Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

•— Glasses / Spectacles / Eyewear —•

Jump to newest

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

Gentlemën, Ladiës, Binariës, Whateveriës and Inclusivitiës...

Do you wear glasses?

Is this - for you personally - a functional and utilitarian accessory simply for 'corrective' vision? Do you wear it with pride and delight, and with a fashionable, contemporary and stylistic frame? Does it complement your look and visage?

Are you inexplicably drawn toward those who wear glasses? Do you find people who wear them sexy, geeky, nerdy, attractive or - perhaps - a turn-off ?

And finally — in regards to budget do you procure cheap frames but complement them with high-quality lens or do you compromise on the lens for a more discerning and style-conscious frame?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I wear prescription reading glasses as I can't see anything close up.

I have varifocals so I can read road signs across the road but I don't use them as I can't see using the close up lens.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I have to wear reading glasses but I never get expensive ones as I'm always dropping them

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I do wear glasses and also daily disposable contacts.

I used to have a black framed pair but now have a Jurgen Klopp style transparent pair.

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

I wear glasses, I do have contacts but the last couple times I didn't like wearing them, plus they are a lil too weak for me.

Though saying that I've needed to have an eye appointment since covid and keep putting it off/forgetting as I know that will mean I need new prescription/glasses haha

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I don't wear glasses. I'm blessed with close enough to 20:20 vision that it's not worth adjusting.

When someone wears glasses that suit their face it can be very complimentary.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I wear glasses...

I spend way too long looking at frames when I'm getting new ones, then approximately 7.64 seconds actually trying on the 26 frames I kinda like and deciding which don't make me look even weirder.

Struck gold with the ones I got last time.

But the lens is more important than the frame. Because that's the part that makes me be able to see.

I can't actually remember if that answers the OP or not... hope so!

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I’m blind as a bat without my glasses or lenses

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Reluctantly....yes. Initially, anyway..

Unfortunately age caught up with me, and I needed them for reading (im long sighted).

I held out for about 49yrs, so that's not too bad.

I quite like wearing them now.

In my mind, they make me look studious (especially when colouring in pictures).

I buy cheap ones from the supermarket. Not prescription.

I have quite a physical job, so quite often they get broken

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I have excellent vision but have found that looking at my phone so much gives me headaches. I had two choices - look at my phone less or buy reader glasses.

I’ll let you guess which I picked

over a year ago

I’m supposed to wear glasses but I don’t think I suit them so I just walk about squinting at everything because I can’t see .

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
over a year ago

Norwich

I have worn glasses since I was a teenager. Now I have to have two pairs, one for distance and one for intermediate (screen work mainly). I don’t think about them most of the time but they’re a pain in the arse when there are kids around and there’s no good solution for water sports (no not that kind). I don’t consider them an accessory, purely functional.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I wear glasses. I need good lenses and like a stylish frame. The cost is eye watering and as I've had surgery to repair a hole in the macular of one eye and now have a cataract as a result need six monthly eye tests. Once the cataract has been removed I'll need yet another pair of spectacles.

I saw some beautiful frames that had a diamante leopard reclining over one eye but I don't think they'll go with my suede boots

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I've been wearing glasses since I was 4. They're part of my face, and I look weird without them. I tend to go for cheap-ish frames, but will pay more if I think they really suit me. Each pair is going to last at least 2 years, so it's not a huge expense.

It doesn't affect a person's attractiveness if they wear glasses or not. Though some glasses really don't suit some faces, and that can be off-putting.

By *tar80sWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I wear glasses, lens etc. I also need a pink lens to see numbers correctly/clarity.

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

My eyes are now weak enough, between the astigmatism and the lazy eye muscles, that I could wear varifocals, but I dislike them. So I wear contact lenses for distance vision, and supplement with reading glasses for close up.

I'll confess, I've bought readers with a big round frame to wear them in my profile pics, because I think I look more feminine and sexy in them.

(They also help obscure the bags under my eyes).

By *lark_KentMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I wear glasses so I can see, but I love a woman wearing glasses

over a year ago

Glasses for reading (such as sitting at the computer now).

Tend to buy the frames that suit me or that I like. Have thought about using the prescription to get the lenses cheaper on line, but never get round to it.

By *lue eyesMan
over a year ago

cavan

Unfortunately yes.i hate them !!

