Back to The Lounge

Cold Wax Strips For Legs

Jump to newest

By *hePerkyPumpkin OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Do they work?

I want smooth legs.

Tried shaving them and have had legs like cacti and patches of razor burn for days now, it's been driving me crazy... Like sever my legs off crazy.

I have very sensitive skin, prone to red bumps, rashes and razor burn.

Will cold wax strips work well for me or will I just be subjecting myself to a lot of pain and discomfort?

Any thoughts and tips will be greatly appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Did you shave whilst in the bath as the hot water makes for a smoother finish. I used to use good quality razor blades and used an exfoliator before shaving

I now get waxed every few weeks, works for me. Veet or other hair removal creams can be hit and miss, and as you have sensitive skin I'd probably avoid it. X

over a year ago

Cold wax strips have worked for me in the past. Bear in mind you will need to grow the hair for a bit to give the wax something to grip on to.

By *astandtheCurious2Couple
over a year ago

letchworth

They can work but if you’ve been shaving for a while it will take a few goes for a smooth finish. The best thing would be to go and get it done professionally at least for a couple of goes, a lot less painful that way too

over a year ago

Bristol

"Did you shave whilst in the bath as the hot water makes for a smoother finish. I used to use good quality razor blades and used an exfoliator before shaving

I now get waxed every few weeks, works for me. Veet or other hair removal creams can be hit and miss, and as you have sensitive skin I'd probably avoid it. X"

Yeah I shaved in the bath, exfoliated my legs, lathered them in shaving foam... but I used a disposable razor to remove the hair, and I shaved with the grain instead of against it.

I've had very mixed results with hair removal cream. in patches it can work fine, but other times it has lead to some pretty bad rashes

over a year ago

Bristol

"Cold wax strips have worked for me in the past. Bear in mind you will need to grow the hair for a bit to give the wax something to grip on to."

What sort of length are we talking about?

I think I might give them a shot and see what happens.

over a year ago

"Cold wax strips have worked for me in the past. Bear in mind you will need to grow the hair for a bit to give the wax something to grip on to.

I think I might give them a shot and see what happens."

Good question

Probably 3mm or so

over a year ago

Bristol

"Cold wax strips have worked for me in the past. Bear in mind you will need to grow the hair for a bit to give the wax something to grip on to.

I think I might give them a shot and see what happens.

Good question

Probably 3mm or so"

Awesome I should be able to get away with it then

Thank you

Post new Message to Thread