Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Falling to sleep when driving

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I do a lot of travelling with with someone for work and it's his turn to drive today and he is literally falling to sleep at the wheel. He's always tired and he had blood tests but they didn't find a problem with him.

Any ideas of what could be the problem with him ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"I do a lot of travelling with with someone for work and it's his turn to drive today and he is literally falling to sleep at the wheel. He's always tired and he had blood tests but they didn't find a problem with him.

Any ideas of what could be the problem with him ? "

I wouldn't take medical advice off a swingers site, they should be looking at getting some medical expert attention and test from his doctor, if his driving is being affected, he should stop driving as he could cause an accident and hurt somebody else.

By *ycanNightsMan
over a year ago

Workington

"I do a lot of travelling with with someone for work and it's his turn to drive today and he is literally falling to sleep at the wheel. He's always tired and he had blood tests but they didn't find a problem with him.

No but make sure he takes plenty of driving breaks... coffees and if gets too bad....just ask to swap seats ...

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

That's insanely dangerous

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Sleep apnea?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Coffee actually can make things worse ... a caffeine high followed by a dip/slump!

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Sleep apnea?

Or possibly up all night perving on fab, that’s made me a bit sleepy on occasion

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Sounds like he needs to go back to his doctor, or get more sleep. He certainly shouldn't be driving if he's falling asleep at the wheel that is the potential for a serious road traffic accident..

over a year ago

Any ideas of what could be the problem with him ? I wouldn't take medical advice off a swingers site, they should be looking at getting some medical expert attention and test from his doctor, if his driving is being affected, he should stop driving as he could cause an accident and hurt somebody else."

I know I shouldn't take medical advice from here, but I'm in the services so I just thought I'd ask the question. Nobody else to talk to.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Boredom and tiredness.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Could be medication he’s already on?

But maybe voice your concerns to him if you’re travelling with him. You only get one life!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The father of our son's friend fell asleep while driving. Fortunately he was the only person injured

over a year ago

Whatever it is, don't drive while tired/sleepy. I when I was young and stupid, instead of just stupid, I drove back one night from Newquay to Dartmouth after a night of debauchery and woke up with my car rattling around an armco barrier by a steep drop on the wrong side of the road....

That was the second time I should have died.

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

Sleep Apnea is probably favourite.

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

First things first. Pull over the car?!

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

I’d refuse to allow him to drive, either he lets you drive or you don’t get in the car until whatever is wrong has been sorted

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

"First things first. Pull over the car?!"

100% do this!!

By *REEPALESTINEMan
over a year ago

derby

Oh shit please don’t do this guys

over a year ago

Sleep apnea?"

This is what I'm thinking

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

Sleep Apnea is probably favourite. "

Do you know if he is a snorer?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I had a mate when i was young who borrowed his bosses jaguar and fell asleep at the wheel he hit the central crash barrier the car was a wreck but he was fine he was lucky but a party animal always out clubbing guess that's why he fell asleep but i also have started to fall asleep so pulled into a services and had a break, if you know he gets tired maybe you should drive

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

Hope the car has a good old fashioned handbrake which you can pull from the passenger seat!

By *uliette500Woman
over a year ago

Hull

There is no way I'd be getting in a car with a driver who knowingly falls asleep at the wheel.

It is no safe for him to drive.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Too many late nights? Dehydrated? Not eating healthily? Sugar crash in the afternoon?

Could be 1001 reasons.

over a year ago

Do you know if he is a snorer?"

Yes he is and he sleeps like a log. He could be chatting with me on the sofa and next minute he's dropping to sleep.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

No idea.

But if he's falling asleep it's definitely not his turn.

A

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Perhaps regularly jabbing him with a pointy stick whilst he’d driving would be a good idea?

over a year ago

Back on the motorway now. He looks more awake and his eyes are not closing over now. I would drive but I'm not insured to drive his van.

I've voiced mu concerns to him many times before, until he eventually got checked out.. but nothing was found to be wrong.

I'm scared he coupd be the death of me. I will be keeping on to him up get checked out again.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes he is and he sleeps like a log. He could be chatting with me on the sofa and next minute he's dropping to sleep. "

How many hours a night does he sleep? When he went for the blood tests did he mention that he's falling asleep while driving?

