Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Liberating…

Jump to newest

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Good folks, what is the single most liberating thing you have ever done or experienced?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Good folks, what is the single most liberating thing you have ever done or experienced? "

Getring clean from Heroin, and working the 12 steps.. and freedom feom the longest sentence my own head

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Good folks, what is the single most liberating thing you have ever done or experienced?

Getring clean from Heroin, and working the 12 steps.. and freedom feom the longest sentence my own head "

Good on you

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I burnt my bra....... Freedom

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

"Good folks, what is the single most liberating thing you have ever done or experienced?

Getring clean from Heroin, and working the 12 steps.. and freedom feom the longest sentence my own head "

Hats off to you.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Quit a job I hated to become a surf bum.

The elation I felt walking out of that building the last time lol I literally lept and punched the air.

By *cottish guy 555Man
over a year ago

London

This should fill you with pride every day. Well done Sir

over a year ago

Outstanding. I managed to get sober now in a similar fashion, best thing ever

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Getting away from a toxic relationship in 96 jealous, possessive, greedy and lazy.

Then found swinging and that was the most liberating thing ever

By *cottish guy 555Man
over a year ago

London

"Quit a job I hated to become a surf bum.

The elation I felt walking out of that building the last time lol I literally lept and punched the air. "

Must have felt excellent. Very Breakfast Club

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

University

over a year ago

Walking out of a job I loved but that almost killed me mentally! The relief I felt not having my phone pinging every 5 minutes 7 days a week is something I’ll never forget

Mrs

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Well done

J

over a year ago

"Walking out of a job I loved but that almost killed me mentally! The relief I felt not having my phone pinging every 5 minutes 7 days a week is something I’ll never forget

Mrs "

I recently moved jobs due to the deliberate stress created and caused by the leadership. Still busy in my new job but more head space and ability to relax. Interesting that the leadership which caused all my problems have been moved on now…..

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Getting into ballet school when I was a kid - in-fact any form of performing it was all I ever wanted to do x

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

Lots of things actually. But one that come to mind was a bf i met at my first uni. Only knew him for 3 weeks but we decided to leave and go and live by the sea on a complete whim. We had to leave most of our stuff and only take what we could carry. We left and put a note on our respective bedroom doors saying "we're off to live by the sea".

Ended up in Devon, no where to live, no plan. But it was great, really exciting. Absolutely no regrets.

By *weetiepie99Woman
over a year ago

cardiff

Finding out, by seeing with my own eyes that my husband was cheating, when i'd convinced myself (and so had he), that he wasn't. Liberating in the sense that i knew i wasn't going mad!!

over a year ago

Finally getting diagnosed

With ptsd after years of struggling

Thought it was all me and in my head

By *ld StrumpetWoman
over a year ago

Telford

Learning to love myself from the inside out. I can look in the mirror and love my body at whatever age or size and no longer give a fig what others think of me or my shape. Immense freedom

over a year ago

Cutting off a narcissist family member

over a year ago

Divorce

over a year ago

Driving round Europe in 2016.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Waking up and realising that changing nothing is perpetuating the cycle. And is acceptance of abuse.

And then changing everything.

over a year ago

Learning to let go of those that don't give a shit.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

First time I travelled alone - a week in New York to spend however I chose.

I realised I never needed to rely on the whim of another person again; I could go anywhere I wanted and do anything I wanted, see anything I wanted.

I was 23 and it was the start of me seizing control of my own life, eventually getting out of the abusive relationship I was in, cutting ties with toxic people and situations, walking away from jobs that didn't work for me, putting myself through courses that would help me get to where I wanted to go. All started with that week in New York on my own.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

So far, retiring aged 57.

over a year ago

Getting divorced.

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

Quit my cushy job in IT moved to NYC a week later became a carpenter and lived the dream for a few years,

over a year ago

"Quit my cushy job in IT moved to NYC a week later became a carpenter and lived the dream for a few years, "

That sounds amazing.

over a year ago

Leaving the army aged 23 having done everything I'd set out to do when I joined and then building a life I'm proud of (so far)

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

"Quit my cushy job in IT moved to NYC a week later became a carpenter and lived the dream for a few years, .

That sounds amazing."

turned out well but i did have my (shite myself moments) cant lie about that.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

I can't really think of a moment when I felt truly liberated.

over a year ago

"Quit my cushy job in IT moved to NYC a week later became a carpenter and lived the dream for a few years, .

That sounds amazing. turned out well but i did have my (shite myself moments) cant lie about that. "

I bet you did it's not easy to just

pack up your life and do something totally different. Fair play to you though

By *cunnylassCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

Becoming self-employed.

Mike

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Going onto a nudist beach and walking into the sea to swim naked. Best feeling in the world and very liberating.

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

That sounds amazing. turned out well but i did have my (shite myself moments) cant lie about that.

pack up your life and do something totally different. Fair play to you though "

made easier when the destination has a huge GAA scene, when you Ball doors open easier ,

By *amantha TSWoman
over a year ago

Swindon

Walking out of a toxic job on a Monday then walking out of a toxic marriage the same week. I can honestly say doing that saved my life.

After that, coming out was easy!

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

That sounds amazing. turned out well but i did have my (shite myself moments) cant lie about that.

pack up your life and do something totally different. Fair play to you though "

It can be, depends on your outlook and other responsibilities. I've upped and left a few times. Last time I got offered a job in Kenya. Put my stuff in storage and off I went, the company sorted visas, housing etc. So other than hand in my notice at work and pack I didn't have anything else to do.

Now I have a baby and a mortgage it's a bit different but something I'm giving consideration to in the next couple of years.

Post new Message to Thread