Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Years Ago

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I keep reading comments about how great fabs was years ago, how things have changed…

What was it like?

My first profile on here was years back…nowt has changed for me. What am I missing?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olly SwallowsTV/TS
over a year ago

Sexville

It really gathered pace one I joined

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think that years ago people were younger and it was them that were different

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

I have been here on and off for about 14 years and it hasn't changed much.

over a year ago

"I think that years ago people were younger and it was them that were different "

I think you might be onto something

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

The vast majority of people now, especially forum users are old and prone to doing that thing old people do where they discuss the halcyon days frequently.

Hope that helps.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was on here about 10 years ago. Not much change as far as I can see. I don't get as many messages as I did back thenbut I put that down to me being 10 years older

over a year ago

"The vast majority of people now, especially forum users are old and prone to doing that thing old people do where they discuss the halcyon days frequently.

Hope that helps. "

Howwww veeeeery daaaaaare y.. ok fine. *Puts slippers on and drinks tea*

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"The vast majority of people now, especially forum users are old and prone to doing that thing old people do where they discuss the halcyon days frequently.

Hope that helps. "

That nakes me feel special, me and my slippers, gray hair and failing limbs.

over a year ago

Nostalgia is mostly looked upon through rose tinted glasses, the good times are remembered, the less good ones tend to get lost in the mists of time.

Having said that, ten years ago I was ten years younger and able to attract women ten years younger than they are now.. and the whole shagging strangers off t’internet thing was all new and exciting! Now it’s just “meh” innit? Par for the course

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Hope that helps. "

I remember when this was all fields...

over a year ago

Hope that helps. That nakes me feel special, me and my slippers, gray hair and failing limbs."

You too?

(Excellent body btw. Sorry to creep)

over a year ago

Hope that helps. "

Hey! I’m part of the under 30s (yay me )

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Back in my day!

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Hope that helps. That nakes me feel special, me and my slippers, gray hair and failing limbs.

You too?

(Excellent body btw. Sorry to creep)"

Creep all you like,

over a year ago

"Back in my day! "

You forgot what’s you was going to say

over a year ago

when i were a lad....

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Hope that helps.

I remember when this was all fields... "

Would that be the ones with long grass?

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I haven't seen many changes in 6 years apart from an influx during lockdown but very little else has changed.

There have been references to how much better the forums used to be accompanied by a lot of name dropping but my experience has been that some of the names dropped weren't very inclusive so it's horses for courses and very dismissive of the current batch of forumites.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Hope that helps.

Howwww veeeeery daaaaaare y.. ok fine. *Puts slippers on and drinks tea*"

Don't forget to book in for your purple rinse old dear, xoxo

over a year ago

"I keep reading comments about how great fabs was years ago, how things have changed…

What was it like?

My first profile on here was years back…nowt has changed for me. What am I missing?"

There was slightly less men years ago until Fab was in the press.

over a year ago

"when i were a lad...."

Like a ad/thread for Alzheimer here.

Alzheimer once an adult twice a baby

over a year ago

Hope that helps. "

Remember when is the lowest form of conversation

over a year ago

"I keep reading comments about how great fabs was years ago, how things have changed…

What was it like?

My first profile on here was years back…nowt has changed for me. What am I missing? There was slightly less men years ago until Fab was in the press. "

Two less perhaps

There have always been thousands. Thousands!

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

Hope that helps. "

Cheeky mare!

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

There was life before mobile phones and the internet, and a good life it was too.

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

It’s not really changed in since I joined years ago.

There’s more emojis now though

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Hope that helps.

I remember when this was all fields...

Would that be the ones with long grass? "

It would

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

We joined just after the battle of Trafalgar, thing's where very different back then.

We all had to take turns in the barrel and the BJ's where risky as splinters from wooden teeth.

All mail was sent via pigeons.

By *anilla-sinCouple
over a year ago

lancs

it was ever thus...

over a year ago

I was first on here 9 years ago, it is was fun then still fun now, it’s harder now I’m in 50s cos I’m too old for most but forum is better now and the people that have been here for years well they just age really well don’t they

over a year ago

"There was life before mobile phones and the internet, and a good life it was too. "

It really was. I spent far more time just sitting, taking life in. I didn’t really bother with phones until I was 30, so I resisted more than most, I imagine.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"We joined just after the battle of Trafalgar, thing's where very different back then.

We all had to take turns in the barrel and the BJ's where risky as splinters from wooden teeth.

All mail was sent via pigeons."

