Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Download 2013

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So who else is going ??? And who are looking forward to most?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Am hoping to go this year if I can find someone to go with. Used to go every year but not been since 08. The headliners have sold it for me to be honest. X

over a year ago

I would if I had the money for it. It's become mega expensive now. You can go away for a week somewhere nice with the total money you'd spend on the weekend.

But then all the bands wouldn't be where you'd go

over a year ago

Will be there but working on nights doing security

over a year ago

Might go this year. Not been for a couple years.

over a year ago

I'll be there. Of the headliners I'm looking forward to Ramstien as I've never seen them live before.

over a year ago

Won't be there but will hear it as we live close

over a year ago

Hate it as it ruined my birthday last year

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I'll just sit at the end of the garden and listen to it from there.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I'll just sit at the end of the garden and listen to it from there. "

I'll bring the confectionery if you supply the array of blue tardis conveniences

over a year ago

Rammstein, how could I miss a chance to see the German sex gods

over a year ago

I'd love to see Rammstein again but if there aren't many other bands I want to see I might not bother going. Headliners were amazing last year but I don't think I went to the site before 4pm each day so could see myself doing that again if I go this year

over a year ago

I have seen Slipknot before and they are superb and really engage the fans.

over a year ago

I will be there. Cant wait. Just hoping for sun this year. Stone sour & Alice in chains for me. Although way to early in tell who the proper highlights will be.

over a year ago

Alice in Chains are great. even WITH the new singer.

over a year ago

Yer they had him the last time I saw them. Still pretty awesome.

Always got my fingers crossed for a last minute anoucment of "tool"

It will happen again! Lol

over a year ago

Not seen Tool for a good 10 years.

Great live. Watched them with Matt Bellamy bizarely.

over a year ago

Seen them about 5 times now. (Geek) lol. Last time was 4 years ago at Brixton

over a year ago

great venue.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Alice in Chains are great. even WITH the new singer.

"

Nearly wore my tape player out listening to Dirt in my car

over a year ago

unplugged is such a great dvd , cd also.

random fact.. bassist during unplugged jams enter sandman and then some 15 years later is the new bassist in Metallica.

#nerdalert

over a year ago

meeee im going!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"meeee im going!"

I'll be keepin my eyes open lol xxxx

By *r and Mrs BiteMeCouple
over a year ago

Belbroughton, Stourbridge

"Rammstein, how could I miss a chance to see the German sex gods "

this

over a year ago

Were going....

over a year ago

stone sour and slipknot

Corey twice in one weekend, there is a god

over a year ago

"I would if I had the money for it. It's become mega expensive now. You can go away for a week somewhere nice with the total money you'd spend on the weekend.

But then all the bands wouldn't be where you'd go"

true, i usually do 2 or 3 festivals a year instead of going on holiday, i cant afford both but id sooner do festivals than a couple of weeks in the sun

over a year ago

Are Skindred playing this year?

Live I think they're up there with the best of them. Pretty sure Benji could start a riot in an old people's home if they tried...lol

over a year ago

"Are Skindred playing this year?

"

Theres loads more to be announced yet

over a year ago

Really looking forward to Mastodon if I do go. Only ones I'd really want to watch are Them, QOTSA, Alice In Chains, Maiden. Probably give Rammenstein a shout for the stage show. Last few years I've been we've gone RIP or guest camping. Couldn't be doing with that massive walk to the arena from normal camping again.

over a year ago

"Are Skindred playing this year?

Theres loads more to be announced yet "

I really hope they do. I've seen Maiden and Slipknot countless times but Skindred only once.

Everyone needs the Newport helicopter in their to do list!

over a year ago

really wanna go but cant afford to. Keep saying next year and it never happens.

over a year ago

wtf is Download 2013?

over a year ago

i go every year even if the line ups shit i just love the atmosphere

over a year ago

"wtf is Download 2013? "

new TV show, channel 4, starts next week

over a year ago

"i go every year even if the line ups shit i just love the atmosphere "

If you ever don't feel like camping I only live a few miles from it. I usually go home each night (well, about 5am) so I can have a proper shower and use a real toilet...lol

over a year ago

"I'll just sit at the end of the garden and listen to it from there. "
your not funny

sits on coffin

over a year ago

Last years Download was the best EVER. I was running around non stop all day everyday between the stages. It was epic.

