Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ghosted and cancelled dates

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How many get ghosted or cancelled on regularly. I'm going through a spell of it. Before this year I hadn't really experienced it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So far most of the meets I’ve arranged on here have been ghosts.

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

If it keeps happening to you, it's probably worth re-evaluating how you go about things

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Ghosting isn’t good for your Egon.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Ghosting isn’t good for your Egon.

"

or your musk

over a year ago

Can't say I actually have dates from off fab so none. As it stands I've never been ghosted ot cancelled on...but then I'm fucking amazing

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Was never once cancelled on

over a year ago

Pretty regularly.

over a year ago

3 times in one day!

over a year ago

There's no avoiding it on here, that's why I don't meet anymore. Even the so called 'good guys' bail, its exhausting to say the least.

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

or your musk "

Ok

over a year ago

So many ghosts on here should call it Fab Seance

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Not regularly.

Far from it.

Never been ghosted.

But this year I had the pleasure of experiencing a date being cancelled (fair enough, it was mutual) to then find out it wasn't because of reasons we'd discussed. It was because they wanted to meet someone else more than me.

It stung a bit. Quite a bit. I remember excitedly starting to plan, looking forward to it as a final distraction before a very important and scary hospital appointment. You know, the chance to be a woman who is desired, dress up, have fun and a laugh before something that could have been really life changing. I guess a chance to be normal once more.

And then realising it wasn't happening.

And then finding out someone else was a better choice.

It's the first time it's happened to me. Ever. And not an experience I'm in a hurry to repeat. Ever again.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Not regularly.

Far from it.

Never been ghosted.

But this year I had the pleasure of experiencing a date being cancelled (fair enough, it was mutual) to then find out it wasn't because of reasons we'd discussed. It was because they wanted to meet someone else more than me.

It stung a bit. Quite a bit. I remember excitedly starting to plan, looking forward to it as a final distraction before a very important and scary hospital appointment. You know, the chance to be a woman who is desired, dress up, have fun and a laugh before something that could have been really life changing. I guess a chance to be normal once more.

It's the first time it's happened to me. Ever. And not an experience I'm in a hurry to repeat. Ever again.

"

Horrible behaviour to another human bean. The irony is, your prospective partner probably didn’t even hit it off with their intended.

I hope they realised that’s not how you treat people and won’t do it to any other women.

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

Pretty much all of them recently but then it was up to myself not seeing (or not wanting to see) obvious red flags so I am the only one to blame.

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

"Not regularly.

Far from it.

Never been ghosted.

"

Oh Meli, sorry to hear that.

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan
over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

I totally agree it’s suddenly worse this year!

I should be out on a meet right now, after chatting for several days, but she cancelled suddenly last night and ghosted.

Oh well, it’s her loss

over a year ago

I don't get it, given the amount of whining and moaning about difficulty to get meets by men, why would they not make the effort to turn up??

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm sorry to hear this OP. I hope there were genuine and compelling reasons around this.

I've been quite fortunate and never experienced this. Intuition, gut feel and the fact that I (mostly but not exclusively) chat for weeks or months before meeting could be my saving grace.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"Can't say I actually have dates from off fab so none. As it stands I've never been ghosted ot cancelled on...but then I'm fucking amazing "

I'll ghost you harder than a Scooby Doo episode

By *akeanyoneMan
over a year ago

LH

Happens to us all. Brush it off, block them and carry on

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Not regularly.

Far from it.

Never been ghosted.

Horrible behaviour to another human bean. The irony is, your prospective partner probably didn’t even hit it off with their intended.

I hope they realised that’s not how you treat people and won’t do it to any other women."

Oh it's fine, really. They're not a bad person. Far from it. I still think they're brilliant. They'd rather spend time with someone else and that's fair. I'm not the *best* of company. Not particularly sexy.

I think it hurt more because of how excitedly I'd spoken about wearing red lipstick and heels and needing it to stop me dwelling on health stuff.

Hey ho! I'm focusing on being better. More desirable company. Hopefully people will see I'm not too bad.