Bravo.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

When I joined many years ago I'd say was a very pleasant site with well mannered users then over the years things just went boom behaviour whether new or old became pretty ridiculous not towards myself just what I'd been hearing by fellow users whom had become good friends and sadly left the site due to this it's not right for anyone to be harassed because someone isn't interested people come on here also to escape and end up facing similar from keyboard warriors

over a year ago

"turns in the barrel"

I love this joke

By *oItForYorkshireCouple
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Less Drama and I agree with the less men until it was in the press comment.

Deffo get an influx of instashaggers anytime it is in the press.

over a year ago

"I was first on here 9 years ago, it is was fun then still fun now, it’s harder now I’m in 50s cos I’m too old for most but forum is better now and the people that have been here for years well they just age really well don’t they "

No sunlight in the fab vaults

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I heard that they used to have glitter balls and multicoloured floor lighting in here back in the day.

Groovy

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

The site hasn't really changed although it's far more popular than when it started.

I've changed dramatically though

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

What was it like?

My first profile on here was years back…nowt has changed for me. What am I missing?"

I finaly saw through my cataract eyes, manage to straighten my arthritic finger and put you on my hotlist.

I forgot, I don't know where I am, who are all of you

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Less Drama and I agree with the less men until it was in the press comment.

Deffo get an influx of instashaggers anytime it is in the press.

"

The funny things is that every time a thread like this appears a lot of people say that disagreements on the forums these days is mild in comparison to years ago when there was all out war.

The non forum related drama has always been here and I know many people who left the site years ago and never returned because of drama and information sharing.

over a year ago

Which news article was this?

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

I think most people saying that just happen to be wearing a strong pair of rose-tinted spectacles, nothing more.

over a year ago

"Which news article was this?"

A quick google search finds many many press articles referring to this site by name, I’ve just found one from 2012.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

There was a lot more arguments on the forum. Full scale wars

over a year ago

"There was a lot more arguments on the forum. Full scale wars"

Every battle is won before it is fought.

Sun Tzu

over a year ago

"I was on here about 10 years ago. Not much change as far as I can see. I don't get as many messages as I did back thenbut I put that down to me being 10 years older"

Why do you thing the age has a made a difference??

There surely is a shift in over all behaviours aswell,esp the last five years socially!

Ie, more get up and go and meet!

Now there are more tools,like mobile phones,pics,vids,apps. But less urgency to meet people face to face.

When most of it can be done over media!

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

What was it like?

Back in my day, Fab was all fields!!!

Why did you leave first time round, Red?

So many things have moved on. Us, for starters. We’re all older, wiser, less susceptible to bullshit, more aware of our peers’ foibles.

Everyone now has the internet at their fingertips on smart phones. I used to log on once in the evenings, on a laptop, send some messages then go back to watching channel five

It’s so much easier for greater and more diverse numbers to join.

Covid drove us online for many more things, not least interacting with people.

But I think the rate of decline in manners and social niceties is increasing exponentially, not least online and most noticeably on sites such as fab. Basically, it’s easier to be a prick to more people these days.

over a year ago

"I haven't seen many changes in 6 years apart from an influx during lockdown but very little else has changed.

There have been references to how much better the forums used to be accompanied by a lot of name dropping but my experience has been that some of the names dropped weren't very inclusive so it's horses for courses and very dismissive of the current batch of forumites. "

You may not see it,but you sure can sense and feel it.

Transparent observation right here!!

over a year ago

Ah there were some great features!

3D boob pics, virtual bj rooms, it was 10/10.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"There was life before mobile phones and the internet, and a good life it was too. "

You know, I'm not sure. It was a good life, but it was much harder to do anything! Queuing at a bank? What's that about! I love the internet and I love my phone. I would massively miss both if we had to go back to an analogue existence.

Though it was lovely as a pre-mobile teenager when you could just stay out and not be hounded...and then just say you lost track of time...

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

"There was a lot more arguments on the forum. Full scale wars"

Ah but we are supposed to mellow as we get older.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

"There was life before mobile phones and the internet, and a good life it was too.

You know, I'm not sure. It was a good life, but it was much harder to do anything! Queuing at a bank? What's that about! I love the internet and I love my phone. I would massively miss both if we had to go back to an analogue existence.

Though it was lovely as a pre-mobile teenager when you could just stay out and not be hounded...and then just say you lost track of time..."

I am 40 years older than you so my good life would be much earlier than yours, notably the swinging sixties.