Is there some kind of conspiracy of silence that's allowing this guy to be in charge of several tons of metal traveling at speed when he's liable to drop off at any minute?

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

"Back on the motorway now. He looks more awake and his eyes are not closing over now. I would drive but I'm not insured to drive his van.

I've voiced mu concerns to him many times before, until he eventually got checked out.. but nothing was found to be wrong.

I'm scared he coupd be the death of me. I will be keeping on to him up get checked out again."

Talk to hr, I’m sure you’re not paid enough to risk your life for this company. You’re worth more than a job

over a year ago

Yes he is and he sleeps like a log. He could be chatting with me on the sofa and next minute he's dropping to sleep.

How many hours a night does he sleep? When he went for the blood tests did he mention that he's falling asleep while driving?

Is there some kind of conspiracy of silence that's allowing this guy to be in charge of several tons of metal traveling at speed when he's liable to drop off at any minute?"

I'm not sure how many hours he sleeps. I stayed in a travelodge with him last night and he was snoring his head off before 11pm and I make sure he lays in longer than me. After I've had a shower I literally have to shout at him to get up out of bed. Alarms don't wake him up. I have heard him getting up a couple of times going to the bathroom. And lately he sits up sleeping.

It was mentioned that he was falling to sleep whilst driving. There's no conspiracy.

By *N4funCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

This started happening with me before Christmas, stressful job and lots of driving which also cause migraines. Drinking coffee or energy drinks didn't help if anything made it much worse. What did was taking time out when work was finished and going and having something to eat and a chill. Still not 100% but it has helped a lot.

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

Long Covid?

over a year ago

"Long Covid?"

Maybe

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Yes he is and he sleeps like a log. He could be chatting with me on the sofa and next minute he's dropping to sleep. "

So you’re saying he’s always falling asleep when he’s with you?

I think we just solved the mystery

over a year ago

That’s fucking terrifying!

By *imited 3EditionCouple
over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"Back on the motorway now. He looks more awake and his eyes are not closing over now. I would drive but I'm not insured to drive his van.

I'm scared he coupd be the death of me. I will be keeping on to him up get checked out again."

Sleep apnoea wouldn't be picked up thru blood tests. He would need to get a referral to and an overnight monitoring kit from the sleep clinic. There is a questionnaire as part of the referral process which asks questions about frequency of falling asleep while sitting about and also at the wheel while driving.

Despite previous tests not showing up any problems, he really ought to avoid driving for both his own safety and the safety of others. If its for work then he should maybe ask for a fit note from his GP and get sick pay until its safer for him to drive.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Is there some kind of conspiracy of silence that's allowing this guy to be in charge of several tons of metal traveling at speed when he's liable to drop off at any minute?

I'm not sure how many hours he sleeps. I stayed in a travelodge with him last night and he was snoring his head off before 11pm and I make sure he lays in longer than me. After I've had a shower I literally have to shout at him to get up out of bed. Alarms don't wake him up. I have heard him getting up a couple of times going to the bathroom. And lately he sits up sleeping.

It was mentioned that he was falling to sleep whilst driving. There's no conspiracy.

"

But nobody has stopped him?

over a year ago

I'm scared he coupd be the death of me. I will be keeping on to him up get checked out again.

Sleep apnoea wouldn't be picked up thru blood tests. He would need to get a referral to and an overnight monitoring kit from the sleep clinic. There is a questionnaire as part of the referral process which asks questions about frequency of falling asleep while sitting about and also at the wheel while driving.

Despite previous tests not showing up any problems, he really ought to avoid driving for both his own safety and the safety of others. If its for work then he should maybe ask for a fit note from his GP and get sick pay until its safer for him to drive. "

Self employed though

over a year ago

But nobody has stopped him?"

No

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

Tell him to ask his GP to refer him for a sleep test.

Bet it's SA.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

You bore him or the music's crap!

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Any ideas of what could be the problem with him ? I wouldn't take medical advice off a swingers site, they should be looking at getting some medical expert attention and test from his doctor, if his driving is being affected, he should stop driving as he could cause an accident and hurt somebody else.

I know I shouldn't take medical advice from here, but I'm in the services so I just thought I'd ask the question. Nobody else to talk to."

It could be anything including a neurological issue, heart or simple diet.

