Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gas bill. Wow.

Jump to newest

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Just had my 1/4 gas bill from BG

Just over 400. Small house dont use that much gas.

Shocking.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Same just had mine 422 x

By *ickylouCouple
over a year ago

Bi

We are paying nearly 500 per month

By *acktar74Man
over a year ago

leeds

Same but not BG. Think its pretty standard.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Mine is working out at £3.50 per day, 2 bed town house, 5 radiator system and me being at home 75% of time.

Even I am at a loss to understand how this is so cheap, even had the meter checked.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"We are paying nearly 500 per month "

Good god! X

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Before all this started we paid £89 a month it then went to £179 now it’s £244 they better not put it up again we are struggling now

over a year ago

I'm £256 in credit and have only been paying £12 a month

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Further to my previous post I am paying as follows:

Gas per KW hour 10.99p

Standing charge 27.12p per day

VAT 5%

I pay by monthly direct debit based on my submitted meter readings, my last bill was below £100.

over a year ago

Mine work out £67 per week n im in credit..

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

That's very typical now and shocking. I pay three times what I used to a month and don't have the luxury of a warm house all the time as before as like anyone else I have been careful with how long is on and at what temperature. Every month they keep putting my dd up. Countries where the cap was put on providers have not seen these uncontrollable increases. Putting the cap on average user here,though obviously helps, was never going to stop the astronomic increases

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I am guessing that’s why I just had a bank alert saying more money than normal is going out my bills account tomorrow. If it is it has really shot up and I don’t use it for anything other than cooking.

Bad times.

over a year ago

I live rural, in the country so no gas, just oil heating.

Had 1000 litres of heating oil delivered last week so haven't received the bill yet

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

When I had to use my heating , it was costing me £13 a day for 10 hours heating a tank of hot water... and to use the cooker for long enough to make spaghetti bolognaise or chilli

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

this country needs a complete reset bills cant carry on like this,, most of its profiteering

over a year ago

"I'm £256 in credit and have only been paying £12 a month "

Why post a blatant lie? The standing charge is more than that

By *ymbunnyfitCouple
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Costs are sickening total rip off

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Our gas bill hasn’t really changed.

It’s quite surprising as our thermostat is always set at 23 degrees.

The house is always toasty warm and we just lounge around in our underwear eating Ferraro rocher and drinking champagne.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"I live rural, in the country so no gas, just oil heating.

Had 1000 litres of heating oil delivered last week so haven't received the bill yet "

Oil has actually dropped recently, your 1000 litres should cost about 675-700.

I refuse to do the auto too-up as I can sometimes find the prices vary by up to £100 for about 750l between suppliers, if I plan ahead and take the slower delivery slot

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Just had my 1/4 gas bill from BG

Just over 400. Small house dont use that much gas.

Shocking.

"

I really am happy for you but for 3 months that is shit cheap by today's standards.

Do you have central heating ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Our gas bill hasn’t really changed.

The house is always toasty warm and we just lounge around in our underwear eating Ferraro rocher and drinking champagne.

"

Said the man with the blue bollocks

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"We are paying nearly 500 per month "

We're paying £260 a month for dual fuel, in an open plan, 3 bed bungalow.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If I have my heating on for one hour it's approx 2.50 with the standing charge on top.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

£265 a month

over a year ago

It’s bizarre. I have a 3 storey house but it’s less than 10 yrs old so modern build and insulation. The dual bill has been £53 a month with the govt. handout and I’m £300 in credit. I was on a fixed tariff anyway so I’m expecting to get bitten in August..

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

My mother has just been told she’s racked up an extra 500 quid on top of her monthly payment going up and she’s been trying not to use it as much as she can

An older couple I was supposed to do a job for in spring but they had to cancel they still live in the house they raised the kids in a larger 4 bed their combined bill went up to 500 a month and they still racked up an extra 1600 in debt

We been trying to use it as little as possible as there just me and the two laddies here and we can put up with being cold but gas fire on all day when daughter is staying over it’s been a pretty miserable winter being honest not being comfy in own house especially after working outdoors all day last winter topped up gas 20 quid every 4-5 days and for that got an hour heating in morning and on from tea time till bed and was fine with that god knows what that would have costed this winter

over a year ago

We are off mains so it's LPG. Works out at around £220 per month. My heating is rarely off.

My electricity costs are around 150 per month

It's hard going

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Said the man with the blue bollocks"

Blue bollocks my arse.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I'm on a prepayment meter and put on between £5 and £10 a day, depending on how cold it is.

My house is very draughty and I can't be cold.

over a year ago

North West

Blue bollocks my arse."

Silver spoon?!

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Blue bollocks my arse.

Silver spoon?! "

Still spooning now

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"If I have my heating on for one hour it's approx 2.50 with the standing charge on top.

"

Ridiculous isn't it.

I put mine on in the morning so I can move around. Once I'm mobile I turn it down or off.

When it was freezing out I went back to bed whenever possible, which isn't good for my joints or muscles.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

£200 in credit.

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

With lots of utilities going up from the first it's going to be shocking when them bills do arrive.

