Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Asexuality

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Possibly quite contradictory considering the site we're on, but are there any asexual people on fab?

I've been doing a lot of 'soul searching' (for want of a better phrase) recently and I'm genuinely questioning if I'm asexual. Looking back on my life, I've only ever really had an interest in sex when a relationship is new or a relationship has just ended, or there were other factors like alcohol or other substances involved. I'm far more interested in the closeness that a relationship brings, and find it much more fulfilling personally. That's not to say I'm not attracted to features that I believe to be beautiful, or that I don't become aroused at other times on occasion, but it seems quite rare that I have a desire to pursue it further.

I joined fab after a relationship breakdown, with the misconceptions that a lot of single guys have when they join,in believing it was just a sex site and I wanted a NSA hookup. But I found the forums and found that I really enjoy the forums and the community. There are a lot of wonderful people and conversations I could never find anywhere else, so I want to stay. But kind of feel like a little bit of an imposter. If there are any asexual people on here I'd love to chat and learn more about it, and would also reassure me a little that I still belong, in a sense

Sorry for the long and serious post guys but thanks for reading, here's a giraffe

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wondered if I was asexual for a little while, but it turned out I just didn’t like my husband

If you’re here and you treat people with respect then you belong here. Contrary to common belief, not everyone here is at it 24/7

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I shall take your and raise you with a peace symbol .

You're not an imposter. The forå is for one and all.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'll echo the two posters above and say that you do belong here.

I do sense s deeper confusion that I'm not equipped to advise you on but I will say that you're uniquely you, how you feel about sex and it's place in your relationships is fine "as long as you're honest with the people you're in a relationship with and they with you*

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

I don't know much about asexuality, OP, but know that there's room for everyone on here!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Oh no I got my * and my " mixed up soz

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Oh no I got my * and my " mixed up soz"

We can discuss this unforgivable travesty as I ravish you against the forgivable tapestries...in the Churchill Suite.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Oh no I got my * and my " mixed up soz

We can discuss this unforgivable travesty as I ravish you against the forgivable tapestries...in the Churchill Suite. "

There are tapestries? Why didn't you tell me.

over a year ago

Thanks guys, everything I love about fab is right here in these responses, you're all awesome and I'll cherish my peace sign Nero

over a year ago

Thank you, I think you're right about the confusion, I've been pondering it for quite some time and it's probably time to go a little deeper with my research

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Thank you, I think you're right about the confusion, I've been pondering it for quite some time and it's probably time to go a little deeper with my research"

You can use the reply+quote button to quote the post you're replying to

over a year ago

"Thank you, I think you're right about the confusion, I've been pondering it for quite some time and it's probably time to go a little deeper with my research

You can use the reply+quote button to quote the post you're replying to "

I thought I had, but maybe I should have checked haha, thank you

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Hey op , I met a few demisexual people on here , which is a type of asexuality where you only get secondary sexual attraction. If you like sex when feeling low or otherwise only with people you know really well , maybe you are Demi

over a year ago

"Hey op , I met a few demisexual people on here , which is a type of asexuality where you only get secondary sexual attraction. If you like sex when feeling low or otherwise only with people you know really well , maybe you are Demi "

Thank you I'll definitely look into that. I've heard the term demisexual but never really knew what it meant

Post new Message to Thread