Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Nationwide Ad..........

Jump to newest

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

The bloke that says........

Do you need all that milk ? I mean , leaving 25p worth of milk in the bowl right ? Okay thats going a bit far but yada yada yada..........

Is it illegal if I find him and thump him ? Or should my beef be with the Nationwide ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ycanNightsMan
over a year ago

Workington

"The bloke that says........

Do you need all that milk ? I mean , leaving 25p worth of milk in the bowl right ? Okay thats going a bit far but yada yada yada..........

Is it illegal if I find him and thump him ? Or should my beef be with the Nationwide ?"

Hunt him down...and make him pay

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Your beef should be with the ad men, the nationwide and *them". The them that are subtly and not so subtly making people think it's a virtue to be so concerned about money and 25p worth of milk in your kids cereal bowl instead of properly addressing the problems that have lead us here

But I suspect you know that

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Maybe he's right. Maybe if I stopped logging on here and took less milk on my cereal I could buy a second house by Autumn.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Maybe he's right. Maybe if I stopped logging on here and took less milk on my cereal I could buy a second house by Autumn. "

You could! You only need work a bit harder, give your imaginary children less milk and this time next week you'll be asking the national grid to heat your swimming pool...or something

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Your beef should be with the ad men, the nationwide and *them". The them that are subtly and not so subtly making people think it's a virtue to be so concerned about money and 25p worth of milk in your kids cereal bowl instead of properly addressing the problems that have lead us here

But I suspect you know that "

It just rattles my cage so much. I even count my cornflakes now.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I’d Say your beef is with nationwide. Go rob em granny

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I’d Say your beef is with nationwide. Go rob em granny "

Might have to if i keep putting milk on me flakes ! I'd do it in daylight tho ....

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Your beef should be with the ad men, the nationwide and *them". The them that are subtly and not so subtly making people think it's a virtue to be so concerned about money and 25p worth of milk in your kids cereal bowl instead of properly addressing the problems that have lead us here

But I suspect you know that

It just rattles my cage so much. I even count my cornflakes now."

So you should! But take heart! Left over cornflakes and milk make an excellent paste with which to repair the hole in your shoe.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I’d Say your beef is with nationwide. Go rob em granny

Might have to if i keep putting milk on me flakes ! I'd do it in daylight tho .... "

Make sure you put some tights on your head. And try not to take my £8.72 in my account. I need it

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Might have to if i keep putting milk on me flakes ! I'd do it in daylight tho ....

Make sure you put some tights on your head. And try not to take my £8.72 in my account. I need it "

Pft. Some people just can’t help flaunting their wealth at every available opportunity

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

It's not just 25p; it's 25p a day for at least 15 years, that's £1,368.75. Oh to be so rich to consider that this amount is nothing.

Plus, there's the issue of food waste; a third if all food is wasted; potentially, that's over 60 million meals a day in this country alone. When 7 billion people do something that is considered to be trivial, on a global scale, it's a huge, planet crippling thing.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It's not just 25p; it's 25p a day for at least 15 years, that's £1,368.75. Oh to be so rich to consider that this amount is nothing.

Plus, there's the issue of food waste; a third if all food is wasted; potentially, that's over 60 million meals a day in this country alone. When 7 billion people do something that is considered to be trivial, on a global scale, it's a huge, planet crippling thing."

Is that the message this as is giving?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Maybe he's right. Maybe if I stopped logging on here and took less milk on my cereal I could buy a second house by Autumn. "
why do you need a second home and would it be in Devon granny?

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

Make sure you put some tights on your head. And try not to take my £8.72 in my account. I need it "

Can I borrow a fiver please

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

"It's not just 25p; it's 25p a day for at least 15 years, that's £1,368.75. Oh to be so rich to consider that this amount is nothing.

Plus, there's the issue of food waste; a third if all food is wasted; potentially, that's over 60 million meals a day in this country alone. When 7 billion people do something that is considered to be trivial, on a global scale, it's a huge, planet crippling thing.

Is that the message this as is giving?"

To be honest, I haven't seen the ad, it's sounds like it's a "look after the pennies and the pounds the pounds will look after themselves " kind of message. But if it doubles as a "consider your actions no matter how small and then consider the impact of these actions on a global scale" kind of message, then that's not a bad thing.

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Maybe he's right. Maybe if I stopped logging on here and took less milk on my cereal I could buy a second house by Autumn. why do you need a second home and would it be in Devon granny? "

I don't need another home but apparently if I stop putting milk on my cereal I can have one and save the planet.

