Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mental health

Jump to newest

By *esi_maverick OP   Man
over a year ago

LISKEARD

Does anyone think that men who are suffering from mental health issues should be on fabs

I’m one of those and I wanted to get an opinion from people on this site

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

It's a tough one. I am very open about my mental health and a vocal and passionate advocate. So in broad terms, of course you should, but if the site is negatively effecting you, particularly then maybe not

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd say only you can answer that.

over a year ago

It’s not for anyone else to say who should or shouldn’t be on here

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Why not

Sure there are plenty of couples and females also suffering.

It's just men bottle things up and are shite at talking

I post regularly about mental health and post mental health check ins

I write a blog about my journey

Ears always here

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Fab is open to all and closed to none, OP.

over a year ago

Only you can know for sure if you can cope on a site like this, especially as a male.

Personally, I wouldn't be on fab if I was actively struggling. Fab would be the last thing on my mind. But if you're working through things and need an escape then why not. Just don't let things on here wear you down!

F

over a year ago

LISKEARD

"Why not

Sure there are plenty of couples and females also suffering.

It's just men bottle things up and are shite at talking

I post regularly about mental health and post mental health check ins

I write a blog about my journey

Ears always here"

I totally agree with you we’re shite at opening up

over a year ago

LISKEARD

My sincerest apologies for making such a difficult thread for us men I just wanted to get some sort opinion

Just hope this thread doesn’t get out hand

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Does anyone think that men who are suffering from mental health issues should be on fabs

I’m one of those and I wanted to get an opinion from people on this site"

Yes as taking helps and even just chating on hear is good I did ask for a mental health forum but.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

If being on here either helps you or doesn't affect your mental health, and your mental health doesn't affect the people you meet,then I don't see why you shouldn't be here.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

OP just bearing mind rejection don't take it to Hart look at the near me page there will be 30 guys to each couple and 300 guys to every lady.

If you hear to chat it can be good if your hear to meet it might beat you up.

over a year ago

Why just men?

I don't have an issue with someone who is struggling being on here. If it's something that makes you feel worse I'd definitely recommend deleting and focusing on yourself but simply existing on here as a person with a mental health issue should never be made out to be a problem.

I struggle a lot with mine and find Fab an enjoyable distraction.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

What are you calling a mental health issue?

Feeling sad because you aren't getting anywhere or something else?

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Why just men?

I don't have an issue with someone who is struggling being on here. If it's something that makes you feel worse I'd definitely recommend deleting and focusing on yourself but simply existing on here as a person with a mental health issue should never be made out to be a problem.

I struggle a lot with mine and find Fab an enjoyable distraction. "

Oh that's all I am, a distraction... I see how it is...

Fully agree though. The difference is not the mental health exactly, but how any person can handle this place, mental health or not.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I think it can be a healthy part of life if you are working well through whatever challenges have beset you. I expect many of us here have suffered MH issues at some point and to some degree. I certainly have, and I have new things to figure out, but I’m very far from vulnerable.

But - if you are in a fragile state of mind it would probably have the opposite effect and cause a regression. Especially when you consider the rejection and occasional abuse for those unlucky to experience that.

over a year ago

It depends, personally I feel, if someone is on here and using sex to mask what's really going on with them...then yeah, maybe better for them in the long run to address the problems than try to mask or ignore them..

Not saying that's what you're doing though mind.

over a year ago

"Does anyone think that men who are suffering from mental health issues should be on fabs

I’m one of those and I wanted to get an opinion from people on this site"

No difference between a man or a women being on here who suffers with mental illness.

I have Cyclothymia and I've been on here 10 years .

By *uicy 2020Woman
over a year ago

London

"I think it can be a healthy part of life if you are working well through whatever challenges have beset you. I expect many of us here have suffered MH issues at some point and to some degree. I certainly have, and I have new things to figure out, but I’m very far from vulnerable.

But - if you are in a fragile state of mind it would probably have the opposite effect and cause a regression. Especially when you consider the rejection and occasional abuse for those unlucky to experience that."

Exactly this x

over a year ago

LISKEARD

"What are you calling a mental health issue?

Feeling sad because you aren't getting anywhere or something else?"

Oh wow I didn’t even think about it that way but thank you for bringing this to my attention…,

Never been an issue whether Im getting anywhere on here the thought never crossed my mind but appreciate your thought process

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I guess it depends if this place exacerbates why you're already feeling the way you do. If you're a bit fragile, and don't cope well with rejection, it might not be the best place (if you're wanting to meet people) but the forums are always a good distraction and can be quite insightful.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Why just men?

I struggle a lot with mine and find Fab an enjoyable distraction. "

So would you like a mental health forum some where positive.

I also find it distraction from life and problems.

over a year ago

What would your (or anyone's) MH have to do with Fab? Is there a direct correlation for you?

over a year ago

LISKEARD

Rejection comes with the territory on here that will never affect me

I know I’m a good person and a good looking guy I don’t need anybody on here to say I’m not as that doesn’t matter to me

This thread was just a general a question

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Fab is an open forum, and a place to meet if one chooses to do so; people come from a multiplicity of ethnic, cultural, social, educational and occupational backgrounds; and each brings a range of health and other personal issues to the table.

The overriding assumption is that each fabber will show respect for the other and that if this rule is broken, sanctions are then applied by administration.

Post new Message to Thread