Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The other side

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Right fabbers odd question but have you had experience of mediums and those that have passed, my reason for asking i recently had an experience where a person I hardly know came with so many accurate specific things about a friend I lost over twenty years ago, it’s was accurate and disarmingly so, anyone else had the same

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No I haven't.

Out of interest I attended several meetings where mediums were giving readings and saw nothing to make me believe *they* were genuine.

However. Since my mum died I have felt her presence on a number of occasions and have had other experiences that I can't explain. I don't claim that this proves the existence of an after life though.

Did this person say why they were telling you these things?

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

I have both had similar experiences and been contacted directly by people who have passed away. You can think all sorts about these things to justify their actual occurrence as being some kind of coincidence or you can take peace from it and believe it’s a message from your lost friend.

No one can take it away from you, whichever way you decide to take it.

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

My mother and the ex swore they were legit and I never bought it so decided to see for myself next time my mother had one round, being honest the majority of the things he said (all revolving around my dad) could have been guessed but would have to be the luckiest guesser ever, a few things though he couldn’t possibly have guessed he described exactly what I said to my dad just after he died and noted how I had kissed him and knew that was very unusual for us (last time kissed or hugged prior to his death was when I was 4 or 5 he put me to bed on Christmas Eve and cuddled me and a said “gis a kiss since it’s Christmas” haha ) and told me my dad was ok with that and even passed on some advice regarding work (my dad taught me my trade and how to earn a living for self)

What was strange was that before that was having a shit time with work and was considering saying fuck it and packing In and getting a job as was really sick of it all but after seeing the spook everything started going great work wise

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Yes i have.

My friend paid for me to see a medium (who was quite famous locally),for my 40th.

My mum,dad and sister have all passed and she knew lots of things she couldn't really have known.

Things about my dad and sisters illnesses.

I do believe she was genuine & that some people do

have a gift.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I'm interested in this. My mate ribbed me for wanting to see a fortune teller, so I backed out

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

They make money from people hurt or with guilt looking for answers, sad really. Lol s of stiff online about do they do it and the other scams they do.

They should be stripped of their ‘entertainment’ licences in my opinion, that’s what they are legally, entertainment.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm interested in this. My mate ribbed me for wanting to see a fortune teller, so I backed out "

People do that.

The problem is that the vast majority of these people are either frauds or deluded.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I'm interested in this. My mate ribbed me for wanting to see a fortune teller, so I backed out

People do that.

The problem is that the vast majority of these people are either frauds or deluded. "

There are techniques too , same as magicians tricks and fairly easy, just takes lots of practice to look real and of course they avoid people who aren’t vulnerable who can see through them

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I remember reading about a vertically challenged psychic who was serving a custodial sentence but who managed to escape because the headline read :

'Small Medium at Large'

over a year ago

"Right fabbers odd question but have you had experience of mediums and those that have passed, my reason for asking i recently had an experience where a person I hardly know came with so many accurate specific things about a friend I lost over twenty years ago, it’s was accurate and disarmingly so, anyone else had the same "

If you believe it then it shouldn't matter what other people think

I believe if the afterlife is real and the dead want to connect they will find a way, whether it is through a medium or not

I was on the fence until I went to see my Mum one morning, not her usual self, so I asked if she was OK.

She said to me that she thought that this was the last time we would have our tea together as my Dad and Stepdad had visited her in the night and told her that everything was ready, everyone was waiting. 7 days"

Of course I just laughed and told her not to be daft, but she was shaken by something

Dad died 28 years ago, my Stepdad 20 years.

That Friday Mum was in hospital, Monday they turned her ventilator off....respiratory failure

I couldn't stop thinking about the conversation we had the last time I saw her, but was comforting to know that of there was a place beyond earth then she would be with people who loved her

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"They make money from people hurt or with guilt looking for answers, sad really. Lol s of stiff online about do they do it and the other scams they do.

They should be stripped of their ‘entertainment’ licences in my opinion, that’s what they are legally, entertainment."

It is pretty much this, unfortunately.

They are excellent con artists, they know just what to say and play around the response you give. It really is no different than a really skilled con artist sweet talking you based on what info they can get from you. Be it verbal or visual, but you essentially tell them the things to say to trick you with even if you don't realise you have.

over a year ago

I went to see a "show" with Psychic Sally and it was just that ..a show. It was all very staged. I later learned that people buying tickets are looked up on Facebk ect.

However I visited a physchic medium at local fair and he told me accurate things that he could not possibly have looked up.

I believe some people are real mediums, if you want a reading I would recommend you go somewhere where you can just walk in off the street. Thus removing the risk the medium has simply researched you online.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Yes

And had me in tears to be so accurate and didn't ask me a single question

over a year ago

Yes I have, I sadly lost 2 sisters and a brother 13 years ago, a sister and my brother came through, so actuate what was said, I miss them so much

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It’s hit me hard as it was a close friend who had been in a RTA twenty one years ago, I didn’t pay for it, it was just a conversation with someone who attends spiritualist churches and the like, I’ve always sat on the fence but the stuff I got was too accurate, too specific to be anyone else or just some random, I’ve spoken to my family about it and what was said and even they said how could anyone else know, it’s heartening to know how he is if that makes sense and he’s keeping an eye on me

Post new Message to Thread