Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Weird OCD traits

Jump to newest

By *iya2311 OP   Man
over a year ago

maidstone

Whats your weirdest OCD Trait

Mine is i must have volume on an even number !

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

"Whats your weirdest OCD Trait

Mine is i must have volume on an even number ! "

Oh I hate that my mate is the same I always adjust it to mess with him

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

Subtitles, can’t not use them

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Checking, and rechecking travel plans. Routes and time tables.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I have to check every switch is turned off and front/ back doors three times before bed.

Worse when we go out.

I used to (thankfully got out of the routine)walk round the car three times checking every door is locked.

I can't stand place mats and coasters being out of square on the table or stacked incorrectly they have to be nice and square and neat.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Subtitles, can’t not use them "

YES! I love them. Other people get so annoyed by them. Until they can’t hear something and then I win

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom has CDO...

Everything has to be in alphabetical order

over a year ago

If I turn around, I have to turn back around to untwist myself.

F

over a year ago

Got to admit, volume has to be on an even number for me too! Rug has to be at a certain angle, packets can’t be opened upside down, to the point I won’t let the children eat them.

I have quite a few weird traits apparently

Mrs

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

My car player volume must be either 13 or 21

By *athuilMan
over a year ago

up north

I have to have the car aircon on at a .5 number, except the one that is the date of my ex’s birthday

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

Spinal tap must be a difficult watch for you

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I can honestly say that I don't think I have any. I thought that was the norm.

over a year ago

All socks must match

Nothing can be sticking out of drawers and all must be closed.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My weird tic is that I don't have OCD.

By *ubikslongswordMan
over a year ago

East Grinstead

"Checking, and rechecking travel plans. Routes and time tables. "

I do this even when I do the same trip every week I always check departure/arrival times, it never changes but I have to check.

over a year ago

I had crippling OCD a few years back which is now more under control using ideas from the therapist I was seeing. It was horrendous to suffer from when at it's worst. Imagine walking 30 mins to town and then having to go straight back to recheck all the doors and then walk back again. Even though your 'logical' brain is telling you everything is fine the OCD part will keep chipping away telling you to recheck and recheck.

I still have a few hang ups. There are some days where I can't do things in even numbers like checking doors are locked, things are unplugged etc. I have to do these in groups of 3 , 3 or 5 times.

By *hilledGuyClactonMan
over a year ago

Little clacton

Bedroom TV has to have volume on a even number,but the one downstairs has to be odd

Have to rearrange my money so all heads are facing the same way

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

My underware sets always have to be the matching ones. I can't mis match them

over a year ago

"I have to check every switch is turned off and front/ back doors three times before bed.

Worse when we go out.

I used to (thankfully got out of the routine)walk round the car three times checking every door is locked.

I can't stand place mats and coasters being out of square on the table or stacked incorrectly they have to be nice and square and neat."

The door thing/lights etc was one of mine. My therapist gave me a trick that might help (it did stop my constant checking). Get a stone and place it by the last door you lock and leave by. When you have locked up move it to the other side of the step. If you feel you need to go and check the locks again go back, look at the stone and remember you only moved it when you had locked everything..therefore everything has been locked/switched off. It took me a few weeks for this to work but it actually did.

Just an idea for you based on my experience.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I have to check every switch is turned off and front/ back doors three times before bed.

Worse when we go out.

I can't stand place mats and coasters being out of square on the table or stacked incorrectly they have to be nice and square and neat.

The door thing/lights etc was one of mine. My therapist gave me a trick that might help (it did stop my constant checking). Get a stone and place it by the last door you lock and leave by. When you have locked up move it to the other side of the step. If you feel you need to go and check the locks again go back, look at the stone and remember you only moved it when you had locked everything..therefore everything has been locked/switched off. It took me a few weeks for this to work but it actually did.

Just an idea for you based on my experience."

I'm getting better I used to have to turn the gas off at the mains even going out shopping!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"My underware sets always have to be the matching ones. I can't mis match them "

That must take weeks

over a year ago

Worse when we go out.

Just an idea for you based on my experience.

I'm getting better I used to have to turn the gas off at the mains even going out shopping!"

Glad it's getting better for you. the brain can be a wonderful thing but it can also be your worst enemy.

By *tylebender03Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Before I go to bed I have to switch the light switch off/on 457 times or my whole family will die

over a year ago

"My underware sets always have to be the matching ones. I can't mis match them "

That's just normal isn't it!!! I hope so as I can't stand wearing mismatched lingerie or have them separated in the draws.

over a year ago

I’m a nightmare to go shopping with, as I spend more time fixing the trolley out

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I always insist that my dates use their cutlery in the correct order and for the right course. If I'm going Michelin Star with a potential paramour then she needs to conduct herself in a manner more becoming of the (refined) setting.

I expect standards.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

"My underware sets always have to be the matching ones. I can't mis match them

That must take weeks "

Shut up you

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

That's just normal isn't it!!! I hope so as I can't stand wearing mismatched lingerie or have them separated in the draws. "

Apparently not with most!!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I do all the washing up in our house and I have to do things in a certain order.

A

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

"I always insist that my dates use their cutlery in the correct order and for the right course. If I'm going Michelin Star with a potential paramour then she needs to conduct herself in a manner more becoming of the (refined) setting.

I expect standards."

How am I supposed to eat chips then Nero?

