Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your bed and sleep habits

Jump to newest

By *inky_couple2020 OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

Reading this article made us roll our eyes, giggle and reminisce in equal portions: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/apr/01/sleeping-secrets-on-camera-nine-beds-farting-threesomes

We've been sleeping in the same bed for 19 years. We've shared single beds in university dorms, had two children variously joining us (one still does ) and since moving in together 18 years ago, we have only ever had a regular double bed to share with each other (and any added extras).

We're very different sleepers. He's a light sleeper and an early bird. He often wakes up early, even if not disturbed and without an alarm. I'm a night owl who sleeps the sleep of the dead. I'm rarely awoken by night time events and if left to my own devices, will happily sleep for 12 hours every night. I have two alarms to get up for work. I also have to wake myself up to change position at night, because my left leg won't move without being helped and due to the severe pain caused by trying to roll over etc.

Despite our sleep differences and small-ish beds, we've never liked sleeping apart. Mr KC doesn't sleep well if I'm away and I don't like going to sleep without cuddles.

So, why don't you tell us a bit about YOUR bed and sleep habits?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

You guys sleep?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nobody goes in my bed except me.

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Nobody eats biscuits in my bed except me.

"

Crumbs!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I sleep alone these days in a double bed.

When I have a partner I don’t like to fall asleep cuddled up, I get paranoid that my head weighs a ton and will smoosh their arm/chest/whatever.

So I prefer to fall asleep bum cheek to bum cheek. Touching.

I also usually need a wee in the night and that urge comes on quite suddenly so I start off at a walking trot on the lading till I reach Usain Bolt levels of speed to reach the loo.

I love my bed and I love my sleep.

over a year ago

North West

"You guys sleep?

"

Only after we've fucked

over a year ago

Spooning, every night. I have to have my leg touching T all night or I wake up!

Mrs

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

Kingsize, love switching to the cool side when alone, which is a lot.

My child has bed shared when tiny, if she had nightmares, or was ill etc. Still regularly comes for a snuggle and would be in it like a shot if invited!

My cats sleep on there as much as they are allowed, so fresh bedding every few days is not just a luxury but a necessity!

It rarely gets used for Fab purposes.

over a year ago

What's sleep

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

"Kingsize, love switching to the cool side when alone, which is a lot.

My child has bed shared when tiny, if she had nightmares, or was ill etc. Still regularly comes for a snuggle and would be in it like a shot if invited!

My cats sleep on there as much as they are allowed, so fresh bedding every few days is not just a luxury but a necessity!

It rarely gets used for Fab purposes."

Forgot, really light sleeper, which is a curse! Split with a loud snorer because it was miserable!

over a year ago

He falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow and then snores like a train. I take an age to fall asleep and I'm lucky if I stay asleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. I also talk in my sleep and regularly wake myself up from talking loudly or shouting at something in my dreams.

Pxx

over a year ago

North West

Our son and his girlfriend live with us too and they are essentially nocturnal. It wasn't so much of an issue in the old house, with a separate and defined downstairs, but in our new open plan bungalow, our bedroom door opens off the kitchen and when they start cooking at 23:00, it really disturbs Mr KC. Not me, as much (see OP )

However, they did trigger the smoke alarm the other night, around midnight. It happened at a really critical moment too (good job we found it funny)

over a year ago

We have a king size bed. I sleep on a slither of it with ALL the covers piled on top of me so I get to over heat, yay for me . We don’t spoon because he’s hotter than the surface of the sun at night and I’ve had to stop myself from “gently” placing a pillow over his head due to his ridiculous snoring on more occasions than I’d like to admit . I think single beds at the opposite end of the room could be quite a good option for us and his safety

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I've slept alone for a few decades and I still sleep on the right side of the bed.

Recently I stayed the night with a man and was surprised that I fell asleep quite easily and had a good sleep.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I don't generally like to share my sleeping space with other humans. But I am used to the warmth of the mutts curled up beside me. So on the rare occasions I do allow a sleepover, I tend to tuck my weird giant frame into a little spoon position.

