Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Message exchange AFTER showing your face

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So let’s say you are chatting to someone on here. The interaction may have been instigated by either party - that’s not important.

What is important, and the point of this thread, is what TYPICALLY happens after face pics have been swapped. For me I find that about 4 out of 5 times the interaction just ceases. It’s okay but can be a tad demoralising.

Maybe i have a face that only a mother could love

Anyway would love to hear about your similar experiences.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I always send a face with first message. I'd say 60% of the time it ends. I'm no honed adonis, and I'm older, so. I find that's a decent attrition rate

Reply privately

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I sent a message with face picture and she said I had a face like the back of a boat

So I sent her another, with a stern look

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As with other sites of a similar nature, users here want to maintain their own anonymity and privacy, whilst you compromise your own

Either do it, or don't

The gamble really is yours

I always show my face within a message or two

I'm not interested in wasting anyone's time, least of all, my own

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I sent a message with face picture and she said I had a face like the back of a boat

So I sent her another, with a stern look "

I'd take that as an offer

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So let’s say you are chatting to someone on here. The interaction may have been instigated by either party - that’s not important.

What is important, and the point of this thread, is what TYPICALLY happens after face pics have been swapped. For me I find that about 4 out of 5 times the interaction just ceases. It’s okay but can be a tad demoralising.

Anyway would love to hear about your similar experiences."

I think a face pic with the initial message keeps it simple.

If I may use you as an example...you absolutely have a great body but if I wasn't attracted to you 'facially' a long conversation would just be wasting both our times which is no fun for either party.

It has happened to me (both ways) and all you can do is Taylor Swift it (shake it off) and move on.

Reply privately

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

"I sent a message with face picture and she said I had a face like the back of a boat

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I always reply after someone has sent a face photo, I think it's common decency.

I've sent face photos and not received a reply, which I find is ignorant. But at least I know they don't want to meet me and I can move on, next!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Send me all your face pics and I’ll tell you what the problem is

Reply privately

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"So let’s say you are chatting to someone on here. The interaction may have been instigated by either party - that’s not important.

If I may use you as an example...you absolutely have a great body but if I wasn't attracted to you 'facially' a long conversation would just be wasting both our times which is no fun for either party.

It has happened to me (both ways) and all you can do is Taylor Swift it (shake it off) and move on."

Agree with this. If I’m not attracted to every aspect of someone I won’t let them near little Felix.

Reply privately

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Send me all your face pics and I’ll tell you what the problem is "

If this works, I’m definitely stealing the idea

Reply privately

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

It has happened to me (both ways) and all you can do is Taylor Swift it (shake it off) and move on."

Exactly this!

It’s tough but why carry on a conversation if you know it’s not going anywhere? Personally I’d much rather someone ripped off the band aid and said no thank you, it smarts a little but at least you can move on

Reply privately

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I never know what to say to face photos. I've never asked for them, they just appear in my inbox sometimes. I don't have much stake in aesthetics and a flat picture of a face means nothing to me, so unless they've also given a continuation of the conversation to work from I don't generally have anything to say back.

Reply privately

By *ezebel100Woman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Only about 3 times after I've sent a face pic has a guy said not for me.

I'm ok looking for my age, but I'm not super attractive, so I've kind of concluded that as long as you look half decent men on here will consider having sex with you. Whether they actually follow through with that consideration is a whole other matter.

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

It has happened to me (both ways) and all you can do is Taylor Swift it (shake it off) and move on.

Exactly this!

It’s tough but why carry on a conversation if you know it’s not going anywhere? Personally I’d much rather someone ripped off the band aid and said no thank you, it smarts a little but at least you can move on"

I've seen your face.....it's cute

Reply privately

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

That normally happens on a Friday

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I like your way of thinking

Reply privately

over a year ago

Our face pics would stop anyone in their tracks to reach for the block button.

But, I do find it a little off putting people sending me their face pictures when neither have asked to see them.

F

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Our face pics would stop anyone in their tracks to reach for the block button.

But, I do find it a little off putting people sending me their face pictures when neither have asked to see them.

F"

Hmm....if they don't find me attractive, it saves some time

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've been knocked back. It happens I'm not going to be everyone's cup of tea and that's fine.

Rejection is never nice but attraction is very subjective.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I never ask for face pics nor will I just send them.

I have had multiple times of talking to someone and thinking yay only to get a face pic and think ohhh....

Maybe I should start asking. But then I think if I ask I'm obliged to send one in return. And unless I think there's a chance I might meet you, I don't want you seeing my face!

Reply privately

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

I just have mine on show to scare the weak ones off before we talk

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've sent face pics to someone I've been chatting with then been instantly blocked

Reply privately

By *ormalguy71Man
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

I would be scared you may know me lol

Reply privately

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I think we're lucky, we haven't been blocked yet, one couple said not for us, we do exactly the same, we'd always respond and say if they wasn't for us.

I prefer to send face pics early, I'm never going to kiss a face I won't want to look at.

