Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fun outdoors danger

Jump to newest

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

A lot of us enjoy sex outdoors. Ticks are a growing menace, with some carrying a disease that can cause Encephalitis. Tick borne Encephalitis may arise some time after the small arachnids burrow into your skin. The larvae are about the size of a poppy seed, so hard to see. Obviously they need to be removed, which can be difficult due to their size and where they have attached themselves onto you, to feed.

This infection is new to this UK, being common in many parts of Europe for yearsm

Longer grass, scrub etc is a common haunt for ticks, so where you are can increase your risk levels. Lyme disease is another issue. Only 1 confirmed case of TBE, though it's obviously around us. How you dress can help to prevent them attaching to you. Long trousers, tucked into socks are an option, though rather less flattering for me than my miniskirts and stockings

If you like action outside, will you inform yourself about ticks etc?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’m aware of ticks and they’re worrisome ways because I do a lot of walking with my kids and dogs and knew about Lyme disease etc so this extra concern did make me a bit.

They recommend long sleeves and trousers to keep skin covered, and I suppose the wisest move is to stick to maintained pathways where the grass is shorter, rather than lolloping through long wild grass and to check yourselves (and dogs) when come in from a walk.

By *avid 50Man
over a year ago

kendal

I live in the Lake District and have sheep, ticks are a problem on Bracken covered hillsides, not often found on grassy banks, but I would always recommend putting down a rug , The sheep may have pee’d there before you arrived

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I’m aware of ticks and they’re worrisome ways because I do a lot of walking with my kids and dogs and knew about Lyme disease etc so this extra concern did make me a bit.

They recommend long sleeves and trousers to keep skin covered, and I suppose the wisest move is to stick to maintained pathways where the grass is shorter, rather than lolloping through long wild grass and to check yourselves (and dogs) when come in from a walk.

"

Great advice! Covering ourselves up so much during good weather goes against our instincts and desires but it's potentially very wise to keep some clothes with us to put on, should we get out there.

Definitely worth a full body check, as well as dogs we may be walking, as quickly as possible.

This disease does have a vaccine to prevent against it . We'd usually get it before travelling overseas to places where it's endemic.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I’m aware of ticks and they’re worrisome ways because I do a lot of walking with my kids and dogs and knew about Lyme disease etc so this extra concern did make me a bit.

"

Love the word lolloping

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I tick spray our outdoor play blanket after every use and give it a good airing before washing

Generally though I've always got wellies and a knee length skirt on and never walk through the bracken when it's green

Post new Message to Thread