Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Compliments - How do you take yours?

Jump to newest

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

Do you accept graciously or do you rebuff?

How is your reaction different to different people such as on fab, from colleagues, from strangers in the street etc?

Do you know why you respond the way you do? Is it rooted in past experience, confidence levels, conscious effort or something else?

I ask this after a conversation with friends today led to them pointing out that I'm the first to give a compliment but terrible at taking them. I usually give the 'cheques in the post' type rebuff or just change the subject all together without even thinking.

It made me think about why that is and I couldn't really come up with an answer so I thought I'd ask others.

Apologies I may have rambled a bit but just curious if anyone feels comfortable sharing

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Usually respond with a self deprecating light hearted response and feel super awkward for the next few minutes

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

What was the question? I forgot by the time I got to the end

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

"What was the question? I forgot by the time I got to the end "

Fuck off you

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I don’t take them, I rebuff them all with a humorous response and treat it like banter, I don’t need to be told stuff that isn’t true

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I don't often get them, but when I do, I get really embarrassed.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Um, I try to not do the full on rejection thing. But I just don't take compliments well.

Depending on mood strangers making comments either get "thank you" or "I know" followed by a swift exit.

Friends know better in general. There's only one situation I can take a compliment well in

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

"Usually respond with a self deprecating light hearted response and feel super awkward for the next few minutes "

I'm really similar and think this is really common and always wonder why?

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"What was the question? I forgot by the time I got to the end

Fuck off you "

Thank you for the compliment

over a year ago

I feel very awkward about it, usually end up saying something awful about myself in response

Mrs C

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

"Do you accept graciously or do you rebuff?

How is your reaction different to different people such as on fab, from colleagues, from strangers in the street etc?

Do you know why you respond the way you do? Is it rooted in past experience, confidence levels, conscious effort or something else?

I ask this after a conversation with friends today led to them pointing out that I'm the first to give a compliment but terrible at taking them. I usually give the 'cheques in the post' type rebuff or just change the subject all together without even thinking.

It made me think about why that is and I couldn't really come up with an answer so I thought I'd ask others.

Apologies I may have rambled a bit but just curious if anyone feels comfortable sharing

"

I don’t take compliments well, because I know what I am and most people are wrong.

The mr

over a year ago

Do you accept graciously or do you rebuff? - I'm not very good at taking compliments, I don't see what others see.

How is your reaction different to different people such as on fab, from colleagues, from strangers in the street etc? - I find compliments more sincere from strangers because they've gone out of their way to pay it to me. From friends it can sometimes feel sincere but also just because they want to acknowledge something, maybe a change of style etc. I don't really pay attention to compliments of fab, I probably should because you all come under the category of stranger but then again fab is to meet people for sex so..

Do you know why you respond the way you do? Is it rooted in past experience, confidence levels, conscious effort or something else? - I'm not sure why.

F

over a year ago

I usually make light of them or respond with something like how much of a bargain the dress I'm wearing was .

I find them quite awkward at times.

I have to try really hard just to say thank you and hope the conversation moves on.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m a master at deflecting compliments. But I’ve slowly learned how rude that is.

By offering compliments, someone is making themselves vulnerable - telling you they like you. So I try to be more gracious. Say thanks. (I’m still likely to follow up by giving one straight back though. I think it’s just who I am.)

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When I was younger I used to hate getting compliments they would embarrasse me. Then one day I had a full melt down over something someone said and knew I had to change.

I did a lot of work on myself and now I love getting sincere compliments from strangers out and about family and friends.

The ones I used to get on here I would ignore as I knew they where saying exactly the same thing to every woman.

Occasionly I'd get one I thought was genuine.

I also give a lot of compliments

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

With a gigantic pinch of salt

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I don’t take them, I rebuff them all with a humorous response and treat it like banter, I don’t need to be told stuff that isn’t true "

I think this is partly the same for me - feeling like it isn't true but I guess that comes from self confidence

By *eathrow pineappleCouple
over a year ago

West London

"

always grateful for nice compliments. It gives me that warm glow feeling glow feeling. I'm also one for giving them out. If someone deserves a nice comment, it should be shared.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Compliments via messages on here don't mean much to me to be perfectly honest. I do say thank you but I don't take them seriously.

Someone messaging me on here saying that I'm amazing for instance, well that's just a load of bollocks. You can't say a person is amazing from just a few boob photos. What about their personality, their face...

Now being given a compliment from someone in person that I've spent a little time with, that's different and I will accept a compliment, as long as it's not something over the top.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

The reason I reject them has nothing to do with self confidence or esteem, its the immediate jump to What does this person hope to gain by buttering me up that makes me not take them well unless it's clearly a genuine comment.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

On here they are mainly to try and get into C’s knickers!

