Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tiger Woods

Jump to newest

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I see the depressingly predictable has happened, and he has apologised.

There will always be cranks and morons on the internet getting offended by everything, and the media will get on board for clicks like the scum they are.

The only thing that will make this nonsense go away is if those targeted stand firm and refuse to apologise or just ignore the idiots. The media would then soon discover there is no longer any currency in pumping outrage.

Will this ever happen though?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *licia_2021TV/TS
over a year ago

Ashby De La Zouch

Just gotta suck it up like a tampon and ignore it

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Just gotta suck it up like a tampon and ignore it"

I agree. Yet they feel the need apologise.

Ill bet he doesn't even know what hes apologising for

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I see the depressingly predictable has happened, and he has apologised.

There will always be cranks and morons on the internet getting offended by everything, and the media will get on board for clicks like the scum they are.

The only thing that will make this nonsense go away is if those targeted stand firm and refuse to apologise or just ignore the idiots. The media would then soon discover there is no longer any currency in pumping outrage.

Will this ever happen though? "

shite sells heh.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

What's he done/not done now?!

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

He might have been joking but it was a sexist joke. That's the end of it. Stop getting offended by people being offended about something that's clearly offensive

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"What's he done/not done now?!"

He slipped a Tampon into another players hand when he had a longer drive that that player

The implication was he played like a girl

Some people think its funny ....others are offended

He apologied

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

[Removed by poster at 18/02/23 19:37:07]

By *KG12Couple
over a year ago

Burnley

"What's he done/not done now?!"

Gave another golfer a tampon.

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"He might have been joking but it was a sexist joke. That's the end of it. Stop getting offended by people being offended about something that's clearly offensive "

It was 2 friends sharing a joke with with each. It was nobody else's business

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Really??

Is that all, gamesmanship at best

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"He might have been joking but it was a sexist joke. That's the end of it. Stop getting offended by people being offended about something that's clearly offensive

It was 2 friends sharing a joke with with each. It was nobody else's business"

I mean if it wasn't on a public stage you'd probably be right about it being no one else's business

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Oh for gods sake. It's about time people stopped being so damn easily offended.

By *KG12Couple
over a year ago

Burnley

If it happened at a local golf course, it would have been a topic of conversation on the 19th hole and joked about for a week or two after.

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"He might have been joking but it was a sexist joke. That's the end of it. Stop getting offended by people being offended about something that's clearly offensive "

By *nfucktuationMan
over a year ago

manchester

"Oh for gods sake. It's about time people stopped being so damn easily offended.

"

Too right

By *cooby6969Man
over a year ago

Gosport

It was a private golf joke between 2mates get the fuck over it you load of wokes

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

For context here is his apology, seems he's laughed it off and explained it in a perfectly reasonable way. I'm not sure how or why such an apology would cause outrage

"It was supposed to be all fun and games and obviously it hasn't turned out that way," said Woods, 47.

If I offended anybody in any way, shape or form, I'm sorry," he added.

It was not intended to be that way. We play pranks on one another all the time and virally I think this did not come across that way, but between us it was, it's different."

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"He might have been joking but it was a sexist joke. That's the end of it. Stop getting offended by people being offended about something that's clearly offensive

I mean if it wasn't on a public stage you'd probably be right about it being no one else's business

"

What relevance is that? Still 2 players sharing a private joke together. The fact that one of them felt the need to apologise is embarassing

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

What relevance is that? Still 2 players sharing a private joke together. The fact that one of them felt the need to apologise is embarassing "

It's not private when you've got an audience though is it? And a professional spirtsman competing is definitely in public

To be honest I just think it's purile rather than particularly offensive, but by the definition of the word it was not a private joke

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Maybe it was in poor taste with the public viewing, maybe it was misguided but ‘offensive’ , nah, not even approaching offensive.

It’s fast becoming the new ‘go too’ expression.

People who are so easily ‘offended’ need to stop being such a big girls blouse.

over a year ago

North West

Maybe it was in poor taste with the public viewing, maybe it was misguided but ‘offensive’ , nah, not even approaching offensive.

People who are so easily ‘offended’ need to stop being such a big girls blouse. "

Why is "big girls' blouse" used in a derogatory manner? But not "big boy's shirt" or similar?

Curious, eh?