I sleep the sleep of the dead. Once I'm out I'm out, whether that's at 8pm or 3am, I'll be out cold until just before 6am. Though sometimes I'll go back for a nap til 8ish.

over a year ago

North West

"I've slept alone for a few decades and I still sleep on the right side of the bed.

Recently I stayed the night with a man and was surprised that I fell asleep quite easily and had a good sleep. "

Awwwww that's quite lovely, Nanna

over a year ago

King-size bed all to myself. Usually though my dog takes up way more space than me.

By *oding1Man
over a year ago

marlow

"Spooning, every night. I have to have my leg touching T all night or I wake up!

Mrs "

The nicest thing I've read in many a long day. My congratulations!

over a year ago

Starfishing and tent making

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

We've shared a double bed for 13 years. I can't sleep with anyone touching me, so after a snuggle or shag I push him away.

We're both good sleepers, but if a child wakes up he generally won't wake up, but I will. And unless one sneaks into the bed while I'm un-conscious they're not allowed to sleep in the bed anymore. We had too many years of that nonsense.

I'm also far fussier with the bedding. I need smooth sheets with no crumbs. I will get out of bed to smooth it down. He'll sleep on any old rumpled mess.

But I love having the bed to myself if he's away. It's glorious having all that space and no risk of snoring

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I’ve spent the vast majority of my adult life on my own so have always had a king sized bed to sprawl in. It’s great, of course, not least for space but because I can’t get to sleep with any body part touching another human bean. Also because I overheat easily, struggle to fall asleep and am a very light sleeper.

This does worry me for when someone is eventually stupid enough to spend more than a few months dating me. I do wonder whether I could actually permanently share a bed with a partner.

over a year ago

North West

"We've shared a double bed for 13 years. I can't sleep with anyone touching me, so after a snuggle or shag I push him away.

We're both good sleepers, but if a child wakes up he generally won't wake up, but I will. And unless one sneaks into the bed while I'm un-conscious they're not allowed to sleep in the bed anymore. We had too many years of that nonsense.

I'm also far fussier with the bedding. I need smooth sheets with no crumbs. I will get out of bed to smooth it down. He'll sleep on any old rumpled mess.

But I love having the bed to myself if he's away. It's glorious having all that space and no risk of snoring "

I'm the same with crumpled bedding and crumbs and anything else like that. I have to have a smooth, clean, unrumpled sleep area, but Mr KC will slum it on anything, I think

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"We've shared a double bed for 13 years. I can't sleep with anyone touching me, so after a snuggle or shag I push him away.

But I love having the bed to myself if he's away. It's glorious having all that space and no risk of snoring

I'm the same with crumpled bedding and crumbs and anything else like that. I have to have a smooth, clean, unrumpled sleep area, but Mr KC will slum it on anything, I think "

I think I deserve a medal for avoiding posting the obvious joke there!

At least, I did until I posted this hahaha

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I've slept alone for a few decades and I still sleep on the right side of the bed.

Recently I stayed the night with a man and was surprised that I fell asleep quite easily and had a good sleep.

Awwwww that's quite lovely, Nanna "

I surprised myself as I'm usually wide awake next to a man, willing him to wake up

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I love my winter brushed cotton bedding. I've held off changing it for the summer cotton this year.

I didn't even bother with my fleece and teddy bedding.

over a year ago

North West

I'm the same with crumpled bedding and crumbs and anything else like that. I have to have a smooth, clean, unrumpled sleep area, but Mr KC will slum it on anything, I think

I think I deserve a medal for avoiding posting the obvious joke there!

At least, I did until I posted this hahaha"

How rude

He became accustomed to slumming it on oil rigs and in crappy B&Bs that came with free pet mice

over a year ago

North West

"I love my winter brushed cotton bedding. I've held off changing it for the summer cotton this year.