Mrs

Reply privately

By *heoneandonlyEJCouple
over a year ago

Tenerife baby

We find most couples we chat with are fine, often enthusiastic when we exchange face photos but things have a tendency to sputter out after I tell them my partner uses a wheelchair, often not immediately but it’s so regular we jokingly place bets as to how many messages before they go quiet. It’s not like I can get away without telling them though is it? E

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ah that sucks. If it gets to face pics then it means we've been chatting for a short while prior, I like a personality, for me if he's a nice guy with a good personality a nice face is a bonus

Reply privately

over a year ago

I send an up to date face photo. If they don't like my face that's fine. If I am not attracted to them, then I find that a little awkward to say no. It's usually not that I think they are unattractive but more that they are not for me. For instance if they have a big beard, that's not for me but someone else probably loves them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The OP has hot photos though and I,m guessing he's a good looking fellow....x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks for the all the traction. All good and valid points. I get the whole ‘you need to be attracted’ vibe.

Maybe I didn’t make it clear on my opening post. I apologise. I was asking more about statistics. I was curious as to how many of your messages interactions carry on after faces have been shown.

Most of mine go down the plug hole.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like swapping face pictures quite early on. It’s disappointing having a great conversation with someone only to find out there’s no attraction from either me or them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thanks for the all the traction. All good and valid points. I get the whole ‘you need to be attracted’ vibe.

Maybe I didn’t make it clear on my opening post. I apologise. I was asking more about statistics. I was curious as to how many of your messages interactions carry on after faces have been shown.

Most of mine go down the plug hole."

Like I say if he's a nice guy with a good personality and we get on then of course I continue to chat

It's usually them who go quiet on me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Dint chat without a face pic x

Reply privately

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

I appreciate getting pics early on in messages and if I ask for one, which I occasionally do, then I always send mine first, just polite.

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"Thanks for the all the traction. All good and valid points. I get the whole ‘you need to be attracted’ vibe.

Ahhhh, sorry I didn't answer correctly at all then

It's been so long since I sent a face photo that it's difficult to remember statistics

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Like I say if he's a nice guy with a good personality and we get on then of course I continue to chat

It's usually them who go quiet on me "

That's not true Bernard

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most of mine carry on but then my face is visible.

When I receive a face picture then we'll it really does depend. Some people are not photogenic but look gorgeous in person. I'm usually happy to do a social and then firmly decide but obviously if I find them really not attractive then that's pointless and communication will stop.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This happens now and again. It’s annoying really, we would much rather someone just says we are not for them. We could all be grown up about it.

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I always send a face pic if I'm approaching them

Reply privately

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

We haven't shared ours very often at all, so if you've seen my face you're either very lucky or unfortunate (I'll let you decide). There has been one ghosting.

J

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry, I answered the question completely wrong. We’ve been lucky that most of our chats still continue after sending face pictures.

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Sorry, I answered the question completely wrong. We’ve been lucky that most of our chats still continue after sending face pictures. "

Your chin is nice

Reply privately

By *olden PoleMan
over a year ago

Thal

"Most of mine carry on but then my face is visible.

When I receive a face picture then well it really does depend. Some people are not photogenic but look gorgeous in person. I'm usually happy to do a social and then firmly decide but obviously if I find them really not attractive then that's pointless and communication will stop. "

This makes sense. Some people do look better in person and one’s personality can shine through face to face. A picture is helpful so both know who to recognise and I’ll agree on attractiveness to a certain degree but what about body language, glint in their eye, a knowing smile, great conversation, that sexual charisma that only meeting in person can project. I think the face pic judgement is a little too harsh.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry, I answered the question completely wrong. We’ve been lucky that most of our chats still continue after sending face pictures.

Your chin is nice "

It’s actually my best feature

Reply privately

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

I don't send my face picture to anyone in messages unless they ask to see me or its face picture Friday.

Usually always get comments like : "oh, I thought you'd have long hair"

Even though none of my pictures suggest such a thing

Or "You're cute, I wasn't expecting that".... never sure how to take that one either.

Conversations don't usually die off unless they say words or comments I don't like.

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Your chin is nice

It’s actually my best feature "

Madam, you are wrong. That's your smile

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've sent face pics to someone I've been chatting with then been instantly blocked "

You and me both

What I find fun is the ones that state can't show face pics because of their career but demand mine, not a chance

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t need to see face pics any more, unless I’m meeting up with the person and need to recognise them in a crowd. Personality and attitude is what I’m attracted to, and body shape. I don’t care what your face looks like - I will be attracted to it if I’m attracted to the rest of you first. However… once face pics have been shared it removes the intrigue which is also part of the attraction for me, so yes I can see why a lot of interactions stop after sharing face pics.

Reply privately

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"I would be scared you may know me lol"
I alraedy know you by your tatoo.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you for the feedback. It’s making for an interesting read. I’m taking solace from the fact that maybe it’s my photograph(s) they don’t like and not me - if that makes sense ? I don’t photograph well.

