Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Memory

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

How good is your memory?

I have a very poor memory until something reminds me of an event.

Some things I remember as clear as yesterday and some things are long gone.

What made me start this thread was the kikissing thread from earlier. I've been thinking all afternoon who my first proper snog was with and I'm still none the wiser.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have a memory like an elephant, I remember everything, trust me it isn't a blessing, there are a lot of things very dark and disturbing in my mind I wish I could forget

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

My memory for things I’ve done, and people I’ve done them with, is amazing.

My memory for when those things happened, and in what order? Fucking terrible.

over a year ago

"I have a memory like an elephant, I remember everything, trust me it isn't a blessing, there are a lot of things very dark and disturbing in my mind I wish I could forget "
I remember some things really clearly but there is lots of chunks missing until something triggers a memory

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Very good

over a year ago

Annoying good.

I've been told I have a photographic memory before but I'm not sure I do, I just remember a lot of stuff!

over a year ago

I remember important people and events pretty well.

Also, I have a real good knack for travelling somewhere just once, and I can find my way there again easily. That’s a bit wierd.

over a year ago

I have a great long term memory. I can remember events from years ago that other people don’t but when it comes to remembering little things I’m absolutely useless.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

It's quite bad..I once bought a book ..how to improve your memory.. to help me.. I've no idea where it is though

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

We both have very good memories.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

If it's linked to emotions very good.

E.g. I can remember my friend kissing me when I was probably 2ish. She had red hair, freckles and slobbered all over my face.

I get loads of triggered memories, good and bad. It can be a bit overwhelming at times.

over a year ago

My memory is shot to hell, I can remember some stuff but it's very fragmented. I'm not entirely sure what the cause is but I can safely assume that it's one of two things or maybe even both, dissociative amnesia from emotional trauma, and suffering a traumatic brain injury when I was 5/6 years old. I fell off a bike that was too big for me rolling down a steep hill, flew over the handle bars and smacked my forehead on a rock, I was unc0nscious for probably 2-3 hours but I wasn't taken to the hospital, which I later learned in life turned out to be suuuuuper bad for me

(Also why is unconsci0us a banned word? Smh)

over a year ago

"How good is your memory?

What made me start this thread was the kikissing thread from earlier. I've been thinking all afternoon who my first proper snog was with and I'm still none the wiser."

Short term memory garbage long term memory good

First girl I kissed can’t say when or be in trouble was at disco which I disappeared from the Bernardo’s home for while another detention and yes ended up back her house

over a year ago

"If it's linked to emotions very good.

E.g. I can remember my friend kissing me when I was probably 2ish. She had red hair, freckles and slobbered all over my face.

I get loads of triggered memories, good and bad. It can be a bit overwhelming at times.

"

I can completely forget a really big event in my life until something triggers it and then I remember it clearly

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

i can remember my first kiss memory still pretty good

over a year ago

Mostly bad but am surprised at the things I do remember.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I’ve got an odd memory and can’t really identify how it works. I have excellent capacity for remembering numbers (phone, car registrations etc) but will forget the name of someone I spoke to last week.

I tend to remember things that have a direct impact on me, but not things which are important to others. That’s a shame because it often means people think I don’t care about them, when I really do.

I used to be so absent minded but I discovered that lists work for me. I now write everything down or use my calendar for silly things.

over a year ago

My memory is awful which I why we have to be in ghost mode. Even if I've spoken to you for ages, I still need/want a refresher of your photos

F

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I struggle to remember what happened a day ago.

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I forgot

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I can completely forget a really big event in my life until something triggers it and then I remember it clearly"

It's to do with how emotionally significant memories are retained in the limbic system.

It's similar to trauma responses, but hopefully those events were pleasant for you so you don't get the flight/fight stuff kicking in.

You can almost feel like you felt at the time?

over a year ago

I can completely forget a really big event in my life until something triggers it and then I remember it clearly

It's to do with how emotionally significant memories are retained in the limbic system.

It's similar to trauma responses, but hopefully those events were pleasant for you so you don't get the flight/fight stuff kicking in.

You can almost feel like you felt at the time?"

Yes. When I remember them they are really clear. It could be trauma as they are not all pleasant memories

over a year ago

"How good is your memory?

What made me start this thread was the kikissing thread from earlier. I've been thinking all afternoon who my first proper snog was with and I'm still none the wiser."

I used the torch on my phone to look for my phone last night.

Post new Message to Thread