Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ladies and....

Jump to newest

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

Men. What dø you think makes a man a gentleman?

Is it the way he talks, the way he dresses, the way he approaches others? Do ideologies øf the past affect what makes a gentleman in the present day?

Myself and another gentleman would love to hear your thøughts on this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This will be fun.

over a year ago

A gentleman is a man who doesn't wipe his cock clean on the curtains after emptying tank

I cannot confirm or deny that statement tho

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"This will be fun."

Definitely! I'm sure we'll get some very civil discussion like gentlemen!

over a year ago

A gentleman is never unintentionally rude

over a year ago

I would say it’s less about the appearance and more about the behaviour. Opening doors, letting the lady cum first

over a year ago

"This will be fun.

Definitely! I'm sure we'll get some very civil discussion like gentlemen! "

Like bollocks we will

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"A gentleman is a man who doesn't wipe his cock clean on the curtains after emptying tank

I cannot confirm or deny that statement tho"

But a lady will wipe it clean for him with her mouth, yes?

over a year ago

"A gentleman is a man who doesn't wipe his cock clean on the curtains after emptying tank

But a lady will wipe it clean for him with her mouth, yes? "

Have you been hacked???

over a year ago

"This will be fun.

Definitely! I'm sure we'll get some very civil discussion like gentlemen! "

The last time a similar thread popped up I think people said gentlemen are misogynistic.

over a year ago

Respect mostly, it's refreshing to see that sometimes.

Otherwise little things that take me back. I went out with someone recently and he held the door, gave me his jacket in the cold and walked me to the car. Those things are unexpected but lovely to see.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Knows when to hold the door open for you and slap you on the ass....

Breaks your headboard not your heart...

over a year ago

But a lady will wipe it clean for him with her mouth, yes? "

But according to ladies, us men want a whore in the bedroom. No?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I think being a gentleman just comes natural to some. My late partner was an old fashioned gentleman everyone who met him man or woman described him as a gentleman. He was a natural with others. He did many things but a couple that come to mind are that he always put my coat on for me. Stood up when I left the table whether we where at home or out. He would never finish his meal before me He would pace himself with me. I know a lot of women in this day and age wouldn't like it but I loved it. He was a lot older.

Of a younger mam I would say to be a gentleman would just be kind , polite and respectful. I wouldn't expect a modern man to behave like my beloved Jay

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes and every person's idea of what it is will be tailored to themselves

Mine is Sean Connery as bond.

That persona which does include a slight arsehole trait, defines it for me

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"A gentleman is never unintentionally rude"

Very good use of the word unintentional there, it definitely makes a difference when trying to be a gentleman towards someone

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Men. What dø you think makes a man a gentleman?

Is it the way he talks, the way he dresses, the way he approaches others? Do ideologies øf the past affect what makes a gentleman in the present day?

Myself and another gentleman would love to hear your thøughts on this "

Manners. I don’t think one has to go all out these days on traditional values, in fact, some women don’t appreciate that. But little things like complimenting someone on their appearance, holding a door open, listening to what they’re saying, putting their feelings ahead of your own; are all examples of things any gentleman should do without even thinking.

Oh - and at least 45 minutes of chewing on that clitoris.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Knows when to hold the door open for you and slap you on the ass....

Breaks your headboard not your heart..."

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"I would say it’s less about the appearance and more about the behaviour. Opening doors, letting the lady cum first "

So you would say a gentleman is one who puts others before themselves?

over a year ago

I don't really know tbh.

I'm going with someone that's confident, respectful, polite but self assured, not a dick, smells nice, attentive, makes you feel desired.

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

But a lady will wipe it clean for him with her mouth, yes?

Have you been hacked???"

Now I'm worried, what makes you think that?

over a year ago

"I would say it’s less about the appearance and more about the behaviour. Opening doors, letting the lady cum first

So you would say a gentleman is one who puts others before themselves?"

Not necessarily all others, but certainly his lady

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"This will be fun.

The last time a similar thread popped up I think people said gentlemen are misogynistic. "

I can see that point of view if the idea of a gentleman is what he provides to women if women do prefer to be more independent.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Manners and respect, definitely more of an attitude than the way anyone looks/dresses.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Gentleman, in English history, a man entitled to bear arms but not included in the nobility. In its original and strict sense the term denoted a man of good family, deriving from the Latin word gentilis and invariably translated in English-Latin documents as generosus.

Google it for you, you're welcome.

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"Respect mostly, it's refreshing to see that sometimes.