In real life I tend to do better so again maybe it’s just the camera lying

Anyway I was feeling negative but this thread has cheered me up.

Grazie mille.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I did in the past and you stopped chatting

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I send a face pic their phone screen must crack hence why I don’t hear anything back ??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thank you for the feedback. It’s making for an interesting read. I’m taking solace from the fact that maybe it’s my photograph(s) they don’t like and not me - if that makes sense ? I don’t photograph well.

In real life I tend to do better so again maybe it’s just the camera lying

Anyway I was feeling negative but this thread has cheered me up.

Grazie mille. "

I beg to differ..I really like your pics...they are 'classy' and make a welcome change from the usual 'here's a hundred pics of my dick'...

Reply privately

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I always use other people’s face pics (screengrabbed from modelling websites) and never have any issues…

Reply privately

over a year ago

I find myself imaging what someone's face looks like, because I'm still finding it weird to see bodies with heads cut off.

Then maybe if their face isn't how I imagined (usually it isnt) that's disappointing.

I'm trying not to do this because I realise I'm losing out on potential great people.

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm going to be really blunt here OP.

Men don't do selfies well generally. Not of their face anyway. There's been so many occasions where I've been pleasantly surprised with how a man looks in person after seeing a shoddy face pic.

It's easier said than done but try and not dwell on it too much.

I've never had messages end after sending my face picture. Not because I'm particularly attractive, I'm not. I think it's because I've oft got it on my profile.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I beg to differ..I really like your pics...they are 'classy' and make a welcome change from the usual 'here's a hundred pics of my dick'..."

Aw thanks. Kind words. The ironic thing is we have actually met at a party

Reply privately

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I always use other people’s face pics (screengrabbed from modelling websites) and never have any issues…"

J

Reply privately

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

"I'm going to be really blunt here OP.

Men don't do selfies well generally. Not of their face anyway. There's been so many occasions where I've been pleasantly surprised with how a man looks in person after seeing a shoddy face pic.

I've never had messages end after sending my face picture. Not because I'm particularly attractive, I'm not. I think it's because I've oft got it on my profile. "

As ever Meli has it spot on.

So many male selfies are without a smile…. Smile guys- it helps!!

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Most people are not mutually compatible with most other people and this is for many reasons. It certainly includes physical attraction.

Having realistic expectations here is good common sense. Messages stop when the end of the line is reached. No reply = no (further) nterest

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I always use other people’s face pics (screengrabbed from modelling websites) and never have any issues…"

Can you recommend any good sites ? I’m darker skinned so please take that into consideration. Please and thankyou.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I beg to differ..I really like your pics...they are 'classy' and make a welcome change from the usual 'here's a hundred pics of my dick'...

Aw thanks. Kind words. The ironic thing is we have actually met at a party "

Did we? I have only ever been to one! It was ok..not really my thing. What a small world LOL

Reply privately

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I can confirm that this is true. When we met, though, he had thoughtfully printed a copy of said screenshot and wore it as a mask. Poor guy had to drink his pint through a straw, but I think the meet went well.

Reply privately

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

I've never had messages end after sending my face picture. Not because I'm particularly attractive, I'm not. I think it's because I've oft got it on my profile.

So many male selfies are without a smile…. Smile guys- it helps!!"

This doesn’t just apply to guys. George can take lovely photos of people, but almost all of our selfies together are embarrassing. Smiles always look awkward. There is a real art to it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Send me all your face pics and I’ll tell you what the problem is

I like your way of thinking "

No munters yet!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I did in the past and you stopped chatting "

Fibber

Reply privately

over a year ago

Soon come

Reply privately

over a year ago

It kills the conversation every time

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I can't remember anyone saying no thank you after I've sent a face pic.

They've seen I'm fat and are probably expecting the worse anyway.

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

This doesn’t just apply to guys. George can take lovely photos of people, but almost all of our selfies together are embarrassing. Smiles always look awkward. There is a real art to it. "

Oh, blast from the past. Hi! Can you say hi to George from me? He might remember me. Maybe not.

You're right though, I don't think natural smiles translate so well through the lens always, there's a definite real skill to it.

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Being online people have to be attracted to faces/bodies first.

Obviously it’s great building a rapport up but ultimately it’s going to be the sending of face pics which is an important step in the process.

Don’t worry if it’s a no as people aren’t attracted to everyone…like you wouldn’t carry on flirting with someone you didn’t fancy. We’ve all been rejected I’m sure.

We send face pics early in chats as we find it’s pointless getting to know someone and then finding you aren’t attracted to them.

K

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I'd say I'm the same as you OP as far the messaging stopping after sending a face pic and it can be demoralising, especially as I've never been one to take a lot of selfies so probably don't even know what a good selfie is. Do I smile, not smile, do a blue steel? I genuinely have no idea what shows me in my best light. I've also felt that I'm not conventionally attractive, but one of those that can become more attractive alongside my personality which doesn't bode well for Fab at all.