I didn't even bother with my fleece and teddy bedding."

We're brushed cotton aficionados too

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Sleeping alone has its plus points....you can do what you want to the duvet and pillows ...toss them all over or neat and tidy

Not worry about waking anyone up when you need the bathroom

Fart at will

However the feeling of sleeping with another person cuddling a naked body all night,spooning and even sleepy morning sex is amazing

The only issue is who sleeps on which side of the bed

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Sleeping alone has its plus points....you can do what you want to the duvet and pillows ...toss them all over or neat and tidy

Fart at will

However the feeling of sleeping with another person cuddling a naked body all night,spooning and even sleepy morning sex is amazing

The only issue is who sleeps on which side of the bed "

Who’s Will?

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

I miss snuggling with my partner.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I've got a super king, 7'3" long bed, so in theory there is loads of space. I also have 2 very small dogs, so in practice I get a strip of bed the exact size of me down one side. I'm a pretty light sleeper and I often don't get to sleep until 2 or 3am, but almost always up by 6.30 or 7.30. On the odd occasion I'll pass out until about 10, or from 10 the night before. I don't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time, pain and lack of circulation will always make me wake to shift position.

When Bob is here we sleep snuggled into each other, with the dogs trapping us together beautifully, one on each side of us. And he manages to cope with the palaver that is me trying to move pretty well

over a year ago

We had a super king till very recently, we bed shared with the kids for years so it made sense.

We changed to a double which isn't on a divan base and changed the direction of the bed too.

I felt like I was sleeping on the floor on a dolls house bed and really couldn't get used to it.

It's probably getting changed to a king-size when we sort out our room. It's fine for me but when hubby is home too, feels fecking tiny again

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

I sleep in a bed with a 10 month old. She doesn't sleep till 10. Bc I'm a single parent and spend every waking moment with her I definitely need some time by myself. So usually get to bed after her first wake up between 1-2. An awful habit which I must break before I go back to work in 2 weeks

She's a great sleeping buddy though and is always delighted for a new day in the morning.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

King size bed, purely for the extra space for the cats, and they still all like to sleep right next to or on me half the night

Can't remember the last time I spent a whole night with someone else in the bed with me, I don't think I'd sleep well.

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Im a terrible sleeper ,I cannot sleep with any one in my bed ,im a wake till about 3 then wide a wake at 6

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Super king size I bought when with the ex as like loads of space to self plus at the time our daughter still came in every now and again if she had a bad dream through nite. still sleep on the one side now even though on own as hard to break 15 years of habit

over a year ago

North West

"Sleeping alone has its plus points....you can do what you want to the duvet and pillows ...toss them all over or neat and tidy

Fart at will

The only issue is who sleeps on which side of the bed "

Interestingly, we always pick the same side of the bed, if we stay away, as we have at home......

over a year ago

North West

"I miss snuggling with my partner. "

over a year ago

We have separate bedrooms and bathrooms. I have Crohn's so I'm up 4 or 5 times a night and I love to be surrounded by the cats, Dick is a prolific snorer and he gets bad nightmares from his PTSD so sometimes wakes quite violently. It was difficult in the early days, but all good now. We sometimes even get adjoining hotel rooms when we go away

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I usually turn in around 10pm and read most nights. Sometimes watch a film. I start sleep on back and sometimes move to either side until waking. I get up at alarm 6:30am.

over a year ago

North West

"We have separate bedrooms and bathrooms. I have Crohn's so I'm up 4 or 5 times a night and I love to be surrounded by the cats, Dick is a prolific snorer and he gets bad nightmares from his PTSD so sometimes wakes quite violently. It was difficult in the early days, but all good now. We sometimes even get adjoining hotel rooms when we go away "

I often feel guilty that my faffing to change position in the middle of the night is disturbing Mr KC, because he's such a light sleeper. It's not a smooth transition from one side to another and involves sleep-swearing

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

European King-size all to myself. I need to hug a pillow to help me sleep

over a year ago

North West

"European King-size all to myself. I need to hug a pillow to help me sleep "

I sleep with a pillow between my legs to try and aid with hip and back pain

over a year ago

Naked with company / shorts when solo / clean sheets once a week (or before any visitors) / Strict no biscuits in bed policy - crumbs will not be tolerated!

