Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Would you complain?

Jump to newest

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

So on my food shop earlier, I bought a tub of B&J's Half Baked (on offer) and instead of it being smooth and creamy as I was expected, it was hard and crumbly, almost as if it was left in the shop freezer for too long.

Now I'm not normally one to complain about these things as it's trivial in the grand scheme of things, but I'm actually rather miffed, which might be because it was the first time trying that flavour and I was really excited. Have you ever complained about a grocery product that didn't meet your standards before and did you actually get anything in return?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wanna put my tongue so far up your ass so I can taste those grocery stores have put you through xx

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"So on my food shop earlier, I bought a tub of B&J's Half Baked (on offer) and instead of it being smooth and creamy as I was expected, it was hard and crumbly, almost as if it was left in the shop freezer for too long.

Now I'm not normally one to complain about these things as it's trivial in the grand scheme of things, but I'm actually rather miffed, which might be because it was the first time trying that flavour and I was really excited. Have you ever complained about a grocery product that didn't meet your standards before and did you actually get anything in return?"

Yep. Complained about smashed eggs in an Ocado order - refunded. Same with yoghurts delivered split open. Refunded.

Where there's blame, there's a claim

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"I wanna put my tongue so far up your ass so I can taste those grocery stores have put you through xx

"

You're more than welcome to sample my chocolate fudge brownie

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"So on my food shop earlier, I bought a tub of B&J's Half Baked (on offer) and instead of it being smooth and creamy as I was expected, it was hard and crumbly, almost as if it was left in the shop freezer for too long.

Now I'm not normally one to complain about these things as it's trivial in the grand scheme of things, but I'm actually rather miffed, which might be because it was the first time trying that flavour and I was really excited. Have you ever complained about a grocery product that didn't meet your standards before and did you actually get anything in return?

Yep. Complained about smashed eggs in an Ocado order - refunded. Same with yoghurts delivered split open. Refunded.

Where there's blame, there's a claim "

Yeah, but you did have a point as your items were damaged. Mine was just crap

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Yes, I've complained about wrong/damaged items in online shops and got refunds.

Once complained about finding a dog biscuit in the bag of cat food, got some vouchers from the company.

Always worth giving some feedback

over a year ago

Now I'm not normally one to complain about these things as it's trivial in the grand scheme of things, but I'm actually rather miffed, which might be because it was the first time trying that flavour and I was really excited. Have you ever complained about a grocery product that didn't meet your standards before and did you actually get anything in return?"

Yes, bought 4 boxes of strawberry jam/cream donut fingers, not one box had strawberry jam, only cream in the donuts, called the customer line and got my money back

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I wanna put my tongue so far up your ass so I can taste those grocery stores have put you through xx

"

That escalated quickly

By *empusMan
over a year ago

Poole

Think you’re right, probably stored too long. I would probably decide to complain but then realise I’d already eaten it all

over a year ago

Yes we’re actually eating our burgers and one of our daughters said that there was a hair on hers. As she pulled the hair the burger lifted off the plate. Hair not on it but in it. Wife drive back to the supermarket kicked off and ended up with a large tray of fresh chicken breasts

over a year ago

North West

Yeah, but you did have a point as your items were damaged. Mine was just crap "

The texture you describe is caused by the ice cream defrosting then refreezing. It's not been stored correctly, therefore is defective. Claim!

By *empusMan
over a year ago

Poole

"Yes we’re actually eating our burgers and one of our daughters said that there was a hair on hers. As she pulled the hair the burger lifted off the plate. Hair not on it but in it. Wife drive back to the supermarket kicked off and ended up with a large tray of fresh chicken breasts "

Nice one

By *llez WorldWoman
over a year ago

SE London

"

I love this support

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"Yes, I've complained about wrong/damaged items in online shops and got refunds.

Once complained about finding a dog biscuit in the bag of cat food, got some vouchers from the company.

Always worth giving some feedback "

Interesting, I didn't keep the receipt so might be tough to get a refund or voucher

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

Yes, bought 4 boxes of strawberry jam/cream donut fingers, not one box had strawberry jam, only cream in the donuts, called the customer line and got my money back "

Ahhh nice, I might give that a go in the morning if they're open and see what they say

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

That escalated quickly "

Not quickly enough in my opinion

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"Think you’re right, probably stored too long. I would probably decide to complain but then realise I’d already eaten it all "

I have actually already eaten half of it waiting for it to get better. It didn't

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"Yes we’re actually eating our burgers and one of our daughters said that there was a hair on hers. As she pulled the hair the burger lifted off the plate. Hair not on it but in it. Wife drive back to the supermarket kicked off and ended up with a large tray of fresh chicken breasts "

That's grim, but glad you managed to get it sorted and recompensed accordingly

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

The texture you describe is caused by the ice cream defrosting then refreezing. It's not been stored correctly, therefore is defective. Claim!"

I actually had no idea that was the reason for it! That does sound pretty negligent though so might actually do it!

over a year ago

North West

The texture you describe is caused by the ice cream defrosting then refreezing. It's not been stored correctly, therefore is defective. Claim!

I actually had no idea that was the reason for it! That does sound pretty negligent though so might actually do it! "

Ice cream is smooth because it's chilled very rapidly, so only tiny ice crystals form. If it heats up and becomes liquid, then refreezes slowly in the normal freezer, the crystals become larger and balls up the texture. It's been left out of a freezer either in storage or if it was delivered.

By *oeBeans OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

"Ice cream is smooth because it's chilled very rapidly, so only tiny ice crystals form. If it heats up and becomes liquid, then refreezes slowly in the normal freezer, the crystals become larger and balls up the texture. It's been left out of a freezer either in storage or if it was delivered. "

Well TIL! And there's no way it could've been from the shop to home becaus witness literally a 5min drive

over a year ago

North West

"Ice cream is smooth because it's chilled very rapidly, so only tiny ice crystals form. If it heats up and becomes liquid, then refreezes slowly in the normal freezer, the crystals become larger and balls up the texture. It's been left out of a freezer either in storage or if it was delivered.

Well TIL! And there's no way it could've been from the shop to home becaus witness literally a 5min drive"

You're welcome

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Yes. I like to get whay I am paying for and assume sellers want me to be satisfied

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I take my food seriously, as you can tell

If it ain't right, I politely complain and have received everything from a replacement through to refund and gift vouchers.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Supermarkets are pretty easy going when it comes to returning food, however not sure where you'll stand since you've eaten half of it!!

So you're probably better off phoning the Ben and Jerry's service line and trying to blag some stuff from them directly.

over a year ago

Nah I'm not a complainer, too much work Let it be, just squeeze the tub next time to check.

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Since you’ve eaten half of it not a chance

Buy better ice cream

Post new Message to Thread