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

People who are so easily ‘offended’ need to stop being such a big girls blouse. "

I know. And the question has to be, what are people tryingnto achieve with this new barmoter of offence?

Are we trying to eliminate all potential hurt feelings in peoples entire lives? Are we trying to shelter kids from literally everything that might cause them the slightest bit of offence?

Is this what people consider a higher form of existence?

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

It’s not offensive, and no-one has been offended. But like many middle aged men, Tiger Woods has recently found out that publicly suggesting someone is female as a way of being derogative belongs firmly in the past, whether it’s a joke or not.

Like many middle aged men, he doesn’t learn very quickly that the world is changing faster than he is. This should give him a helping hand.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Oh for gods sake. It's about time people stopped being so damn easily offended.

"

Agree. It’s getting ridiculous. Laughable! The world has gone bonkers

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"It’s not offensive, and no-one has been offended. But like many middle aged men, Tiger Woods has recently found out that publicly suggesting someone is female as a way of being derogative belongs firmly in the past, whether it’s a joke or not.

Like many middle aged men, he doesn’t learn very quickly that the world is changing faster than he is. This should give him a helping hand."

Or he could just ignore it and not give these people the oxygen they crave

Ill revert to my original post again. The onus is on the person targeted not to submit to the perpetually offended

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Why is "big girls' blouse" used in a derogatory manner? But not "big boy's shirt" or similar?

Curious, eh?"

I have no idea of the origins of the phrase, it is traditionally used to infer that the person is being a bit of a softy or a bit ‘girly’

I specifically used it in keeping with the theme of the original gesture.

A comment involving a boys shirt would not draw the necessary parallel.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"It’s not offensive, and no-one has been offended. But like many middle aged men, Tiger Woods has recently found out that publicly suggesting someone is female as a way of being derogative belongs firmly in the past, whether it’s a joke or not.

Like many middle aged men, he doesn’t learn very quickly that the world is changing faster than he is. This should give him a helping hand."

And how many women joke with mate's if one of them walks like a man or something similar?

As a man I wouldn't find it derogatory or offensive.

Just two mate's ribbing each other.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Like many middle aged men, he doesn’t learn very quickly that the world is changing faster than he is. This should give him a helping hand.

Ill revert to my original post again. The onus is on the person targeted not to submit to the perpetually offended"

No, the onus is on middle aged men who don’t realise the world has changed to deal with it, and stop being offended by the fact the world has changed.

The only person offended here really, is you. Woods himself seems to have coped with it pretty well.

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Ill revert to my original post again. The onus is on the person targeted not to submit to the perpetually offended

No, the onus is on middle aged men who don’t realise the world has changed to deal with it, and stop being offended by the fact the world has changed.

The only person offended here really, is you. Woods himself seems to have coped with it pretty well."

The only people offended are those crazies on twitter and then backed up by the faux outrage from the media to garner attention.

Woods should have said absolutely nothing and treated them like a bad smell

over a year ago

North West

Curious, eh?

I have no idea of the origins of the phrase, it is traditionally used to infer that the person is being a bit of a softy or a bit ‘girly’

A comment involving a boys shirt would not draw the necessary parallel. "

But why is being a girl tantamount to being soft? I wasn't fucking soft as a child, nor am I now. The odd lad who thought it sensible to tease me or piss me off regretted it quickly and despite being the fat girl at school, I was left well alone by the bullies. I believe they valued their good looks. My nickname at secondary school related to my tough demeanor also

Girls are tough as fuck.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

And how many women joke with mate's if one of them walks like a man or something similar?

As a man I wouldn't find it derogatory or offensive.

Just two mate's ribbing each other."

How many world famous women do joke in front of an international sports audience that a friend walks like a man? Not sure, probably zero? But if they did, it would be in the news.

But as there isn’t a global history of men subjugating women into inequality, and masculinity being seen as a state of inferiority, it’s a spurious comparison.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

The only person offended here really, is you. Woods himself seems to have coped with it pretty well.

The only people offended are those crazies on twitter and then backed up by the faux outrage from the media to garner attention.

Woods should have said absolutely nothing and treated them like a bad smell"

Woods isn’t starting threads moaning about it though - that’s what you’re doing.

It’s offended you, and you want everyone to know about it. You should try not getting offended so easily!

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Curious, eh?

