Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Susan Boyle

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just got her long awaited album ....

She might be as mad as a box of frogs, but boy what a fantastic voice that woman has .....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aughtyHubbyMan
over a year ago

Sunderland

I heard her on X-Factor last night, yes she's got a special voice alright. Shes' what I call a natural talent. Good luck to the lady.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

She is def a talented singer, and an amazing voice, fair play to the girl

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'll never forget the faces of the judges when she 1st appeared on BGT, you could see that they were all prepared for a piss take.

Then she opened her mouth and nearly blew the roof off

If this album doesn't fly straight to No1, I'll be very suprised

over a year ago

I must admitt i watched that episode of BGT and thought she was going to be awful, but wow what a voice. Having said that though i still prefer Katherine Jenkins voice.

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

It's just a pity Susan Boyle isn't a bit easier on the eye.

over a year ago

"It's just a pity Susan Boyle isn't a bit easier on the eye."

Ohhhh yeah, that Pavarotti and Barbra Streisand were such eye candy too

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

not denying she has a good voice but be jayzuz shes murdered my favourite ever song so i wont be buying ANYTHING she does

By *iceguydaveMan
over a year ago

Monmouth

Got to agree with you Femme, Wild Horses is an absolute classic, but this insipid and soulless version makes me want to gouge my ears out with a blunt chisel and feed them to wolves (the animals, not the football team - that would be silly).

over a year ago

my we are a shallow bunch!!!

good play to her she an inspiration for everyone to go n follow that dream!x

over a year ago

"my we are a shallow bunch!!!

good play to her she an inspiration for everyone to go n follow that dream!x"

here here

over a year ago

Fantastic voice but I worry about her stability and if she is able to cope with all the media attention.

over a year ago

yeah i just hope there is some kind of support in place for her xx

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"It's just a pity Susan Boyle isn't a bit easier on the eye.

Ohhhh yeah, that Pavarotti and Barbra Streisand were such eye candy too "

Pavarotti worked in an area of music where appearance counts for little. Streisand came to fame in the early 60s before the cult of appearance overcame the need for talent.

over a year ago

well said that man!! appearence seems to count more than talent these days!!

over a year ago

Pavarotti worked in an area of music where appearance counts for little. Streisand came to fame in the early 60s before the cult of appearance overcame the need for talent."

Isnt statements like yours ( Shame she isn't easier on the eye) just perpetuating and encouraging the cult as you say, of appearance over talent?

over a year ago

Its typical of society today and you can see why kids are all about looks and appearances these days. Susan Boyle may not be stunning looking jaw dropping woman, but she has a voice that many of us would die for.At the end of the day when you pop a cd on or listen to the radio its the voice we here not the person we see.

over a year ago

give me talent over looks anyday!!

shane mcgowan perfect example to me!!

mick jagger no exactly a god?

there loads and loads susan boyle is an easy target for some who am sure arent open coffin material themselves!!!

over a year ago

LOL @ open coffin material!!

By *rouble and strifeCouple
over a year ago

Nr Glasgow

i hope everyone has learned a lesson regarding Susan Boyle. NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

over a year ago

open coffin lol love it

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

Pavarotti worked in an area of music where appearance counts for little. Streisand came to fame in the early 60s before the cult of appearance overcame the need for talent.

Isnt statements like yours ( Shame she isn't easier on the eye) just perpetuating and encouraging the cult as you say, of appearance over talent? "

Not in the slightest. It's a recognition of how things have been allowed to become. From the clips I saw of Boyle's first tv appearance it's obvious the judges had looked at her, seen a fat, frumpy woman and had already written her off - until she sang.

There's no point in denying that a slim figure, pretty face, good choice of costume can compensate for lack of talent.

over a year ago

sure it can if you shallow.........

personally if im listenin and emphasise listening i really dont give a shit what they look like as long as they can sing!!

over a year ago

Isnt statements like yours ( Shame she isn't easier on the eye) just perpetuating and encouraging the cult as you say, of appearance over talent?

Not in the slightest. It's a recognition of how things have been allowed to become. From the clips I saw of Boyle's first tv appearance it's obvious the judges had looked at her, seen a fat, frumpy woman and had already written her off - until she sang.

There's no point in denying that a slim figure, pretty face, good choice of costume can compensate for lack of talent."

not if im paying hahaha

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"..........

There's no point in denying that a slim figure, pretty face, good choice of costume can compensate for lack of talent.

not if im paying hahaha"

But we don't pay for music anymore, do we? We get it (virtually) free via television, radio, youtube, and free downloads.

over a year ago

"

There's no point in denying that a slim figure, pretty face, good choice of costume can compensate for lack of talent."

And you think this is a good thing hence the " Shame she isnt easier on they eye" comment?

over a year ago

here's a thought against the current grain here, I think her looks will help her sell, the fact that she is a breath of fresh air from the normal bile that the charts often spew up (think X factor), some people will rejoice in buying her material just so they can say 'I buy because of talent, not looks', almost seeing it as a vote against the type of programme/agency that she has actually become known through.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

do we really need more fecking manufactured shite????? ( my opinion of course)

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

bring back opportunity knocks now that was a true talent show not like todays show where the contestants get vocal training and the likes, and it really did bring some good talent to our screens in its time, and not just singers, for what are singers without the musicains that are behind them, there are very few people who could bring a song to life without music behind them. so i think we need a real talent show where people can show their musical talent too

over a year ago

"do we really need more fecking manufactured shite????? ( my opinion of course)"

Is Subo the new 'sex pistols'?

manufactured to appear not manufactured.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"bring back opportunity knocks now that was a true talent show not like todays show where the contestants get vocal training and the likes, and it really did bring some good talent to our screens in its time, and not just singers, for what are singers without the musicains that are behind them, there are very few people who could bring a song to life without music behind them. so i think we need a real talent show where people can show their musical talent too "
why do we need a show for that???

Post new Message to Thread