Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How often do you travel for a meet

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Vs a meet travelling to you?

I seem to find guys on here will invite to theirs and hardly ever even contemplate coming to you.

Why is that?

It irks me a bit.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *.T.Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm happy with either, however, I'm rarely asked.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We don’t invite anyone back to ours anymore so we usually travel to them or meet somewhere in the middle at a hotel. We don’t mind, whatever is easier for everyone.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I used to travel a lot, but I don't accommodate unless I know someone well, so it made sense.

The last few people I've met have travelled to me though... between 250 and 500 miles!

They must be a bit mental

over a year ago

"Vs a meet travelling to you?

I seem to find guys on here will invite to theirs and hardly ever even contemplate coming to you.

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

Hello. I have a car

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I would happily travel if anyone actually asked me to meet

over a year ago

So far we've had 1 meet come to us (on an old profile) and we've met half(ish) way recently

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

We book hotel's in the cities and make a weekend of it so we travel there and whoever we meet travels to us, so everyone travels unless they happen to live there.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I would happily travel if anyone actually asked me to meet "

Hi.

over a year ago

Been a while since I’ve been on a train. Why not live a little and fly to a sunny destination

over a year ago

"Been a while since I’ve been on a train. Why not live a little and fly to a sunny destination "

Have you seen the cost of a tram fair and the chances of it cancled or a strike!!!

Sod that, I’ll drive.

over a year ago

Glasgow

"I seem to find guys on here will invite to theirs and hardly ever even contemplate coming to you.

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

I’ve felt that before - that I’m always the one doing all the travelling. Maybe it’s all in the eye of the beholder and it’s not a gender thing after all? Maybe we all end up feeling a little bit put upon sometimes?

I’m not complaining. I love to travel. To take a wee road trip or jump on a plane. And I’m lucky (lucky, lucky, lucky) that I find people who want to meet.

But recently one amazing woman has made the trip to meet me. And is offering to do so again. And while it shouldn’t matter, at all, I was actually quite touched. It felt good.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I would happily travel if anyone actually asked me to meet

Hi. "

Hi

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Well no one is coming to my house so all of my meets involve some traveling

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

It's you. If someone is worth meeting do it

Even if it means in the middle somewhere

over a year ago

I love travelling to a meet. For me it adds to the fun to catch a train somewhere and have a nice meet

over a year ago

Well, usually for social meets we both travel. Then except for three lovers, where I have travelled to them (30, 80 and 110 miles), because I accommodate, they tend to come to me (though there have been three hotel meets)

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I can hop onto a tram…

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’m usually the one doing the travelling. I do enjoy a good road trip though

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I almost always travel to a meet - had my first meet at my place ever this week (managed to break the bed ).

I just prefer to travel.

By *ifeforelivingMan
over a year ago

teesside

I'd rather travel to a meet as I care for an elderly relative so difficult at home

over a year ago

I don't mind traveling.

I would feel bad if someone travelled far to see me incase I'm not what they expect!

I once went to London on a whim though

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I can hop onto a tram… "

Oh don't tease a girl

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I don't mind traveling.

I would feel bad if someone travelled far to see me incase I'm not what they expect!

I once went to London on a whim though "

Manchester isn’t that far…

over a year ago

"I don't mind traveling.

I heard Manchester is easy to travel to

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I can hop onto a tram…

Oh don't tease a girl "

Teasing is something that I’d rather do in person

over a year ago

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

I would quite happily travel if it was easier for the other person

over a year ago

I used to but haven't for a long time.

over a year ago

Whenever I get asked…..

over a year ago

"I don't mind traveling.

That was brave. I have to make sure that I have my passport if I go south of the river. Whilst last time I went north of the border I had to get medicines to protect me from dengy, malaria, Japanese B encephalitis cos you can never get enough protection from those midges (not midgets).

over a year ago

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

Will.always, travel, sadly no longer accommodate due to family illness, and living arrangements but always used to accommodate before and will do in the future

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

I wouldn't travel far and wouldn't expect anyone else to either ...