But why is being a girl tantamount to being soft? I wasn't fucking soft as a child, nor am I now. The odd lad who thought it sensible to tease me or piss me off regretted it quickly and despite being the fat girl at school, I was left well alone by the bullies. I believe they valued their good looks. My nickname at secondary school related to my tough demeanor also

Girls are tough as fuck."

I believe it is a carry over from a traditional concept in history , that girls are of a particular disposition and boys of another.

I’m sure we all know people who do not conform to either of these stereotypes.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Woods should have said absolutely nothing and treated them like a bad smell"

Honestly there's more outrage on this thread than there was om twitter.

People commente that it was sexist, that it represented outdated stereotypes and in the world of professional sport where women are definitely second class to men it probably wasn't great.

There wasn't any outrage.

And as Woods has acknowledged it was a private joke that was in public and may have upset people

Again no big apology, no grovelling, no begging for forgiveness, just an acknowledgement he may have upset people.

Again no outrage.

over a year ago

Why the fuck did he pack a tampon to take to the match?

It's not exactly a go to thing you take to a golf match

Premeditated is the only answer. What a plank

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Woods isn’t starting threads moaning about it though - that’s what you’re doing.

It’s offended you, and you want everyone to know about it. You should try not getting offended so easily! "

Will i only start threads about things you like so?

And i think its fair to say, looking at that last comment youve just written before this one, youre very triggered by the whole thing.

What happened to peaceful discourse? Instead of trying to rubbish peoples intentions in every thread?

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

People commente that it was sexist, that it represented outdated stereotypes and in the world of professional sport where women are definitely second class to men it probably wasn't great.

And as Woods has acknowledged it was a private joke that was in public and may have upset people

Again no big apology, no grovelling, no begging for forgiveness, just an acknowledgement he may have upset people.

Again no outrage."

He apologised. He wouldnt have done so were it not for the outrage online which was amplified by various media figures in the states.

There is no disputing any of the above

He wouldnt have apogised if none of the above happened

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"

Exactly this! There are things I joke about with friends that I would never joke about on here. Know your audience is the term that comes to mind

over a year ago

Again no outrage.

He apologised. He wouldnt have done so were it not for the outrage online which was amplified by various media figures in the states.

There is no disputing any of the above

He wouldnt have apogised if none of the above happened"

If there was no tampon, there would be no outrage. From anyone. End of.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"

It’s offended you, and you want everyone to know about it. You should try not getting offended so easily! "

I can’t see where the OP has said he’s ‘offended’.

He seems fed up or pissed off by the reaction to the incident.

I would say the word offended is being misused, again.

over a year ago

North West

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

I believe it is a carry over from a traditional concept in history , that girls are of a particular disposition and boys of another.

I’m sure we all know people who do not conform to either of these stereotypes. "

I don't know any who conform to such stereotypes! None of the women in my life are nesh. None of the women in my life are soft and nor are the men hyper "masculine" or whatever.

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"

It’s offended you, and you want everyone to know about it. You should try not getting offended so easily!

I can’t see where the OP has said he’s ‘offended’.

He seems fed up or pissed off by the reaction to the incident.

I would say the word offended is being misused, again. "

Away with your sensible comment.

Remember, the only way to clap back against someone is to claim they are also offended. Much easier than discussing in a mature grown up manner

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

And i think its fair to say, looking at that last comment youve just written before this one, youre very triggered by the whole thing.

What happened to peaceful discourse? Instead of trying to rubbish peoples intentions in every thread? "

Your very first post is you calling people (that you have entirely imagined) cranks, morons, idiots and scum. Is that your idea of peaceful discourse?

Maybe think about why you’ve let this thing - that is inconsequential for anyone except Tiger Woods, who has dealt with it like an adult - to trigger you so badly.

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

I don't know any who conform to such stereotypes! None of the women in my life are nesh. None of the women in my life are soft and nor are the men hyper "masculine" or whatever. "

Its just an old saying. Thats all

By *each_PittWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

He has a thing for tampons. Wasn't there a story about him and a girl involving tampons. I'm probably wrong but you'd think he'd find something not so close to home to make a "joke" about

over a year ago

"He has a thing for tampons. Wasn't there a story about him and a girl involving tampons. I'm probably wrong but you'd think he'd find something not so close to home to make a "joke" about "
maybe it's all a clever ruse, like Boris and his model buses ...

over a year ago

North West

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

I don't know any who conform to such stereotypes! None of the women in my life are nesh. None of the women in my life are soft and nor are the men hyper "masculine" or whatever.