Otherwise little things that take me back. I went out with someone recently and he held the door, gave me his jacket in the cold and walked me to the car. Those things are unexpected but lovely to see."

Great examples! Good traits and providing a helping hand to those in need would be a good way to define it, especially when it's not asked of them

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"This will be fun.

The last time a similar thread popped up I think people said gentlemen are misogynistic.

I can see that point of view if the idea of a gentleman is what he provides to women if women do prefer to be more independent."

If they only hold the door open for women then they're not a gentleman. A gentleman would do it for everyone. There ends my very short Ted Talk on this subject.

J

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

Breaks your headboard not your heart..."

Makes your pussy wet, not your eyes?

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I've always been a gentlemen .I love and respect women and do all I can to please and make them happy .do my best to show them that have had bad experiences with the shit men out there .that their are still some gentlemen left .

over a year ago

A gentleman speaks up for others when he needs to, never speaks down to others even when deserved.

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

Ok, I'm not going to do everyone's reply justice by replying to them all so just going to let the thread breathe a little so it's open for discussion, especially if people care passionately about the subject

over a year ago

He smudges your lipstick and not your mascara

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm not sure. I don't want to fall into classic tropes because sometimes they hid misogynistic traits (I'm thinking of those depicted in film and literature), markings of the time.

I think a gentleman is someone who is courteous. No, not quite courteous. Generous. With their manners, their time, their heart, their kindness. The respect they show to all, regardless of gender, class or anything like that. They don't have to be grandiose gestures, just those little things that show they acknowledge and think of others.

That's what I believe a gentleman is.

More then clothing, more than the words that fall from their lips because even the devil can speak in honeyed tones.

They just... *are*.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

Respect, honesty and manners are essential parts of it. But also there is something intangible about the way a gentleman conducts himself around others. Confidence is part of it, but also a certain deference towards others without ever appearing weak.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Breaks your headboard not your heart...

Makes your pussy wet, not your eyes? "

Knew there was another one I was forgetting

By *weetiepie99Woman
over a year ago

cardiff

Someone who values other people

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

A gentleman wipes up his own pee off the seat

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"Yes and every person's idea of what it is will be tailored to themselves

Mine is Sean Connery as bond.

That persona which does include a slight arsehole trait, defines it for me "

The slight arsehole part is interesting. Not typically seen as gentleman behaviour but I suppose that why it's up to the individual to decide who is a gentleman

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"A gentleman wipes up his own pee off the seat"

Correct anyone who leaves any is

Certainly not a gentleman

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

Manners. I don’t think one has to go all out these days on traditional values, in fact, some women don’t appreciate that. But little things like complimenting someone on their appearance, holding a door open, listening to what they’re saying, putting their feelings ahead of your own; are all examples of things any gentleman should do without even thinking.

Oh - and at least 45 minutes of chewing on that clitoris. "

I agree with you, but would think this would apply to doing it to everyone rather than just women as it can be seen as a hidden agenda otherwise. And 45 mins? Guess I'm not a gentleman

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"This will be fun.

I can see that point of view if the idea of a gentleman is what he provides to women if women do prefer to be more independent.

If they only hold the door open for women then they're not a gentleman. A gentleman would do it for everyone. There ends my very short Ted Talk on this subject.

J"

A brief addendum. Some 'gentlemen' will hold the door open for others when a woman is watching in order to curry favour. A gentleman does it all the time even if no one is watching.

J

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Also they don't raise their voice

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"I don't really know tbh.

I'm going with someone that's confident, respectful, polite but self assured, not a dick, smells nice, attentive, makes you feel desired.

"

Smells nice is an inteeresting one as what smells nice to you may not to someone else.

over a year ago

If it takes 45 minutes you’re doing it wrong

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"I would say it’s less about the appearance and more about the behaviour. Opening doors, letting the lady cum first

So you would say a gentleman is one who puts others before themselves?

Not necessarily all others, but certainly his lady "

Ahhh but then is he a true gentleman if he doesn't apply this to everyone? Not the cumming first, obvs

By *ust JuicyWoman
over a year ago

east london

Mr Darcy …..

By *ilkstressWoman
over a year ago

Drasnia

Being thoughtful and considerate. For example, a man who walks me to my car after we meet is a gentleman.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

They also say thankyou a lot. Whenever Jay left he would always thank me for my company

over a year ago

To me, being a gentleman means you are considerate, thoughtful and kind to everyone regardless of gender or class. They consider how their words or actions might affect others and always do their best to make people around them feel comfortable.

I don’t think being a gentleman is anything to do with the way they dress or if they hold open the door for you. Being a true gentleman comes naturally and it’s just a part of who they are.