Companies have to be reasonable if your struggling to pay once you've told them.

Stay safe x

over a year ago

North West

"£200 in credit. "

We were in mid Feb, with our old supplier. But having to start a new account from scratch in the middle of snow and ice...... Well. We got a refund of about £180 from our old supplier.

over a year ago

North West

Blue bollocks my arse.

Silver spoon?!

Still spooning now "

Not forking, like us?!

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Not really sure how some people can claim their bills have not gone up unless they are on fixed tariff or do not use the sane energy as before. Everyone I know, including myself, pay at least 2 or 3 times as much as they used to and that includes making do with using less energy. They do say though that miracles do happen

over a year ago

My supplier has just reduced my DD to £103 a month. They reduced it in November to £83 but I hadn't put the heating on as it was quite mild so I put it back to £150 and then with the £67 a month from the government I was paying £83. Fortunately Winter has been mild (except for December which was bloody freezing and my gas alone was £250). All of March I have only had heating on for 2-3 hours so hopefully will be ok until the forecast price drops kick in. Will continue to be frugal though regardless.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

My direct debit has just gone down surprisingly, I've been paying £170 a month duel fuel, its dropped to £130.... £100 of that has been gas alone and that's only having it on 6 hours a day and the odd switch on when it's got really cold ( large 2 bed flat)

Tinder

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

You can only really compare if you do exactly as you used to do before. Otherwise is like comparing apples with Oranges. I looked at last years consumption and gor exactly the same paying nearly three times as much

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Not really sure how much mine is as I have a prepayment meter. I put £100 on it at a time so about £300 a month. However since I bought a oodie at christmas I have it of at night as that keeps me warm. Will be going off completely in the next couple of weeks as its warm enough

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Oh and my elwctric costs nothing aa the cost of living payment goes on my electric and I never use it. Got about £200 on there

over a year ago

I pay with a pay as you go card which I top up with in a shop or post office. I'm not sure how much my gas and electric has increased but I know I'm topping up more than ever before.

Strange thing is I know some people who swear they are not paying any more than before. My aunt is only paying a few quid more than she was paying before the increases. It doesn't make much sense.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I pay with a pay as you go card which I top up with in a shop or post office. I'm not sure how much my gas and electric has increased but I know I'm topping up more than ever before.

Strange thing is I know some people who swear they are not paying any more than before. My aunt is only paying a few quid more than she was paying before the increases. It doesn't make much sense."

I agree. It makes no sense at all.

over a year ago

"I pay with a pay as you go card which I top up with in a shop or post office. I'm not sure how much my gas and electric has increased but I know I'm topping up more than ever before.

Strange thing is I know some people who swear they are not paying any more than before. My aunt is only paying a few quid more than she was paying before the increases. It doesn't make much sense."

On fixed tariff? My bill was only £60 a month until end of May last year. December was £250 for gas alone lol

over a year ago

What the fuck are you guys heating? Do you all have bakeries in your kitchens?

over a year ago

My electric dd went up to 90 a month from 63 but at the last bill I was 500 in credit after the bill was taken out, so I will be wanting some of that back then! Gas have just said they are putting me on a 90 dd from april so will see how that works out and try to wrangle that down too. Heating has been pretty much off for a while as I only let it get to 16°. Roll on summer.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

251 quid …. Its the way bills are calculated thats the crime - marginal pricing meaning every unit is charged at the highest price of manufacture so 99% can cost the companies 10p to generate but if they have to top up demand with amore expensive method of generating like gas and it cost 50p just for 1% of supply - all units get charged at 50p - its a rip off. Someone must be making money to keep it like that

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

"Mine is working out at £3.50 per day, 2 bed town house, 5 radiator system and me being at home 75% of time.

Even I am at a loss to understand how this is so cheap, even had the meter checked."

Your 66 per month is coming off the bill directly probably.

My utility Co pay mine into my bank so I pay it back to them

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

"What the fuck are you guys heating? Do you all have bakeries in your kitchens?"
You don't understand. These people are really into their cakes it seems.

over a year ago

People still us BG

By * o yWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

When this started i turned off radiators in rooms i dont use all the time. Used my gas fire. Electricity. I turned off the Alexa things, microwave, extention cables, turned switches off at the wall. My God it does make a massive difference

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

My quarterly bills have rose by £300 each time over the last 3 bills, last bill was 557 for gas and 252 for electric.

With the companies declaring such huge profits its fucking annoying.

By *ack69erMan
over a year ago

Beverley

When I was doing my accounts for last year April 22/ 23 and starting my accounts for this coming 12 months, I was shocked to see that I had paid £1590.36 for the whole year for gas and electricity. If it had not been for the Government rebate for 6 months, I would have paid an additional £400+ taking the bill to around or over £2000. Disgusting and this year it will be more especially when the rebate gets axed.

By *cottish guy 555Man
over a year ago

London

Yesterday I noticed that the little digital reader has jumped in the price displayed. It's doubled since Saturday with no changes to our energy consumption

Post new Message to Thread