Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fat Fishermen to be Banned

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Crazy new rules will be brought in to prevent fishermen on small boats having a BMI of more than 35. It will effectively ban fat fishermen from small boats. This flies n the face of evidence that a fat man falling in cold seas actually lives longer. This will have its roots in Europe no doubt. It's all over the news

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

If he falls out the boat will he be called Bob

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

"Crazy new rules will be brought in to prevent fishermen on small boats having a BMI of more than 35. It will effectively ban fat fishermen from small boats. This flies n the face of evidence that a fat man falling in cold seas actually lives longer. This will have its roots in Europe no doubt. It's all over the news "
maybe you haven't heard Tom but the average diet in europe aint pies and roasts drowning in Gravy washed down with pints of stella and or other piss,, id say the larger fishermen dock their boats on these shores, so maybe its not coming from that far away at all.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just when I was going to take up fishing. Ffs.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Maybe the port is the best plaice for them?

By *mma29Couple
over a year ago

wirral

They will have to cast their nets out far and wide to find new fishermen.

over a year ago

"Crazy new rules will be brought in to prevent fishermen on small boats having a BMI of more than 35. It will effectively ban fat fishermen from small boats. This flies n the face of evidence that a fat man falling in cold seas actually lives longer. This will have its roots in Europe no doubt. It's all over the news "

I thought this was a late April’s fool. But just read it. Can’t wait to see how they police this and what the punishment will be.

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

This will be unenforceable. Fisheries hands are so tied with red tape and so on actual enforcement would be impossible. Ex partner worked for inshore fisheries and did patrolling etc. Very few fishermen breaching laws got prosecuted and that was for illegal landings so I can't see that someone with a bigger BMI would be given the time of day by them, as another underfunded gov body they have bigger fish to fry (so to speak)....

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

A BMI of 35 is quite high. Are there many fishermen with a BMI of that or above?

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"A BMI of 35 is quite high. Are there many fishermen with a BMI of that or above?"

Some of the guys on the boats down here probably... although they're 90% muscle and fit as hell...

(I may need a lie down after thinking about that )

Given that BMI is effectively a load of rubbish for actually telling how healthy someone is i can't see this actually being a thing.

over a year ago

When Arni was mr. Universe his BMI was just over 30. But I don’t think he went fishing…..

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"This will have its roots in Europe no doubt. It's all over the news "

If it did Tom.....how could it affect UK fishermen now that we have our SOveReivnTY back?

A

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Now this fatty wants to go fishing

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

"Crazy new rules will be brought in to prevent fishermen on small boats having a BMI of more than 35. It will effectively ban fat fishermen from small boats. This flies n the face of evidence that a fat man falling in cold seas actually lives longer. This will have its roots in Europe no doubt. It's all over the news maybe you haven't heard Tom but the average diet in europe aint pies and roasts drowning in Gravy washed down with pints of stella and or other piss,, id say the larger fishermen dock their boats on these shores, so maybe its not coming from that far away at all. "

Subjective tosh!

By *ershingMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Err, did anyone catch the date this news item broke??

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Cant see how they would enforce this haha

Bmi is a load of shit I vividly recall being told to “keep an eye on my weight” as bmi 30.2 by a dumpy little toad shaped doctor sitting there with his pot belly nearly bursting his shart buttons, aye right get fucked

By *laytime78Man
over a year ago

Oldham

Then I'm gonna need a bigger boat!

By *abuma65Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Old grandfather fat 'uns' will be fine they use Grandfather rights I thought under Amendment 2 MIN575? Devil in the detail

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"If he falls out the boat will he be called Bob "

You fucker! I came to do that gag and you’ve $tolen my thunder!

I hope your Easter eggs are mouldy when you open them

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

"If he falls out the boat will he be called Bob "

No, Duncan

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Cod almighty! What’s next eh. What’s next….

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

"This will have its roots in Europe no doubt. It's all over the news

If it did Tom.....how could it affect UK fishermen now that we have our SOveReivnTY back?

A"

It actually comes from the International Labour Organisation which is part of the UN and we signed up to it as a result of leaving the EU so the root of it is from not being in Europe an effect of Brexit

over a year ago

If the fat fisherman fall overboard, someone has to fish them out...This could prove tricky if all the other fishermen are skinny ..

over a year ago

"If the fat fisherman fall overboard, someone has to fish them out...This could prove tricky if all the other fishermen are skinny .."

Nah it would be easy they would just use their large nets and then tell everyone they caught a whopper

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

It actually comes from the International Labour Organisation which is part of the UN and we signed up to it as a result of leaving the EU so the root of it is from not being in Europe an effect of Brexit "

Ah. Another brexit fuck up then. Have we got our waters back yet?

A

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

That will change when everyone changes to the waist to hip ratio measurement, you can be heavy and skinny due to muscle content weighing more than fat, so bmi is completely pointless

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

"Crazy new rules will be brought in to prevent fishermen on small boats having a BMI of more than 35. It will effectively ban fat fishermen from small boats. This flies n the face of evidence that a fat man falling in cold seas actually lives longer. This will have its roots in Europe no doubt. It's all over the news maybe you haven't heard Tom but the average diet in europe aint pies and roasts drowning in Gravy washed down with pints of stella and or other piss,, id say the larger fishermen dock their boats on these shores, so maybe its not coming from that far away at all.

Subjective tosh!"

exactly,(that was my angle) but no more so that the original comment, it has nothing to do with the EU and if it did ye guys wouldn't be enforcing it as ye now own your own waters,, i think , so yes total Tosh.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"If he falls out the boat will he be called Bob

You fucker! I came to do that gag and you’ve $tolen my thunder!

I hope your Easter eggs are mouldy when you open them "

over a year ago

I blame Captain Pugwash, the fat cunt

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Read the thread title.

Knew it was Tom

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

It's probably an insurance thing.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

How the hell can you ban somebody from doing what they do for a living based on BMI how ridiculous

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Read the thread title.

Knew it was Tom "

over a year ago

They're going to need a bigger boat!

By *escourtesMan
over a year ago

hereford

But they would float like bouys...

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

A

It actually comes from the International Labour Organisation which is part of the UN and we signed up to it as a result of leaving the EU so the root of it is from not being in Europe an effect of Brexit "

Brexit the gift that keeps giving

Poetic justice given how overwhelmingly the fishing industry supported

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

They will ban fat policemen next..

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

Have you sucked a Fisherman's friend before?

over a year ago

"They will ban fat policemen next.."

You have to pass a bleep test to join the police. Trust me, as a former fat kid doing PE, it is not easy.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"They will ban fat policemen next.."

It’s for their own good, we all know the fat old policeman laughed until he cried.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"Have you sucked a Fisherman's friend before?"

No, but i have fondled Annette

By *amesBeelzebubMan
over a year ago

norwich

But what shape would he be?

Is he 'angler? No he's very round

Post new Message to Thread