FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

So… spurs fans.. can we talk you off the ledge now?

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So….. what gives?

It was obvious that conte was trying to get himself sacked after the last tirade (classic by the way)…

So a few questions…

Who do you want next?

When does it stop being about the managers and you look at the owners?

I was trying to think of managers who have improved their reputation by going to spurs… other than poch, who?

I know loads of people are going to want naglesman.. why would he want the job?

And I managed to get through all this without laughing once…..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I know this was the middle of the night post.. so just bumping it up for opinions

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

The owners don’t play pre historic football with no attacking ambition. For the most part he’s been well backed by them I think.

The issue with the owners is bringing in Conte/Mourinho types and not giving them the player profiles they want.

I’m a Gooner and find this fucking hilarious btw

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

I want Poch back. And Rose, Walker, Aldeweireld, and Vertonghen at the back. Dembelé as the CDM pivot, Dele Alli pulling his tricks. I want to have beaten Chelsea in the Battle of Stamford Bridge. I want to have kept the unfit and injured Kane out of that Champions League final, because if ever a player were on fire it was Moura.

I want Daniel Levy out, and the purse-strings held by someone who is not a Liverpool supporter.

Yes, I want the impossible, the fantastical, the counter-historical. I am ridicule and mockery-proof. I am a Spurs fan.

Passio ergo sum.

By *aekaeWoman
over a year ago

Between a cock and a soft place

"So….. what gives?

It was obvious that conte was trying to get himself sacked after the last tirade (classic by the way)…

So a few questions…

Who do you want next?

I was trying to think of managers who have improved their reputation by going to spurs… other than poch, who?

And I managed to get through all this without laughing once….."

"When does it stop being about the managers and you look at the owners?"

23 years of Levys tenure.

5 trophys they've been fighting for.

Premier League.

FA Cup.

Champions League.

League/Carabao Cup.

Europa League.

115 attempts at winning a cup and only a CL semi final and the League Cup (decades ago) to show for it.

A lot of what Conte said was wrong. But a lot was spot on.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So….. what gives?

So a few questions…

Who do you want next?

And I managed to get through all this without laughing once….."

They only go for the money, a really true Soccer manager would not go to Spurs , well if he was truly interested in his career as a Soccer manager he wouldn't .

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

To be fair, Nagelsmann would be an amazing appointment for them. I think he'd not only be able to get the best out of certain players already there but can do well with a few shrewd signing while playing a decent style of football that Spurs fans have been starved of since Poch.

I don't want to make this about United but people were also asking why Ten Hag would want the job when we were in crisis and I suppose the simple answer is that managers are so full of pride, they think they can be the ones to turn it around.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

They do like to zip through managers.

You could draw inference perhaps that it might not actually be the managers fault and more ENIC who has allowed the club to be perennially on the verge of success but never quite making it.

over a year ago

"They do like to zip through managers.

You could draw inference perhaps that it might not actually be the managers fault and more ENIC who has allowed the club to be perennially on the verge of success but never quite making it.

"

Just jump!

By *aekaeWoman
over a year ago

"To be fair, Nagelsmann would be an amazing appointment for them. I think he'd not only be able to get the best out of certain players already there but can do well with a few shrewd signing while playing a decent style of football that Spurs fans have been starved of since Poch.

I don't want to make this about United but people were also asking why Ten Hag would want the job when we were in crisis and I suppose the simple answer is that managers are so full of pride, they think they can be the ones to turn it around."

In fairness TH does seem to have changed things for the better.

Liverpool result aside, they seem to be going in the right direction.

The latest farce at Spurs.....

I'm expecting Brian Rix to walk in at any moment, drop his trousers and say fnarrrrr fnarrrrr.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Not a spurs fan. But in regards to nagelsmann, after Bayern there's few places to go.

He could wait for Real Madrid. Or go to Paris if he's not really after a challenge.

That leaves the premier League where all the top managers have congregated.

Doesn't look like pep is leaving, unless he wins the champions league and then does call it a day. Klopp is staying. Ten Hag is solid at United.

So that leaves Chelsea. He could wait for potter to be sacked. They're saying they're happy to give him more time.

Do next options would be spurs and Newcastle probably now. Howe looks solid at Newcastle.

There's not a lot of choice at that level. Why poch has just been lurking around waiting.

By *illan-KillashMan
over a year ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"Not a spurs fan. But in regards to nagelsmann, after Bayern there's few places to go.

He could wait for Real Madrid. Or go to Paris if he's not really after a challenge.

Doesn't look like pep is leaving, unless he wins the champions league and then does call it a day. Klopp is staying. Ten Hag is solid at United.

So that leaves Chelsea. He could wait for potter to be sacked. They're saying they're happy to give him more time.

Do next options would be spurs and Newcastle probably now. Howe looks solid at Newcastle.

There's not a lot of choice at that level. Why poch has just been lurking around waiting. "

The gossip pages are suggesting he's hanging on for Real or PSG.