I've tried contact lenses and they irratate the shit out of me .

And laser is not an option unfortunately

Any other options out their aside from a transplant

over a year ago

I wear glasses daily as I’m blind as a bat without them.

I’ve never managed to get on with contacts, I get enough fingers in the eye playing rugby so I’ll stick with my frames.

over a year ago

Another blind bat here

By *eard and BoobsCouple
over a year ago

Portstewart

We both wear glasses all the time and we do tend to spoil ourselves when choosing new frames within reason. I looked at a sish made pair of pure carbon fibre but just couldn't get behind the 1000 quid price tag usually frames are between 2 and 300

over a year ago

Yes I wear glasses, I choose frames that suits myself and never worried about cost of lens, i just think it's worth getting the best,

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I am getting old, so I now wear glasses for long sightedness, but just for reading, using screens and driving at night. I also have slight astigmatism apparently. I didn't like having to get them but Mr KC really likes the ones I chose. They make him hot round the edges

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

I wear glasses for corrective vision but also to give the impression that I’m vaguely intelligent and know what I’m talking about.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Another blind bat here "

That's helpful for me then

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I have to wear 2 separate pairs. One for reading and one for seeing people. It is a little awkward if I mix them up. Oops

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"I have to wear 2 separate pairs. One for reading and one for seeing people. It is a little awkward if I mix them up. Oops "

I don't know, it might be quite useful reading people!

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

"I have to wear 2 separate pairs. One for reading and one for seeing people. It is a little awkward if I mix them up. Oops

I don't know, it might be quite useful reading people! "

I’m pretty good at that already. Even being blind

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Ive tried everything , one pair , two pair, contacts, and gave up , I don’t like things on/in my eyes, so I’m just blind for now and will get eye lens replacement soon.

I adore women in glasses, so sexy.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I wear glasses, lens etc. I also need a pink lens to see numbers correctly/clarity. "

I’ve never heard of the pink lens one before! Which is weird, given my username …

I’m like Mrs Rickshawed up there, I’ve been wearing glasses my whole life and can’t imagine ever doing without them. They’re just part of me.

I’ve joked with friends on here before that if you’re seeing me without my glasses you’ve pulled - I only take them off to get into the shower or into bed …

My specs are one of the things I’ve always invested a lot of money in. I wear them all day, every day. They’re part of my face. I need to love them.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

Yes, I wear glasses.

I'm careful about what I buy and how they look. I make sure they suit me.

over a year ago

I'm supposed to wear mine more than I do . Over the years I've ignored that advice but now it's catching up with me!

My prescription isn't particularly strong so I get away with not spending too much snd the occasional pair of ready readers on line if I want something a bit funky for work.

I don't dislike them and I've a few pairs now that I'm used to wearing, but I'm not yet super confident in them .

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I have to wear them, if I don't my sight is awful.

I love them on other people - not to the extent it's a fetish but the right pair really compliments and brings out features of a person.

I have a very strong soft spot for men in glasses and *that banned word* blazers thanks to my first experience.

In terms of the quality/cost, I do tend to buy expensive frames because they're an essential accessory (what a lovely juxtaposition!) and might as well enjoy wearing them.

My current two pairs are Marc Jacobs and Prada, both pretty identical - dark, thick rimmed. Following Monday's appointment I'll finally be able to look at getting a new pair, I'm currently lusting after a Chanel tortoiseshell pair.

I sound vapid as fuck here. Sod it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I wear glasses because I need to be led around by the hand without correction.

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I wear them, I hate them but I like to see, I find it helpful. I can’t wear contact lenses, my eyes aren’t suitable for them. My frames are relatively cheap as glasses can be, I’m not a fan of designer stuff. I do have coatings on my lenses though

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I need them for reading but dislike them x

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I have way too many pairs, any time we got new ones in I'd get them if I liked them (perk of work getting them cheap ). I have lots of different styles and use them as an accessory.

Age is creeping up now and I can't use my all round specs anymore I need a little more oomph for close work, so new ones are on the horizon

Tinder

over a year ago

I gony wesr flasses,

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I've worn glasses since the age of 3, do they are part of me. I don't feel properly dressed without them. I can't wear contact lenses either so when I choose glasses, the price doesn't come into it. I choose the style that suits me and I pay a lot extra to get ultra thin lenses as I want the glasses to look the best they can.