I can't stress enough that he needs to seek medical advice asap and do not dive until it's diagnosed.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

The two biggest causes of accidents in the UK are tiredness and distractions (phones,etc). Even more so than drink driving or speeding.

I wouldn't get in the car to be honest.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Stop riding with him.

Tell him to visit his doctor

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Not sure why you’d even consider getting in the car with him

Number 4589 of reasons why women live longer!

K

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

My brother was killed when I was a kid by his friend's dad falling asleep at the wheel. If your mate is falling asleep then the sensible thing to do is swap with him.

Posting on here about it isn't going to save your life.

And he should see the doctor or be honest about whether he is tired before trying to drive.

over a year ago

Narcolepsy

over a year ago

"My brother was killed when I was a kid by his friend's dad falling asleep at the wheel. If your mate is falling asleep then the sensible thing to do is swap with him.

Posting on here about it isn't going to save your life.

And he should see the doctor or be honest about whether he is tired before trying to drive.

"

Sorry to hear that. It's hard to get him to visit the doctors, but I'll try again. Might have to tell his wife again.

over a year ago

"Narcolepsy "

Possibly

over a year ago

Tried getting him to visit the doctor about it again, but he won't because he's afraid he could lose his licence. Looks like I will have to do all the driving myself because I'm afraid he's going to kill us.

By *amesBeelzebubMan
over a year ago

norwich

Is it narcolepsy when you can just fall asleep any tine

over a year ago

"Is it narcolepsy when you can just fall asleep any tine"

No idea what it is. He took the kids to the park earlier and fell to sleep in the car soon as he got there. Definitely something wrong with him.

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

How much sugar do you intake.

over a year ago

Don't travel with him ..full stop...if he's in that situation health wise he shouldn't be driving and you shouldn't be travelling with him .

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

Maybe he has a bad heart.

By *astandtheCurious2Couple
over a year ago

letchworth

"Narcolepsy

Possibly "

Sounds like he sleeps too well for it to be narcolepsy. Loosing his licence for a short period of time is nothing compared to the damage he could do.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

He could have diabetes. I had a friend in work who would pop to the loo and fall asleep on the toilet. She got locked in a nightclub through doing that

A Dr would run tests first before actioning anything surely? They’d advise him not to drive until the results come back maybe? I think he definitely needs a Dr’s visit. It could be anything really.

over a year ago

Are you just a boring bastard?

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Tried getting him to visit the doctor about it again, but he won't because he's afraid he could lose his licence. Looks like I will have to do all the driving myself because I'm afraid he's going to kill us."

I thought you weren't insured for the van

over a year ago

"How much sugar do you intake.

"

He has got a sweet tooth

over a year ago

"He could have diabetes. I had a friend in work who would pop to the loo and fall asleep on the toilet. She got locked in a nightclub through doing that

A Dr would run tests first before actioning anything surely? They’d advise him not to drive until the results come back maybe? I think he definitely needs a Dr’s visit. It could be anything really."

Diabetes was my first thought but far as I know doctors ruled that out

over a year ago

Are you just a boring bastard? "

Now then

over a year ago

"Tried getting him to visit the doctor about it again, but he won't because he's afraid he could lose his licence. Looks like I will have to do all the driving myself because I'm afraid he's going to kill us.

I thought you weren't insured for the van"

Not yet

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

Tell us his name or van reg and we will drop him in it for you!

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

i wouldnt get him with him until hes fully checked out,,

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Don't let someone drive when they are not safe to do it. Be kind.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Tried getting him to visit the doctor about it again, but he won't because he's afraid he could lose his licence. Looks like I will have to do all the driving myself because I'm afraid he's going to kill us."

he'll lose his licence if he kills someone

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Could he be generally tired.

I do a lot of miles for work, if I don't get enough sleep of a night, I can struggle to stay awake at the wheel.

It scares the living daylights out of me, when I nearly fall asleep on the R6.

By *astandtheCurious2Couple
over a year ago

letchworth

"Tried getting him to visit the doctor about it again, but he won't because he's afraid he could lose his licence. Looks like I will have to do all the driving myself because I'm afraid he's going to kill us.

he'll lose his licence if he kills someone"

If they know he suspected he had a problem and continued to drive they will also throw the book at him with criminal charges

Post new Message to Thread