Tho I did meet a lady for a camping weekend on Dartmoor , she travelled from Swindon and me from West Cornwall..we had chatted for a long time ....

over a year ago

I would travel for a regular person I’ve met before yes. Never for a first meet.

I’ve had people travel to meet me from a few hours away but regularly get people offering to come from the other end of the country? Which is a huge compliment of course but I don’t entertain as I’m not here for one off meets and too busy to sustain that long term

over a year ago

"I seem to find guys on here will invite to theirs and hardly ever even contemplate coming to you.

Why is that?

It irks me a bit.

I’ve felt that before - that I’m always the one doing all the travelling. Maybe it’s all in the eye of the beholder and it’s not a gender thing after all? Maybe we all end up feeling a little bit put upon sometimes?

I’m not complaining. I love to travel. To take a wee road trip or jump on a plane. And I’m lucky (lucky, lucky, lucky) that I find people who want to meet.

But recently one amazing woman has made the trip to meet me. And is offering to do so again. And while it shouldn’t matter, at all, I was actually quite touched. It felt good."

Maybe not a gender thing. Interesting to find out on this thread.

Just sometimes irks me as feel like I'm driving over to go jump on his cock and he's just sitting there waiting but often find they won't do it back.

Now if a man doesn't drive and it's quite far fair enough. I'm cool with that. But when they have a car I just thing it's nice if its 50/50.

I haven't always encountered this but it's been common.

Can leave you feeling like you're not worth the effort.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Usually been half way. I’ll travel an hour tops

over a year ago

I do either but mostly travel.

Have no probs coming over to England or Scotland for meets if there's a real attraction, sure it's like a big adventure then....

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

It’s not you it’s the town

(Joke)

I think when you get to a certain age as a single guy with your place it’s just nicer and easier to have women come to stay with you or get away for a weekend in a nice hotel

over a year ago

Furthest I've gone is an hour and a half.

But they are well worth the drive. Plus I love long drive anyway as like to get out of my town and actually feel like I escaped before I indulge in the escapism.

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I honestly like to travel and see different parts of London and beyond to places I never been before.

But of course that depends on and how we get along, and if there is any kind of connection and great laughter

over a year ago

"Just sometimes irks me as feel like I'm driving over to go jump on his cock and he's just sitting there waiting but often find they won't do it back.

Now if a man doesn't drive and it's quite far fair enough. I'm cool with that. But when they have a car I just think it's nice if its 50/50.

Can leave you feeling like you're not worth the effort. "

Personally quite surprised that they will not travel to you - seems quite lazy.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

Well they don't know where you live its a mystery but yes i always travel its the gentlemanly thing to do

over a year ago

Why is that?

It irks me a bit.

It’s not you it’s the town

(Joke)

I think when you get to a certain age as a single guy with your place it’s just nicer and easier to have women come to stay with you or get away for a weekend in a nice hotel "

Oi don't slag this town off its OK you know.

(she's says while trying to move out of town )

Do you ever think it might give off an expectation that they come to you? Almost like a 'if you want me you have to come to me'

And why is your place nicer? I'm curious why theirs wouldn't be.

over a year ago

Why is that?

It irks me a bit.

But recently one amazing woman has made the trip to meet me. And is offering to do so again. And while it shouldn’t matter, at all, I was actually quite touched. It felt good.

Just sometimes irks me as feel like I'm driving over to go jump on his cock and he's just sitting there waiting but often find they won't do it back.

Now if a man doesn't drive and it's quite far fair enough. I'm cool with that. But when they have a car I just thing it's nice if its 50/50.

Can leave you feeling like you're not worth the effort. "

So in humble opinion, life is all about reciprocation, if I was feeling like I'm not worth the effort, then it's up to me to xhamge things, so that I do feel like I'm worth the effort....I only have power over the things that I do...

over a year ago

"Just sometimes irks me as feel like I'm driving over to go jump on his cock and he's just sitting there waiting but often find they won't do it back.