Reply privately

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

"I always use other people’s face pics (screengrabbed from modelling websites) and never have any issues…

I can confirm that this is true. When we met, though, he had thoughtfully printed a copy of said screenshot and wore it as a mask. Poor guy had to drink his pint through a straw, but I think the meet went well.

"

I thought I got away with it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hate taking selfies, and the ones I do are me at my most normal as to not cat fish. I don't always get a reply, but if they dont like me at my normal they dont get me at all. Their loss……I think?

Reply privately

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

This doesn’t just apply to guys. George can take lovely photos of people, but almost all of our selfies together are embarrassing. Smiles always look awkward. There is a real art to it.

Oh, blast from the past. Hi! Can you say hi to George from me? He might remember me. Maybe not.

You're right though, I don't think natural smiles translate so well through the lens always, there's a definite real skill to it. "

Hello Meli, I don’t think we ever spoke before, but I’m sureGeorge will remember you. I’ll say hi for you Xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Face pics sent early in a conversation cuts feeling a rejection that's so much worse further down the line.

I know it's not fb but if I dont find myself attracted to someone when I've been chatting to them I can't see why we can't just chat as friends anyway. If they ghost or block then that's fine. They've shown me they don't want a friendship. But I'm not about to discard someone just because I don't want their sexy side. It's nice to have people that share or have differing mindsets and kinks as friends even if they aren't ever lovers.

I've been blocked and deleted a few times. Happens to us all. It just comes with the way the people and this site work.

The only thing I hate is when someone sends a face pic and then if I keep chatting they assume I'm interested, and when it gets to a point where I say I'm not they get shitty. Theres a preset expectation there that they had, but I didn't share the same way of doing things. That's difficult at times.

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I hate taking selfies, and the ones I do are me at my most normal as to not cat fish. I don't always get a reply, but if they dont like me at my normal they dont get me at all. Their loss……I think? "

Out of age range, but I'm guessing you've got a fantastic face.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I also hate sending my face pic first.

What if I send it and it turns out I know the person and they know me?

And if I send it most would assume I'm interested so that'll stop me dead.

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

i send face pics.

sometimes had them on my profile but they still ask (ffs)

if they not for me, fine.

have you seen the weather?

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Face pics sent early in a conversation cuts feeling a rejection that's so much worse further down the line.

I know it's not fb but if I dont find myself attracted to someone when I've been chatting to them I can't see why we can't just chat as friends anyway. If they ghost or block then that's fine. They've shown me they don't want a friendship. But I'm not about to discard someone just because I don't want their sexy side. It's nice to have people that share or have differing mindsets and kinks as friends even if they aren't ever lovers.

I've been blocked and deleted a few times. Happens to us all. It just comes with the way the people and this site work.

The only thing I hate is when someone sends a face pic and then if I keep chatting they assume I'm interested, and when it gets to a point where I say I'm not they get shitty. Theres a preset expectation there that they had, but I didn't share the same way of doing things. That's difficult at times. "

exactly this but attraction is the name of the game for most

Reply privately

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

I agree on the selfies - I've never taken a good one, but why are you sending selfies anyway? I have a carefully curated selection of the three pics taken by other people that I look good in.

60% of the time, they work every time.

Reply privately

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"I also hate sending my face pic first.

What if I send it and it turns out I know the person and they know me?

And if I send it most would assume I'm interested so that'll stop me dead. "

It was sending me your underwear that made me think you were interested. After you sent the first dozen, I got the message

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

We state in our profile we require clear, recent face & full body pics from anyone that messages.

Wouldn’t chat to anyone we haven’t seen and are attracted to, cuts down the timewasters and helps with the catfish.

If people follow the profile we’ll ALWAYS send a polite response, but if not usually just a delete or sarcastic response.

There does seem to be a problem with couples that message us first and expect us to send face pics first which is weird logic.

Reply privately

By *ewCoupleHXCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

We prefer to start any conversation with a decent face pics. Obviously privacy is respected both ways and we only do it with well verified couples.

With newbies or no veris we prefer they sent their face pics first and we respond if we like them, I know this is not fair on genuine newbies but we have learnt the hard way about the fakes and cat fish on here.

Reply privately

By *ewCoupleHXCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Oh and anyone who keeps asking for more pics is clearly a timewaster in our eyes, you have either made a first impression or you have not

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"Oh and anyone who keeps asking for more pics is clearly a timewaster in our eyes, you have either made a first impression or you have not "

interesting

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

From a single guy perspective faces are like dicks - you've got what you've got and there's no changing it.

For all the 'do women prefer cut/uncut, hung/average, girth over length', bald headed/bearded' threads you see on here in all my 15 years on site I've never seen a forum post ask the question 'what kind of face do women like?'.

You can't change it. If people don't find it attractive that's life. Some will, some won't.

But much like anything dick related I doubt anyone is going to rush out for some plastic surgery just because someone expresses a preferences for a certain physical feature.

You can't please everyone so there's sod all point trying.

A

*plus there's always blindfolds.....

Reply privately

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Yep..get blocked after showing face. We just block them back.

