Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Moving on up.....

Jump to newest

By *inky_couple2020 OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

.... moving on out. There's a mega removals truck outside our house, and men are packing our lives into it as I type. Nearly 15 years of memories from this house - most of our son's life; all our daughter's life so far. The majority of our 19yr relationship is represented in this house, it was our first "proper" house together. We've had to downsize our stuff and so many things that prompt both happy and sad memories have been uncovered and either handed on, packed or binned.

It's a bittersweet thing - this house no longer meets my needs and it's riddled with problems, but it's been home since 2008.

I'm putting my big girl pants on, because despite the excitement of moving to a bungalow, it's terrifying to leave everything you've built over so long.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

It's an inanimate object that has its part in memories, not the memories themselves or the catalyst for what made the memories memorable, good or bad.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Oo KC tomorrow is the big day!

I’m sure it’s sad to think back over all those memories and be moving away, but you’ll still have those memories. Not even your pain can take that away from you.

This move is a good thing for your every day mobility and I hope it works well for that at least. You’ll make loads of nice new memories in the bungalow and it will be the place you got better.

Good luck my lovely.

over a year ago

North West

Hilariously, Mr KC has just discovered a lost butt plug. It had fallen behind our bed (fuck knows how!) Glad he found it and not the removals guys or my brother or friend who will be helping tomorrow

It's all very real now. The money will be sent over by the mortgage company today, so many things to do

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

Good luck! Bittersweet is, I'm sure, the word. But such a positive future for you as you have the chance to regain independence.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

KC² — such fond memories from your gingerbread house. Here's wishing you on your next chapter along the yellow brick road. I hope it all goes smoothly and that you're all able to settle in with minimal fuss and maximum joy!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So you got a bungalow then? Welljel

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

Good luck with your move and I wish you well in your ongoing journey xxx

over a year ago

All the best of luck, OP

By *eyeYCouple
over a year ago

Nr Leicester

A container of emotion and memories.. Get that!

Just a random butt plug? We hate to think about the incriminating thing's we'll find when we find out new home together, but a minor worry at the same time

over a year ago

North West

"So you got a bungalow then? Welljel "

We did! Staking our finances on it, because it ain't cheap to buy a 3 bed bungalow. The budget was ever so slightly exceeded but were lucky to find a decent, long fix mortgage deal. It's a leap into the unknown, financially

over a year ago

North West

"A container of emotion and memories.. Get that!

Just a random butt plug? We hate to think about the incriminating thing's we'll find when we find out new home together, but a minor worry at the same time "

It was the first (slim) butt plug we ever bought! We keep our toys in a suitcase under the bed, but unsure how it had migrated! We thought we'd left it at a hotel or something

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Best of luck with the move.

It's sad saying goodbye to a family home, but it's the start of a new chapter in your new one, and isn't that an exciting thought

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

So exciting

No more being stuck upstairs

over a year ago

House moves are often stressful and can be emotional for the reasons you say. Just look forward to making amazing new memories with a hint of Fab in your new home. X

over a year ago

North West

"House moves are often stressful and can be emotional for the reasons you say. Just look forward to making amazing new memories with a hint of Fab in your new home. X"

Thanks! It's been made harder by my 2wk hospital admission just prior to the completion date being agreed, which turned out to be 1wk after my arrival home! Lots to do, little time and a massive job for Mr KC to do (I couldn't help much).

over a year ago

I hear what your saying op. I thought my home was my forever home. Ah well…

Good luck to the future, not many of us get the chance to make a new start and there you are doing it! In a place more suited for your needs.

Here’s to your new home.

over a year ago

"House moves are often stressful and can be emotional for the reasons you say. Just look forward to making amazing new memories with a hint of Fab in your new home. X

Thanks! It's been made harder by my 2wk hospital admission just prior to the completion date being agreed, which turned out to be 1wk after my arrival home! Lots to do, little time and a massive job for Mr KC to do (I couldn't help much)."

Wow lots of added stress! Mr KC has done a tremendous job. And wish you good health too x

over a year ago

North West

"House moves are often stressful and can be emotional for the reasons you say. Just look forward to making amazing new memories with a hint of Fab in your new home. X

Thanks! It's been made harder by my 2wk hospital admission just prior to the completion date being agreed, which turned out to be 1wk after my arrival home! Lots to do, little time and a massive job for Mr KC to do (I couldn't help much).

Wow lots of added stress! Mr KC has done a tremendous job. And wish you good health too x"

He's a fucking machine (in more ways than one ) I have no idea how he still has the energy to stand. I have, of course, offered suitable compensation, within my current physical situation

over a year ago

Wow lots of added stress! Mr KC has done a tremendous job. And wish you good health too x

He's a fucking machine (in more ways than one ) I have no idea how he still has the energy to stand. I have, of course, offered suitable compensation, within my current physical situation "

Cash in hand or something else in hand

over a year ago

North West

He's a fucking machine (in more ways than one ) I have no idea how he still has the energy to stand. I have, of course, offered suitable compensation, within my current physical situation

Cash in hand or something else in hand "

What do you think?!

over a year ago

North West

Currently have two blokes in my bedroom, as I sit in bed, packing my life away

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Hey Mrs KC! Your next home will be a proper one and hopefully you'll fill it with many happy memories in the years to come. It's wonderful you're able to take that move in to regaining independence and happiness x

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Ah KC, finally! I understand the memories, but looking to the future just think how wonderful the bungalow will be. No more camping upstairs, no more access problems.

And it'll be a lot easier to christen every room in a bungalow xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope it makes your lives so much easier

over a year ago

Positive that no more stairs to climb

over a year ago

"Currently have two blokes in my bedroom, as I sit in bed, packing my life away "

A kind of MMF. Mover mover female...

over a year ago

North West

EVEN MORE EXCITING NEWS!!!!

The prospect of moving to a bungalow, slightly further from the city centre has finally spurred our young lodgers (son + girlfriend) to look for a place of their own!! We might actually get the new place to ourselves

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"EVEN MORE EXCITING NEWS!!!!

The prospect of moving to a bungalow, slightly further from the city centre has finally spurred our young lodgers (son + girlfriend) to look for a place of their own!! We might actually get the new place to ourselves "

Brilliant

over a year ago

The prospect of moving to a bungalow, slightly further from the city centre has finally spurred our young lodgers (son + girlfriend) to look for a place of their own!! We might actually get the new place to ourselves "

Eeeeeee!!!

Good luck! Only a few weeks ago you didn't believe this bungalow move was possible.

over a year ago

North West

The prospect of moving to a bungalow, slightly further from the city centre has finally spurred our young lodgers (son + girlfriend) to look for a place of their own!! We might actually get the new place to ourselves

Eeeeeee!!!

Good luck! Only a few weeks ago you didn't believe this bungalow move was possible. "

I know!

"Mum, it's unfurnished, can you help....."

Me: Yes. Absolutely. Take my credit card

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Eeeeeee!!!

Good luck! Only a few weeks ago you didn't believe this bungalow move was possible.

I know!

"Mum, it's unfurnished, can you help....."

Me: Yes. Absolutely. Take my credit card "

Ha ha. Been there

Post new Message to Thread