Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Doomsayers unite….

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are we fucked, like proper fucked? Have we destroyed our children’s future? I watch seaspiracy on Netflix earlier and it’s all very depressing, can we turn it around, I feel like I was born in the ‘fuck around‘ century and now we are in the ‘find out’ century ….. anyone else truly scared for the future, are we having a party to celebrate ? What is going on

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We are definitely in the 'find out ' century, but I don't think we've ruined our kids future's. I see all that's happening as something of a 'recalibration', some will make it through and some won't. Earth's always had these - every 300yrs there's groups of people that 'have their turn' at being top dog, so to speak. It's always messy for a few years but settles. We are in end times right now, the ending of an era - I'm leaning into it and find it all fascinating

over a year ago

Don’t believe all you read in the press.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"We are definitely in the 'find out ' century, but I don't think we've ruined our kids future's. I see all that's happening as something of a 'recalibration', some will make it through and some won't. Earth's always had these - every 300yrs there's groups of people that 'have their turn' at being top dog, so to speak. It's always messy for a few years but settles. We are in end times right now, the ending of an era - I'm leaning into it and find it all fascinating "
I agree and think that is a healthy way of embracing the inevitable change and adaption needed.

By *ycanNightsMan
over a year ago

Workington

Change, adaptation...will there will challenges ? Absolutely. But the human race has always shown a flair solutions to what can seem existential threats.

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

No idea, I know the Earth will probably always be here, wether humans are or not is a different matter

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

Looking at the IPCC reports, the dogs' breakfast that is the annual COP summits, the massive vested interests of the political and corporate classes worldwide and the human capacity for not grasping the scope of multi-generational change: we've messed up the planet; we continue to mess up the planet and we won't stop; yes, as a species we're screwed.

If you think "it'll all work out in the end", you haven't grasped what we've done.

By *pank the MonkeyCouple
over a year ago

Down the Rabbit Hole and Round the Corner

Of course we are fucked, well the planet is anyway, and yes we fucked it up. Will we survive, some of us will and most of us won't. At some point humanity is going to have to admit to over population and take ownership of it. Population control in conjunction with climate control will have to be brought to the fore and that time is rapidly approaching. Of course we always have to remember that humans and inheritly greedy and this greed will be the biggest hurdle to humanity's survival.

By *eorge1949Man
over a year ago

BroadwayWR11

History is full of the rise, fall and decline of empires and the UK is well on the same downward slippery slope as so may before it.

The ever rising number of net receivers, for whatever reasons and I make no accusations, and the demands by all, media in particular, upon the state to provide ever more, all being paid for by an ever decreasing number of net

contributers and wealth creaters ruled by successions of governments more interested in short term staying in power than they are for the long term prosperity of the nation.

How will it end, how can it change, is beyond a simple bloke like me, but it is so sad to see the nation with such potential decline.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Remember the hole in the ozone layer ? COVID? the plague ? Famines, world wars…. This human & it’s capitalism are pretty resilient to anything.

Seriously though, things tend to get fixed by the clever scientists only when they need to, I think they are like you lot, procrastinators etc

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"History is full of the rise, fall and decline of empires and the UK is well on the same downward slippery slope as so may before it.

The ever rising number of net receivers, for whatever reasons and I make no accusations, and the demands by all, media in particular, upon the state to provide ever more, all being paid for by an ever decreasing number of net

contributers and wealth creaters ruled by successions of governments more interested in short term staying in power than they are for the long term prosperity of the nation.

How will it end, how can it change, is beyond a simple bloke like me, but it is so sad to see the nation with such potential decline."

There is an interesting little book written by the father of Jacob Reece Mogg called the sovereign individual, it explains why things like Brexit are so important to the rich , and what’s going to happen to all the poor people and the NHS. Probably worth the not so clever UK people reading before loving up the Tories or Libertarians again

By *ycanNightsMan
over a year ago

Workington

"History is full of the rise, fall and decline of empires and the UK is well on the same downward slippery slope as so may before it.

How will it end, how can it change, is beyond a simple bloke like me, but it is so sad to see the nation with such potential decline.

There is an interesting little book written by the father of Jacob Reece Mogg called the sovereign individual, it explains why things like Brexit are so important to the rich , and what’s going to happen to all the poor people and the NHS. Probably worth the not so clever UK people reading before loving up the Tories or Libertarians again

"

It's not what I'd call a good read...but certainly explains a lot about what has been happening and the direction of travel...if certain people get there way.

over a year ago

"

I'm not going to bother with anything produced by a person responsible for creating Jacob Reece Mogg.

over a year ago

Yep we're fucked, run for the hills and mass buy toilet roll, bleach and cornflakes

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I'm not going to bother with anything produced by a person responsible for creating Jacob Reece Mogg. "

Fair point but don’t complain I didn’t warm you when Boris uses his funny posh voice to trick you into voting for him again and then closes down all your free hospitals

over a year ago

I'm not going to bother with anything produced by a person responsible for creating Jacob Reece Mogg.