Not interested in ppl that only are after looks and not the person.

Glad we dont meet them.

Reply privately

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"Yep..get blocked after showing face. We just block them back.

Glad we dont meet them."

Surely we're all after looks to some extent? I've never slept with anyone by the sheer force of their personality (and vice versa, I think). But not to derail the thread...

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Oh and anyone who keeps asking for more pics is clearly a timewaster in our eyes, you have either made a first impression or you have not "

Your photos have left an impression

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Glad we dont meet them.

Surely we're all after looks to some extent? I've never slept with anyone by the sheer force of their personality (and vice versa, I think). But not to derail the thread..."

Yep.

There has to be at least some semblance of attraction.

A

*of course for others there's always gloryholes, darkrooms and those weird animal masks as seen on that dogging documentary....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad we dont meet them.

Surely we're all after looks to some extent? I've never slept with anyone by the sheer force of their personality (and vice versa, I think). But not to derail the thread..."

But looks aren't 100% for everyone, are they? For some of us, personality is more important. Looks come second - yes, I accept there has to be an attraction, of course.

Reply privately

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I get a few knockbacks but then I also get it. Facial attraction is quite significant to me. I can see face pics that I am sure the vast majority of men would think wow, which do nothing for me. It's just there or it isn't.

And even if I do find them appealling that won't necessarily lead to sexual attraction.

If you know it's not there why carry on the pretence? You can't really protect someone's feelings by getting their hopes up, if they are into you. Personally, if they do get upset later then you have to own your part in that process, if you do. The longer it goes the more chance people feel hurt. In my opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I send ones but don't get loads of replies. So i just take it I'm not for them in whatever way. So no harm done. Though its my face, its not likely to change much lol

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I agree on the selfies - I've never taken a good one, but why are you sending selfies anyway? I have a carefully curated selection of the three pics taken by other people that I look good in.

60% of the time, they work every time."

Because some of us have no friends YOLO!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad we dont meet them.

Surely we're all after looks to some extent? I've never slept with anyone by the sheer force of their personality (and vice versa, I think). But not to derail the thread...

But looks aren't 100% for everyone, are they? For some of us, personality is more important. Looks come second - yes, I accept there has to be an attraction, of course. "

Looks are not everything as they tend to fade, personality and character and how they treat and respect and individual last longer.. I agree with this but unfortunately on fab majority of people are prioritising looks and appearance as they just want a one off or nsa sex so they want someone ‘fit’ lol

I find after exchanging pics quite a few people have said sorry not for me.. so I must be pretty ugly lol

Reply privately

By *lutWithAButtWoman
over a year ago

:)

If you're not her type, you're not her type. A 20% rate is pretty good on a website like this. I'll be honest, I only ever go for single guys who look like a Magic Mike model or guys who have super interesting ideas, and I only reply to about 5% of messages from single guys - so anything above that is good!

Its better to know straight away that theres no attraction than talking for a day and wasting both of your time x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad we dont meet them.

But looks aren't 100% for everyone, are they? For some of us, personality is more important. Looks come second - yes, I accept there has to be an attraction, of course.

Looks are not everything as they tend to fade, personality and character and how they treat and respect and individual last longer.. I agree with this but unfortunately on fab majority of people are prioritising looks and appearance as they just want a one off or nsa sex so they want someone ‘fit’ lol

I find after exchanging pics quite a few people have said sorry not for me.. so I must be pretty ugly lol

"

I guess if you're not conventionally attractive, this site can be hard going. And single men already have to deal with a lot of rejection I imagine.

Reply privately

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

Since I've been back on FAB 100% success on non rejection of a face pic.....1 for 1.. prior to that and on dating apps usually it's a conversation ender.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally, I think it's important to get the matter of face pics out of the way at the start, so will always send them in my first message - whether it's me initiating contact or responding to someone.

If the other party hasn't responded with pictures after a coyple of requests, I'll politely inform them that I won't be continuing communication without knowing what they look like - as otherwise it's just wasting everybodys time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Personally, I think it's important to get the matter of face pics out of the way at the start, so will always send them in my first message - whether it's me initiating contact or responding to someone.

If the other party hasn't responded with pictures after a coyple of requests, I'll politely inform them that I won't be continuing communication without knowing what they look like - as otherwise it's just wasting everybodys time."

I refused a face pic to someone yesterday and I know that not being prepared to show mine at the beginning might be an issue. That's fine with me.

Reply privately

By *uliette500Woman
over a year ago

Hull

I keep my face pics as friends only. If the chat is going well after a few messages I add as a friend it's up to them then if they want to keep talking if not I don't stress about it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad we dont meet them.

I guess if you're not conventionally attractive, this site can be hard going. And single men already have to deal with a lot of rejection I imagine. "

To be fair I don’t think I’m completely unattractive I think I’m just not photogenic I have been told I look different to my pics as I do in person I.e better in person.