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

To me it’s purely in his actions, I’ve came across people who to look at you certainly wouldn’t think they were gentleman but were some of the most sound people you could meet, on the flip side I’ve met some people who look the part but were total fucking shitbags. guess it’s the age old book by cover thing

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"They just... *are*."

I'm glad you wrote that, Meli. I think this is it. It's unthinking and uncontrived. And the "honeyed voice" is true - some of the falsest people I've met have been incredibly "gentlemanly" on the surface. I didn't trust them one iota though.

I don't really know the answer but a lot of the characteristics involved could also be viewed as just being a decent human being.

over a year ago

Non pushy,no ulterior motives, being kind just to be kind not to get in my knickers walking me from the swing club to my car coz its dark

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Gentlemen drink cognac and only smoke whilst wearing a jacket.

over a year ago

Im not sure really. I dont think its just the stuff that is manners. I think it is probably for me a feeling of safety. They can still be a terrible pervert, horny, have a chaotic life, be hopeless at any number of things, but you feel safe with them.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Jay had never met anyone like me before. He was married for over 30 years. It took years for him to accept that if we where in a pub I would just get up and go to the bar. Also when we where on holiday when I'd do the toast and get the juice for breakfast. He also wasn't comfortable for paying for things but later in out relationship he would say are you taking me out for lunch today and was comfortable with me paying

He had also never farted in front of anyone else but I soon brought him down to my level lol. We both taught each other a lot

over a year ago

Manners, opening the door etc but I’m old fashioned and like traditional things

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I don’t think I could give an answer that would make sense to anyone.

As Meli said really, they just are. There is something about them, something old fashioned but delightfully so, not in a keep women under the thumb kind of way.

It comes natural to them, which makes it non cringey.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Ethical consideration of decisions and a willingness to justify them, if the other person is willing to listen.

Ownership of one's own feelings and respecting other's responsibility to do the same, when it is appropriate.

Respecting a person's autonomy as well as your own. Self- respect.

Kindness and compassion towards others and oneself.

A willingness to protect the vulnerable especially little fluffy kittens and hedgehogs.

So not attire, language, or archaic rituals. An ethos of sharing power.

The term gentleman probably perpetuates outdated gender-norms, in the same way lady does.

I tend not to go for 'traditional' women. Had a few say that to me and I'm like woah you don't want me trust me. Lol

over a year ago

I don't think I believe in gentlemen. There are decent men, or there are arseholes. Gentlemen is from a bye gone age. And in my experience, men who describe themselves as gents turn out to be arseholes. Sorry for the scepticism.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

"I don't think I believe in gentlemen. There are decent men, or there are arseholes. Gentlemen is from a bye gone age. And in my experience, men who describe themselves as gents turn out to be arseholes. Sorry for the scepticism. "

This

over a year ago

Manners makes the man.

over a year ago

"I don't think I believe in gentlemen. There are decent men, or there are arseholes. Gentlemen is from a bye gone age. And in my experience, men who describe themselves as gents turn out to be arseholes. Sorry for the scepticism.

This "

(Except I should have put cynicism, not scepticism! )

over a year ago

"I don't think I believe in gentlemen. There are decent men, or there are arseholes. Gentlemen is from a bye gone age. And in my experience, men who describe themselves as gents turn out to be arseholes. Sorry for the scepticism.

This

(Except I should have put cynicism, not scepticism! ) "

Ouch...my arsehole is offended

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

This

(Except I should have put cynicism, not scepticism! ) "

Maybe... It's your experience not mine.

over a year ago

This

(Except I should have put cynicism, not scepticism! )

Maybe... It's your experience not mine."

I was sceptical for a while and then experience has taught me to be cynical.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I don't think it's exclusively restricted to attire or chivalrous deeds or wealth or style or even how he conducts himself in the bedroom: even a barrow boy or a rag n' bone man can be a gentleman.

Being a gentleman is a matter of choice. Politeness, civility, patience and kindness above all else.

A man will hold back his tears for the sake of bravado; a gentleman isn't afraid to cry.

Is it about being a differentiator? A man assumes he knows where the clitoris is; a gentleman isn't ashamed to ask.

A gentleman will give with no expectation of anything in return. For example: he will carefully hold her perfectly coiffured hair back as she throws up following a night of over-indulgence.

He will instinctively drop to the floor to locate her missing earring.

There is no right or wrong answer. On this Fab fora only the women can (mostly) gauge which one of us is a Gentleman by the way we conduct ourselves on here.

