Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Making sense...

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

Of the senses.

Not just during sex (but please feel free to discuss that because I'm a curious soul), but day to day. What sense or two would you say you most enjoy? Why is that?

Do you actively seek to pleasure that sense?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I both enjoy and detest smells. Make sense with my hooter.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Of the senses.

Not just during sex (but please feel free to discuss that because I'm a curious soul), but day to day. What sense or two would you say you most enjoy? Why is that?

Do you actively seek to pleasure that sense? "

Smell/taste however they do have their draw backs especially when working with the public, I digress, walking towards a bakery where they're making fresh bread or into a restaurant and you can smell your favourite food/ingredients being used and then tasting said food and having that moment of blissful enjoyment savouring every second.

By *urassicMan
over a year ago

Stafford

i would have to say 3, sight touch and smell

over a year ago

This is interesting isn't it because the obvious things of seeing,hearing and tasting mean so much.

However you can wear glasses to improve sight, you can use aids to enhance hearing and during sex sometimes it's exciting to actually remove those things to heighten others.

So for me it's touch..

I'm very tactile, I need closeness. I love even the slightest brush of a finger or hand against me right through to one of those embraces where you feel almost protected.

And what would a kiss be without touch?

over a year ago

I enjoy my sight, but I like touch as well. Mostly anyway.

Sense of smell and hearing, particularly with my job is not always beneficial.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Of the senses.

Aural - music and words. I'm counting written words as they become heard in your head as you read them.

Close second is touch - I will seek tactile pleasure and equally detest things that feel wrong such as an aggravating label in clothes, socks with the seam in the wrong place.

J

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

[Removed by poster at 05/04/23 10:04:49]

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

Equilibrium... I had an ear infection years ago and really impacted this. I couldn't do anything. Was awful, my balance is terrible at the best of times!

Anything thermo. Miserable when cold.

So balance and heat for me are really important senses.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Sight. I like to enjoy the beauty of things around me, and it's especially exciting when I see beauty in an unexpected place...the flower in an industrial estate, or a cute dog popping it's head over the seat on a bus. Sight also tells you a lot, people give you more information with their body than they do with their words. The easiest way for me to gauge the mood of a room is to watch and read it.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Touch is my most important, different textiles are one I gravitate to, just need to make sure my hands are clean

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Sight for sure! Especially this time of year to see new life all around in all is glorious beauty! X

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Standing still and listening.

Doing nothing just listening

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I both enjoy and detest smells. Make sense with my hooter. "

Are you quite a well endowed hooter sort of man?

Are there any smells you particularly detest? Asking for a friend.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Despite living with perennially congested sinuses, my olfactory senses are acute.

I rely on my sense of smell - it evokes not only memories or heightened sensations but also manifests within my anxieties. For example: whenever I open up my laptop first thing in the morning, that familiar smell associated with electronics, the metallic/copper'y smell reminding me that I really don't want to be doing this.

Clear as mud really. Sorry.

over a year ago

Oh, gosh, they all have their pros and cons. Sight is great and it leaves images imprinted on your mind that you can revisit - but some things you'd prefer to unsee.

I think smell would be the one I would least miss if I lost it (though there are some wonderful smells, such as the first rain falling on dry soil, and they bring back fond memories)

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Oh, this is such a difficult question. Meli, you scamp.

Our senses are so key to our happiness. All of them. But smell is the one that surprises.

I consciously use my eyes and ears. All the time. And taste is deliberately used - I eat and drink, I put things on my tongue to savour. But scent catches me unawares. It punches through without being bidden. So I think it gives me an outsized amount of pleasure.

Opening the door and smelling the rain. Pulling a lover close and catching her perfume. Smell enhances things, without me asking it to. And because it’s unexpected, and maybe inessential, it can be a joy.

Sexually, though … touch has to lead. Close my eyes. Blindfold me. Play music to cover our moans. But leave me with touch and I can still enjoy you. Feel your breath on my skin. It takes over.

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

Hopefully you will allow me the leeway here…

Imagination/memory for me every time.

I can then taste, see & feel what it is I’m thinking of. I do have a very powerful imagination.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would say my sight. You can see so many beautiful things

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I love all my senses, but the one I consciously enjoy most and put most effort into enjoying is touch.

I try to surround myself with gorgeous textures: beautiful underwear against my skin, rugs on my floor that feel like velvet under bare feet, luxurious bedding to sleep in, softest towels I can find in my bathroom, furry throws to wrap round me and run my fingers through on chilly days - if it's touching my skin I will go out of my way to make that touch pleasurable.

I love to make pasta because I love the feel of the smooth, stretchy dough in my hands, the slightly floured sheets of pasta moving across the back of my hand as I roll it into increasingly thin layers. It's not about the taste or the look, it's all about the texture and the pleasure of touching and handling it.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

This is kinda interesting to me. Being into a little bit into kinky fuckery means sometimes one of the senses is taken away. And it just heightens the others in particular touch. And touch is always there with you, so I guess it's the most important sexually.

In day to day life I can't really pick one, it's strange to think of life minus one of them

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Of the senses.

Do you actively seek to pleasure that sense?

Smell/taste however they do have their draw backs especially when working with the public, I digress, walking towards a bakery where they're making fresh bread or into a restaurant and you can smell your favourite food/ingredients being used and then tasting said food and having that moment of blissful enjoyment savouring every second. "

Oh smell plays such an important role when it comes to the enjoyment of food - smells remind me of company enjoying delicious meals. Like the scent of lemons takes me back to drinking ice cold sparkling water in lemon groves with my ex, her eyes sparkling with happiness.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"This is interesting isn't it because the obvious things of seeing,hearing and tasting mean so much.

However you can wear glasses to improve sight, you can use aids to enhance hearing and during sex sometimes it's exciting to actually remove those things to heighten others.

So for me it's touch..

I'm very tactile, I need closeness. I love even the slightest brush of a finger or hand against me right through to one of those embraces where you feel almost protected.

And what would a kiss be without touch?

"

Yes, that tactile nature comes through in your posts - you're very much one for savouring those feelings under your fingertips, that intimacy to be found in touch. It's rather lovely.

over a year ago

Having an autistic brain that doesn't filter out unnecessary information means all my senses are very highly attuned. They can all bring me intense pleasure or extreme distress, but I think I get most joy from my sense of smell, especially this time of year, with the rise in temperature and new foliage emerging. It's like a new dimension of experience opens up and my heart swells with delight. I can detect the scent of wild garlic in the air days before anyone else in my household can, the smell of new nettles (that's my absolute favourite).

Sexually, the natural scent of a (clean) person's skin can send me mad with desire, or it can instantly kill off any pre-existing attraction if their pheromones aren't quite right.

Sound, too, can be equally pleasurable or distasteful. The Buffy episode where Anthony Head sings Behind Blue Eyes? The first time I heard that I was like Fran from Black Books listening to the shipping news...

Nell

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

I seek out visual stimulation....

By *oelDorianMan
over a year ago

vanaheim

For me it’s head scratches I love that sense as I have a very primal wolf side

By *lfacatMan
over a year ago

Cumbria

Sadly totally at the mercy of all five of them!

What’s a guy to do..?

over a year ago

"Of the senses.

I appreciate all of them

Post new Message to Thread