I’m terms of single men, yes I think it’s harder for them on fab than single women or couples etc.. but not all of single men on here are idiots there’s still someone of us that are decent, respectful and genuine

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad we dont meet them.

I guess if you're not conventionally attractive, this site can be hard going. And single men already have to deal with a lot of rejection I imagine.

To be fair I don’t think I’m completely unattractive I think I’m just not photogenic I have been told I look different to my pics as I do in person I.e better in person.

I’m terms of single men, yes I think it’s harder for them on fab than single women or couples etc.. but not all of single men on here are idiots there’s still someone of us that are decent, respectful and genuine "

I've never understood why men are SO bad at taking a decent selfie! I have seen some horrible pics of men who're decent looking.

Reply privately

By *ig_eric_tionMan
over a year ago

IPSWICH

Boaty McBoatface lives.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/04/23 12:04:24]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad we dont meet them.

I’m terms of single men, yes I think it’s harder for them on fab than single women or couples etc.. but not all of single men on here are idiots there’s still someone of us that are decent, respectful and genuine

I've never understood why men are SO bad at taking a decent selfie! I have seen some horrible pics of men who're decent looking. "

Most people I’ve met have told me I look much better in person than my pics. Maybe my selfies are what’s letting me down on fab

Reply privately

By *apperleymanMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I think in general once you send a face pic a bit of the mystery has gone.. it’s more real then.. if someone had in their mind I was hopefully a cross between Brad Pitt and Chris Hemsworth (not far off tbh) then sees I’m not quite that then yes the messages might end abruptly..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad we dont meet them.

I've never understood why men are SO bad at taking a decent selfie! I have seen some horrible pics of men who're decent looking. "

Maybe i need a lesson in how to take a decent one lol

Reply privately

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I've had a no ta a few times in past,ideally people would say thanks but you're not for me.

I think many women fear abuse or the well why nots, if they say no to someone or maybe think the sender expects a pic back.

What amazes me most is the amount of people who send a 1st message asking to meet,when they haven't seen my face or sent theirs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad we dont meet them.

I've never understood why men are SO bad at taking a decent selfie! I have seen some horrible pics of men who're decent looking.

Most people I’ve met have told me I look much better in person than my pics. Maybe my selfies are what’s letting me down on fab "

Can't hurt to try to take better photos? Good light, move around and see which angles are more flattering.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad we dont meet them.

Maybe i need a lesson in how to take a decent one lol"

YouTube is your friend!

Reply privately

over a year ago

All the ladies I chat to have seen my face pic. They have never met me, but they still chat at least..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do not have a photogenic face at all. I don't arrange meets off here but I do on another particular site and have been blocked after sending face pic haha I don't care tbh I don't want to meet someone who doesn't fancy me that would be horrible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do not have a photogenic face at all. I don't arrange meets off here but I do on another particular site and have been blocked after sending face pic haha I don't care tbh I don't want to meet someone who doesn't fancy me that would be horrible.

"

I agree I couldn’t be with someone in a relationship or even jay for sex if there wasn’t mutual attraction. Despite what some may say or do I would prefer to be with someone who wants me for me and vice versa.

Just seen your profile and for the life in me I can’t imagine why anyone would block you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well for sure after reading all the replies to my thread I feel a lot more positive about my recent negative experiences. Maybe there are more of us in that same proverbial boat than I first thought. Actually maybe it’s more a cruise liner than a 2 paddle rowboat.

There is another conundrum, of course and it’s been alluded to, about which face pics are the ones to send. Am I sending the best ones etc. But that’s a whole different discussion for maybe a whole different thread. Which, incidentally, I have thought about starting but maybe lacked the balls to do so as it just smacks of a ‘look at me thread’ which I try to avoid.

Reply privately

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

I get sent A Lot of face pictures and can honestly say that men need to smile more!

When they think they are doing a smoulder- I see serial killer!!

Smile guys!!!

Reply privately

By *apperleymanMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I get sent A Lot of face pictures and can honestly say that men need to smile more!

Smile guys!!! "

Trust me - When I smile I look even more serial killery…. I prefer my blue steel smoulder pout…

Reply privately

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

"I get sent A Lot of face pictures and can honestly say that men need to smile more!

Smile guys!!!

Trust me - When I smile I look even more serial killery…. I prefer my blue steel smoulder pout… "

I thought afterwards, not the Jack Nicholson from the Shining smile, either!

I think its cos I have a thing about nice teeth, so I want to see them in a picture!

But a nice natural smile, can transform a face!

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When I was meeting I had a face picture on my profile so they knew what they where getting from the start. I also asked for face pictures in first messages. It was easier to get it out the way at the start to save any awkwardness further down the line

Reply privately

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

"I do not have a photogenic face at all. I don't arrange meets off here but I do on another particular site and have been blocked after sending face pic haha I don't care tbh I don't want to meet someone who doesn't fancy me that would be horrible.

"

Fortunately the rest of you is incredibly photogenic

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well for sure after reading all the replies to my thread I feel a lot more positive about my recent negative experiences. Maybe there are more of us in that same proverbial boat than I first thought. Actually maybe it’s more a cruise liner than a 2 paddle rowboat.