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Alot mainly from "bi women"

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"...Oh Meli, sorry to hear that.

"

Oh, save your pathos for those who are more deserving! Mèlí is made of stronger stuff, the battle-hardended wench.

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

"Not regularly.

Far from it.

Never been ghosted.

"

Oh wow, that’s some proper cunthousery

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’ve not experienced this. However. I have had the misfortune of a guy legging it “to get something out of his car” after he’d cum, only never to return. Although he still had the cheek to message me on WhatsApp for years after for another meet.

In that instance I’d rather he had ghosted me rather than me thinking he’d parked his car in a different town and had walked there via Scotland.

over a year ago

Looks like I've been let down today .

It happens it's extremely annoying but hey ho.

over a year ago

"If it keeps happening to you, it's probably worth re-evaluating how you go about things "

Yeah I wondered if it was me. But I'm no different now than I was a few months ago

over a year ago

"Looks like I've been let down today .

It happens it's extremely annoying but hey ho. "

Will never understand someone who cancels last minute! Generally you know in advance unless it’s an (unlikely) emergency

over a year ago

"

Lol took me a sec...

over a year ago

"Pretty regularly."

Phew... not just me then x

over a year ago

"There's no avoiding it on here, that's why I don't meet anymore. Even the so called 'good guys' bail, its exhausting to say the least."

Exhausting is a good word for it x

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Not regularly but it happens.

Cancelling is fine to me. I wouldn't want someone to meet for any other reason than they wanted to, obviously more notice is better. Same applies for me.

The limbo state of I want to meet but... That can be a problem, if it drags out, because of course at some point attentions and feelings will shift. That's just human.

Sometimes these things are about timing, rather than anything personal.

Ghosting meh lol... I got submarined after year, a few weeks back. I couldn't tell you who ghosted who ??. We were both laughing about it.

over a year ago

"I totally agree it’s suddenly worse this year!

I should be out on a meet right now, after chatting for several days, but she cancelled suddenly last night and ghosted.

Oh well, it’s her loss "

Same!

By *r happy2021Man
over a year ago

bury

I will understand why people go to all the time and effort in chatting to someone and making arrangements to meet. Then they back out, should always turn up

over a year ago

"I'm sorry to hear this OP. I hope there were genuine and compelling reasons around this.

I've been quite fortunate and never experienced this. Intuition, gut feel and the fact that I (mostly but not exclusively) chat for weeks or months before meeting could be my saving grace. "

There's always a reason... one woman had 6 in a row lol

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Ghosted after a meet once.

Cancelled quite a few times, life sometimes gets in the way and we both have done it

Cancelled and ghosted. None

By *r happy2021Man
over a year ago

bury

It happens to us all. Try not to let it get you down

By *allulah8091Woman
over a year ago

Harrogate

I fucking hate it, why waste my time and yours setting up a meet if your not going to show extra mad if I have to shave my legs and you don't show just rude

over a year ago

We’ve been ghosted a few times. It’s only happened once on the day of a meet though which was really frustrating after arranging a babysitter.

By *urve_your_enthusiasmWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Going through a phase of being ghosted. Some I had been talking with for a long time and even met several times. To me it's just wank talk and then reality hits and they can't do it, for different reasons.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Can't say I actually have dates from off fab so none. As it stands I've never been ghosted ot cancelled on...but then I'm fucking amazing "
Fabulous daaaaarrrling! Haha

PS I think i've been ghosted by Casper though! Pretty sure he gave me wet willies when i'm sleeping.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Pretty regularly."
I find that hard to believe and I wonder if you read that with sarcasm.

By *hemainintainMan
over a year ago

govan

Struggle to get a message never mind a date.....

over a year ago

"Pretty regularly. I find that hard to believe and I wonder if you read that with sarcasm. "

I read everything with sarcasm.

But its actually the truth. For once.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Yes. It happens.

I hardly ever plan anything with anyone now because I'm pretty certain it would happen again.

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"Yes. It happens.

I hardly ever plan anything with anyone now because I'm pretty certain it would happen again."