Fair point but don’t complain I didn’t warm you when Boris uses his funny posh voice to trick you into voting for him again and then closes down all your free hospitals "

A loaded gun would make me vote for Johnson

By *ycanNightsMan
over a year ago

Workington

Fair point but don’t complain I didn’t warm you when Boris uses his funny posh voice to trick you into voting for him again and then closes down all your free hospitals

A loaded gun would make me vote for Johnson"

Given how people in this country consistently vote against their own Interests... nothing in politics is a suprise these days.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It's not what I'd call a good read...but certainly explains a lot about what has been happening and the direction of travel...if certain people get there way."

They have already got their way, they own all the value creating assets and land. Poor people are racist enough they hardly need any brainwashing by the daily mail, they will never get off the sofa and fight for better whilst Eastenders is still showing.

By *ycanNightsMan
over a year ago

Workington

It's not what I'd call a good read...but certainly explains a lot about what has been happening and the direction of travel...if certain people get there way.

They have already got their way, they own all the value creating assets and land. Poor people are racist enough they hardly need any brainwashing by the daily mail, they will never get off the sofa and fight for better whilst Eastenders is still showing."

Im not quite as pessimistic as yourself...but not saying your points don't hold validity.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

A loaded gun would make me vote for Johnson

Given how people in this country consistently vote against their own Interests... nothing in politics is a suprise these days."

In public everyone hates the Tories, in private they love and vote people like Boris, he’s so British, good and proper chap.

By *eorge1949Man
over a year ago

BroadwayWR11

"

Im not quite as pessimistic as yourself...but not saying your points don't hold validity. "

I refer to it as practical realism rather than pessimism and whilst I would love to feel optimistic I really don't see any grounds for optimism.

It is easy to increase benefits and reduce taxation to get votes but sooner or later somebody, and by somebody I mean those who pay for everything in the end - the UK taxpayer - has to pick up the bill.

over a year ago

"We are definitely in the 'find out ' century, but I don't think we've ruined our kids future's. I see all that's happening as something of a 'recalibration', some will make it through and some won't. Earth's always had these - every 300yrs there's groups of people that 'have their turn' at being top dog, so to speak. It's always messy for a few years but settles. We are in end times right now, the ending of an era - I'm leaning into it and find it all fascinating "

im just at the point where I feel for the younger generations, I don’t like the sound of end times although the philosophy of we are still the caterpillar and the butterfly will be something beautiful gives me joy, I also think there’s a lot of doom and gloom experts making a lot of personal money out of the impending shit show

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes us humans have well and truly fucked this world up! X

over a year ago

John is definitely a prepper. He has a grab bag for us both with rations and survival equipment plus his guns in the cabinet. Think he secretly wants the world to go kaput. Haha. Xx

By *eorge1949Man
over a year ago

BroadwayWR11

"Yes us humans have well and truly fucked this world up! X"

Ain't that a fact!!

over a year ago

"We are definitely in the 'find out ' century, but I don't think we've ruined our kids future's. I see all that's happening as something of a 'recalibration', some will make it through and some won't. Earth's always had these - every 300yrs there's groups of people that 'have their turn' at being top dog, so to speak. It's always messy for a few years but settles. We are in end times right now, the ending of an era - I'm leaning into it and find it all fascinating

im just at the point where I feel for the younger generations, I don’t like the sound of end times although the philosophy of we are still the caterpillar and the butterfly will be something beautiful gives me joy, I also think there’s a lot of doom and gloom experts making a lot of personal money out of the impending shit show "

Absolutely there are profiteers making a mint out of the doom and gloom. But we can only do our bit, try and stay strong for the younger one's but they'll get through it and adjust. I'm not religious (save that for another day) but a lot of what's going on now was foretold so there have been warnings

By *eorge1949Man
over a year ago

BroadwayWR11

One of the ways out of the downward spiral may be to stop resenting anyone who has more that we do and makes loadsa money and start emulating them.

over a year ago

It’s just it could be so much better, if we stopped commercial fishing for ten years worldwide and just left it to the smaller family boats then yes price of fish through the roof but then booming food source and the food chain would be restored, if we literally stopped making plastic, not just horse shit recycle it which we don’t do we just send it to Indonesia and other beautiful places and they burn it, then the oceans would be cleaned, if we went to solar and wind rather than more holes in the ground, there’s too many ifs and all the billionaires care about is making more money, at this point in all this do we actually deserve a beautiful planet

over a year ago

"One of the ways out of the downward spiral may be to stop resenting anyone who has more that we do and makes loadsa money and start emulating them."
See, I've always had this mindset. Not the resenting bit, because 'more' doesn't always equate to 'better' but don't be fooled - there's unlimited amounts of cash out there that's only going to a select few. Anyone, absolutely anyone can get a share if they put their minds to it and stop being bogged down with the small stuff we can't do much about should they so desire

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Human life will be shorter than the planet's. It's just a tragedy that we're taking so much more of the rest of life here with us.

Global heating is likely to be catastrophic for millions of people in the future. We seem unwilling to want to adjust much at all, so the future will pay the price.

We have some simple, if uncomfortable choices. No brainers really.

Our greed, at any price to others or the world, is sickening.

Post new Message to Thread