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I don’t think much has changed in the 8 odd years I was away apart from me

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I think 2020 etc changed a lot of people's perceptions on things rather than the site changing necessarily

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

My ears are burning.

over a year ago

"I think 2020 etc changed a lot of people's perceptions on things rather than the site changing necessarily "
This

By *londebiguyMan
over a year ago

Southport

There wasn't the "professional" girls from what I remember... or they were not so obvious in their presentation.

I don't think there were so many timewasters as now possibly.

The ones who continually create profiles then delete again...

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Hope that helps.

I remember when this was all fields... "

I remember when I was having sex in fields. Not sure my back's up to that these days.....

I don't think anythings really changed in the last 15 years, except there's now videos, the mobile version of Fab and a whole bunch of new people getting disappointed daily that it's not a sex on tap site.

But then there were a fair few of those back in 2008 too.....

A

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

When I joined a few years back I was young and naïve. It was the period of romanticism, heraldry, of chivalric twattery, the errant threads were circumlocutory, I met my ex-wife (she's still here, the wench) and...we had Erect Jim. .

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/03/23 20:08:27]

over a year ago

Was a pain in the arse to put 'meet now' requests when Fab was in print but it's all good...

At least nowadays the phone screen is wipe clean after fapping, no nefarious marks

By *asty tatsyMan
over a year ago

london

What was it like?

I have been here for years and agree I don’t see much change, only thing you’re missing is me in your inbox

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

No idea, I'm one of those young'uns who ruined it for everyone

LvM

over a year ago

"No idea, I'm one of those young'uns who ruined it for everyone

LvM"

Whippersnappers, with your energy, and your unlined faces…

*gets Werther’s Originals out*

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

"No idea, I'm one of those young'uns who ruined it for everyone

LvM

Whippersnappers, with your energy, and your unlined faces…

*gets Werther’s Originals out*"

Oooh, snacks!

LvM

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I only joined just before the Panny D so not sure if it was any better before but since I'm now allowed to go out a shag to my heart's content, I'd say it's gotten better

over a year ago

Life changes all the time , not just here ,it's ever changing , it's a convere belt ,take anything you like and it's way different now to what it was yonks ago, people approach things differently and tbh there's nothing can be done about it , even the Music yonks ago was better in my opinion but a teen today won't even listen to it and today's music is crap to listen to but it's just the way it is..the main thing is enjoy what ever you enjoy ..your way. the rest don't matter.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

What was it like?

It hasn't changed still exactly the same asit always was

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

What was it like?

The chat rooms were full of people who chatted and just about normal stuff - lots if banter - and a bit if a community - it can be a bit if a zoo now at times x

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

I’ve been here 10 years. I don’t think it’s changed that much. Obviously videos is a great new addition. There are a lot more people on here which isn’t a bad thing. At peak times there would be 20k people online but now it’s 35-40k. It’s still a great place to meet sexy women imho.

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

The user experience was ruined when Meli hid her quim picture.

Otherwise it’s pretty much the same op

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

"The user experience was ruined when Meli hid her quim picture.

Otherwise it’s pretty much the same op "

Ruined when you hid your parking picture. Frigid.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Speaking as a single fella. It has changed in that there are vast amounts of “single” fellas on here now and couples/females have not go up in the same proportion.

This means that ultimately the people I would like to meet have a lot more choice, whereas my choices (in terms of numbers only) have remained relatively the same.

So yeah, bastards, look at you all with that choice instead of having to put up with me. Fucking internet

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Otherwise it’s pretty much the same op

Ruined when you hid your parking picture. Frigid. "

You’ll see it again.

In a parallel universe…

over a year ago

I remember back in day then, when messages didn't cum with FAF and a cock attached it. How's times change n evolve

over a year ago

I like to forget. There’s less to remember that way.

Fab was still a website, it’s the people that make it awesome.

over a year ago

Years ago private house parties were a lot more prevalent. It was a lot easier to get spontaneous/short notice meets on weekends AND not be messed about. It was a lot easier to keep friends on Fab. There were more cities with a vibrant swinging scene than now. There was a lot less gatekeeping and judging on what a true swinger actually is, or if only couples could swing, or if it was on for women to be greedy and have 25 men in a single night at a swinger club or private party.

Yeah. Fab has changed with time. If I only started last year or this year on Fab, I would not stand a single chance where I am right now.

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Not sure there were definitely more fields around here, youths respected police and for some reason I had to traipse up a cobbled street with some Hovis

over a year ago

I've been here from the begining on my original profile and it hasn't changed at all, not for me anyway.

Fab and swinging are what you make them .