Its just an old saying. Thats all"

The saying has origins like any saying. I wish it wasn't used at all, because it suggests girls are soft/wimps when in fact they are not.

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

What happened to peaceful discourse? Instead of trying to rubbish peoples intentions in every thread?

Your very first post is you calling people (that you have entirely imagined) cranks, morons, idiots and scum. Is that your idea of peaceful discourse?

Maybe think about why you’ve let this thing - that is inconsequential for anyone except Tiger Woods, who has dealt with it like an adult - to trigger you so badly. "

Are you will to discuss the subject matter? If you are, im happy to engage. If youre just going to continue this circular silliness then ill bid you goodbye

over a year ago

Bang a new pornstar every day

Tell your sponsors it’ll be ok

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

I don't know any who conform to such stereotypes! None of the women in my life are nesh. None of the women in my life are soft and nor are the men hyper "masculine" or whatever. "

Really?

I know plenty of ‘girly’ females and an equal portion of males who seem to think they have stepped straight out of a He-Man cartoon.

I’m happy to let both be whom so ever they wish.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Maybe think about why you’ve let this thing - that is inconsequential for anyone except Tiger Woods, who has dealt with it like an adult - to trigger you so badly.

Are you will to discuss the subject matter? If you are, im happy to engage. If youre just going to continue this circular silliness then ill bid you goodbye"

The very first post you quoted here dealt with the subject matter - there’s nothing else to say on that. Very sorry if you find what’s been said about it offensive though, there was really no intention to offend you!

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

The saying has origins like any saying. I wish it wasn't used at all, because it suggests girls are soft/wimps when in fact they are not. "

Well i suppose, on average, girls are much less physically strong than men. Presume thats where it came from

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Why is there an assumption that Woods had to apologise? Is it beyond the realms of possibility he chose to apologise?

People do that all the time, they reflect on their actions and apologise

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Why is there an assumption that Woods had to apologise? Is it beyond the realms of possibility he chose to apologise?

People do that all the time, they reflect on their actions and apologise"

Anything is possible of course.

Highly unlikely though, i think its fair to say

over a year ago

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

The saying has origins like any saying. I wish it wasn't used at all, because it suggests girls are soft/wimps when in fact they are not.

Well i suppose, on average, girls are much less physically strong than men. Presume thats where it came from"

Or from patriarchal societies that assumed male superiority, rather than recognising the skills everyone has to ensure the survival of the species?

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Why is there an assumption that Woods had to apologise? Is it beyond the realms of possibility he chose to apologise?

People do that all the time, they reflect on their actions and apologise"

Yes, it’s what mature adults typically do, when they realise they’ve made a mistake. That’s not always something people can easily understand though.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Highly unlikely though, i think its fair to say"

What makes you think it's highly unlikely?

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

Well i suppose, on average, girls are much less physically strong than men. Presume thats where it came from

Or from patriarchal societies that assumed male superiority, rather than recognising the skills everyone has to ensure the survival of the species? "

Ive no idea. Im just hypothesising. My guess is its closer to my suggestion

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

What makes you think it's highly unlikely?"

Logic would

over a year ago

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

Or from patriarchal societies that assumed male superiority, rather than recognising the skills everyone has to ensure the survival of the species?

Ive no idea. Im just hypothesising. My guess is its closer to my suggestion "

Obviously

over a year ago

Logic would"

Not self reflection, hindsight, realisation?

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Logic would

"

I dont think so, to be honest, no

over a year ago

Logic would

I dont think so, to be honest, no"

That's more a reflection on you, than anything else.

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Logic would

That's more a reflection on you, than anything else. "

Do you honestly think he would have apologised if literally no person or media member made an issue out of it?

By *astandFeistyCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

There most definitely was outrage on Twitter, and guess what? It's mostly fucking men being outraged. Must be some kind of 'white-knight' thing.

There was zero outrage when a female golfer done it to JT last year. Why?

Is anyone aware that there's a fair few on the LPGA who have actually come out in public and said they find this funny?

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Logic would

I dont think so, to be honest, no"

Are you suggesting Tiger Woods os incapable of self reflection, developing hindsight and gaining insight/realisation in to what he did?

over a year ago

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

Obviously "

not clear what the entemology is from Google (well duckduckgo)

Possibly from "flapping like a big girls blouse on a clothes line". Similar "wet blanket".