Now if a man doesn't drive and it's quite far fair enough. I'm cool with that. But when they have a car I just think it's nice if its 50/50.

Personally quite surprised that they will not travel to you - seems quite lazy. "

I had one guy I travelled to several times. He came here once. Then when I invited him again he blew me out saying it was too far and said I could go to him. I axed that playmate because of it.

Can't people take it in turns and play fair

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Meet guys who aren't so far away so it's less of an issue?

over a year ago

"And why is your place nicer? I'm curious why theirs wouldn't be. "

Well it can't be his place in Nottingham, so i assume they like to go to Dubai for the shopping

over a year ago

Why is that?

It irks me a bit.

So in humble opinion, life is all about reciprocation, if I was feeling like I'm not worth the effort, then it's up to me to xhamge things, so that I do feel like I'm worth the effort....I only have power over the things that I do..."

Change it how?

over a year ago

"Usually been half way. I’ll travel an hour tops "

I travel for how long is needed.

over a year ago

"And why is your place nicer? I'm curious why theirs wouldn't be.

Well it can't be his place in Nottingham, so i assume they like to go to Dubai for the shopping "

over a year ago

"I had one guy I travelled to several times. He came here once. Then when I invited him again he blew me out saying it was too far and said I could go to him. I axed that playmate because of it.

Can't people take it in turns and play fair "

Well done on the axing (having watched Grace last night, wondering where you disposed of the body?)

I was more than happy to go to my playmates, after all they were playing with me - and as one of my former colleagues said "you're never going to find two women who would be stupid enough to sleep with you" (slightly harsh, but...)

over a year ago

"And why is your place nicer? I'm curious why theirs wouldn't be.

Well it can't be his place in Nottingham, so i assume they like to go to Dubai for the shopping "

Dubai Huh

over a year ago

Why is that?

It irks me a bit.

So in humble opinion, life is all about reciprocation, if I was feeling like I'm not worth the effort, then it's up to me to xhamge things, so that I do feel like I'm worth the effort....I only have power over the things that I do...

Change it how? "

So this is only for me remember... so if I was feeling like I wasn't like I wasn't worth the effort, through meets or any area of my life...I'd have to look at why is that, what am I doing to facilitate how I'm feeling, am I put all thr effort in, am I jumping at there word etc...all that stuff...

as what I've come to learn over the years, it's not actually what others do. It's the meaning I attach to what they do...so if I'm feeling a certain way, it's uo to me to accept thr responsibility of my feelings and put a diffrent course of action in so that I don't feel the same....

over a year ago

"Meet guys who aren't so far away so it's less of an issue?"

The age old thing of fab is the ones that match tend to be the other end of the country and just not doable.

But even so, when you have preferences and kinks it's about who rather than where isnt it. I guess it depends on what you seek.

I'll travel for the right person that matches what I'm after.

I'm just curious I guess as to why others wouldn't do it back.

Like going Dutch on socials. Meeting halfway etc. When it progresses to a stage where you continue to meet up surely sharing travel is a thing?

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

We always travel because we would never have anyone back to our place.

over a year ago

"Meet guys who aren't so far away so it's less of an issue?

The age old thing of fab is the ones that match tend to be the other end of the country and just not doable.

But even so, when you have preferences and kinks it's about who rather than where isnt it. I guess it depends on what you seek.

….."

Can I copy this to my profile?

over a year ago

Cant believe people don't ask you,your pics are stunning

over a year ago

…..

Can I copy this to my profile? "

Of course.

over a year ago

"We always travel because we would never have anyone back to our place."

I do at first but after establishing a good level of trust they'll get an invite to mine.

Maybe by doing it at first I set an expectation without realising it.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

My last meet was my first venture out beyond the City into the Northern hinterland. However, through experience I find most are keen come down to London as they wish to incorporate other leisurely agendas.