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

"European King-size all to myself. I need to hug a pillow to help me sleep

I sleep with a pillow between my legs to try and aid with hip and back pain "

Same, I got one of those long pillows so I can do both, they call them recovery pillows, good for your shoulders too.

over a year ago

"I miss snuggling with my partner. "

My ex is available in your area...she the one with "health warning" tattooed on her forehead

over a year ago

North West

"Naked with company / shorts when solo / clean sheets once a week (or before any visitors) / Strict no biscuits in bed policy - crumbs will not be tolerated! "

We are strictly naked sleepers too. Can't stand wearing nightwear. There's very rarely food eaten in our bed, to be fair. I do sometimes have breakfast in bed, but usually just porridge

By *akedMMan
over a year ago

Witney

I sleep naked been on my own for years. Bamboo sheets and duvet cover. Baavet duvet. Sleep position all over the place. Tinnitus and over active bladder don't help

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Nothing living and larger than housemites, is generally allowed overnight in my king size bed.

over a year ago

North West

"European King-size all to myself. I need to hug a pillow to help me sleep

I sleep with a pillow between my legs to try and aid with hip and back pain

Same, I got one of those long pillows so I can do both, they call them recovery pillows, good for your shoulders too."

I got a giant Silent night sausage pillow, but there's no room for Mr KC in the bed, if I use it

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I always sleep on the right side of the bed at home, curtains and window open

Never seem to move around much even with the whole bed to myself and usually wake up with my leg over the duvet and bum out

When I have someone stay over or I’m sharing a bed elsewhere I do like intimacy, I enjoy being little spoon, their arm over me and their face nuzzled into the back of my neck

Sleepy spoon snugglefucks ate the best

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

"I miss snuggling with my partner.

My ex is available in your area...she the one with "health warning" tattooed on her forehead "

Not noticed anyone like that around..

over a year ago

I sleep light. A crisp packet blown over the road could wake me up.

I sleep better than I did, as I used to wake almost every hour and survive on around 3-4 hrs sleep each night. Now it 6-7.

The bed isn’t comfy, and I miss cuddling.

over a year ago

North West

"I sleep light. A crisp packet blown over the road could wake me up.

I sleep better than I did, as I used to wake almost every hour and survive on around 3-4 hrs sleep each night. Now it 6-7.

The bed isn’t comfy, and I miss cuddling. "

How come your bed isn't comfy?

over a year ago

How come your bed isn't comfy?"

I do t know. Maybe it’s in my mind, it’s not my bed or I’d slept next to soneone for more than half my life.

Although, a premier in bed is super comfy and I had a cracking sleep that night.

over a year ago

"I sleep alone these days in a double bed.

When I have a partner I don’t like to fall asleep cuddled up, I get paranoid that my head weighs a ton and will smoosh their arm/chest/whatever.

So I prefer to fall asleep bum cheek to bum cheek. Touching.

I also usually need a wee in the night and that urge comes on quite suddenly so I start off at a walking trot on the lading till I reach Usain Bolt levels of speed to reach the loo.

I love my bed and I love my sleep.

"

I don't recall you getting up for a wee, maybe that explains why I woke in a puddle

over a year ago

North West

How come your bed isn't comfy?

I do t know. Maybe it’s in my mind, it’s not my bed or I’d slept next to soneone for more than half my life.

Although, a premier in bed is super comfy and I had a cracking sleep that night. "

I believe you can buy the mattresses they use in Premier Inn at some bed shops?! Did you sleep better after a spot of physical exertion?

Post new Message to Thread