There is another conundrum, of course and it’s been alluded to, about which face pics are the ones to send. Am I sending the best ones etc. But that’s a whole different discussion for maybe a whole different thread. Which, incidentally, I have thought about starting but maybe lacked the balls to do so as it just smacks of a ‘look at me thread’ which I try to avoid. "

I'm always surprised by which photos people like. Tinder puts them in order based on this. And I'm . The top ones are always more relaxed, little makeup, smiling.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I normally get a contract signed in blood and spunk that we will still fuck before swapping face pics.

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

fall down.

get up again.

move forward

Reply privately

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I normally get a contract signed in blood and spunk that we will still fuck before swapping face pics. "

Snort laugh

J

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I'm not attracted to them I say so. I'm an adult and so are they. Blocking without any further messages is childish and pathetic.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always send a face pic within message or 2, usually chat continues but the let down comes when u plan a meet, it either dries up or is a no show 50% of the time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" I refused a face pic to someone yesterday and I know that not being prepared to show mine at the beginning might be an issue. That's fine with me. "

I often refuse to send face pics, if they don't like it tough, I only send if we are about to arrange a meet, and the main reason for swapping is to check we don't know each other!

I've met quite a few on here that if first message had been face pic I'd have thought no, not for me, but then meets have been amazing.

Also works the other way, some faces/bodies I'd think yes please! But then chat with them and it's no thanks lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Christ on a bike, I'm blocked already and I haven't even sent face pic yet

Reply privately

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Goes ok. Nobody has ever replied “blimey what a house haunter”. Yet.

I know I’m not conventionally attractive anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I normally get a contract signed in blood and spunk that we will still fuck before swapping face pics. "

DM me the contract

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I always reply after someone has sent a face photo, I think it's common decency.

I've sent face photos and not received a reply, which I find is ignorant. But at least I know they don't want to meet me and I can move on, next! "

This precisely

Reply privately

By *hinstrapMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

My face does seem to stop the convo.....maybe we should have a dark meet section

Reply privately

By *apperleymanMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"My face does seem to stop the convo.....maybe we should have a dark meet section "

I’m also much more popular in dark rooms..

Reply privately

By *hinstrapMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

Hmmm theres a great idea lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Christ on a bike, I'm blocked already and I haven't even sent face pic yet "

You’re a wee fibber it’s coz you’re outside the age range

Reply privately

By *9 kisses.Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

Seriously

I sent a face pic to a lady last week, the conversation was going good sent the pic,

Later that day she's delivered her profile,

I thought shit, am I that bad,

Maybe she ask me out at Halloween,

Reply privately

By *itonthesideWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

This is why i tend to only respond to messages with photos

Its not about being ugly or hot. Attraction is so personal. Just look at your couple friends who are no doubt all attracted to each other but you might choose none of them for yourself.

For many, sexual attraction starts with someones face snd the body etc follow on after. Certainly for me anyway … its all about eyes and smile

Its hard not to take it as a rejection but it really doesn’t mean you are unappealing , just not that persons preference

Reply privately

over a year ago

Christ on a bike, I'm blocked already and I haven't even sent face pic yet

You’re a wee fibber it’s coz you’re outside the age range "

Same thing

Reply privately

By *hilledGuyClactonMan
over a year ago

Little clacton

Just move on

But at least you send them,So many times in the past "always get the line ,Sorry we don't give out face pics" but can you send a few. That's with them sending me the first message

In the past I have only wanted face pics/quick pop on cam to see if the person is real etc Always good to have some sort of attraction.But personality is more of a connection/turn on for me.

Be the hottest person on the planet,but he like chatting to a potato

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is why i tend to only respond to messages with photos

Its not about being ugly or hot. Attraction is so personal. Just look at your couple friends who are no doubt all attracted to each other but you might choose none of them for yourself.

For many, sexual attraction starts with someones face snd the body etc follow on after. Certainly for me anyway … its all about eyes and smile

Its hard not to take it as a rejection but it really doesn’t mean you are unappealing , just not that persons preference "

Some women fancy the men on Love Island, some fancy Greg Davies, some fancy both.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Goes ok. Nobody has ever replied “blimey what a house haunter”. Yet.

I know I’m not conventionally attractive anyway."

What's conventionally attractive?

Reply privately

over a year ago

This could be interesting

Reply privately

over a year ago

" I refused a face pic to someone yesterday and I know that not being prepared to show mine at the beginning might be an issue. That's fine with me.

I often refuse to send face pics, if they don't like it tough, I only send if we are about to arrange a meet, and the main reason for swapping is to check we don't know each other!

I've met quite a few on here that if first message had been face pic I'd have thought no, not for me, but then meets have been amazing.