Ancelloti would be a tough act to follow, PSG a dressing room ruled by egos......

Please God Potter gets time at Chelsea, he's a great manager.

I'll admit to at Spurs....... a lot.

By *aekaeWoman
over a year ago

"Not a spurs fan. But in regards to nagelsmann, after Bayern there's few places to go.

There's not a lot of choice at that level. Why poch has just been lurking around waiting.

Ancelloti would be a tough act to follow, PSG a dressing room ruled by egos......

I'll admit to at Spurs....... a lot."

The God's were not kind to you.

By *illan-KillashMan
over a year ago

I'll admit to at Spurs....... a lot.

The God's were not kind to you."

They rarely are.

By *oinerbillMan
over a year ago

warrington

Watched them on Monday, terrible

As for harry Kane, what a disgrace. Ok it was a straight red, but Kane going down like he did was so embarassing. England captain, hang your head in shame

over a year ago

Play terrible , no confidence , not good from the top down ...YET WE STILL FIND OURSELVES 4TH IN LEAGUE .ha ha ha how I have no idea . Could be worse . We could be Liverpool . Now that's a decline n half

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

By *illan-KillashMan
over a year ago

*ahemcough Newcastle........

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

"Play terrible , no confidence , not good from the top down ...YET WE STILL FIND OURSELVES 4TH IN LEAGUE .ha ha ha how I have no idea . Could be worse . We could be Liverpool . Now that's a decline n half "

Liverpool living rent free in your head. Lol.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

That was a pretty brutal showing from Spurs today. Kane can't seriously consider signing a new deal with these lot. If he does sign a new deal, it will a bigger bottle job than Arsenal in the league.

over a year ago

"*ahemcough Newcastle........ "

Are coming through.

By *imbo59seMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

Spurs supporter all my (long) life.... I know, I know

I like my ledge, I've made it very comfortable over far too many years to leave it now

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

How many managers have they had in the last three years I can’t keep up?

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"How many managers have they had in the last three years I can’t keep up? "

Forget that malarkey.. I am just trying to keep up with how many times mason has now been interim manager….

P.s if nagelsmann didn’t like the Chelsea project he is going to laugh spurs out the building… we know luis Enrique isn’t taking that phone call either!

By *illan-KillashMan
over a year ago

"How many managers have they had in the last three years I can’t keep up?

Forget that malarkey.. I am just trying to keep up with how many times mason has now been interim manager….

P.s if nagelsmann didn’t like the Chelsea project he is going to laugh spurs out the building… we know luis Enrique isn’t taking that phone call either!

"

Harry's available.

By *ed and WolfieCouple
over a year ago

Gravesend

No-one has mentioned Hoddle or Klinsman yet. Both ex spurs legends and national managers.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"

Sol Campbell is always talking about his lack of managerial opportunities

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Sol Campbell is always talking about his lack of managerial opportunities "

It is not beyond the realm of Spursy to manifest this into being.

By *issalignedTV/TS
over a year ago

London

Shamima Begum Is still looking for a way back to the UK

By *aekaeWoman
over a year ago

Harry's available. "

So is Big Sam, unless Leeds grab him first.

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Leeds have got Big Sam.

The search goes on for the next Spursey manager.

By *aekaeWoman
over a year ago

"Leeds have got Big Sam.

The search goes on for the next Spursey manager."

Give Mason a chance. He's managed them before, knows the team, the club, the history....

By *illan-KillashMan
over a year ago

"Leeds have got Big Sam.

Give Mason a chance. He's managed them before, knows the team, the club, the history...."

And he's probably less expensive than any of the other big names being mentioned.

I think Frank Lampard will be available soon too.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Leeds have got Big Sam.

Give Mason a chance. He's managed them before, knows the team, the club, the history...."

I know Spurs need a rebuild, but Ryan Mason is not the person to spearhead that

By *ickNick500Man
over a year ago

Herts

"No-one has mentioned Hoddle or Klinsman yet. Both ex spurs legends and national managers. "

Agree both are legends. Klinnsmann was on TV practically begging for the job after they sacked Nuno. He's taken the South Korea job now though. Hoddle has probably been out of the game for too long and has also had heart trouble.

Graham Potter is now also in the frame it seems. With hindsight his record at C****** wasn't so bad compared with 007 Fwank!

Am going to Palace game tomorrow. Dreading it!

By *NL Social SpurschickWoman
over a year ago

Social Zone

It is not beyond the realm of Spursy to manifest this into being. "

Never in hundred years of Sundays will that happen

By *aekaeWoman
over a year ago

Never in hundred years of Sundays will that happen "

Who do you fancy for the job Chick?

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Never in hundred years of Sundays will that happen

Who do you fancy for the job Chick?"

Not if she gets her way keeping them out at 2am in the morning on a Friday/Saturday

Post new Message to Thread