Unless it’s friends or people who aren’t just looking for sex then they are a little meaningless on here.

Often we’ll get a man ‘just’ paying us a compliment but then followed up with a ‘when can we meet?’ message.

I’d say women are more genuine about giving a compliment than men.

K

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

"Usually respond with a self deprecating light hearted response and feel super awkward for the next few minutes

I'm really similar and think this is really common and always wonder why?"

Same, also why I don't like receiving gifts. Just find all these things uncomfortable.

over a year ago

How do you expect us to focus on the question with that new display picture op?

over a year ago

I find accepting compliments difficult from people I know. I'm never quite sure how to handle them. As a result, I usually make a total hash of accepting them x

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Compliments via messages on here don't mean much to me to be perfectly honest. I do say thank you but I don't take them seriously.

Someone messaging me on here saying that I'm amazing for instance, well that's just a load of bollocks. You can't say a person is amazing from just a few boob photos. What about their personality, their face...

Now being given a compliment from someone in person that I've spent a little time with, that's different and I will accept a compliment, as long as it's not something over the top."

Nice boobs.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/04/23 14:53:14]

over a year ago

Compliments?? Have given them of course but have never received...tbh don't know if l want them either..l really wouldn't know how to handle the same .

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"

It’s a weird phenomenon, isn’t it.

I genuinely enjoy being able to pay someone a compliment. It’s nice to be nice. But I get that it can make people uncomfortable, especially on Fab. As some have said, it can come across as having an agenda.

I’m better at giving them than receiving them and need to remember to judge my audience. As RtG said above, taking compliments well is as nice for the giver as it is to receive them. I’m getting better at being gracious as opposed to playing them down, but I usually give one in return.

It’s a frightfully British way to behave.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

always grateful for nice compliments. It gives me that warm glow feeling glow feeling. I'm also one for giving them out. If someone deserves a nice comment, it should be shared. "

,,this,,

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

Do you think being on Fab has changed views of compliments?

I sometimes think I deflect as I would rather not have attention on me in that moment feeling like a fake if that makes sense?

(Well aware of the irony that by posting a thread I'm putting myself out there which is probably why I don't )

over a year ago

West London

"I find accepting compliments difficult from people I know. I'm never quite sure how to handle them. As a result, I usually make a total hash of accepting them x"
just try and take them as people being nice, we do. Also we believe that it's nice to nice.

By *espacito56Man
over a year ago

Orkney

Wouldn't know

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm trying to learn to accept them graciously and I'm getting a lot better at it. I don't have low self esteem, yes the odd wobble but generally I'm okay.

The thing is, I don't believe I'm beautiful. I know I'm not. So I guess I find it hard to align the compliments with what I know is the truth.

Compliments on my written word, on work I can easily accept. My physical appearance, no. I know exactly why that is, a combination of upbringing and experience. Knowing that I'm not particularly attractive or special physically.

It applies wherever I receive them - on here, out *there*.

I don't think too much about why someone is giving them - I naively think people choose to because they just feel like it. If I give a compliment it's because the thought has popped in my mind and I want to share how I feel.

over a year ago

I don’t get many compliments in real life so when someone says something it kind of takes me off guard and feel an bit awkward.

I was body shamed a lot growing up so it’s taken a long time to even attempt to feel comfortable accepting compliments.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/04/23 14:59:55]

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"Compliments via messages on here don't mean much to me to be perfectly honest. I do say thank you but I don't take them seriously.

Now being given a compliment from someone in person that I've spent a little time with, that's different and I will accept a compliment, as long as it's not something over the top.

Nice boobs."

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Do you think being on Fab has changed views of compliments?

I sometimes think I deflect as I would rather not have attention on me in that moment feeling like a fake if that makes sense?

(Well aware of the irony that by posting a thread I'm putting myself out there which is probably why I don't )"

Nice thread

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I smile and say "thank you". If I can genuinely compliment the person back I do, if not I don't

over a year ago

An awkward thank you is the only way I respond to them. Don't know how to receive them, never have never will. I'm more open to receiving them as genuine when it comes from someone I know, not someone who just wants to wear me as a hat. I also appreciate compliments on me as a person rather than physical things, they mean more.

I think we all know the people who give them just to be nice, the people that give them for own personal gain and the people that give them in a backhanded passive aggressive way. People can use compliments as a weapon or an act of kindness, I accept them all gracefully but know the score.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Away from fab I'd probably accept the compliment more and be slightly embarrassed to do so at the same time.

On fab I always just think people are taking the piss so don't usually believe them.

