Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

French Protests Escalating

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Reports that in Paris, rat catchers have started throwing dead rats at city hall.

Where will this end. It's all over the news,?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

god bless the french.

they dont put up with things like we do.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

With the protestors in a different type of cage?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

The peasants are revolting Rasputin and so are you

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Good for them. We dont have any bollocks

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/04/23 11:29:33]

over a year ago

Just waiting for the next French revolution

Only a matter of time before there's another global shift in how society functions in this modern day

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Maybe Society will fragment and globalism start collapsing. But it will lead to a vacuum. Which the Chinese will hoover up like glass

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Can you hoover up a vacuum? Surely not.

Gbat

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Can you hoover up a vacuum? Surely not.

Gbat "

A vaccuum is a space devoid of matter so, a Hoover is a type of vaccuum cleaner but, how can a space devoid of matter be cleaned of matter it is lacking.

Fk, lets get the board and chalk out and try to science this shit up.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Can you hoover up a vacuum? Surely not.

Gbat "

I think that was an episode of star trek.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

They are a pain... But i guess thats the whole purpose. I admire their take no merde attitude though. Wish we had the same.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I have to give credit to the French for the fact that they don’t take no shit.

The mr

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Would the rats be Parisites, Tom.

By *ichaelsmyMan
over a year ago

douglas

poor french retiring at 62 years old, get a grip lol.

one woman said that there wasnt enough work for her to do in her government job. she was asked to amend the font on a report and given a week to do it.

she did it in 25 seconds, no one noticed

over a year ago

"god bless the french.

"

Yesssss. Love the French!!!

over a year ago

"poor french retiring at 62 years old, get a grip "

Get a grip? Why shouldn't they be protesting? Our government will have our retirement age at 70 before you know it

Why should people be working for so long? So close to death essentially.

over a year ago

"god bless the french.

"

Not sure about that, there have been a number of incidents where farmers have run their own dirty protests here.

https://www.efootage.com/videos/102336/farmer-spews-manure-administration-building

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Vive la révolution I say!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Has the French Army been sent on yet.. ?

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

"Good for them. We dont have any bollocks"

We have when it's justified, retirement at 62 is unsustainable unless you want to pay higher taxes & I,d be surprised if you cant see that.

Bad enough in this country that, Police, Squaddies, Firemen & women can retire at 50 costing millions.

over a year ago

southampton

"poor french retiring at 62 years old, get a grip

Get a grip? Why shouldn't they be protesting? Our government will have our retirement age at 70 before you know it

Why should people be working for so long? So close to death essentially."

Are you happy for your N.I. tax to increase by 50%?

over a year ago

"Has the French Army been sent on yet.. ?"

Riot police stood down the other week, took helmets off and walked with the protesters

So did some firefighters x

over a year ago

Are you happy for your N.I. tax to increase by 50%?"

You're going to hate my response haha. I only work part time so don't pay NI

By *cott73Man
over a year ago

brighton

Got to admire the French. Rioting for what they believe in and also breaking for lunch...

over a year ago

"Reports that in Paris, rat catchers have started throwing dead rats at city hall.

Where will this end. It's all over les nouvelles,?"

FIFY

over a year ago

southampton

You're going to hate my response haha. I only work part time so don't pay NI"

Don't hate it, just find it even more hypocritical that you feel we should retire earlier yet you wouldn't contribute to the funds needed to do so.

over a year ago

Don't hate it, just find it even more hypocritical that you feel we should retire earlier yet you wouldn't contribute to the funds needed to do so. "

I wouldn't contribute? You don't know my circumstances as to why I work part time.. also I don't have a choice in not paying it.

By *unfunfun xMan
over a year ago

LONDON

32P of every pound you earn you pay in tax 20% tax 12% N.I (if you earn over 12,570 per yr) maybe we can learn something of the French, can't get full state pension till your 67 as it stands for male/female. French are right to protest remember everything we purchased is basically a tax added on.