By *tar80sWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I think Rip Wheeler (Yellowstone) is a good start.

I am so fucking tired of men not having the balls to punch out some asshole for being a dick. Just do the right fucking thing and do what I cannot.

I am tired of men not wanting to get their suits dirty by stopping for anyone on a rainy road to see if they are ok, or god forbid help someone put heavy shit into their car.

Hey guess what - chivalry isn't dead. It's gotten fucking entitled and lazy. Perhaps if every single shithead who bought things online went out and role modelled to society how they are supposed to act - perhaps the "i hate people" crowd would slim down to only 40% of the population and we might have a running chance at fixing stupid questions such as this one instead of asking what if.

over a year ago

"I would say it’s less about the appearance and more about the behaviour. Opening doors, letting the lady cum first "

The mere basics surely, is there any other way?

By *unfunfun xMan
over a year ago

LONDON

"I think Rip Wheeler (Yellowstone) is a good start.

I am so fucking tired of men not having the balls to punch out some asshole for being a dick. Just do the right fucking thing and do what I cannot.

I am tired of men not wanting to get their suits dirty by stopping for anyone on a rainy road to see if they are ok, or god forbid help someone put heavy shit into their car.

Hey guess what - chivalry isn't dead. It's gotten fucking entitled and lazy. Perhaps if every single shithead who bought things online went out and role modelled to society how they are supposed to act - perhaps the "i hate people" crowd would slim down to only 40% of the population and we might have a running chance at fixing stupid questions such as this one instead of asking what if."

nice and blunt and honest think that be a good trait in us blokes just be honest real and polite to any female or male.

over a year ago

The way they treat others, genuine kindness, chivalry, morals and principles. I don't know it's very subjective and will mean so many different things to different people.

I think it's who they are at there core.

By *illan-KillashMan
over a year ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"I think being a gentleman just comes natural to some. My late partner was an old fashioned gentleman everyone who met him man or woman described him as a gentleman. He was a natural with others. He did many things but a couple that come to mind are that he always put my coat on for me. Stood up when I left the table whether we where at home or out. He would never finish his meal before me He would pace himself with me. I know a lot of women in this day and age wouldn't like it but I loved it. He was a lot older.

Of a younger mam I would say to be a gentleman would just be kind , polite and respectful. I wouldn't expect a modern man to behave like my beloved Jay

"

All of this.

Your Jay sounds like was the epitome of an old school gentleman.

Add in opening doors, offering a seat on public transport, making sure the lady is walking on the inside, not kerbside. Giving his jacket to warm her on a cold night.

These acts, executed naturally, without fuss or effort.....

over a year ago

Sounds like the perfect gentleman.. except for the 45 min chewing as you called that made me squirm just a bit

By *laytime78Man
over a year ago

Oldham

A man cannot declare himself a gentleman!

Gentleman is a title bestowed upon a man by others as they observe him, how he talks, what he says, who he interacts with and what were his motives for doing so, if enough of these align then he may be considered a Gentleman.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Respectful, friendly & good morals.

Mrs

By *airyboxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"Respect mostly, it's refreshing to see that sometimes.

Otherwise little things that take me back. I went out with someone recently and he held the door, gave me his jacket in the cold and walked me to the car. Those things are unexpected but lovely to see."

And then rogered you senseless?

By *obra 327Man
over a year ago

Bromley

Respect people the way you’d expect to be respected being polite isn’t a crime it’s manners

over a year ago

Bookmarking

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

look in the mirror _oebeans i think you will see a well mannered young gentleman,,

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Myself and another gentleman would love to hear your thøughts on this "

The way he thinks when no one is looking/listening. If his outside courteous, respectful nature matches his inner monologue then by and large he’s a gent, truth is, “the cu&t will out”

over a year ago

A man who is a gentleman doesn't feel the need to act like one to show the world he's one, or tell others that he's one, or come up with some sort of one-size-fits-all definition of what makes a man a "stereotypical/subjective" gentleman. He's just one, and people will notice. It's only a matter of time and interaction to see it. And to most people in life it won't matter nor be of any importance to them whether he's a gentleman or not.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Oh - and at least 45 minutes of chewing on that clitoris.

Sounds like the perfect gentleman.. except for the 45 min chewing as you called that made me squirm just a bit "

Haha!! That last bit was just a flippant remark, I don’t actually chew

It’s more of a gnash ‘n’ munch accompanied with aggressive finger blasting.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

bloody hell I waffled on on here last night lol

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

She's a Bird's Eye™ Potato Waffle... ^