I will give people compliments a lot though , that's just how I am.

over a year ago

I usually make a joke or say thank you. I really don’t know what else you’re supposed to say. when I get compliments on here sometimes they don’t always feel genuine, like they’re saying it purely to gain something from me. There’s only a few on here where I know if they give me a compliment it’s real and they aren’t just saying it for the sake of it.

over a year ago

Medium rare

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

i dont send many compliments out tbh if you get one from me its genuine

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

"Medium rare"

Not Blue?

over a year ago

I can give compliments

But not very good receiving

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I usually make a joke or say thank you. I really don’t know what else you’re supposed to say. when I get compliments on here sometimes they don’t always feel genuine, like they’re saying it purely to gain something from me. There’s only a few on here where I know if they give me a compliment it’s real and they aren’t just saying it for the sake of it. "

I think this is partly my worry as whenever I compliment someone I am always being genuine but now I worry that they may think I'm just saying it for the sake of it or I'm making them uncomfortable.

Feelings are hard Rolf

over a year ago

On here I take them with a pinch of salt. If someone close to me gives me one then I will be gracious. I like to give genuine compliments to people.

over a year ago

I say thank you but tbh I’m a bit sceptical about them. On here anyway.

But then I got a message this morning saying I made them want to throw up. I’m a bit sceptical about insults too.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

"I say thank you but tbh I’m a bit sceptical about them. On here anyway.

But then I got a message this morning saying I made them want to throw up. I’m a bit sceptical about insults too. "

,,, fkn idiot,,,

By *ifewantsmore777Couple
over a year ago

North West

Always accept a compliment and criticism if constructive and not abusive

over a year ago

"I usually make a joke or say thank you. I really don’t know what else you’re supposed to say. when I get compliments on here sometimes they don’t always feel genuine, like they’re saying it purely to gain something from me. There’s only a few on here where I know if they give me a compliment it’s real and they aren’t just saying it for the sake of it.

I think this is partly my worry as whenever I compliment someone I am always being genuine but now I worry that they may think I'm just saying it for the sake of it or I'm making them uncomfortable.

Feelings are hard Rolf "

Yep, I’m the same. I worry that they don’t sound genuine but if i’m complimenting someone it’s because I actually mean it. The last thing I’d want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable receiving compliments from me but you know , sometimes it just has to be said

over a year ago

West London

"I don’t get many compliments in real life so when someone says something it kind of takes me off guard and feel an bit awkward.

I was body shamed a lot growing up so it’s taken a long time to even attempt to feel comfortable accepting compliments.

"

people who attack someone because of their appearance only do it to make themselves feel better about their own insecurities.

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Hi op.

Always good to see you X

I tend to ignore compliments unless I know them. Just words isnt it.

Hope your good x

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

It depends on how well the person that is giving the compliment knows me. If not very well, then I take it with a pinch of salt

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I've never received any on here, but IRL people often compliment me by saying I look a few years younger than I am.

But the best compliments I receive are for the things I do. The ladies at work wish they could make cheesecakes as tasty as the ones I make, and, last week a musician friend of mine heaped praise on me for the things I do for the local music scene.

I take these compliments graciously and with thanks, as I know they are given sincerely.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Generally speaking I don't get many compliments lol. To be fair that's not true they just get expressed non-verbally for some reason. Like hugs that evolve from a conversation. Or someone feeling safe to rest their head on me, or open up to me. That's more of a compliment to me.

I think I take compliments reasonably well. What they mean to me depends on who is giving them. If it's someone after something, then it's probably flattery to deceive lol.

If it's someone I feel knows me warts and all, who feels safe to challenge me. It is a lovely thing. I'll take one of those compliments over a million others.

For me it was about self-acceptance. It was hard to believe a compliment was genuine when it went against the view I had of myself. That's a long story though.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The last thing I’d want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable receiving compliments from me but you know , sometimes it just has to be said "

Like when I tell you have fantastic your arse is. Sometimes it just *has* to be said. I get it.

over a year ago

"

I am dreadful at accepting compliments - in fact a Fab user paid me a ine yesterday and my reaction caused them to say 'Right, don't pay you any compliments.'

Is it any particular kind of compliment you struggle with? For example if someone tells you on Fab that you look stunning in your photos, or if someone you know personally tells you you're good at something - are they equally as difficult for you?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"

I'm terrible at taking compliments tbh , and I don't think you're that bad at taking them

over a year ago

From fab, I just don't believe them. At all. You see how easily guys dish them out, they don't mean shit.