My last 2 pairs of glasses cost me £1400.

over a year ago

I should but don't unless I'm trying to work on the computer when tired

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Yes I wear them, very short sighted.

Just Specsavers own brand though, green pair and a brown pair, to suit my colouring.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

What about when you - the wearer - are passionately kissing someone who's also wearing glasses?

Do you take delight when the frames innocently collide and go 'clackety-clack', mimicking your sensual lip-locking embrace with endearment and pleasurable satisfaction? Ô^Ô

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Have worn them for 40 odd years. Like a nice designer frame, and thing ladies look super elegant and sexy in them

over a year ago

I wear reading glasses

It was either that or longer arms!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes I wear glasses and have done for many years. I try to chose frames that suit my face. The women in the shop are always good. Many years ago I asked a gentlemen friend what he thought of glasses and he said they are just part of you.

I have no preference for people who do or don't wear glasses.

I wouldn't get contact lenses as I couldn't bare anything in my eyes

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I wear contacts in the day and my glasses later in the day, I can’t go without them coz I’m blind as a bat!!

over a year ago

Glasgow

"Do you take delight when the frames innocently collide and go 'clackety-clack', mimicking your sensual lip-locking embrace with endearment and pleasurable satisfaction? Ô^Ô "

Now *there* speaks the voice of experience. That very specific sound/feeling of glasses colliding is a thing. Maybe even a ‘Thing’ which deserves a capital letter. It’s a moment.

That click/clack might make the two of you pause for breath. Look each other in the eyes again. It might make you dive straight back in. It might make you take your glasses off. Look for somewhere to put them down, carefully. Maybe on the bedside. That little face clash can be the moment where realise you’re shifting from a kiss to doing more. Putting your glasses aside is a commitment to going further. It’s the first step in taking the rest of your clothes off, y’know?

over a year ago

I wear glasses as I am short sighted… recently changed to multifocal glasses and hate them - near and far is a bit trippy for me - but using contact lens gives me the flexibility of having the best of both worlds… can go out and not look like a 4 eyed nerd… but I look good when I do have them on

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"What about when you - the wearer - are passionately kissing someone who's also wearing glasses?

Do you take delight when the frames innocently collide and go 'clackety-clack', mimicking your sensual lip-locking embrace with endearment and pleasurable satisfaction? Ô^Ô "

I shout “cheers!!” as our glasses clink together

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Have been wearing glasses since I was 5 years old, Currently using Varifocal Reactolight in a simple metal frame, need to wear them from getting up until going to bed.

Use either Boots or Specsavers depending who is offering the best deal, always buy 2 pair, keeping 1 pair in the car as sadly I am of an age where falling over happens usually damaging the glasses.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Do you take delight when the frames innocently collide and go 'clackety-clack', mimicking your sensual lip-locking embrace with endearment and pleasurable satisfaction? Ô^Ô

Now *there* speaks the voice of experience. That very specific sound/feeling of glasses colliding is a thing. Maybe even a ‘Thing’ which deserves a capital letter. It’s a moment.

That click/clack might make the two of you pause for breath. Look each other in the eyes again. It might make you dive straight back in. It might make you take your glasses off. Look for somewhere to put them down, carefully. Maybe on the bedside. That little face clash can be the moment where realise you’re shifting from a kiss to doing more. Putting your glasses aside is a commitment to going further. It’s the first step in taking the rest of your clothes off, y’know?"

It's like a mutual and reciprocal acknowledgement: the glasses have come off, does anything else need to remain 'on'?

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Reading glasses for us both.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"What about when you - the wearer - are passionately kissing someone who's also wearing glasses?

Do you take delight when the frames innocently collide and go 'clackety-clack', mimicking your sensual lip-locking embrace with endearment and pleasurable satisfaction? Ô^Ô "

Yes. You probably know how much joy it brings me already Nero, no, you do.

RTG described it perfectly. I love those little erotic moments that are almost ritualistic in their perfect desire, the way they fill the senses. In a similar way to cufflinks, the removal of them signifies so much. Some of my favourite little memories of lovers are the glasses clacking. The cufflinks removing.

There's something about that embrace with another glasses wearer that speaks to me of sensuality, of potential yet to be unearthed. I adore it.

