Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How to stop fake profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've had a lot of fake profiles message me in the past and I've heard others have the same problem so I thought I'd share a really useful website to help spot them.

https://tineye.com/

I use this website to do a reverse image search on images they send and it usually finds some results, especially for topless and other sexy photos they send.

If I get any results there I report the profile.

Anyway, thought it might help some other people out!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Are people still using tineye after all these years..

I used to like tineye.. I use Google reverse image

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Are people still using tineye after all these years..

"

Bet you were using tin eye long before sliced bread eh grammar?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

To be fair since I first started using tineye 15 years ago it's always been better than Google reverse. Obviously if you're browsing in chrome then GR is quicker and no need to save/copy an image.

But OP - it's been a stable tool of many site users since its existed.

Sadly many slip through the pic mods nets but just keep reporting any suspicious images. Just because they're elsewhere doesn't always mean they're not genuine, as many have content on other sites. But it's a useful tool if you're in doubt.

A

By *oupdragonMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I reported a couples profile last night after seeing pictures I took of my late wife taken a few years ago.

I can prove there are fake since I have the rest of the pics on the set . Don’t understand since there are verified by a few people. On asking why they didn’t respond . Just hope admin get back since I was unable to attach a picture as proof .

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

To be fair since I first started using tineye 15 years ago it's always been better than Google reverse. Obviously if you're browsing in chrome then GR is quicker and no need to save/copy an image.

Sadly many slip through the pic mods nets but just keep reporting any suspicious images. Just because they're elsewhere doesn't always mean they're not genuine, as many have content on other sites. But it's a useful tool if you're in doubt.

A"

Reverse image search no longer works in chrome and hasn't for about 6 months now but I'm not sure if that's only on the Android version.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I can't be bothered with the checking of photos in that manner, complete waste of my time...I just move on if I think a profile is fake..

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"

I use both.

By *oupdragonMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I wouldn’t have bothered to report it but it’s the fact my wife died of cancer two years ago and feel it’s just below the belt . But life is full of weird people I suppose

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Bet you were using tin eye long before sliced bread eh grammar?"

Before tineye I used to go knocking on doors and holding up pencil sketches !!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

Reverse image search no longer works in chrome and hasn't for about 6 months now but I'm not sure if that's only on the Android version. "

Works on mine. I just hit the camera icon in the search box and added a screenshot Fox had sent me of a dress she wants and it took me straight to the retailers website.

It's called 'Google lens' now but does the same job.

A

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

A

Reverse image search no longer works in chrome and hasn't for about 6 months now but I'm not sure if that's only on the Android version.

Works on mine. I just hit the camera icon in the search box and added a screenshot Fox had sent me of a dress she wants and it took me straight to the retailers website.

A"

I've used Google lens but it used to open automatically when long pressing on a pic and you could search the pic in situ rather than having to download it.

over a year ago

"

A"

Woah. That's brilliant. Just tried it, and it works. (New technology always surprises me...a bit like neanderthal man making fire for the first time).

Thanks A, great advice

By *ickdasterdly51Man
over a year ago

Lingfield

"I wouldn’t have bothered to report it but it’s the fact my wife died of cancer two years ago and feel it’s just below the belt . But life is full of weird people I suppose "

That must be really upsetting for you, I really hope that admin sort it and quickly.

By *orphia2003Woman
over a year ago

Tonypandy.

Best one I ever had was guy using an image of Paul Hollywood. OK, it was a pretty obscure image, taken at launch night of new brewery in London. (The owner was son of family friend or something similar)

Problem is, I was at the launch.

So when this guy was adamant the image was him, started asking him obscure questions.

over a year ago

Or men, top tip for you.

If a newly formed profile of a gorgeous twenty something messages you wanting to do the sex stuff, there's a chance, just a slight chance mind, it might be Dave in his mam's bedroom.

Or you know, give it a whirl and see what happens.

By *illDoXXXMan
over a year ago

Preston

Ha, that’s never happened to me fake or otherwise!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Or men, top tip for you.

If a newly formed profile of a gorgeous twenty something messages you wanting to do the sex stuff, there's a chance, just a slight chance mind, it might be Dave in his mam's bedroom.

Or you know, give it a whirl and see what happens.

"

I, for one, appreciate Dave's compliments.

Thanks Dave

Post new Message to Thread