Strangers, yeah never happens

Friends, I'll take these ones.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I accept them graciously by splashing a bit of sex piss on yer tits

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I accept them graciously by splashing a bit of sex piss on yer tits "

He's back

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I accept them graciously by splashing a bit of sex piss on yer tits "

This is what we all need to do from now on I think

over a year ago

Very badly. Doesn't happen often so I'm not used to it when it happens

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Them "Nice dress"

Me "Thanks, it has pockets!"

I've become better at accepting them but almost have to use one of several 'scripts' to reply as I get flustered.

On here I take them with the Dead Sea's worth of salt even though I genuinely mean the ones I offer (see my compliments threads).

I could also waffle more but will stop there.

J

over a year ago

Always with a pinch of salt

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I always say thank you and then change the subject

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

"Them "Nice dress"

I've become better at accepting them but almost have to use one of several 'scripts' to reply as I get flustered.

On here I take them with the Dead Sea's worth of salt even though I genuinely mean the ones I offer (see my compliments threads).

J"

I always do the pockets comment but to be fair - dresses with pockets are even more amazing

It really was a lovely thread

And this is why I want to try and be better (I need a script!) as I would hate to think I'm hurting anyone by brushing off what they've said - I'm a work in progress!!

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I hope any compliment I give doesn't come across as false. If I think you're attractive, I'll tell you, with no pressure after that

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Them "Nice dress"

J

I always do the pockets comment but to be fair - dresses with pockets are even more amazing

And this is why I want to try and be better (I need a script!) as I would hate to think I'm hurting anyone by brushing off what they've said - I'm a work in progress!! "

Scripts:

Thank you so much, that means a lot.

What a lovely thing to say, I really appreciate it.

Oh don't, you'll make/you've made me blush.

I realise it may make me seem insincere to have 'set replies' but it's because I don't want to brush off what may have taken a lot of courage to say.

J

over a year ago

Reply with a polite thank you

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Them "Nice dress"

J

And this is why I want to try and be better (I need a script!) as I would hate to think I'm hurting anyone by brushing off what they've said - I'm a work in progress!!

Scripts:

I realise it may make me seem insincere to have 'set replies' but it's because I don't want to brush off what may have taken a lot of courage to say.

J"

Wow! Well, offended doesn’t even begin to cover it……

The last few months have just unravelled before my eyes

By *ssexSwitchMan
over a year ago

hornchurch

I don’t like to give a compliment unless I mean it. I believe in honesty but I know there are a lot of people on here that are not always genuine. So people of don’t believe a compliment is real.

By *KloganMan
over a year ago

Ramsbottom

To me a compliment is when you acknowledge that you are thinking something positive about someone. It takes a little bravery to be truly sincere. But you are thinking something….!

Letting that person know you’re feeling something positive is all you can do.. through this veil of site.

Whether it’s received positively is down to your sincerity I guess..

I like compliments.. they make me feel positive x

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Them "Nice dress"

J

Scripts:

J

The last few months have just unravelled before my eyes "

See that's why I shouldn't have posted it. But the scripts are what I genuinely feel. I've just had to practice so much to get the point where I don't mumble, mumble, kick the ground.

You are wonderful and the lovely things you say have made my day on many occasions

J

over a year ago

Compliments? I usually just give a smile, thank them and move on. It just feels awkward. Especially when I get compliments on my work, I'm like.. 'I'm just doing my Job here.. but thanks, I guess'

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Them "Nice dress"

J

Scripts:

J

The last few months have just unravelled before my eyes

See that's why I shouldn't have posted it. But the scripts are what I genuinely feel. I've just had to practice so much to get the point where I don't mumble, mumble, kick the ground.

You are wonderful and the lovely things you say have made my day on many occasions

J"

Well this just goes to show that my mock upsetnessment hasn’t translated as goodly as I thought.

I was only teasing, my lovely. I know that every response from you to me is genuine Big hugs and kisses xx

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Well this just goes to show that my mock upsetnessment hasn’t translated as goodly as I thought.

I was only teasing, my lovely. I know that every response from you to me is genuine Big hugs and kisses xx"

I am an awkward nobhead

J

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

"Well this just goes to show that my mock upsetnessment hasn’t translated as goodly as I thought.

I was only teasing, my lovely. I know that every response from you to me is genuine Big hugs and kisses xx

I am an awkward nobhead

J"

Felix!!

By *ssexSwitchMan
over a year ago

hornchurch

Hey Cede how you been x

By *_DirectorMan
over a year ago

Middle of somewhere

Gracefully and bent over in front of me ahahah

Joking but it’s always nice to be nice

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I’ve rebuffed compliments for years. Very awkward. And put myself down constantly.