I have no issues with travelling or meeting half way.

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

I'd be happy to travel too.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I don't mind traveling.

That would explain the amount of orphaned whims languishing in London.

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Like going Dutch on socials. Meeting halfway etc. When it progresses to a stage where you continue to meet up surely sharing travel is a thing? "

I wouldn't expect any kind of progression if the guy was a distance away.

I guess for lots of people, distance and regularity are not easily managed bedfellows due to the other demands of life

By *ormorantMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Always travel.

over a year ago

Like going Dutch on socials. Meeting halfway etc. When it progresses to a stage where you continue to meet up surely sharing travel is a thing?

I wouldn't expect any kind of progression if the guy was a distance away.

I guess for lots of people, distance and regularity are not easily managed bedfellows due to the other demands of life "

Guess it also depends on how we all define progression.

It could be someone you see every so many weeks or months and know it's that and only that. Yet you'll still meet up, hang out and end up naked and discover more about each other each time. Even if it's been weeks in between.

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I’m always happy to travel and like to make a bit of a weekend of it and equally there are a few who I’d be happy to have in my home and stay over

The last person I met came local to me and booked a lovely hotel and it was just a short train journey for myself

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

After a very traumatic experience in which police were involved, no-one is ever invited to mine.

I would never put myself in that position ever again.

I was more than happy to drive when meeting and pay for a hotel if the distance was too far x

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I can't/won't accommodate at my home but if they wanted to travel to me, then I wouldn't mind booking a hotel. But the accommodation is the reason I'd prefer to travel.

I didn't think I would do long distances but recently found that I definitely would for the right person

over a year ago

"I don't mind traveling.

That would explain the amount of orphaned whims languishing in London. "

I think travelling on a whim is often cheaper than on a train, but then it is the question of when you get to the big smoke, where do you leave it, and how do you know it will still be there when you get back.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I've been thinking about this...

(For about three seconds but it still counts) and I've realised I do tend to do most of the travelling. Most of the organising actually. I don't know why that is. I'd not really considered it until now.

I do love travelling, always have done but now I'm thinking about it, it would be great if there was more effort in times of distance/time on the male half.

Maybe I'm just far more keen then they are.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I don't mind traveling.

That would explain the amount of orphaned whims languishing in London.

I think travelling on a whim is often cheaper than on a train, but then it is the question of when you get to the big smoke, where do you leave it, and how do you know it will still be there when you get back.

"

Pilferers, squanderers and vagabonds exist wherever you go. A whim will find its sanctuary.

Apologies OP, I didn't mean to de-rail your thread. Sometimes I get carried away on my own private Whimsical Express.

over a year ago

"Usually been half way. I’ll travel an hour tops "

How often not how long. Do pay attention….

over a year ago

Glasgow

Some of my Fab trips are quite a long way away and it would be wallet-straining to it too often. So I’ll maybe do one of those every two or three months. Last time I timed it so that as well as meeting up with someone special there was a big social to go to the same weekend. That worked well.

over a year ago

I've met half way before or they've come nearer to me.

For some though I'd be willing to travel to them.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I used to travel but not any more for various reasons.

Most people will have experienced how traveling and distance can equate to expectation but it's usually in regard to the traveler having those expectations.

My experience has been the reverse.

I've driven 3½ hours each way to a meet only to be told afterwards that as I'd done it once there was nothing stopping me from doing it on a weekly basis.

An attitude like that was one of the main barriers to repeating the trip.

I'm not currently meeting and haven't met anyone new in 3 years but my policy is that anything more than an hour is an immediate no unless they are prepared to meet halfway.

By *ergeantrecklessMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

I'd ask you in a heartbeat

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Usually been half way. I’ll travel an hour tops

I travel for how long is needed. "

I don’t

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

How often not how long. Do pay attention…."

Oh! . Always then. Nobody comes to my house.