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

To be honest, I haven't seen the ad, it's sounds like it's a "look after the pennies and the pounds the pounds will look after themselves " kind of message. But if it doubles as a "consider your actions no matter how small and then consider the impact of these actions on a global scale" kind of message, then that's not a bad thing."

I follow your sentiment but not your maths ...

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Make sure you put some tights on your head. And try not to take my £8.72 in my account. I need it

Can I borrow a fiver please "

That's at least 20 servings of milk

By *.T.Man
over a year ago

Belfast

I am fed up with the constand bombardment of us having to make changes to save the planet when there are countries that contribute to global warming on an industrial scale.

I have to get rid of my motorcycles, change my car for an electric one, use public transport (even though I live out in the sticks). I have to change my oil boiler for a ground source heat pump, get taxed to the hilt to run everything. I have dogs so no food ever goes to waste. But having everyone tell me that I'm the problem is wearing a bit thin.

I doubt that the UN will go to China and saying "Come on now, stop burning fossil fuels and polluting the planet. If Selfish Fucker in the UK can do it, so can you"

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

and from my perspective .... these types of ads , if honest, would read.....

We fuck up the world but you can take the guilt......

It isn't Mr. and Mrs. Cornflake that need to fix their ways ...

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I am fed up with the constand bombardment of us having to make changes to save the planet when there are countries that contribute to global warming on an industrial scale.

I have to get rid of my motorcycles, change my car for an electric one, use public transport (even though I live out in the sticks). I have to change my oil boiler for a ground source heat pump, get taxed to the hilt to run everything. I have dogs so no food ever goes to waste. But having everyone tell me that I'm the problem is wearing a bit thin.

I doubt that the UN will go to China and saying "Come on now, stop burning fossil fuels and polluting the planet. If Selfish Fucker in the UK can do it, so can you""

Please send a photo of how much milk you use on your flakes so that I can see you are genuine...

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

Can I borrow a fiver please

That's at least 20 servings of milk "

I know. I need a whole box of Crunchy Nut cornflakes after reading this

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

"Maybe he's right. Maybe if I stopped logging on here and took less milk on my cereal I could buy a second house by Autumn. why do you need a second home and would it be in Devon granny?

I don't need another home but apparently if I stop putting milk on my cereal I can have one and save the planet. "

Save it for your grand kids, they and their children are the ones that'll have to live with the issues that we've help create, not us.

By *.T.Man
over a year ago

Belfast

"I am fed up with the constand bombardment of us having to make changes to save the planet when there are countries that contribute to global warming on an industrial scale.

I doubt that the UN will go to China and saying "Come on now, stop burning fossil fuels and polluting the planet. If Selfish Fucker in the UK can do it, so can you"

Please send a photo of how much milk you use on your flakes so that I can see you are genuine... "

I use all of it, a full pint straight into the box and eat until I burst.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Maybe he's right. Maybe if I stopped logging on here and took less milk on my cereal I could buy a second house by Autumn. why do you need a second home and would it be in Devon granny?

I don't need another home but apparently if I stop putting milk on my cereal I can have one and save the planet. "

yes but then you'll be eating wheat

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"and from my perspective .... these types of ads , if honest, would read.....

We fuck up the world but you can take the guilt......

It isn't Mr. and Mrs. Cornflake that need to fix their ways ... "

Amen to that Granny.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

To be honest, I haven't seen the ad, it's sounds like it's a "look after the pennies and the pounds the pounds will look after themselves " kind of message. But if it doubles as a "consider your actions no matter how small and then consider the impact of these actions on a global scale" kind of message, then that's not a bad thing."

It's a 'we know you plebs are struggling due to the monumental cock ups we have made. Here is how you live on very little money and enjoy it because that is what you need to do to put our mistakes right. If you really struggle here's advice from an incredibly rich institution '

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

Is it not a wastes not want not sort of ad where a Dad is trying to instill some values into his children and trying to make ends meet. Can see no wrong in that. I view that as good parenting.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Plus, there's the issue of food waste; a third if all food is wasted; potentially, that's over 60 million meals a day in this country alone. When 7 billion people do something that is considered to be trivial, on a global scale, it's a huge, planet crippling thing."

Quite so ..

More milk = more cows needed= more cow farts polluting the atmosphere...

I feel nationwide should have added the cow farts into their add...

Post new Message to Thread