking himself unconscious, PC Davies crawled to the casualties after regaining consciousness and carried out CPR until further assistance arrived."

Top effort Nathan!

Gbat "

Nathan’s a legend.

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Now the others closed wantwd to get this above it.

C’mon let’s get some more positive interactions up.

over a year ago

I know a few genuinely lovely police officers.

When we were burgled a few years back they were so kind and helpful. They even got all our stuff back. As someone else said they checked in regularly too

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Like any profession, they'll be bad ones, but most cops I know are hard working and good at their job

Post new Message to Thread