The announced line up so far is lame in comparison but for me they will never improve upon last years line up. Lamb of God, Devildriver, Black Sabbath, Dropkick Murphys, Prodigy, Skindred (TWICE! Acoustic wall of death!), Fear Factory, NOFX, Machine Head, Opeth, Tenacious D, Megadeth, Metallica, Sylosis AAAAAND Anti-Nowhere League vs Slipknot, Iron Maiden (who I don't care for-dont hate me!), Rammstein, QOTSA and Coal Chamber-I feel like I am not getting anywhere near as much bang for my buck.

I love the atmosphere, I love random hugging, I love the mosh pits and crowd surfing-I'll miss that if I don't go.

crystal

over a year ago

"i go every year even if the line ups shit i just love the atmosphere

If you ever don't feel like camping I only live a few miles from it. I usually go home each night (well, about 5am) so I can have a proper shower and use a real toilet...lol"

Are you coming onto me? lol

over a year ago

If you ever don't feel like camping I only live a few miles from it. I usually go home each night (well, about 5am) so I can have a proper shower and use a real toilet...lol"

If you're not gonna slum it for 5 nights then you're missing out on a huge part of the festival. The campsites are so much fun!

Mexican rawr anyone?!

over a year ago

If you ever don't feel like camping I only live a few miles from it. I usually go home each night (well, about 5am) so I can have a proper shower and use a real toilet...lol

Are you coming onto me? lol"

I'm always coming on to you, surely you've noticed the pattern by now!...lol

over a year ago

If you're not gonna slum it for 5 nights then you're missing out on a huge part of the festival. The campsites are so much fun!

Mexican rawr anyone?! "

dont know i have to be honest after 3 days there id kill for a clean loo, its ok for you lot you can pee anywhere you dont have to hover over a loo 20 guys have found it funny to shit all over for the past 3 days lol

By *ovely CummingsWoman
over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

I'm going after last year though decided I like my comforts too much so booked into a hotel in derby and plan on commuting

Have got guest area passes again though, loved the multi coloured picnic benches last year

over a year ago

Mexican rawr anyone?! "

I used to. I just like a good hot shower every day and living so close is a big advantage.

over a year ago

I'm always coming on to you, surely you've noticed the pattern by now!...lol"

mate i wouldnt notice someone coming onto me if the slapped me in the face with a big neon sigh saying fuck me lol

I accept your offer to piss in your pan

over a year ago

I'm always coming on to you, surely you've noticed the pattern by now!...lol

mate i wouldnt notice someone coming onto me if the slapped me in the face with a big neon sigh saying fuck me lol

I accept your offer to piss in your pan "

Just my pan?

over a year ago

Mexican rawr anyone?!

I used to. I just like a good hot shower every day and living so close is a big advantage."

i have to admit i went to reading in 2008 when slipknot and avenged sevenfold were supposed to be playing and i booked inot a hotel as it was a 5 min walk from the festival, im getting old lol

over a year ago

Mexican rawr anyone?!

dont know i have to be honest after 3 days there id kill for a clean loo, its ok for you lot you can pee anywhere you dont have to hover over a loo 20 guys have found it funny to shit all over for the past 3 days lol"

The first thing I do when I wake up is roll over and crack open the vodka.

When you're that pissed you don't care!

You can get a shower there and pay to go into the Eco-loo which are kept immaculate but when I'm there, I'm not playing with anyone, I'm running around all day in the mosh pits so I'm covered in mud and blood and whatever's in those bottles that spray everywhere when they're thrown over the crowds.

Baby wipes and anti-bac wipes are good enough for me!

over a year ago

Mexican rawr anyone?!

I used to. I just like a good hot shower every day and living so close is a big advantage."

I like a good shower everyday too but I can't see the point there when I end up caked in mud and god knows what else within the first few hours of every day! I'm the crazy bird in dreadlocks crowd surfing or dancing mentally at the front on the barriers getting sprayed every 5 minutes by flying bottles.

I'm usually hosed off in the front garden before I'm allowed in the house after Download...

over a year ago

Besides, I've been going to festivals since I was 8, add to that the various jungles and deserts and military hospitals I've spent time in and I'm done with slumming it!...lol

over a year ago

" at the front on the barriers getting sprayed every 5 minutes by flying bottles. "

all water sports fans should try this lol

over a year ago

" at the front on the barriers getting sprayed every 5 minutes by flying bottles.

all water sports fans should try this lol "

I have since 1984!

over a year ago

" at the front on the barriers getting sprayed every 5 minutes by flying bottles.

all water sports fans should try this lol "

Can I just point out that my standards of hygiene verge on OCD levels-it's only at Download I'm like this!

Never look backwards at a festival with your eyes uncovered and your mouth open...!

over a year ago

Can I just point out that my standards of hygiene verge on OCD levels-it's only at Download I'm like this!