By *unfunfun xMan
over a year ago

LONDON

I think once you put in 30yrs full tax/ni as it stands you should be exempt from any tax/ni if you continue too work. The extra money people earn well there be spending it so government will still get the monies rolling in. I know I should be chancellor you all cry haha.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"god bless the french.

"

Agreed

over a year ago

"Reports that in Paris, rat catchers have started throwing dead rats at city hall.

Where will this end. It's all over the news,?"

Probably end when all the women of fab send back all dick pics to the men

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

if only the british people would protest the same this goverment wants you work till you drop..

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"if only the british people would protest the same this goverment wants you work till you drop.."

British people are spineless walkovers compared to the French. They fart in our general direction…

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

British people do protest.

We're seeing protests in this area but not about pensions.

We tend to protest about different things.

A lot of strikes have an element of concern about pensions too although not the state pension.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

"if only the british people would protest the same this goverment wants you work till you drop..

British people are spineless walkovers compared to the French. They fart in our general direction…"

,,, i agree,,

By *unfunfun xMan
over a year ago

LONDON

I feel sorry for the younger generation will there be even be a state pension about for them to fall back on and if there is they won't be able to cash in till there 70 plus years. Should of just kept it at 65 for both sexes.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

When I started work I was assured I'd retire at 60. I didn't receive my state pension until 66.

We've told both our kids to ensure they have private pensions and *if possible* buy a property that they can downsize from to fund their retirement

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Are you happy for your N.I. tax to increase by 50%?"

No, but I’m happy to see corporation tax go up and the loopholes on tax avoidance closed so the working population don’t pay as much as we can retire at a sensible age. If the country can’t afford to pay pensions from the same age as France, then we can’t afford tax breaks for millionaire or final salary pensions, subsidised restaurants and excessive expenses and allowances for MP’s…the sooner we start reminding them of this the better

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"British people do protest.

A lot of strikes have an element of concern about pensions too although not the state pension. "

They do protest to be fair. They have brought city centres and motorways to a standstill.

They’ll protest over oil, but not pensions.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

A lot of strikes have an element of concern about pensions too although not the state pension.

They do protest to be fair. They have brought city centres and motorways to a standstill.

They’ll protest over oil, but not pensions."

Yep although a lot of women protested over the increase in pension age for them...much good it did.

over a year ago

southampton

Don't hate it, just find it even more hypocritical that you feel we should retire earlier yet you wouldn't contribute to the funds needed to do so.

I wouldn't contribute? You don't know my circumstances as to why I work part time.. also I don't have a choice in not paying it. "

If you don't pay N.I. you wouldn't contribute would you, pretty simple. For whatever reason you are part of the problem, you don't contribute so where does society find the money to do as you said by retiring earlier than we do?

It's your statement not mine.

Just clarify where the funds come from, are you suggesting the tax payer pay more tax.

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"Bad enough in this country that, Police, Squaddies, Firemen & women can retire at 50 costing millions."

Wrong.

Police officers joining since 2015 have to work until 60 for a full pension. They can go at 55 with reduced benefits and in some circumstances you can leave at 50 but you don't receive your pension for another five years.

By the way, they pay up to 13.78% of everything they earn to get that pension.

But do you really want someone who's nearly sixty to be your local police officer?

All the "soft" jobs have been civilianised, the management structure has been massively flattened and most police officers going forward will have an operational role until they retire.

Do you think you could do that in your late fifties? Imagine, you're a post menopause grandparent and it's your second night shift. It's 0400 and you now have to chase a 17 year old who is high on c(o)ke, because they've just abandoned a st(o)len car. God forbid you actually catch them because then you'll have to fight them.

Then switch scenarios and have the 59 year old sprinting across a foreign field with a fixed bayonet, hoping to take the enemy stronghold. Are you serious?

My belief is most people in these jobs will retire without ever reaching their full pension.

Bad enough? What do you actually want to see? What do you think should really happen?