Also works the other way, some faces/bodies I'd think yes please! But then chat with them and it's no thanks lol "

I think it's all too easy to dismiss people based on a single photo of them isn't it? I find myself doing it on bumble sometimes - left left left. Yet I can only think of a couple of men I've been with whom I could really describe as good looking.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This could be interesting "

Still no mingers

Reply privately

over a year ago

This could be interesting

Still no mingers "

I’ll hold off sending mine then, don’t want to break the chain

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fibber "

I didnt get this fare and you stopped chatting lol

Reply privately

By *ustintime69Man
over a year ago

Bristol

So what is it about sending a face pic that gets you either blocked or dropped?

If I am not someone’s type and they tell me no thank you yet they still send me a face pic in return for mine then I feel like a human being and respected

Is that too much to hope for on Fab?

Reply privately

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Yeah that’s happened to me before. It’s disappointing but I get everyone has their own preference and you just gotta move on

Reply privately

over a year ago

And this is why I clearly show my face in public photos (when I'm not hiding my profile). Saves me wasting time and energy if my face is what makes them lose interest. Luckily I don't have to hide my face for professional or personal reasons

Reply privately

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"So what is it about sending a face pic that gets you either blocked or dropped?

If I am not someone’s type and they tell me no thank you yet they still send me a face pic in return for mine then I feel like a human being and respected

Is that too much to hope for on Fab?"

A lot of women get abuse if they say no thank you from what I’ve heard and prefer to just not respond

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fibber

I didnt get this fare and you stopped chatting lol"

I’m still working through a big pile!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So what is it about sending a face pic that gets you either blocked or dropped?

A lot of women get abuse if they say no thank you from what I’ve heard and prefer to just not respond "

This

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is that too much to hope for on Fab?"

Unfortunately there’s a lot of people who will hurl abuse at those who reject them, even politely, so many find it easier to just block and move on than reply and get abused in the response.

We’d all love a respectful reply, but there’s a lot who ruin that mutual respect through piss poor behaviour

Reply privately

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Fibber

I’m still working through a big pile!"

surely you expected the deluge

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fibber

surely you expected the deluge "

Less than ten from this thread. It’s the usual daily ‘fancy a fuck’ ones I’m trying to get through

Reply privately

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Fibber

surely you expected the deluge

Less than ten from this thread. It’s the usual daily ‘fancy a fuck’ ones I’m trying to get through "

You're just too far away

Reply privately

over a year ago

Does lol stand for lots of love or laugh out loud?

Reply privately

By *ustintime69Man
over a year ago

Bristol

A lot of women get abuse if they say no thank you from what I’ve heard and prefer to just not respond "

I don’t mind the not responding … it’s the blocking that feels demeaning … I don’t ever understand why men think it’s ok to be abusive though? That’s just wrong and weak

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

For me if we've been chatting and getting on great either suggest a picture. Some you win some you don't. It's part of life and shouldn't knock your confidence. My fab experience has been greater than the not likely leaving a doubt

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I don’t mind the not responding … it’s the blocking that feels demeaning"

Blocking is a tool, if they don't want to meet you as nice as you may be they just don't want to be contacted again from you.

Some people don't want to chat like friends and it's their right to use the site as they want to

Reply privately

By *hogun300Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Will happen to all on here at some point. Think iv been fortunate and have a pretty successful rate. Maybe bout 75% but that doesn't mean it always leads to play and not sent an abundance out either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Does lol stand for lots of love or laugh out loud? "

Lots of love

Reply privately

By *isfun2023Couple
over a year ago

wakefield

I think it's important to swap early in chat so you know if there is attraction

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks for all the replies but some of you totally missed the point of this thread . That’s my fault for probably not being clear enough in the opening post and will endeavour to correct that in future.

It wasn’t about whether a face pic should be swapped or not. It was about how the conversations had carried on post that face pic swap. But anyway soon the thread will be closing but thanks for all the feedback. It’s been good.

Reply privately

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan
over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

After that did she say you floated her boat or were you just another w-anchor ?

Reply privately

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

After that did she say you floated her boat or were you just another w-anchor ?"

Haha , class

Reply privately

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Let's (nearly) end with a positive. My most recent face pic sending went well

J

Reply privately

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

My face is up and that's why I'm blocked by many

Reply privately

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Maybe in past when could be bothered with the whole messaging lark maybe about 50% still message, have been blocked as well. I assumed the ones thst said nice things were just being polite haha. My problem is the contrast between face and body I aged quite prematurely so they don’t quite match, plus I’m old fashioned and don’t make any effort whatsoever to look “pretty” or whatever want to call it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always ask for a pic first just to out the timewasters and the catfish. Even if I'm not interested I return with my picture as a courtesy. When I decide to send my pic first for any reason, I sometimes don't even get a courtesy reply or anything. That just tells me they were awful people and probably shit in bed so dodged a bullet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Does lol stand for lots of love or laugh out loud?

Lots of love "

Really ...I thought it was " lick or leave"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Does lol stand for lots of love or laugh out loud?

Lots of love

Really ...I thought it was " lick or leave" "

I mean it could be

Reply privately

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Fin

Reply privately