Never look backwards at a festival with your eyes uncovered and your mouth open...!"

I did that once in '94 (I think it was, Aerosmith were headlining) and got hit in the face with a box of wine of all things!

over a year ago

Never look backwards at a festival with your eyes uncovered and your mouth open...!

I did that once in '94 (I think it was, Aerosmith were headlining) and got hit in the face with a box of wine of all things! "

1994 was a great year Pantera was there

over a year ago

I did that once in '94 (I think it was, Aerosmith were headlining) and got hit in the face with a box of wine of all things! "

Ha ha!

I've been splatted with a bag of muller yogurts

over a year ago

I did that once in '94 (I think it was, Aerosmith were headlining) and got hit in the face with a box of wine of all things!

1994 was a great year Pantera was there "

Jealous-the closest I'll ever get to seeing Pantera is seeing HellYeah or Down again. Would have loved to see Dimebag play

over a year ago

1994 was a great year Pantera was there

Jealous-the closest I'll ever get to seeing Pantera is seeing HellYeah or Down again. Would have loved to see Dimebag play "

Pantera were a stunning band live (if Phil could remain upright!). I saw them 3 times.

I was hoping that Van Halen were going to headline this year, as Andy has been trying for years to get them to play. With last year's new album and very successful US tour it was looking good, until Eddie got Diverticulitis and nearly died.

Here's hoping for next year...

By *ovely CummingsWoman
over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

Mexican rawr anyone?!

I used to. I just like a good hot shower every day and living so close is a big advantage.

I like a good shower everyday too but I can't see the point there when I end up caked in mud and god knows what else within the first few hours of every day! I'm the crazy bird in dreadlocks crowd surfing or dancing mentally at the front on the barriers getting sprayed every 5 minutes by flying bottles.

I'm usually hosed off in the front garden before I'm allowed in the house after Download..."

My first monsters of rock I was dragged,unwittingly, from the front while anthrax where on. Nearly got ripped in half as the crowd had hold of my legs,pulling me back 'cause I didn't want pulling out, and security had my arms puliing me over the barrier.

There comes a point though once you hit 35 that your body starts to shout at you when you abuse it with sleeping rough and turning 40 last year I realised I'd rather have a comfortable bed and a proper shower, make good use of the fact that I have more disposable income now than I did when younger and had no choice of kipping in cars at MOR

By *almh5Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

After the farce that was last year nothing would possess me to ever go again. Mind you I did get to leave early cos of the twat pushing me over in the mud and the badly twisted ankle, still I was lucky compared to the people I was with in the medical tent one of whom had torn ligaments and another a broken ankle from slipping in the mud.

Still I was again luckier than the people sleeping in the showers, oh and the people in the disabled camp who could only go to the arenas and back to their camp because the rest was impassable!

I'm obviously getting old cos standing in a crowd full of people pissing on the floor, not to mention the rivers of it going down the slopes.

The only good bits were Prodigy, Chase 'n Status, going home early and not paying for my ticket!

over a year ago

Mexican rawr anyone?!

I'm usually hosed off in the front garden before I'm allowed in the house after Download...

My first monsters of rock I was dragged,unwittingly, from the front while anthrax where on. Nearly got ripped in half as the crowd had hold of my legs,pulling me back 'cause I didn't want pulling out, and security had my arms puliing me over the barrier.

There comes a point though once you hit 35 that your body starts to shout at you when you abuse it with sleeping rough and turning 40 last year I realised I'd rather have a comfortable bed and a proper shower, make good use of the fact that I have more disposable income now than I did when younger and had no choice of kipping in cars at MOR "

Was that 94? The fact you saw Anthrax then makes we attracted to you I must say. Biohazard play that year too?

over a year ago

"

true, i usually do 2 or 3 festivals a year instead of going on holiday, i cant afford both but id sooner do festivals than a couple of weeks in the sun"

Ditto. Did 4 festivals last year. Crazy.

over a year ago

"Rammstein, how could I miss a chance to see the German sex gods "

YES! Exactly. (Well, Mr Lifad doesn't agree, but whatever.)

We'll be there

By *illerbarbie86Woman
over a year ago

Colchester

I'm hoping to go again this year (been most years since '04) but I will not be camping after the farce of last year. I had always been the one saying hotels are for wussies, but never again will trudge through knee deep mud at 3am dying for a wee in my pj's, walking for at least 15 minutes and pray I'm sitting in mud and not other people's shit. *rant over*

over a year ago

"I'm hoping to go again this year (been most years since '04) but I will not be camping after the farce of last year. I had always been the one saying hotels are for wussies, but never again will trudge through knee deep mud at 3am dying for a wee in my pj's, walking for at least 15 minutes and pray I'm sitting in mud and not other people's shit. *rant over* "

Nothing worse than waking up in a tent desperate for a piss and having to walk ages to toilets. Aside from camping downwind from them

over a year ago

And agree on hotels. Besides it makes for more late night fun inviting people back for a shower.