Recently that has changed. It’s still a work in process…. But I’m taking a compliment as a gift. And the only polite way to accept a gift is to say thank you very much & accept it with grace x. Ideally then cherish it x

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I’ve rebuffed compliments for years. Very awkward. And put myself down constantly.

Recently that has changed. It’s still a work in process…. But I’m taking a compliment as a gift. And the only polite way to accept a gift is to say thank you very much & accept it with grace x. Ideally then cherish it x"

Definitely agree - I think in a way it's easier in a message as you can take time about how lovely the compliment is. When it's in person though, especially in front of others, I panic feeling people watching me and I just want to hide

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I am an awkward nobhead

J

Felix!! "

Soooorrrrrryyyyyy!!

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
over a year ago

Gourock

I give compliments to friends quite often and I'm always amazed that they struggle to just accept them without some form of comical reply

But then to be fair I am probably the same when I receive one

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I accept all compliments most graciously, and I offer my thanks in return.

Compliments aren't bestowed often enough these days and so when it's offered it should be relished.

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

I absolutely hate them makes feel so awkward

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

Unless they are from people I am very close to, I take them with a pinch of salt.

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I'll often agree with the compliment with a grin if I think it's warranted. I wish more people could see the positives in themselves. If it takes me by surprise I'm more likely to say "awww, thanks." If it's smoke up my ass on here I'll just side step and move on.

I love giving compliments, it lets people know they are seen.

over a year ago

Rebuff, I’m a confused sort of way, ‘really, are you sure?’

over a year ago

They embarrass me if made in public, and I deflect them.

over a year ago

I take compliments straight with thanks in return.

If they're genuine compliments great. If they're backhanded/sarcastic compliments, accepting them at face value immediately disarms them of their sting and makes whoever is giving them to you look like a mug.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I say thanks but usually followed by something a bit self deprecating or the need to compliment them back so they feel good in return. In reality, I'm shit at accepting compliments.

On here, it's more like water off a ducks back because there's only so many times you can see compliments about your body before you become desensitised to it. I know it sounds like a not-so-humble brag but I'd rather be complimented on my personality and how I come across nowadays.

By *ede OP   Woman
over a year ago

the abyss

Just a wee thank you to everyone who has joined in with this thread.

I have taken a lot of good ideas from this and I hope it may have helped others too. May you all feel as wonderful as you truly are

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I say thanks but usually followed by something a bit self deprecating or the need to compliment them back so they feel good in return. In reality, I'm shit at accepting compliments.

On here, it's more like water off a ducks back because there's only so many times you can see compliments about your body before you become desensitised to it. I know it sounds like a not-so-humble brag but I'd rather be complimented on my personality and how I come across nowadays."

I now have the Elis James and John Robins Humblebrag of the Week jingle in my head!

JoeyJoJo Jr Shabadoo, you are wickedly funny

Jx

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Just a wee thank you to everyone who has joined in with this thread.

I have taken a lot of good ideas from this and I hope it may have helped others too. May you all feel as wonderful as you truly are "

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I'm always, VERY skeptical... Just my nature and been told a bunch of crap in the past makes that more acute..... Especially here.

By *b750Couple
over a year ago

Aberdeen

graciously

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I say thanks but usually followed by something a bit self deprecating or the need to compliment them back so they feel good in return. In reality, I'm shit at accepting compliments.

On here, it's more like water off a ducks back because there's only so many times you can see compliments about your body before you become desensitised to it. I know it sounds like a not-so-humble brag but I'd rather be complimented on my personality and how I come across nowadays.

I now have the Elis James and John Robins Humblebrag of the Week jingle in my head!

Jx"

I love Elis James on Fantasy Premier League. Is that a podcast? And thank you Julie, you definitely help brighten the forums up with your charm

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

if its a nice compliment ill take it

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Jx

I love Elis James on Fantasy Premier League. Is that a podcast? And thank you Julie, you definitely help brighten the forums up with your charm "

Yes it's a show on Radio 5 Live and they do a podcast of it. Definitely worth a listen if you like him on Fantasy Football.

Jx

By *ark169Man
over a year ago

Leamington

I need to be ‘well put together’ for my work environment and - consequently- I get a lot of compliments from colleagues and clients. I’m always genuinely pleased to receive them.

I’m quite reticent to give them out as I don’t want a compliment to be misconstrued as a cheesy chat-up line. I’ll usually qualify a compliment by saying (for example ) ‘ That’s a gorgeous fragrance you’re wearing! My girlfriend would love that: may I ask what it is?’ That way I can compliment a woman and not make her feel like I’m coming on to her.

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

I'm Irish we can't take a compliment its not in our DNA

Post new Message to Thread