By *asty tatsyMan
over a year ago

london

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

If I was in a situation where we was to meet, I would always suggest a mutual distance depending on distance of course. Or I don’t mind travelling

By *onkeyandBonesCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Will generally look to meet half way, but we would happily travel for right person(s)

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I like a little road trip. If they are happy to come to me m, then that’s great. I’m told I’m a good host. Lol.

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I neither travel or accommodate. If this limits my options on here so be it…

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I can hop onto a tram…

Oh don't tease a girl

Teasing is something that I’d rather do in person "

I'd much rather you did it in person too

over a year ago

"I used to travel but not any more for various reasons.

Most people will have experienced how traveling and distance can equate to expectation but it's usually in regard to the traveler having those expectations.

I've driven 3½ hours each way to a meet only to be told afterwards that as I'd done it once there was nothing stopping me from doing it on a weekly basis.

I'm not currently meeting and haven't met anyone new in 3 years but my policy is that anything more than an hour is an immediate no unless they are prepared to meet halfway.

"

Wow, being told that would have me axe them. And just stick with the better attitudes.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I used to travel but not any more for various reasons.

Wow, being told that would have me axe them. And just stick with the better attitudes. "

I have no aversion to a little travel. Broadens the mind

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I find it the other way round, they offer to drive silly distances. Makes me feel a little uncomfortable, I know people like to get out and about, but there must be others closer?

I don't drive, so I don't go very far at all.

over a year ago

I don’t "

Fair enough.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

The thing is also, for people (I’m one of them) who only meet for a social first time it can be uncomfortable when people offer to drive to see you. I usually try and put them off as I think its a bit unfair in a way. I travel around the country quite a bit so I do meet different people for a drink if I’m in their area but as a special trip it’s a bit much.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I don’t

Fair enough. "

I wasn’t being rude there. That came across a bit abrupt

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

I don't travel but I had soneone come from North Wales to meet me by public transport too for an hour and included a hotel stay.

Wasn't a fan of that, was A LOT of pressure

I hope at least he did something fun in London the next day!

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I don't travel but I had soneone come from North Wales to meet me by public transport too for an hour and included a hotel stay.

I hope at least he did something fun in London the next day!"

Exactly this... So much pressure, especially just for a social!

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

I guess I have quite a traditional approach to this, insofar as I will always offer to do the bulk of travelling. If it’s a social, I find people are most receptive to somewhere neutral and equidistant, but that depends on where we both live, whether they drive or have trains/buses available etc.

Being single, I can always accommodate so meets often end up being at my place. But I will always offer to travel because I want whoever I’m meeting to have the choice. I’d definitely feel guilty if I was never travelling, especially if it was a long way.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

95% of the time I travel for a meet, but it doesn't help that there aren't many swingers for miles around where I live.

Occasionally people have travelled to a hotel near me, which has always been fabulous.

I really don't mind travelling though, and having a night away in a hotel, a few drinks, great company and hot sex, what's not to love

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

"I don't travel but I had soneone come from North Wales to meet me by public transport too for an hour and included a hotel stay.

I hope at least he did something fun in London the next day!

Exactly this... So much pressure, especially just for a social! "

Constantly surprised by distances people are prepared to go though. I travelled 40 mins once that was enough!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When I was meeting 95% of guys travelled to me. I did travel on occasion but unless I was going to a club it was a rarity

By *essaMayWoman
over a year ago

Fairytale Wood

We travel a lot and enjoy but not specifically for a meet. Usually weekends etc and if can tie in a meet with persons that tick all the boxes, bonus. As others have said, never invite anyone to ours unless we have long ongoing friendship, had serious problems in the past, unfortunately if we say we cannot accommodate it can also cause problems and accusations. But plus side is acts as another filter

By *illan-KillashMan
over a year ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

Why is that?

It irks me a bit. "

Maybe they just want to show you their extensive collection of human skin lampshades.

And by "show you" I mean add you.

Do you have tattoos?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I mostly go to see other people. I've had two people stay with me from Fab.

Post new Message to Thread