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Otherwise it’s pretty much the same op "

Mate.

Still have fond memories of that car.

One day I'll change it from private to public for you.

over a year ago

No one’s said it (I think) but the elephant in the room is surely the (disproportionately growing) number of accounts that are just here to market their ‘content’ on other sites

I know the whole sex sells thing, but that’s not what this site is for though!

over a year ago

"No one’s said it (I think) but the elephant in the room is surely the (disproportionately growing) number of accounts that are just here to market their ‘content’ on other sites

I know the whole sex sells thing, but that’s not what this site is for though!"

No, but anything about sex online is increasingly commercialised and commodified it seems. This site hasn't escaped that either.

Add to that the increase in profiles on here that are mainly just looking to be active on the forums (especially politics sub forum) and not actually swingers looking to have fun on here and not just rant and offend others! Those who know who I'm on about... Will know who I'm on about.

over a year ago

Sigh.

I can see the way this thread is going, and I’m not about it. People can use the site however they like, as long as it’s not against the rules.

over a year ago

I think there’s less kink shaming which is good no?

Been a while since someone sent me a kink list

over a year ago

"I think there’s less kink shaming which is good no?

Been a while since someone sent me a kink list "

A kink list, MCR? Like the interests on their profile, or…?

over a year ago

"Sigh.

I can see the way this thread is going, and I’m not about it. People can use the site however they like, as long as it’s not against the rules."

You were asking how the site has changed. That's a very open ended question. What I mentioned is objectively true as well to anybody who is regularly in the forum and has eyes to see.

Sure you could say no rules are broken people can use Fab however they wish, but is it necessarily making this site as good as it used to be(debatable in itself but that's a question for another time) or just generally a good site to be on today?

That is how Fab has changed. Fab and the swinging community on here increasingly feels like it no longer knows what its on about or for.

over a year ago

"Sigh.

I can see the way this thread is going, and I’m not about it. People can use the site however they like, as long as it’s not against the rules.

You were asking how the site has changed. That's a very open ended question. What I mentioned is objectively true as well to anybody who is regularly in the forum and has eyes to see.

Sure you could say no rules are broken people can use Fab however they wish, but is it necessarily making this site as good as it used to be(debatable in itself but that's a question for another time) or just generally a good site to be on today?

That is how Fab has changed. Fab and the swinging community on here increasingly feels like it no longer knows what its on about or for. "

Cool.

over a year ago

"I think there’s less kink shaming which is good no?

Been a while since someone sent me a kink list

A kink list, MCR? Like the interests on their profile, or…?"

No a list ranging from interest to experienced. I have an interest in wax play but I’m not experienced in it

By *cottish guy 555Man
over a year ago

London

Let's face it, nostalgia isn't what it used to be

over a year ago

"My ears are burning. "

I kept thinking of you every time I read it

over a year ago

"Sigh.

That is how Fab has changed. Fab and the swinging community on here increasingly feels like it no longer knows what its on about or for. "

It's true, I see a single lady profile I like but I have to decipher whether she is a swinger or not.

Usually lines like

'Social is a must'

'i like to get to know someone before meeting'

'i like to be mentally stimulated too'

'seeking a connection '

'not looking for 1 offs'

'if you have lots of Veris you're not for me'

'i don't want to see pics of you hanging out the back of someone'

These are all a dead giveaway, avoid like the plague

over a year ago

"Sigh.

That is how Fab has changed. Fab and the swinging community on here increasingly feels like it no longer knows what its on about or for. It's true, I see a single lady profile I like but I have to decipher whether she is a swinger or not.

Usually lines like

'Social is a must'

'seeking a connection '

'not looking for 1 offs'

"

You’re repeating yourself on basically every thread now, doesn’t that get boring, TwoBulls?

over a year ago

"Sigh.

That is how Fab has changed. Fab and the swinging community on here increasingly feels like it no longer knows what its on about or for. It's true, I see a single lady profile I like but I have to decipher whether she is a swinger or not.

Usually lines like

'Social is a must'

'seeking a connection '

'not looking for 1 offs'

"

These are all preferences, not how fab has changed over the years. So nit actually sure of the relevance to Op's point.

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

This thread is a lot more entertaining if you imagine its being answered by an octogenarian swinger (wearing arseless chaps) sitting under a tree telling tales to eager young swingers about how great things were back in the day.

"There was huge hairy beavers as far as the eye could see. And if you were lucky a couple would mail you a VHS tape of themselves bonking like rabbits. Good times..."

Post new Message to Thread