Gbat

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

[Removed by poster at 10/04/23 14:14:12]

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Yep although a lot of women protested over the increase in pension age for them...much good it did.

"

Yep, trouble is it was women protesting for equality that caused it!

I thank them …..not…

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

When pensions were brought in, they were to pay for the tiny % of people that reached a certain age.

I don't know if it's correct but I read somewhere that if we were to change the pension age to cover the same % it would be something like 115.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yep, trouble is it was women protesting for equality that caused it!

I thank them …..not…"

. Damned either way

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Bad enough in this country that, Police, Squaddies, Firemen & women can retire at 50 costing millions.

Wrong.

Police officers joining since 2015 have to work until 60 for a full pension. They can go at 55 with reduced benefits and in some circumstances you can leave at 50 but you don't receive your pension for another five years.

By the way, they pay up to 13.78% of everything they earn to get that pension.

But do you really want someone who's nearly sixty to be your local police officer?

All the "soft" jobs have been civilianised, the management structure has been massively flattened and most police officers going forward will have an operational role until they retire.

Do you think you could do that in your late fifties? Imagine, you're a post menopause grandparent and it's your second night shift. It's 0400 and you now have to chase a 17 year old who is high on c(o)ke, because they've just abandoned a st(o)len car. God forbid you actually catch them because then you'll have to fight them.

Then switch scenarios and have the 59 year old sprinting across a foreign field with a fixed bayonet, hoping to take the enemy stronghold. Are you serious?

My belief is most people in these jobs will retire without ever reaching their full pension.

Bad enough? What do you actually want to see? What do you think should really happen?

Gbat "

I agree with this. Many people working in heavy industries like foundries and welders etc will never draw a penny of pension as not die young. They’ve paid all their working lives to get very little in return.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Where will this end. It's all over the news,?"

Ironic how we are hero worshipping the French for protesting & striking, but strikes & protesting here results in a "snowflake" label and moaning about how they all get paid more than a nurse does

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"When pensions were brought in, they were to pay for the tiny % of people that reached a certain age.

I don't know if it's correct but I read somewhere that if we were to change the pension age to cover the same % it would be something like 115."

How many 115 year olds are there in the uk?

By *unfunfun xMan
over a year ago

LONDON

For me to get full state pension as it stands its 67 yrs old, but will be moved upto 68 after next general election. Job I'm in I can't do in my mid 60s and even though I have a private pension that won't be loads, and I shouldn't have to wait till I'm 68 to claim what I put in for well over 30 plus yrs so far and counting

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"For me to get full state pension as it stands its 67 yrs old, but will be moved upto 68 after next general election. Job I'm in I can't do in my mid 60s and even though I have a private pension that won't be loads, and I shouldn't have to wait till I'm 68 to claim what I put in for well over 30 plus yrs so far and counting "

I might rob my local post office on my 65th birthday and enjoy the three years free b&b at his majesty’s pleasure until I get my pension..

By *urve_your_enthusiasmWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Why should people be working for so long? So close to death essentially."

Exactly and what people don't realise is that it's not just about the age. It's about the years you've worked and women who have taken time to raise their children are at a massive disadvantage.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Vive la révolution I say!

"

Vive indeed

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

A lot of strikes have an element of concern about pensions too although not the state pension. "

Sown with that sort of thing

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Sown with that sort of thing "

*down

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"When pensions were brought in, they were to pay for the tiny % of people that reached a certain age.

I don't know if it's correct but I read somewhere that if we were to change the pension age to cover the same % it would be something like 115.

How many 115 year olds are there in the uk?"

Very few, that was the point, it was to pay a tiny % of the population.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

How many 115 year olds are there in the uk?

Very few, that was the point, it was to pay a tiny % of the population."

Why would everyone pay into a system where only a tiny few would benefit?

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

How many 115 year olds are there in the uk?"

Apparently none in the UK, according to Wikipedia, the oldest person in the UK is 113.

Post new Message to Thread