And I'm intrigued as to your next thread topic, I'm certain it will speak to me of erotic moments past and yet to come.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I have to wear reading glasses but I never get expensive ones as I'm always dropping them "

I'm sure that you still look smart, Grumpy!

over a year ago

I wear glasses - normally the cheapest frames, not because I wouldn't spend money but because the most basic frames suit me better than more elaborate (and expensive!) ones.

I do have a bit of a thing for women who wear glasses, I must admit. Dorothy Parker clearly hadn't met me when she wrote 'Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses'!

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I wear glasses...

I spend way too long looking at frames when I'm getting new ones, then approximately 7.64 seconds actually trying on the 26 frames I kinda like and deciding which don't make me look even weirder.

Struck gold with the ones I got last time.

But the lens is more important than the frame. Because that's the part that makes me be able to see.

I can't actually remember if that answers the OP or not... hope so!"

Since when did you start calling me OP? Wench!

over a year ago

This is a touchy one right now as I've had nothing but problems since my home eye test but I've had metal frames, plastic frames, black brown blue grey always gone for a cheapy pair. But now my prescription has really changed i cant have what I want without paying an Extortionate amount, and today have been told I have to have two pairs. I just want to see! I want black plastic glasses like Clark Kent. They will be practical but also i want to look like a sexy slutty secretary too!!

End of rant.

over a year ago

North West

"This is a touchy one right now as I've had nothing but problems since my home eye test but I've had metal frames, plastic frames, black brown blue grey always gone for a cheapy pair. But now my prescription has really changed i cant have what I want without paying an Extortionate amount, and today have been told I have to have two pairs. I just want to see! I want black plastic glasses like Clark Kent. They will be practical but also i want to look like a sexy slutty secretary too!!

End of rant."

I don't know your budget, but the black plastic Ray Ban frames I settled on seem good. I just have basic lenses with blue filter for gawping at screens. Can share a pic of you like?

over a year ago

I have to wear glasses now to read or see detail. I go for the buy one get one free £20 plastic chunky jobs and they do fine.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I wear glasses - normally the cheapest frames, not because I wouldn't spend money but because the most basic frames suit me better than more elaborate (and expensive!) ones.

I do have a bit of a thing for women who wear glasses, I must admit. Dorothy Parker clearly hadn't met me when she wrote 'Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses'!"

That's absolutely true that some of the cheapest ones are actually nicer than the designer ones and you cant tell the difference. You often pay for the name, not unlike sunglasses too.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"This is a touchy one right now as I've had nothing but problems since my home eye test but I've had metal frames, plastic frames, black brown blue grey always gone for a cheapy pair. But now my prescription has really changed i cant have what I want without paying an Extortionate amount, and today have been told I have to have two pairs. I just want to see! I want black plastic glasses like Clark Kent. They will be practical but also i want to look like a sexy slutty secretary too!!

End of rant."

I vaguely remember you saying it was specsavers wasn't it? Are you sticking with them or going elsewhere, feel free to pm I can give some advice xx

Tinder

over a year ago

I do wear glasses and have recently had new ones (see recent pic) Prescription varifocals, but they are from the Kylie range so I'm still cool

Have worn glasses for distance since I was 10 years old, I loved having glasses

over a year ago

I do wear glasses and contacts. I used to spend a fortune on glasses but spend less now as I rarely ever leave the house wearing them. Contacts are just more practical for me day to day.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I wear a monoclonal.

over a year ago

I do when driving.

I look better with them so I'm hoping for crappy eyesight all round!

over a year ago

End of rant.

I don't know your budget, but the black plastic Ray Ban frames I settled on seem good. I just have basic lenses with blue filter for gawping at screens. Can share a pic of you like?"

Please beaut x

over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m in a terribly trendy bar right now with a fabber who is wearing terribly sexy glasses. It’s terrible. But I like it.

over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m in a terribly trendy bar right now with a fabber who is wearing terribly sexy glasses. It’s terrible. But I like it.

over a year ago

"I’m in a terribly trendy bar right now with a fabber who is wearing terribly sexy glasses. It’s terrible. But I like it."

So much you had to say it twice

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

Hear ye hear ye...RTG is on a date right now, in a trendy bar, in a trendy bår. He is imbibing with:

Gertrude from Glasgow / Edwina from Edinburgh / Abbie from Aberdeen / Dierdre from Dundee / Freda from Forfar / Irina from Inverness....