Use my fingers or ask for a silver fork?

over a year ago

That's just normal isn't it!!! I hope so as I can't stand wearing mismatched lingerie or have them separated in the draws.

Apparently not with most!! "

Those people are uncouth heathens obviously

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Stepping over the part of the pavement where roadworks have been as it's always uneven from the rest of the path

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

That must take weeks

Shut up you "

over a year ago

Absolutely, and the car radio , can't be dealing with odd numbers , and I like routine

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I always insist that my dates use their cutlery in the correct order and for the right course. If I'm going Michelin Star with a potential paramour then she needs to conduct herself in a manner more becoming of the (refined) setting.

I expect standards.

Use my fingers or ask for a silver fork? "

Silver fork, Boo. I've got David Mellor™ cutlery laid out for you. Use it!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I have a somewhat annoying habit of having to wash everything up before I sit down to eat my dinner

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

I hate other people washing my cup up,at work or home because nobody does it properly

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

"I have a somewhat annoying habit of having to wash everything up before I sit down to eat my dinner "

And even take people's plates and drinks away before they've even finished with them you eejit!

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
over a year ago

Norwich

I have a tendency to do the door locking thing too. One trick is tell yourself out loud “I have locked the door” when you lock it. Makes you less likely to have to go back. Works for me, mostly.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

I expect standards.

Silver fork, Boo. I've got David Mellor™ cutlery laid out for you. Use it!"

Where does my napkin go?

On my lap or squished between my boobs?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I have a somewhat annoying habit of having to wash everything up before I sit down to eat my dinner

And even take people's plates and drinks away before they've even finished with them you eejit! "

Slight exaggeration

By *helamontsCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Got to eat biscuits in three's ...

over a year ago

Locking doors, to the point I will get up out of bed in the middle of the night to check it, or drive 30 miles home from work to check it.

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

When I'm stressed I count colours in 3s.

I pick out 3 shades on each item and count them until I get distracted.

I also kiss hubs 3 times before he goes anywhere... Has to be 3 times!

Plot twist.. I HATE odd numbers, everything else in my life has to be even but not the colours or kisses ...

I also count the rungs on my bathroom radiator (there's 15) and the pieces of metal on my loo roll holder (there's 6) and how ma colours are on my bathroom wallpaper, there's 5...

Im weird....and I count a lot in the bathroom it seems....

over a year ago

Not so much weird but hygiene !!

Oh and the bottom left gas ring on my cooker is my fave

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I thought I was pretty bad but it seems many here have it way worse than me. My heart goes out to some of you for what your brains do to you.

I’m just obsessively neat and tidy. A place for everything and everything in its place. I’m a bugger for having everything in my house straight and to symmetry.

I cannot leave out a comma or deliberately use poor grammar. I will always go back and tidy up my text and I hate that!!!

Oh and I usually wash my hands after a plop. Crazy, right! At least I’ve stopped doing it after just a wee wee.

over a year ago

Making sure every cable marker is facing forward so it can be read easily

over a year ago

I can’t eat in other peoples houses. Doesn’t matter if it hasn’t been cooked there or not. There’s only a select few people I know where I’m comfortable enough eating there or using their cutlery.

I can’t stand having dry hands so I have to put moisturiser on them constantly and if they touch something like a micro fibre cloth when they’re dry omg *shivers*

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

"I can’t eat in other peoples houses. Doesn’t matter if it hasn’t been cooked there or not. There’s only a select few people I know where I’m comfortable enough eating there or using their cutlery.

I can’t stand having dry hands so I have to put moisturiser on them constantly and if they touch something like a micro fibre cloth when they’re dry omg *shivers*

"

Ahhh! Dry hands on certain textures, 100%! when it does that catchy sound. No no no.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Writing then deleting forum replies

over a year ago

"a plop."

Stop that

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"a plop.

Stop that "

I thought of you when I wrote that!!!!

over a year ago

"I can’t eat in other peoples houses. Doesn’t matter if it hasn’t been cooked there or not. There’s only a select few people I know where I’m comfortable enough eating there or using their cutlery.

Ahhh! Dry hands on certain textures, 100%! when it does that catchy sound. No no no. "

Ewww god no!!, or when it sticks to your hand I can’t stand touching certain textures.

over a year ago

The weird thing is people that do this normally have odd numbers in their D.O.B.

My only 1 is all the screws on the sockets where I live have to be facing the same way or have those little caps on. The rest of the stuff people have tried to call OCD is just logic

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

There are a lot of myths about OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and in some cases, the main feature is anxiety, that may be Generalised Anxiety Disorder.

There is another disorder called: OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder).

To be classified as a true disorder the behaviour has to be towards the extreme end of the spectrum or the continuum; in many cases at least five criteria have to be satisfied.

Many people have traits or little quirks in their personality, but do not have a full-blown disorder

To be diagnosed with OCD or OCPD requires diagnosis by a properly qualified professional.

Psychatrists are always medical doctors who then undertook further training

Psychology is a much less well regulated area, that can attract quacks .

The most problematic disorder is BPD: Borderline P Disorder now better known as Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I expect standards.

Silver fork, Boo. I've got David Mellor™ cutlery laid out for you. Use it!

Where does my napkin go?

On my lap or squished between my boobs? "

I've seen your bóóbs; they're a weapon of mass distraction!

Post new Message to Thread