Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

DIY vehicle repairs

Jump to newest

By *annaPlayABC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bacup

I once had a Talbot Horizon (1984 A reg) that vile looking thing got me and family up and down the A1 every fortnight for about 3 years.

Realising it does nothing for street credibility,that and growing family we needed something bigger..

So,did what everyone did in them days..couple of hand written signs and parked up..bearing in mind it was an excellent runner,not a single thing wrong with car..until I decided to pop down to local shop and on way back home starting roaring from exhaust (sounded like middle pipe),gets home and takes a look and sure was,straight pipe has crack and hole size of 2p..not spending nothing on it just to 'give car' away to new buyer,so I 'improvised',cutting a large dog food can lengthways,2x jubilee clips and 20 minutes later..silence !

AND..it sold within 12 hours after that LOL.

I 'forgot' to mention this,then again they never asked

Pretty sure there have been way worse bodge jobs by some on here..cmon',own up !!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well, I do all my own car maintenance and repairs, but I do things properly - no bodges here.

Currently got the engine and transmission of my Yank out for overhaul.

Did a complete engine rebuild on my previous daily after the timing belt failed (bought with a full service history, unfortunately, whoever had done the timing belt service had neglected to change the lower 'wet' belt)

over a year ago

Lol my husband one of my thigh highs for a alternator belt to get us home.

over a year ago

I had an MG-ZT for about 8 months (my dream car tbh) had to do a few bodges on it including taking an angle grinder to the front hub mount because its bolts were so badly rusted and worn. ended up with the sills becoming so rusted it was going to cost a fortune to put right but i learned a lot aswell including how to replace brake hoses, pads and bleeding brakes

I miss the car because it was a future classic but its probably scrap by now.

By *eesiderladd31Man
over a year ago

redcar

Im not happy unless ive got either a women on my cock or spanners in my hand.

Once bought a fiesta for a quick flip clutch hose leaking fluid into release bearing on clip used super glue to keep it in worked a treat for the re sale haha

Post new Message to Thread