Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Life's transitions...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Some of you may recognize me from before, if you do, hi there. Seems I'm back again but that isn't what this post is about.

Currently I'm going through an extremely precarious point in my life, I'll spare you all the details, but I want to say that with what I'm going through, it's taught me to be more introspective, to be more humble, I've learned some harsh lessons in the last several months. I've had some real highs, and some deep lows. I've learned to appreciate what I have more than I did before, I've learned the value of my time, to remember the effort and hard work it took to be independent and not to let that progress go to waste. The last few months of my life have been a real sobering experience, and I've had to show true vulnerability in the darkest of times despite how much it hurt to open up.

With that being said, I just want to tell you, always make the most of your life and always try to be a better person, for yourself, your close friends and family, or even to/for your partner, it's important that we have people in our lives we can count on when we need them most, and that you can be as supportive as you can for those in need.

We never know what curve balls life will throw at us, or who's throwing them, and our lives can be shaken to the core, turned upside down or whatever hardship we may face. That is why it's so important that we do our best to be good people, and make the most of our lives. Learn something new, meet new people, see places you've always wanted to see and do things you've always wanted to do. You never know what life has in store for you around the corner.

My future is pretty uncertain but I hope for the best possible outcome, in the meantime, I just have to live my life, push myself outside of my comfort zone, and try be a better person for myself and those close to me.

Also, if anyone is struggling with their mental health and wants someone to talk to, please feel free to drop me a message and I'm happy to listen, and give any advice I can if you want any

Thank you

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hope you’re okay? Better days are coming

over a year ago

Do not fear the wind. Only together can you fly your kite.

Hope you’re ok OP.

over a year ago

good luck with what you’ve found and want to discover.

over a year ago

I'm glad you're back

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

This post reminded me of one of my favourite quotes.

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one

Bruce Lee

Life throws some crazy shit at us.

I hope you come through whatever it is & I’m sure you’ll be much stronger, wiser and have more perspective than before

over a year ago

"Hope you’re okay? Better days are coming "

Thanks, I'm doing my best, it's all anyone can really do

over a year ago

"This post reminded me of one of my favourite quotes.

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one

Bruce Lee

Life throws some crazy shit at us.

I hope you come through whatever it is & I’m sure you’ll be much stronger, wiser and have more perspective than before "

Exactly, doing my best and growing as a person. What didn't kill me.. (almost) makes me stronger. Thank you

over a year ago

"I'm glad you're back "

I'm glad you noticed

over a year ago

I remember you. You seem to have a wise head on those shoulders and I am sure the level headed perceptions will stand you in good stead for whatever is to come.

I hope things turn out the way you wish them too....Small steps, moving forward, one step at a time

over a year ago

"I remember you. You seem to have a wise head on those shoulders and I am sure the level headed perceptions will stand you in good stead for whatever is to come.

I hope things turn out the way you wish them too....Small steps, moving forward, one step at a time "

Thank you, it's nice to be remembered and noticed

As wise as I can be I know I still have many lessons to learn throughout life. But I'm hoping what I have learned in recent months will give a me a better shot at life

I've made progress with seeking help and support where I need it, and you're right, one step at a time. But in the meanwhile I'm gonna be making more of an effort to live my life and push myself outside of my comfort zones

over a year ago

"I remember you. You seem to have a wise head on those shoulders and I am sure the level headed perceptions will stand you in good stead for whatever is to come.

I hope things turn out the way you wish them too....Small steps, moving forward, one step at a time

As wise as I can be I know I still have many lessons to learn throughout life. But I'm hoping what I have learned in recent months will give a me a better shot at life

I've made progress with seeking help and support where I need it, and you're right, one step at a time. But in the meanwhile I'm gonna be making more of an effort to live my life and push myself outside of my comfort zones"

I love that, onwards, moving forwards. Never look back. Life is constant learning and I don't think we ever stop learning, it's how we grow...

Much luck and love to you, please keep us posted of your journey

over a year ago

I've made progress with seeking help and support where I need it, and you're right, one step at a time. But in the meanwhile I'm gonna be making more of an effort to live my life and push myself outside of my comfort zones

I love that, onwards, moving forwards. Never look back. Life is constant learning and I don't think we ever stop learning, it's how we grow...

Much luck and love to you, please keep us posted of your journey

"

Thank you I really appreciate your sentiments

Post new Message to Thread