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

"Hear ye hear ye...RTG is on a date right now, in a trendy bar, in a trendy bår. He is imbibing with:

Gertrude from Glasgow / Edwina from Edinburgh / Abbie from Aberdeen / Dierdre from Dundee / Freda from Forfar / Irina from Inverness.... "

Can you repeat this please… for the hard of understanding

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Hear ye hear ye...RTG is on a date right now, in a trendy bar, in a trendy bår. He is imbibing with:

Gertrude from Glasgow / Edwina from Edinburgh / Abbie from Aberdeen / Dierdre from Dundee / Freda from Forfar / Irina from Inverness.... "

Savage.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I do when driving.

I look better with them so I'm hoping for crappy eyesight all round! "

So you like Autumn, comfort food and wear glasses. Curiouser curiouser...

over a year ago

Worn them for 40 years and they’re integral to me

I tried contacts for a while as there was always a risk as a cricketer that taking a ball to the face would be nasty (luckily my reactions were good enough to avoid that for 40 years)

But contacts are a pain to put in with smaller eyes, plus as I’d worn glasses for so long people thought I looked weird without them

So now I have 5 or 6 pairs that I can alternate between

over a year ago

Transition lens with a frame I like.

over a year ago

North West

End of rant.

I don't know your budget, but the black plastic Ray Ban frames I settled on seem good. I just have basic lenses with blue filter for gawping at screens. Can share a pic of you like?

Please beaut x"

Done!

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I wear glasses mainly for distance like driving but I like them to show my personality

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

I don't wear glasses but wouldn't mind if I had to. I do like some ladies wearing glasses and that sexy geeky look that some have.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I wear glasses mainly for distance like driving but I like them to show my personality "

Cute. Smart. Sexy. Yep. I can see it

over a year ago

I'm speccy. I can't get on board with contacts, but also I don't look like me without my geek frames!

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

I wear em cos i'm an old bastard slowly loosing all functioning utilities that were once perfectly working

I go for the cheap frames/cheap lens option, my last order costing about £40ish quid for 3 pairs- including a pair of sunnies.

Can't see the point of designer frames and expensive glasses, most the time i wear them for work, so the current work pair have a couple of scratches- and my prescription has changed twice in a few years, so why bother wasting cash when the online suppliers provide more than good enough kit for the old peepers

over a year ago

"Another blind bat here

That's helpful for me then "

as long as you don’t pinch my lenses or I’ll be needing a lift home

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I'm speccy. I can't get on board with contacts, but also I don't look like me without my geek frames! "

Less silhouettey?

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I'm speccy. I can't get on board with contacts, but also I don't look like me without my geek frames! "

I couldn't imagine sticking my finger in my eye

I'll stick with glasses. I've got HD varifocals now

over a year ago

"I'm speccy. I can't get on board with contacts, but also I don't look like me without my geek frames!

Less silhouettey? "

Haha yeah!

That's how everyone else's pics look to me when I take mine off #BlindAsABat

over a year ago

"I do when driving.

So you like Autumn, comfort food and wear glasses. Curiouser curiouser..."

You know what curiosity did...

By *oanne ETV/TS
over a year ago

Near Warrington

I wear varifocals, have my normal male mode ones but a specific pair for Joanne. Without them I'm proper blind and I do like to see what I'm playing with xxx

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I'm speccy. I can't get on board with contacts, but also I don't look like me without my geek frames!

Less silhouettey?

Haha yeah!

That's how everyone else's pics look to me when I take mine off #BlindAsABat"

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I do when driving.

You know what curiosity did..."

I'm curious to see them, I don't think I have yet and I'm not a cat so I'm hoping I get sex or something nice

over a year ago

"I do when driving.

I'm curious to see them, I don't think I have yet and I'm not a cat so I'm hoping I get sex or something nice "

You want a pic of my glasses?

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I do when driving.

I'm curious to see them, I don't think I have yet and I'm not a cat so I'm hoping I get sex or something nice

You want a pic of my glasses? "

Spectacle fetish

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I wear them for distance. My current frames are green but I preferred the geeky black ones I had on my last prescription.

B doesn't wear glasses because his eyesight is annoyingly perfect, so I've never kissed someone else wearing glasses while wearing mine. I didn't even realise the frames could clash.

J

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I do when driving.

