Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

See Who’s Near

Jump to newest

By *arko B OP   Man
over a year ago

Dartford

Has this feature ever worked for anyone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Yes

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Well it shows me who is near so erm, yes

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Of course

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No because I turn it off ! I find it creepy as fuck but that's just me

over a year ago

"Has this feature ever worked for anyone?"

Yes several times, tends to be when women or couples who are not near home, tend to be more likely up for some fun.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It shows who's near, yes.

It also works for people who watch it regularly and think they can invite themselves over because they think they know where you live. But by "works", I mean "lets creeps reveal themselves"

over a year ago

It’s a nice to have features. Just because I can accommodate doesn’t mean I will

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s a nice to have features. Just because I can accommodate doesn’t mean I will "

For sure.

On balance mine is off, but I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Don't use it and rarely have it turned on but have had a couple of messages from couples when I have.

Once when they expected me to come to their hotel straight away and were told politely to toddle off.

Once during the easing of lockdown restrictions when a couple were in the area while I was dog walking and we had a socially distanced chat on the street.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It shows who's near, yes.

It also works for people who watch it regularly and think they can invite themselves over because they think they know where you live. But by "works", I mean "lets creeps reveal themselves""

We've been messaged by someone saying "I'm at the services near you for a couple of hours on my way home - fancy a quickie?"

And we don't even have the 'who's near me'switched on!

Fuck knows what kind of approaches we'd get if we did. How the fuck does anyone know where we are when our location is an entire county!

A

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It also works for people who watch it regularly and think they can invite themselves over because they think they know where you live. But by "works", I mean "lets creeps reveal themselves"

We've been messaged by someone saying "I'm at the services near you for a couple of hours on my way home - fancy a quickie?"

Fuck knows what kind of approaches we'd get if we did. How the fuck does anyone know where we are when our location is an entire county!

A"

I did for awhile and started to get messages (years ago) saying "you always seem to be near me when I'm in (shop/café near me). Want me to come around and..."

No I don't. Ta.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

I did for awhile and started to get messages (years ago) saying "you always seem to be near me when I'm in (shop/café near me). Want me to come around and..."

No I don't. Ta."

Hoover the carpet?

Wash your windows?

Do the ironing?

But why not........

A

over a year ago

A

No I don't. Ta."

Nearest it shows is within a quarter of a mile. Handy in the big city's or you know who is at the club.

Could save you approaching them or might mean it's not a bad idea to approach them.

Can really utilise the site.

Some women just log in and reply to messages and don't know how it works at all.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Of course it does, thats why its there

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

A

No I don't. Ta.

Nearest it shows is within a quarter of a mile. Handy in the big city's or you know who is at the club.

Could save you approaching them or might mean it's not a bad idea to approach them.

Can really utilise the site.

Some women just log in and reply to messages and don't know how it works at all.

"

Thanks for your perspective. It's also useful for creeps, which is my perspective, and is why mine is turned off.

over a year ago

Actually it did once and we wound up meeting the ever elusive unicorn into the bargain

Generally I've only ever seen hordes of single guys so it's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.

By *talianabsMan
over a year ago

London

I find it's usually late on Friday and Saturday nights when people have been out and don't want the party to stop!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I find it's usually late on Friday and Saturday nights when people have been out and don't want the party to stop!"

I find that the worst. I log in to reply to a message, and "oh you're near me, let's keep going"

I'm going to bed, no

By *arko B OP   Man
over a year ago

Dartford

"

No I don't. Ta."

Thought so, because this happened to me and I’m not sure if it’s because it’s too close to home? Or maybe just not interested.

Because if a woman close to me popped up asking me this, I would accept but we would have to meet ever so discreetly.

over a year ago

"Has this feature ever worked for anyone?"

Yes.

over a year ago

We it has on one occasion shown me that an alleged meet was not on their way and just around the corner

over a year ago

It's been a bit hit and miss for us, as the feature has showed us in a location that we were nowhere near? We were in the far north of Scotland last June in Kildonan, in the wilderness hiking, yet according to see who's near, we were in Chester!

We don't use it much now, as it started to wear a bit thin when we kept getting messages from the usual suspects that were 'passing through your village in ten minutes, fancy a meet' so it got a bit creepy to be honest? We used it on holiday in PDI over Christmas and New Year, but didn't get any results, so we don't really use it at home now? Guess we'll give it a try sometime if we're out of our local area?

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"It's been a bit hit and miss for us, as the feature has showed us in a location that we were nowhere near? We were in the far north of Scotland last June in Kildonan, in the wilderness hiking, yet according to see who's near, we were in Chester!

We don't use it much now, as it started to wear a bit thin when we kept getting messages from the usual suspects that were 'passing through your village in ten minutes, fancy a meet' so it got a bit creepy to be honest? We used it on holiday in PDI over Christmas and New Year, but didn't get any results, so we don't really use it at home now? Guess we'll give it a try sometime if we're out of our local area?"

Hey you two! Been ages. You definitely need to use it when next in Oxford

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I've never had it switched on

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I’ve never switched it on either. Quite on purpose

over a year ago

Nah was waste of time

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

I occasionally turn it on briefly so that I can block anyone who is in close proximity. I prefer to keep fab and my home life very separate.

over a year ago

Yes, it tells me who's near

over a year ago

Yep works for me, sometimes a bit slow updating my position if I’m moving around though

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Yes. On holiday twice.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Oh and once when I was away for a weekend with vanilla friends and couldn’t slip away.

By *inger_the_NinjaMan
over a year ago

Frome

Working away from home it worked. One time I found out I was less than a mile away from someone I'd hooked up with here before, but in a totally different place.

By *oldyoudown41Man
over a year ago

caledonian

"No because I turn it off ! I find it creepy as fuck but that's just me "

That’s a shame

By *arko B OP   Man
over a year ago

Dartford

"I occasionally turn it on briefly so that I can block anyone who is in close proximity. I prefer to keep fab and my home life very separate. "

Now this makes perfect sense & I totally understand & agree with this because fab is literally upmost with my biggest secrets, discretion is key. Love that

Post new Message to Thread