FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What's the worse meal you have ever had?

Jump to newest

By *he love cats OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

Where was the restaurant and what was the meal?

Have a great day all.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

Mine still haunts me, a series of worst meals. I spent some time living in a small island in the Indian ocean. The company's food budget was 1 euro a day. We could only buy rice and beans. Not bad in itself but this every day three times a day, no draining. Nothing. it also had rat poo in where they'd break into the bags. Awful. Still can't eat rice and beans today.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not a restaurant but I was away on a course and they forgot to arrange for catering, so after a last minute panic they found some people to cook for 25 people for a weekend.

Cook is perhaps stretching the definition...

On the Saturday it was lasagne, veg and a jacket potato.

The Lasagne, was tough like leather. We could stick the fork in lift it up whole and then watch it bend the fork as it returned to the plate, snapping the plate as it does so.

The Jacket was a rock. So encrusted it formed a protective shell, you had to stab the fork in to get a purchase, then cut it with a knife meant you watched it heat up and bend as you tried in vain to cut into it.

We sent out for chips once the cooks went home...

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

"Mine still haunts me, a series of worst meals. I spent some time living in a small island in the Indian ocean. The company's food budget was 1 euro a day. We could only buy rice and beans. Not bad in itself but this every day three times a day, no draining. Nothing. it also had rat poo in where they'd break into the bags. Awful. Still can't eat rice and beans today. "

No seasoning I meant... stupid autocorrect

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Had a chicken meal in a local place. Put knife into it...frozen just below skin!!! The place has long since closed which does not suprise me.

over a year ago

Anything my moms cooked

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Eating food at Grumpys house!

By *lex4660Man
over a year ago

Thame

Lodz, in Poland .. I was working at the studio & lunch consisted of a rubbery fried egg floating in what looked like greasy dishwater (it tasted like it too). Even the Polish crew refused to eat it so it obviously wasn't some local delicacy!

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I somehow ended up going for dinner with Chris Eubank as his then wife was my client. He was excruciatingly boring / self obsessed and encouraged by a gaggle of gurning sycophants that I had the misfortune to work with (half of whom were intermittently going to the bathroom to powder their nose).

The service was painfully slow to the point of almost walking out and the food all arrived at different times for different people with items stupidly late or just never turning up at all. And most of it turned up luke warm.

It was ‘Simply the Worst’…

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Liver and onions.

It's just horrible.

Mrs

By *cunnylassCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

Probably something at school.They used to serve up some awful stuff!

Mike

over a year ago

Last June in Normandy I ordered local sausage it was pigs stomach ,most foul thing just have ever tasted

over a year ago

At my house I made a garam masala curry

Clearly way too much Garamond masala powder

It was rank

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Not a full meal but I did have sea urchin on sushi and it was vile

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Tried snails in Mallorca once. Big nope

The actual restaurant was lovely and we just ordered something else instead (which was delicious).

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Cold toast. It’s a crime against humanity.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Cold toast. It’s a crime against humanity."

Oh RTG.

*sighs in disappointment*

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Nobody’s perfect, my dear Meli.

over a year ago

South Wales

"I somehow ended up going for dinner with Chris Eubank as his then wife was my client. He was excruciatingly boring / self obsessed and encouraged by a gaggle of gurning sycophants that I had the misfortune to work with (half of whom were intermittently going to the bathroom to powder their nose).

The service was painfully slow to the point of almost walking out and the food all arrived at different times for different people with items stupidly late or just never turning up at all. And most of it turned up luke warm.

It was ‘Simply the Worst’…"

See what you did there

over a year ago

The restaurant was my own flat, while making a curry I made a massive miscalculation with a spice that ended up absolutely overpowering the whole thing. I couldn't eat more than a couple of bites before it was too much for me.

over a year ago

South Wales

"The restaurant was my own flat, while making a curry I made a massive miscalculation with a spice that ended up absolutely overpowering the whole thing. I couldn't eat more than a couple of bites before it was too much for me."

And you look the part in your toque blanche too.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Dog, I thought it was cheap beef but later found out it was dog.

No, I wouldn't have eaten it if I'd known.

Post new Message to Thread