You want a pic of my glasses? "

You wearing them yes, not just of your glasses. Give me your best sexy secretary look please and make my Friday spectaculous

over a year ago

North West

"I wear them for distance. My current frames are green but I preferred the geeky black ones I had on my last prescription.

B doesn't wear glasses because his eyesight is annoyingly perfect, so I've never kissed someone else wearing glasses while wearing mine. I didn't even realise the frames could clash.

J"

I only discovered this very recently! Mr KC is an all-the-time specs wearer and I'm new to it. We got all entangled

over a year ago

"I do when driving.

You wearing them yes, not just of your glasses. Give me your best sexy secretary look please and make my Friday spectaculous "

I can do a "talk to me and I will slap you" secretary look.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I wear them for distance. My current frames are green but I preferred the geeky black ones I had on my last prescription.

J"

Frame wars

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I do when driving.

You wearing them yes, not just of your glasses. Give me your best sexy secretary look please and make my Friday spectaculous

I can do a "talk to me and I will slap you" secretary look. "

That's pretty much what I'm expecting

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I wear glasses mainly for distance like driving but I like them to show my personality

Cute. Smart. Sexy. Yep. I can see it "

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"B doesn't wear glasses because his eyesight is annoyingly perfect, so I've never kissed someone else wearing glasses while wearing mine. I didn't even realise the frames could clash.

J

Frame wars "

I think you've just invented armoured glasses. Bravo! Or they could be magnetic with either attracting or repelling polarity depending on whether you want to get close or not. I may have taken this mental tangent too far...

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Mid range price frames to accommodate the lens

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I wear contacts or glasses depending on my mood. I’ve recently bought new glasses & they are rather sexy.

I LOVE a man in glasses

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"B doesn't wear glasses because his eyesight is annoyingly perfect, so I've never kissed someone else wearing glasses while wearing mine. I didn't even realise the frames could clash.

J

Frame wars

I think you've just invented armoured glasses. Bravo! Or they could be magnetic with either attracting or repelling polarity depending on whether you want to get close or not. I may have taken this mental tangent too far... "

So many ideas

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

I wear them for close work, they are functional, good quality but not showy.

By *londeHotwife87Couple
over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Oh yes proud Specs nerd here! Feel naked and very lost (literally) without them!

By *rincipessaWoman
over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

Without them, I can’t see here and I Can’t see there. I just lived in a happy middle distance for years. Now I wear varifocals and love not looking at life through a Vaseline smeared mirror anymore

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I do when driving.

You know what curiosity did..."

Yes, it obliterated the .

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Without them, I can’t see here and I Can’t see there. I just lived in a happy middle distance for years. Now I wear varifocals and love not looking at life through a Vaseline smeared mirror anymore "

There's always someone who mentions Vaseline™ in a harmless thread.

By *rincipessaWoman
over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

"Without them, I can’t see here and I Can’t see there. I just lived in a happy middle distance for years. Now I wear varifocals and love not looking at life through a Vaseline smeared mirror anymore

There's always someone who mentions Vaseline™ in a harmless thread. "

I’m future, I’m going to be the person who mentions it in every thread.

By *odders88Man
over a year ago

Northampton

I find women that wear glasses sexy as fuck

By *r_PinkMan
over a year ago

london stratford

Once I hit my late 40s, my eyesight got gradually worse and now at 52 I am blind as a bat without them.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

I've worn glasses since I was 7, for short sight, and had to wear them all day since my early 30s. After 8 years without an eye test I finally succumbed a few days ago, and did that classic middle-aged man thing of recoiling in horror (internally, naturally) at the price of my needed new pair - over £400, and that was WITH a £50 discount for not having a second pair. But I suppose if I can keep these another 8 years the cost per year won't be too bad.

Mind you, they are lovely frames.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I have to wear glasses now to read or see detail. I go for the buy one get one free £20 plastic chunky jobs and they do fine. "

Ditto.

Too much screen time over the last decade has taken it's toll.

I dont splash out. If I did I can guarantee I'd break them a day or so later. So cheap frames and lenses and a new pair each year.

A

over a year ago

I wear them for vision.

Glasses on others aren't a turn on or turn off.

Cheap and cheerful.