Don't ever give up x

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Pretty regularly. I find that hard to believe and I wonder if you read that with sarcasm.

But its actually the truth. For once. "

I was being sincere, I do find that hard to believe.

Don't get use to me being sincere though.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Yes. It happens.

I hardly ever plan anything with anyone now because I'm pretty certain it would happen again."

Easier said than done, very much so. Try and not let past experiences prevent you from having future ones.

over a year ago

"Pretty regularly. I find that hard to believe and I wonder if you read that with sarcasm.

But its actually the truth. For once. I was being sincere, I do find that hard to believe.

Don't get use to me being sincere though."

You are male, so therefore I never would.

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman
over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

That's a bit shite.

I can imagine it doesn't help your confidence much but try not to let it. Folk can lose their bottle or just be full of shite. Either way not a "you" problem.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Oh, save your pathos for those who are more deserving! Mèlí is made of stronger stuff, the battle-hardended wench. "

Wench. I'm biting. Wench. Ha, thank you Nerolatte.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Oh, save your pathos for those who are more deserving! Mèlí is made of stronger stuff, the battle-hardended wench.

Wench. I'm biting. Wench. Ha, thank you Nerolatte. "

SëxPøt.

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

"If it keeps happening to you, it's probably worth re-evaluating how you go about things "

totally agree with this .... i cant remember the last time i was let down

and your not being ghost your pmly ghost when you know the person well ie long term friends or relationship ... people stop chatting because they can they owr you nothing

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

and i meet alot spontaneous and planned

over a year ago

Most weekends for me , I could be chatting for weeks, arrange a meet then about 15 mins before due either ghosted or profile disappeared,I've been on here a few year's and before lockdown it was rare now it's quite frequent and annoying

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I was chatting with a lady for a bit with a view to an FF meet. I shared a face pic and was ghosted. Stung a little.

J

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

But its actually the truth. For once. I was being sincere, I do find that hard to believe.

Don't get use to me being sincere though.

You are male, so therefore I never would. "

Just take the compliment, it's not easy being nice, I have a attitude to maintain.

Hand on heart, I do find it strange that anybody would ghost you or not turn up for a date, social or any other meeting with you, therefore, they are the ones that have lost out as you seem to be fun, not in a sexual way but someone who can have some banter with you are very attractive,it is their loss.

Now, can I get back to my life of sarcasm, and meaningless comments.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I was chatting with a lady for a bit with a view to an FF meet. I shared a face pic and was ghosted. Stung a little.

J"

I’d still do you

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

the one thing guaranteed.

people will let you down in life.

confusion reigns supreme

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I was chatting with a lady for a bit with a view to an FF meet. I shared a face pic and was ghosted. Stung a little.

J

I’d still do you "

You haven't seen my face yet. Or are you a paper bag sort.

J

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

J

I’d still do you

You haven't seen my face yet. Or are you a paper bag sort.

J"

Two. One for me, one for you. Can’t take any chances.

over a year ago

"How many get ghosted or cancelled on regularly. I'm going through a spell of it. Before this year I hadn't really experienced it. "

It's shite when it happens

I had a guy cancel on me as I was leaving my hotel room to meet him, he was honest at least and said he was meeting someone else...

Ironically he messaged an hour later to say she never turned up, and was I still available....

Absolutely not, I had a sure thing offer - by that time I was back in bed with a Chinese takeaway and the telly remote

I'm no one's second Best and I hope it was a lesson to him

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"How many get ghosted or cancelled on regularly. I'm going through a spell of it. Before this year I hadn't really experienced it.

It's shite when it happens

I had a guy cancel on me as I was leaving my hotel room to meet him, he was honest at least and said he was meeting someone else...

Ironically he messaged an hour later to say she never turned up, and was I still available....

Absolutely not, I had a sure thing offer - by that time I was back in bed with a Chinese takeaway and the telly remote

I'm no one's second Best and I hope it was a lesson to him "

Idiot. He should have been beating a path to your door

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman
over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

J"

That's always rough isn't it.

Send the pic.

Message opened.

Radio silence for half an hour.