By *illerbarbie86Woman
over a year ago

Colchester

[Removed by poster at 10/01/13 00:48:12]

By *illerbarbie86Woman
over a year ago

Colchester

"And agree on hotels. Besides it makes for more late night fun inviting people back for a shower. "

I like your thinking

I'd like to play how many dirty festivallers in my shower at once

over a year ago

"And agree on hotels. Besides it makes for more late night fun inviting people back for a shower.

I like your thinking

I'd like to play how many dirty festivallers in my shower at once "

I'd like to play that too. I'd even let you drop the soap.

over a year ago

"And agree on hotels. Besides it makes for more late night fun inviting people back for a shower.

I like your thinking

I'd like to play how many dirty festivallers in my shower at once "

How do I book a space?

By *illerbarbie86Woman
over a year ago

Colchester

Phone this premium rate number to reserve your space now! 0845-filthy-festival-fun and quote: killerbarbies soaking shower sensations

By *illerbarbie86Woman
over a year ago

Colchester

*only £5 per min, t&c's apply.

over a year ago

You bloody thief! That was my idea. Or are we going into business. You should be head of marketing.

By *illerbarbie86Woman
over a year ago

Colchester

[Removed by poster at 10/01/13 01:31:07]

By *illerbarbie86Woman
over a year ago

Colchester

Ha! Yes sorry it was indeed your idea, but I'm a naughty thief! And a greedy girl

over a year ago

noted.

i'll run the payroll then.. you handle marketing and acquisitions

over a year ago

I've got my ticket booked.

over a year ago

I'm heading over but i'm bringing my 15 year old nephew. Alas no fun for jsdd. We both want to see slipknot as they have only played ireland twice.

By *ovely CummingsWoman
over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

Mexican rawr anyone?!

There comes a point though once you hit 35 that your body starts to shout at you when you abuse it with sleeping rough and turning 40 last year I realised I'd rather have a comfortable bed and a proper shower, make good use of the fact that I have more disposable income now than I did when younger and had no choice of kipping in cars at MOR

Was that 94? The fact you saw Anthrax then makes we attracted to you I must say. Biohazard play that year too?"

was 87 my first monsters of rock, was 14

Saw them at Sheffield city hall same year, and following year saw metallica there too (pregnant lol )

over a year ago

I am sorely tempted to go and see QOTSA. Was listening to Songs For The Deaf today...one of the best albums ever made.

over a year ago

Mexican rawr anyone?!

Was that 94? The fact you saw Anthrax then makes we attracted to you I must say. Biohazard play that year too?

was 87 my first monsters of rock, was 14

Saw them at Sheffield city hall same year, and following year saw metallica there too (pregnant lol )"

Blimey. Extra points for you.

over a year ago

Looking forward to Download 2013 here,

over a year ago

I just hope the weather is nice this year. Because working in the mess last year was so awful.

By *anSusieCouple
over a year ago

Midlothian

WE LOVE DOWNLOAD

We allways do the whole hog:Wednesday till leaving day Monday.We camp and use the free showers every day!

Download is my(susies)personal heaven:fantastic people,great bands,huge neverending party.....never thought of mixing it with swinging mind!None of our friends know about our 2nd hobby

Love Rammstein + no way will we miss seeing our fav.band...it's been 10 month.

We already told all our friends + fam.that we celebrate our Silverwedding @ Download 2015,its always just a week after our anniversary ......all Rocking Fabsters:feel free to join us just don't mention swinging

Our festival season starts with Hammerfest in March

over a year ago

Must admit would be interesting to do a fab meet at download. Might do a "search nearby" or whatever at the time and see what randomness occurs.

over a year ago

Oh yes I shall be there! Can't wait.

over a year ago

"Must admit would be interesting to do a fab meet at download. Might do a "search nearby" or whatever at the time and see what randomness occurs."

Probably "Network failure"

over a year ago

Yep. i'll be there. 8th year running lol

over a year ago

Hoping to be there just need my ever loving company to give me the holidays pretty please

By *helleandliamCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Ticket has been brought and paid for :D

By *rjeremyMan
over a year ago

planet earth

BUTT SCCRAATTCHER!!!

Post new Message to Thread