Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your definition of "swinger"

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've seen a lot of posts about "genuine swingers" lately or lack thereof. Are you a genuine swinger? Do you think Fab is over run by frauds? Shall singles be banned and the swinging just be left to couples? What about the ones wanting single guys? Are we only swingers if we full swap every weekend at a club or in a hotel? Do we need to be regulars at our local club to count?

What is the check list to be classed as a genuine swinger and do you fit the bill?

I'm a fraud btw for anyone wanting to know

Pxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don’t think people should be penalised for being single, they can’t control that. The amount of couples that play separately, they should be banned by the same rules.

Swinging has different meanings for different people. If people are having fun, what does it matter

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I don't know what the check list is but I'm pretty certain I don't qualify.

Just here enjoying myself until I get kick out

over a year ago

I’m not sure and I don’t really care all that much if we’re classed as swingers or not. We just go our own thing

over a year ago

Do*

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’ve never been a swinger. I wouldn’t be a swinger (in that I wouldn’t happily share my partner). But I was here for the casual sex. And that worked when I wanted it.

But it turns out that for me, casual sex is over rated. And I wouldn’t have discovered that without Fab. I do chat to some lovely folk though, so I’ll not be leaving.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I have to be honest I don't understand it at all . I've vast experience with women and training subs and cpls and other doms and domies and poly lifestyle

But no experience of the swingers lifestyle or clubs .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't have one.

Just do what you want to do and leave everyone else to do the same is the closest I can get to it.

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

[Removed by poster at 09/04/23 22:40:55]

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

all i know is:

couples and single women can be swingers but single men cannot.

everytime i see that its a couple saying it, who were at one point ( thats right!) single.

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 09/04/23 22:40:55]"

Exactly! All got to start somewhere

over a year ago

People's definition of swinging varies depending on experiences and preferences so you'll never get a definitive answer...

I do think the concept of swinging being something only couples do is outdated as people's relationship dynamic changes, not everyone wants to be part of a couple but do want to indulge in the lifestyle

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"all i know is:

couples and single women can be swingers but single men cannot.

everytime i see that its a couple saying it, who were at one point ( thats right!) single."

Yeah I've seen a lot of this too.

Pxx

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

I think it's more about the attitude to the lifestyle rather than whether you're coupled up or not these days

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I don't think there is a definition now adays I just know the first time I joined a swingers site I had found my people

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I think it's an outdated word that should be left in the past.

I'm a dalliancer.

over a year ago

Technically being in this single I'm not a swinger but everytime there's someone hanging out the back of me, I somehow feel like I am.

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan
over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Never been a great fan of labels. I hope everyone on here is enjoying themselves and having fun. Who cares what it's called.

By *ed LipstickWoman
over a year ago

Fucksville

I was recommended this site by a bi sexual paratrooper that I'd never met, I was seeking an NSA sex affair..... not looked back

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Nah, I'm definitely not a swinger. I still don't know if I even like playing with couples

over a year ago

Some one who likes to play on swings

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If there's anything that needs banning around here, it's the word "genuine".

Or at least it should be restricted to those who can use it responsibly. Words *mean* things!

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"If there's anything that needs banning around here, it's the word "genuine".

Or at least it should be restricted to those who can use it responsibly. Words *mean* things!"

I feel a bit bad now because I think I use the word "genuinely" for emphasis waaaaaaaaay to much on here

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

I don't know what the definition is, but fairly sure I'd not meet it.

Over on SC, there's a thread running which suggests it's linked to going to clubs, which would mean the location of the sex you're having (or not!) is the basis of being awarded swinger status...

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Yeah and probably a bit polyamorous and demisexual.

I'd say in modern usage swingers are people who share their partner sexually, or who have sex with partners that share.

All just labels in the end.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Or at least it should be restricted to those who can use it responsibly. Words *mean* things!

I feel a bit bad now because I think I use the word "genuinely" for emphasis waaaaaaaaay to much on here "

I think you know what it means though

over a year ago

Didn't join Fab because I thought I was a swinger (I'm not), I just thought there might be people here who were more open sexually.

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

"Didn't join Fab because I thought I was a swinger (I'm not), I just thought there might be people here who were more open sexually. "

This is genuinely the same as me, good friend of mine recommended it to me she said I needed get laid

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I feel a bit bad now because I think I use the word "genuinely" for emphasis waaaaaaaaay to much on here

I think you know what it means though "

Oh I definitely get what you mean. Those who think being "genuine" stands them above others who don't feel the need to state as it should be a given.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

We don’t think of ourselves as swingers, although a couple of our friends think that we are. To be honest I don’t think we’ve ever given much thought to it. Labels are mostly meaningless anyway.

over a year ago

If I mention the word swinger in conversation most seem to have the view of couples putting keys into the bowl and it been a free for all.

As for do I consider myself a swinger, God no, I could wrote a book how not to be a swinger. We are over 3 months into the year and I've had sex once this year lol

Thankfully to be on this site don't have to hit a certain number of rides a year

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I genuinely don’t have a definition of a swinger as it means different things to different people. As long as they’re enjoying themselves then good for them

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"If I mention the word swinger in conversation most seem to have the view of couples putting keys into the bowl and it been a free for all.

As for do I consider myself a swinger, God no, I could wrote a book how not to be a swinger. We are over 3 months into the year and I've had sex once this year lol

Thankfully to be on this site don't have to hit a certain number of rides a year "

I'm still at a big fat zero

I do consider myself a swinger, but I suppose those who would impose a purity test would say that other life shit shouldn't get in the way of putting out.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Everyone’s definition is different.

What we’d class as swingers, we aren’t, but others may say that we are.

Who cares…

K

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I don't class myself as a swinger as I joined to explore the previously unexplored.

It's a hobby not a lifestyle and is way down my list of priorities and in some people's minds I shouldn't be here for those reasons alone.

over a year ago

I'm single so I guess I'm not technically a swinger.

I like couples and singles so whilst I'm here I will play. This is a distraction for me though , it's rather a low priority. I'm a busy lady but I love fab always have done.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Long arms, light body, strong grip loves outdoors and especially woods

over a year ago

Really not sure what defines a swinger but I don’t think we’re it to be honest. We’re just here to enjoy ourselves and to meet amazing people, this seems to be the place for that

over a year ago

I always thought swinging was just casual sex.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

For me. I'm not a swinger. I'm a promiscuous slut with a few longterm emotional relationships

I do see swinging as clubs, parties and moresomes

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

Pampas grass in the front garden with an upside down pineapple in the window....

Post new Message to Thread