F

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I've worn glasses since I was 7, for short sight, and had to wear them all day since my early 30s. After 8 years without an eye test I finally succumbed a few days ago, and did that classic middle-aged man thing of recoiling in horror (internally, naturally) at the price of my needed new pair - over £400, and that was WITH a £50 discount for not having a second pair. But I suppose if I can keep these another 8 years the cost per year won't be too bad.

Mind you, they are lovely frames. "

Thesp', I know that you wear the celebrated and the much coveted Tom Davies TD™ brand. Bespoke and hand-crafted.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"I've worn glasses since I was 7, for short sight, and had to wear them all day since my early 30s. After 8 years without an eye test I finally succumbed a few days ago, and did that classic middle-aged man thing of recoiling in horror (internally, naturally) at the price of my needed new pair - over £400, and that was WITH a £50 discount for not having a second pair. But I suppose if I can keep these another 8 years the cost per year won't be too bad.

Mind you, they are lovely frames.

Thesp', I know that you wear the celebrated and the much coveted Tom Davies TD™ brand. Bespoke and hand-crafted."

I wish I did! These are a charming pair, but definitely not bespoke.

The lenses are, however. Hence the price. I once bought a car for less and had great fun with it.

By *N4funCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Didn't need glasses until 30 then slowly changed to being as a blind as a bat without then, means I have to feel my way around a lot

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Yeah I wear them for computers, reading etc. Eyes are getting old now so having to rely on them more!

I don't particularly like or dislike them on me. I do like a woman in a pair of glasses though.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I wear reading glasses now. Can’t see close up.

I buy the cheapy 5 glasses for £10 type from Amazon as my big dog has a habit of hugging me and knocking them off my face or I sit on them.

Not particularly drawn to glasses wearers, if they wear them they need them is the way I look at it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I've just been thinking since this thread. I don't think I've ever been with a women that wears glasses and very few men. It's not been a conscious thing it's just the way it's been

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I wear varifocals with three lenses, close up, middle distance, and far distance. My eyes adjust to each part of the lens I look through and they've never bothered me. I do like my frames to have a bit of colour to them, though.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I spend way more on lenses than frames and wear them a lot of the time.

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I have glasses for distance and reading

Couldn’t get away with varifocals

My glasses pretty much stay on for everything

By *esi_maverickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I have prescription glasses never used to like wearing them but since I’ve changed frames i

Absolutely love them

By *ubyBlairWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow-ish / Edinburgh

Glasses wearer here… and in another world, my nickname is Velma which gives a hint of the glasses-geek look I often have.

I feel very naked without mine, not many people get to see me without them. I do love a well-timed glance over the top of my glasses though, directed at someone I’m heavily flirting with

By *eather_uktvTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

I went to the Opticians last summer. He asked me what my problem was and I told him I'm short sighted. He took me over to the window, told me to look up into the sky and asked me if I could see a big round orange thing. I said yes, then he said "thats the sun. It's 93 million miles away, how effing far do you want to see" ?

So I went to wilko and bought two pairs of reading glasses for six quid.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I went to the Opticians last summer. He asked me what my problem was and I told him I'm short sighted. He took me over to the window, told me to look up into the sky and asked me if I could see a big round orange thing. I said yes, then he said "thats the sun. It's 93 million miles away, how effing far do you want to see" ?

So I went to wilko and bought two pairs of reading glasses for six quid."

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

It's rather annoying trying to pluck my eyebrows whilst wearing glasses, as the rims obscure the view in the mirror.

Without them, however, I can't see my eyebrows to pluck them.

over a year ago

I wear them, but they are annoying in the rain! Would feel weird to not wear them now though

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Yeah I wear them for computers, reading etc. Eyes are getting old now so having to rely on them more!

I don't particularly like or dislike them on me. I do like a woman in a pair of glasses though. "

Måggy, would you make love to a woman in glasses (or one who wore a monocle)...?

over a year ago

North West

"It's rather annoying trying to pluck my eyebrows whilst wearing glasses, as the rims obscure the view in the mirror.

Without them, however, I can't see my eyebrows to pluck them."

I just don't pluck my eyebrows

By *weetkitten65Woman
over a year ago

Halifax

I love wearing my glasses they make me feel more confident & sexy..plus I can also see

Had lots of compliments...

Though if anyone said I would look better without I'd reply they'd look better to me too...

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

Dear bespectacled forumites, thank you kindly for all your gracious responses about your love, lurve and lust for glasses.

Post new Message to Thread