By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well don't mind a bit of Batmobile or the meteors

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oxy j OP   Woman
over a year ago

somerset

"Well don't mind a bit of Batmobile or the meteors"

batmobile new album is on the decks here now great album ..they are in the uk over the weekend at northampton

love the meteors too

over a year ago

"Well don't mind a bit of Batmobile or the meteors

batmobile new album is on the decks here now great album ..they are in the uk over the weekend at northampton

love the meteors too"

Yeah was supposed to be seeing them with a friend but am now on call

over a year ago

Ive just bought tickets to see King Kurt at The Underworld in Camden, 24th June.

Unfortunately i dont have the haircut anymore.

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

Yup...

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

"Ive just bought tickets to see King Kurt at The Underworld in Camden, 24th June.

Unfortunately i dont have the haircut anymore. "

Did you get the zulu beat ten inch?

By *oxy j OP   Woman
over a year ago

somerset

"Ive just bought tickets to see King Kurt at The Underworld in Camden, 24th June.

Did you get the zulu beat ten inch?"

we did

By *oxy j OP   Woman
over a year ago

somerset

bald-a-billies is the new thing lol

love king kurt

over a year ago

bald-a-billies is the new thing lol

love king kurt "

Bald-a-Billies?!!!

I suspect there a many of us now.

King Kurt were my favourite.

As well as the Guana Batz

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

I remember a gig they did in the 80s..if you wore a dress you got in for nothing apparently...you couldn't wear nothing underneath though ....I doubt king Kurt still have the haircuts..

By *oxy j OP   Woman
over a year ago

somerset

I remember a gig they did in the 80s..if you wore a dress you got in for nothing apparently...you couldn't wear nothing underneath though ....I doubt king Kurt still have the haircuts.."

oh the things that happened in the early days was epic .... tits out dicks out flour eggs beans and other stuff being thrown around men in dress's even men in nappies and no one gave a rats arse just a night full of good fun ...

seen some of the hair cuts erm not good and there was a puke wheel somewhere never saw that but heard stories

over a year ago

I remember a gig they did in the 80s..if you wore a dress you got in for nothing apparently...you couldn't wear nothing underneath though ....I doubt king Kurt still have the haircuts.."

Was that at the Klub Foot in Hammersmith??

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

I remember a gig they did in the 80s..if you wore a dress you got in for nothing apparently...you couldn't wear nothing underneath though ....I doubt king Kurt still have the haircuts..

"

I seem to recall it was actually somewhere in Brixton..I never went but remember an advert in sounds for it .

over a year ago

Im gutted i got into the scene so late. About 1986.

So never went to any of the gigs back then.

By *sleWightCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Ryde

My husband is a HUGE fan of The Cramps.

He has god knows how many coloured vinyl editions from 80s album and singles releases!

As the very compilation of Rockabilly / Psychobilly tracks out there (and the most dynamite starting point for getting into them) he recommends seeking out the following album:

"Rockabilly Psychosis and the Garage Disease".

He says it's essential!

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

Did you get the zulu beat ten inch?

we did

"

I didn't as I've no record player but it looks brilliant.

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

I seem to recall it was actually somewhere in Brixton..I never went but remember an advert in sounds for it ."

Was the fridge in Brixton I think. I've a tape of the gig.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

"My husband is a HUGE fan of The Cramps.

He has god knows how many coloured vinyl editions from 80s album and singles releases!

As the very compilation of Rockabilly / Psychobilly tracks out there (and the most dynamite starting point for getting into them) he recommends seeking out the following album:

He says it's essential! "

Yes it is..it's how I discovered hasil Adkins..

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

"My husband is a HUGE fan of The Cramps.

He says it's essential! "

Brilliant album that. There's also a 5 cd psychobilly compilation also worth getting as well as a few of the old ones from back in the day.

By *oxy j OP   Woman
over a year ago

somerset

revenge of the killer pussies

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

I seem to recall it was actually somewhere in Brixton..I never went but remember an advert in sounds for it .

Was the fridge in Brixton I think. I've a tape of the gig. "

It is .. I'm that sad I googled king Kurt gig where you had to wear a dress..and it took me to a page.. apparently the gig was full so some people didn't get in

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

"revenge of the killer pussies "

Fistful of pussies

For a few pussies more

Psychobilly comps had the best names.

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

It is .. I'm that sad I googled king Kurt gig where you had to wear a dress..and it took me to a page.. apparently the gig was full so some people didn't get in "

Yeah. They played fuck off status quo at that gig.

over a year ago

It is .. I'm that sad I googled king Kurt gig where you had to wear a dress..and it took me to a page.. apparently the gig was full so some people didn't get in "

Ha ha...so some guys travelled to the gig wearing dresses, then got turned away...to walk round Brixton???

That's comedy gold.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

It is .. I'm that sad I googled king Kurt gig where you had to wear a dress..and it took me to a page.. apparently the gig was full so some people didn't get in

Ha ha...so some guys travelled to the gig wearing dresses, then got turned away...to walk round Brixton???

That's comedy gold."

.it was actually a skirt you had to wear I remember it wrong..thou I'm sure a dress would have counted..on the page I looked up.. there was a mention from someone..who said the gig was full so we got turned away...so we went to the 100 club instead to see the UK subs....in our skirts...

By *oxy j OP   Woman
over a year ago

somerset

demented are go blew the roof off in northampton this weekend gone

over a year ago

I'm a fan of The Cramps, Heavy Trash/Jon Spencer, and the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster.

Never really took a proper deep dive into that genre but I like a lot of old rock'n'roll so I imagine I'd quite like it

over a year ago

How could i forget...the only psychobilly song that the 'straights' had heard of.

Henry The Wasp by The Highliners

over a year ago

Me.. I'm off to pineda psychobilly festival in a few weeks. You should come x

39 weeks ago

Yeah love it , went to see Frenzy last night , good gig as always , watching Guana batz next year

Post new Message to Thread