Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hardest thing you've ever done

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For .e its gotta be telling my 10 year old son at the time that his mom only has soo long to live I've never crumbled so much in my entire life , I fcking fell apart and he took it like a man , I've never had to do something so hard in my life , I literally still shake and shed a tear just thinking about it , I know that these things in life make you stronger as a person and I am a positive person in every sense , but that was by far and I think will always be the hardest task of my entire life

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Telling a family their loved one was reaching the end of their life in the first wave of covid. They were in my care home and hadn’t been able to visit.

Mrs

over a year ago

That must of been terrible not being able to visit because of covid , I couldn't even imagine the stress

over a year ago

Ah Pistol that's so sad and so unfair.

I lost my brother a few months ago dealing with the loss and everything that comes with suicide has been like nothing else I've ever been through. You've just got to take these things one day at a time as you're probably well aware.

I hope your little one is OK and the future has beautiful things in store for him. Sending you love.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Looking after my parent each died of cancer 6mth apart from each other . sorry to hear of all the other loses here and challenges .all the best .

over a year ago

"Ah Pistol that's so sad and so unfair.

I lost my brother a few months ago dealing with the loss and everything that comes with suicide has been like nothing else I've ever been through. You've just got to take these things one day at a time as you're probably well aware.

I hope your little one is OK and the future has beautiful things in store for him. Sending you love. "

thankyou and yeah his 14 now doing very well in school and makes me soo proud , his such a strong resilient young man and as for me I've never used my time more wisely as it is truly precious and stay positive everyday and doing really well myself now after a long time , anyway thank you for your kind word and have a great day with lots of positive vibes and energy your way too

over a year ago

"Looking after my parent each died of cancer 6mth apart from each other . sorry to hear of all the other loses here and challenges .all the best . "

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Getting a call from best mate saying his brother had died (only in his 40s). Then having to tell the close family.

By *ocksareoffMan
over a year ago

Out n About

I feel for you Mr. Telling my kids their grandparents had gone was difficult to say the least.

By *hatBeardedChapMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Recovering from heart surgery I guess

I mean its been a little over a year now n I'm still pretty messed up Yay for Birth defects

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've had to do a fair few very difficult things. I think sitting with my mum after she'd sustained a serious head injury was pretty tough. Then sitting with her (some years later) as she died was a privilege and very hard thing to do.

Life presents you with some difficult days as you go along

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Having each of my dogs put to sleep when it was their time

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Having each of my dogs put to sleep when it was their time "

Of all the things in life that are hard, I think that must be one of the most difficult.

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

The most difficult thing was surviving my childhood and holding on to my soul. Damaged and broken as it was.

Coming to terms with the fact that I gave my children into the care of my abusers due to my childhood coping strategies was also very difficult.

over a year ago

Two miscarriages in hospital by myself because my husband had more important things to be doing than he sat with me while I was losing his babies

By *eally_RosieWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

[Removed by poster at 22/02/23 10:23:17]

By *eally_RosieWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

[Removed by poster at 22/02/23 10:23:15]

By *haron StonerTV/TS
over a year ago

Haywards Heath

Call the police when I found out my friend was stealing from me.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Having each of my dogs put to sleep when it was their time "

It's such a raw grief. I remember flying back from uni so I could be with my dog when it was time.

As daft as it sounds, I think he saved me - when I moved in with my grandparents I was damaged. Physically, mentally. You know when you think you're not meant for this world? Yep. But the simple act of his unwavering love and silliness helped me rebuild. Find that resilience again. I think a little part of me broke when he died but he also reminded me I could love. It sounds so silly when I type it out. Oh well, that's my morning sentimental waffle done.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"Having each of my dogs put to sleep when it was their time

It's such a raw grief. I remember flying back from uni so I could be with my dog when it was time.

As daft as it sounds, I think he saved me - when I moved in with my grandparents I was damaged. Physically, mentally. You know when you think you're not meant for this world? Yep. But the simple act of his unwavering love and silliness helped me rebuild. Find that resilience again. I think a little part of me broke when he died but he also reminded me I could love. It sounds so silly when I type it out. Oh well, that's my morning sentimental waffle done. "

Not silly at all Melster, dogs have a lot to teach us about life. Not only how to love unconditionally, but also about enjoying every damn moment. Look at any dog on a walk, same place they go most days, but every day it's exciting. And no human will ever be as pleased to see you as your dog when you return home, and they're not afraid to show it.

We should all be a little bit more 'dog'

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

Calling my partners children and sister to let them know that they better hurry to the hospital. She'd had a cardiac arrest. The staff managed to resuscitate but she never recovered consciousness. She was put on a ventilator and other life support until the others arrived.

Worst day ever.

Post new Message to Thread