Then they fuck off into the sunset.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

J

Send the pic.

Message opened.

Then they fuck off into the sunset. "

You learn to shrug that off

By *reacle.TartWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

J

Send the pic.

Message opened.

Then they fuck off into the sunset. "

Ooft.. Thats only happened to me once. They not onlu ghosted BUT blocked me too. I was mortified to say the least

over a year ago

"How many get ghosted or cancelled on regularly. I'm going through a spell of it. Before this year I hadn't really experienced it. "

A guy had earlier commented on such things that he was the same , he was dealing with Timewasters and Ghosters.and his thread was removed.

over a year ago

"Can't say I actually have dates from off fab so none. As it stands I've never been ghosted ot cancelled on...but then I'm fucking amazing

I'll ghost you harder than a Scooby Doo episode "

Don't bring Scrappy along with as he is a cunt that ruined it

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"Can't say I actually have dates from off fab so none. As it stands I've never been ghosted ot cancelled on...but then I'm fucking amazing

I'll ghost you harder than a Scooby Doo episode

Don't bring Scrappy along with as he is a cunt that ruined it "

I'm bringing Scrappy and leaving him with you - had enough of the yappy bugger

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

some women from here id be very nervous about meeting.

id send people ahead of me to make sure i was going to be safe

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

"the one thing guaranteed.

confusion reigns supreme"

Lot's of fake people around that's life. Lol

over a year ago

confusion reigns supreme Lot's of fake people around that's life. Lol "

Nope, I'm 100% certain that all my work colleagues exist

By *ewcastlekittycatWoman
over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

It’s happened a lot recently. I’ve now stopped any meets due to the time and effort wasted.

I meet in a local club, if they don’t turn up it’s no big loss now.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

confusion reigns supreme Lot's of fake people around that's life. Lol

Nope, I'm 100% certain that all my work colleagues exist "

Oh think i got confused . Com blonde moments do happen. Haha

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

Ghosted a lot. It’s really quite common. Try not to worry about it x

over a year ago

Nope, I'm 100% certain that all my work colleagues exist Oh think i got confused . Com blonde moments do happen. Haha "

Wrong thread for memory issues

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Nope, I'm 100% certain that all my work colleagues exist Oh think i got confused . Com blonde moments do happen. Haha

Wrong thread for memory issues "

That would be your thread golden oldies. Haha Still lots of fakes around in regards to this thread

By *ab FunstersCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We once had someone cancel on us half an hour before we were due to meet. He knew we had booked a hotel for us and travelled an hour or so..upside was we were near to Chams Darlaston and ended up having a great night there.

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

i would like to think most do not intend to ghost but just get overcome with nerves.

of course the answer is to contact in advance and say so which is no consolation if youve been looking forward to it

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"We once had someone cancel on us half an hour before we were due to meet. He knew we had booked a hotel for us and travelled an hour or so..upside was we were near to Chams Darlaston and ended up having a great night there."

There's a lot of fantasists out in the wild

over a year ago

"We once had someone cancel on us half an hour before we were due to meet. He knew we had booked a hotel for us and travelled an hour or so..upside was we were near to Chams Darlaston and ended up having a great night there."

That really sucks!

By *ab FunstersCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"We once had someone cancel on us half an hour before we were due to meet. He knew we had booked a hotel for us and travelled an hour or so..upside was we were near to Chams Darlaston and ended up having a great night there.

That really sucks!"

We had chatted for ages before agreeing to meet..his loss. It's part of the reason we prefer to meet at Chams then the evening is never wasted.

over a year ago

Nope, I'm 100% certain that all my work colleagues exist Oh think i got confused . Com blonde moments do happen. Haha

Wrong thread for memory issues That would be your thread golden oldies. Haha Still lots of fakes around in regards to this thread "

Who you calling oldie!

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

In this day and age

Where manner and respect

Are no longer everyday things

I'm sure we all experienced

This

over a year ago

I get ghosted so often that yesterday after being left on unread for 24 hours I assumed todays date had ghosted and I made other plans. Ensuring a rather awkward conversation when he finally answered and assumed we were still meeting.