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Logic would

Are you suggesting Tiger Woods os incapable of self reflection, developing hindsight and gaining insight/realisation in to what he did?"

No, im not suggesting that

over a year ago

North West

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

Really?

I know plenty of ‘girly’ females and an equal portion of males who seem to think they have stepped straight out of a He-Man cartoon.

I’m happy to let both be whom so ever they wish. "

Really. Our daughter likes pink and wearing sparkly dresses, but she's as tough as any boy. I don't know any hyper masculine sorts, possibly because we probably wouldn't get along. In my experience, some men feel quite threatened by a woman who can hold her own. Shame really, because I'm a very loving and kind person, but I'm also incredibly tough, outspoken and fiercely independent. If someone tells me I can't do something, I'll do it. It was the same when I was a child. "Nice girls don't do X."

Me: hold my juice carton.....

over a year ago

What's he done?

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Logic would

Do you honestly think he would have apologised if literally no person or media member made an issue out of it? "

I'm not sure that equates to the apology being forced?

I mean, I've quoted his apology upthread and it's hardly corporate or sounding insincere

over a year ago

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

Obviously not clear what the entemology is from Google (well duckduckgo)

Possibly from "flapping like a big girls blouse on a clothes line". Similar "wet blanket". "

The phrase "Big Girl's Blouse" is a British English idiom meaning "ineffectual or weak, someone failing to show masculine strength or determination."

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Logic would

Do you honestly think he would have apologised if literally no person or media member made an issue out of it?

I mean, I've quoted his apology upthread and it's hardly corporate or sounding insincere"

Do you think he would have apologised if nobody made an issue of it?

over a year ago

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

Possibly from "flapping like a big girls blouse on a clothes line". Similar "wet blanket".

The phrase "Big Girl's Blouse" is a British English idiom meaning "ineffectual or weak, someone failing to show masculine strength or determination.""

I know what it means ... But it's an odd idiom so intrigued how it came about.

over a year ago

Logic would

Do you honestly think he would have apologised if literally no person or media member made an issue out of it? "

As I said earlier, if there had been no tampon, there would not have been any outrage. From anyone. At all. No tampon = no outrage.

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

I remember reading a joke Woods played on a playing partner , I think it was Michael Jordon. After both had used driver on a hole , Woods asked Jordan if he'd heard about the new Walmart superstore they were opening.

Jordan said " no , where ? "

Woods said " between where your ball landed and mine "

He has always been a show off. In this case I just think he was emphasising his power over the other guy's , after all. Women don't hit it as far as men.

Poor taste joke in public , that's all.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Logic would

I mean, I've quoted his apology upthread and it's hardly corporate or sounding insincere

Do you think he would have apologised if nobody made an issue of it? "

Obviously not. But that doesn't mean the apology was insincere or forced.

If you inadvertently offended people would you not apologise?

Is saying "I didn't mean to offend anyone but realise I might have, sorry", which is what his apology amounts to really that outrageous?

By *ryan...Man
over a year ago

1950's Original

I'd like to be offended..but I'm devoting so much time to the old racism ...and looking after the farm..it's the Chinese I'm after..

over a year ago

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

The phrase "Big Girl's Blouse" is a British English idiom meaning "ineffectual or weak, someone failing to show masculine strength or determination."I know what it means ... But it's an odd idiom so intrigued how it came about. "

The informal British phrase big girl’s blouse denotes a man regarded as weak, cowardly or oversensitive.

It seems to have originated in Lancashire, a county in northwestern England.

The earliest recorded instance of the phrase is from the script, by John Stevenson1, of the British television sitcom Nearest and Dearest (2nd series, episode 1 – 1969), set in Colne, Lancashire:

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

99.999999% of the outrage on this incident seems to be from people who seem to think "the woke" are offended. Which doesn't actually seem to be the case.

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Logic would

Is saying "I didn't mean to offend anyone but realise I might have, sorry", which is what his apology amounts to really that outrageous?

"

I didnt say anything was outrageous.

I also dont think he means the apology one bit, and is just doing it to get people off his back

over a year ago

Logic would

Are you suggesting Tiger Woods os incapable of self reflection, developing hindsight and gaining insight/realisation in to what he did?