I had a fabulous evening drinking bubbles with a friend but it could have been more fun. I think I’m quite jaded by fab now.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've never experienced a no show in 6 years or been one and I've never been ghosted so I don't agree with anyone saying that it happens to all of us as it's pretty obvious from many other threads that I'm not unique.

over a year ago

"I get ghosted so often that yesterday after being left on unread for 24 hours I assumed todays date had ghosted and I made other plans. Ensuring a rather awkward conversation when he finally answered and assumed we were still meeting.

I had a fabulous evening drinking bubbles with a friend but it could have been more fun. I think I’m quite jaded by fab now."

You getting ghosted, are the men of fab fucking crazy nuts or what

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I get ghosted so often that yesterday after being left on unread for 24 hours I assumed todays date had ghosted and I made other plans. Ensuring a rather awkward conversation when he finally answered and assumed we were still meeting.

I had a fabulous evening drinking bubbles with a friend but it could have been more fun. I think I’m quite jaded by fab now."

What a moron! (Him, not you )

If I wasn’t dying on my sofa I’d offer to buy you a capri sun and a cherry bakewell

over a year ago

I had been speaking to someone about a month and we were going to meet then couldnt make it

Then she said possible after this Thuraday gone and noticed she met someone else.

So it was not solid but doeant feel great all the same

Think I maybe to sensitive to rejection for this world.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/04/23 22:42:32]

over a year ago

I had a fabulous evening drinking bubbles with a friend but it could have been more fun. I think I’m quite jaded by fab now.

If I wasn’t dying on my sofa I’d offer to buy you a capri sun and a cherry bakewell "

I bloody love Capri Sun

over a year ago

You getting ghosted, are the men of fab fucking crazy nuts or what "

It’s like it on dating sites, I think people forgot how to be decent humans during the pandemic.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

If I wasn’t dying on my sofa I’d offer to buy you a capri sun and a cherry bakewell

I bloody love Capri Sun "

Phew! I do get slightly more sophisticated but Panda Pops are my limit. I’m all about the class.

over a year ago

You getting ghosted, are the men of fab fucking crazy nuts or what

It’s like it on dating sites, I think people forgot how to be decent humans during the pandemic."

Not all some still have respect integrity and dignity....there still fucking mad in my opinion

By *eardedwonder999Man
over a year ago

Worcester

Sort of seems the normal now it used to bother me but now i couldn't care less I guess that's the brutality of dating sites

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Ghosted after arranging a meet, ghosted after a meet, ghosted and they see they met someone else, cancelled on and cancelled on and see they met someone else, think I fill the bingo card on them when I was single. Used to sting but then it just became water off a ducks back

T x

over a year ago

"Not regularly.

Far from it.

Never been ghosted.

I hope they realised that’s not how you treat people and won’t do it to any other women.

Oh it's fine, really. They're not a bad person. Far from it. I still think they're brilliant. They'd rather spend time with someone else and that's fair. I'm not the *best* of company. Not particularly sexy.

I think it hurt more because of how excitedly I'd spoken about wearing red lipstick and heels and needing it to stop me dwelling on health stuff.

Hey ho! I'm focusing on being better. More desirable company. Hopefully people will see I'm not too bad. "

I'm sorry you were made to feel like this- but however you dress it up, it is still fundamentally shitty behaviour from that other person who let you down. For what it's worth, I think your profile is great and you seem witty, down to earth and you look so sexy. If we were closer, I'd definitely love us to get to know each other better and perhaps meet for coffee and a chat...there are people out there who will worship the ground you walk on, and they will be worth waiting for

Mrs

over a year ago

Shit happens. Shitty people happen! Dodged a bullet is my perspective. No second chances.

I rarely meet because my sensitive constitution cant take rejection.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/04/23 23:21:45]

over a year ago

Recently got ghosted myself... messaging went fine, even arranged a social, which she then re-scheduled... Then nothing....

I guess she'd went back to Specsavers, and got her glasses corrected....

Post new Message to Thread