No, im not suggesting that "

So maybe that's why he apologised? He reflected and saw that it wasn't appropriate?

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Logic would

So maybe that's why he apologised? He reflected and saw that it wasn't appropriate? "

As i said above, anything is possible.

Highly unlikely however

over a year ago

Logic would

So maybe that's why he apologised? He reflected and saw that it wasn't appropriate?

Highly unlikely however"

Because you know him personally, and he told you?

By *astandFeistyCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Logic would

Highly unlikely however

Because you know him personally, and he told you? "

I know him personally and he told me he didn't really have a choice

Seriously though, if you genuinely think he's made that apology off his own back then you have no idea how professional sport and the media works.

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Logic would

Highly unlikely however

Because you know him personally, and he told you? "

No. Im giving my opinion

By *ryan...Man
over a year ago

1950's Original

Breaking news..Tiger Woods is bringing out his autobiography... it's going to be a pop up book

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Logic would

I also dont think he means the apology one bit, and is just doing it to get people off his back"

I don't think you need to explicitly say it was outrageous, it's clear from your first post that you are outraged, and seemingly angry about him apologising? It's clear you aren't endorsing isn't it?

By *ananaman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Logic would

I also dont think he means the apology one bit, and is just doing it to get people off his back

I don't think you need to explicitly say it was outrageous, it's clear from your first post that you are outraged, and seemingly angry about him apologising? It's clear you aren't endorsing isn't it?

"

Im not outraged. I really think people need to start reverting to dictionary definitions before using words these days, as so many are being used incorrectly now.

Im discussing the issue because i find it of interest, particularly now as its so topical these days.

However, most people now seem to be concerned WHY someone wants to discuss something , rather than just actually discussing it. I find that whole line of thinking bizarre i have to say and it has a whiff of trying to shut someone down

over a year ago

Logic would

Im not outraged. I really think people need to start reverting to dictionary definitions before using words these days, as so many are being used incorrectly now.

Im discussing the issue because i find it of interest, particularly now as its so topical these days.

However, most people now seem to be concerned WHY someone wants to discuss something , rather than just actually discussing it. I find that whole line of thinking bizarre i have to say and it has a whiff of trying to shut someone down"

Language is fluid and takes on new nuances and meanings. That's why new words are added to the Oxford English Dictionary each year.

It's like the term woke. In a very short space of time, the meaning has shifted.

Lots of words have had their meanings changed over time.

over a year ago

North West

Logic would

However, most people now seem to be concerned WHY someone wants to discuss something , rather than just actually discussing it. I find that whole line of thinking bizarre i have to say and it has a whiff of trying to shut someone down

Language is fluid and takes on new nuances and meanings. That's why new words are added to the Oxford English Dictionary each year.

It's like the term woke. In a very short space of time, the meaning has shifted.

"

Indeed. It's been such a gay day today, don't you think?

over a year ago

Logic would

Indeed. It's been such a gay day today, don't you think? "

Oh yes, such a gay day!

over a year ago

Curious, eh?

Girls are tough as fuck.

The phrase "Big Girl's Blouse" is a British English idiom meaning "ineffectual or weak, someone failing to show masculine strength or determination."I know what it means ... But it's an odd idiom so intrigued how it came about.

The informal British phrase big girl’s blouse denotes a man regarded as weak, cowardly or oversensitive.

It seems to have originated in Lancashire, a county in northwestern England.

The earliest recorded instance of the phrase is from the script, by John Stevenson1, of the British television sitcom Nearest and Dearest (2nd series, episode 1 – 1969), set in Colne, Lancashire:"

that's what my Google skills got on first hit. I had to work harder to get a bit further.. I'm still none the wiser as to why it was a saying in lancs.

By *hil most chillMan
over a year ago

London & Europe

It was a childish, sexist joke, and he was pretty silly to think he could do it privately, while cameras were on him.

He didn't even apologise, it was a just a "sorry if you were offended" statement.

The level of gaslighting and mansplaining going on in this thread is painful to read. It surely isn't that difficult to grasp that some people will be offended by sexist jokes??

By *licia_2021TV/TS
over a year ago

Ashby De La Zouch

Lets face it tiger woods is probably used to apologizing for greater things like sex scandals and wrapping your car around a tree ( if i remember correctly)

Post new Message to Thread