Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Eddie Stobart trucks and trailers

Jump to newest

By *ovecpl69 OP   Couple
over a year ago

london

Love it good tv better than soaps anyday of the week. clare thinks diffrent lol are you lot a fan of eddie stobart male truckers and female truckers? lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *o-jCouple
over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

All it is is watching someone at work , cant understand it myself . But each to there own .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I love it think it's great

over a year ago

I'm a Stobart nerd, am a member of their fanclub. I nearly piss myself if I get a trucks mame and number!

over a year ago

Love it....and so does my 4 year old.

over a year ago

Love it too...and look out for truck called Susannah Margaret...it's mine

By *uncpl2015Couple
over a year ago

Bridgend Area

Never watched it, never will. Pointless TV.....cheap, tacky. When you think of the millions no, billions of pounds pumped into TV and thats the best they can come up with. I take pointless back, it's shameful.

By *pl- capdagdeCouple
over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

I was a truck driver for 15 years when we lived in the UK,and i do like the way the over dramatise it.

Driving a truck is hard but not as bad as they make it sound on this show..

over a year ago

As a driver I have to say its a load of bollocks

over a year ago

We have been seeing those trucks everywhere... Have to have a stare at them to see if they have been on the tv

over a year ago

have to agree its the biggest load of bollocks they ever put on the telly lol they spend more time cleaning there wheels than driving ... they ponce about in their shiny trucks with automatic gearboxes n nice shiny trailers moaning about how hard the job is ... give any one of them a load to get through europe and back in winter with an old lorry with an eaton twin split gearbox pulling a full tilt covered trailer and see how they get on then lol ... the real drivers on here will no what i mean lol

over a year ago

I've watched it but I think you'll find that most truck drivers think it's hilarious, in a pathetic way!

And it should be no surprise that ED is making so much money, the pittance they pay some of their drivers!!

over a year ago

I've watched it but I think you'll find that most truck drivers think it's hilarious, in a pathetic way!

And it should be no surprise that ED is making so much money, the pittance they pay some of their drivers!!

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

I don't get it nor do I get the group of guys who stands at a certain point on m6 stobbart spotting you see them get really excited when one goes past.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple
over a year ago

luton

As a truck driver its the biggest load of bollocks I have seen .their drivers should man up,and watch ice road truckers .now they get in tight spots

By *pl- capdagdeCouple
over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

[Removed by poster at 04/01/13 09:54:16]

By *pl- capdagdeCouple
over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

"[Removed by poster at 04/01/13 09:54:16]"

Yep stripping and rebuilding a tilt when its pissing with rain or doing abnormal loads..

Sort the men from the boys,everything now prity much does it for you ..

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"I was a truck driver for 15 years when we lived in the UK,and i do like the way the over dramatise it.

Driving a truck is hard but not as bad as they make it sound on this show.. "

hahaha well I've never driven a truck in my life, and as much as I enjoy watching the show, it does make me laugh how they over dramatise a fairly straight forward job.

Gary has to get form Birmingham to Manchester (cue road map) in 3 hours before his tacho runs out, it's going to be a tight squeeze, oh oh a traffic jam on the M6 north of Birmingham (cue dramatic music and gary looking with despair as if he's never seen a traffic jam around Birmingham before), we'll come back to Gary later and see if he makes it. A few minute later Gary arrives at said location, unloads and makes it back to the Stobart depot with 8 minutes left on his tacho, a close call, he was almost banned, but Gary lives on to fight another day.

Anyway, the guys on the show that make me smile are the Welsh fella and the one who drives the biomass truck, as for Mark Dixon, so far up his own arse, he shows just what a bit of TV fame can do to someone, if I saw him on the road I'd deliberately find a dirty puddle to splash his truck with....

over a year ago

"As a driver I have to say its a load of bollocks"

Yep .......with a capital B ....

over a year ago

"As a driver I have to say its a load of bollocks

Yep .......with a capital B .... "

Stobarts wages are crap ! I wouldnt get out of bed for what they pay

over a year ago

"I've watched it but I think you'll find that most truck drivers think it's hilarious, in a pathetic way!

And it should be no surprise that ED is making so much money, the pittance they pay some of their drivers!! "

Ed is no longer alive it's one of his sons that runs it and I personally would never work for the company unless it was the last job on earth. Oh and Tesco owns some of the empire

over a year ago

Yep .......with a capital B .... "

And me cant believe the bollox

over a year ago

Yep .......with a capital B ....

And me cant believe the bollox "

Really......been a driver for 32yrs not much I've not done where drivings concerned . It's BOLLOCKS!

over a year ago

I agree with the other drivers and ex drivers on here, it's dogs bollocks! Lets go back to the days when we had to sheet and rope a load to see what real truck drivers were about!

over a year ago

Stobarts own Southend Airport. It was great until before Xmas - quick pick ups, cheap tea and the lowest cost parking of any airport in the South East.

Now they have 'discovered' they were missing out on some 'profitability'.. Parking for one hour has gone from £2 to.... £4.50 in one go.

Tea has gone from £1.30 to £2 in one go.

Money grabbing gits....

By *pl- capdagdeCouple
over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

You sure wouldn't get me behind the wheel of a truck again either.Shit job with shit money and you don't see many drivers loving the job like the idiots on this TV show.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"Stobarts own Southend Airport. It was great until before Xmas - quick pick ups, cheap tea and the lowest cost parking of any airport in the South East.

Now they have 'discovered' they were missing out on some 'profitability'.. Parking for one hour has gone from £2 to.... £4.50 in one go.

Money grabbing gits....

"

Next time you fly from there, wave, you have to pass my house to get to the airport. Well you don't have to, but you most likely will!!

over a year ago

"Stobarts own Southend Airport. It was great until before Xmas - quick pick ups, cheap tea and the lowest cost parking of any airport in the South East.

Money grabbing gits....

Next time you fly from there, wave, you have to pass my house to get to the airport. Well you don't have to, but you most likely will!!"

Ssssssh! Minxie will get jealous!!! I already have to wave at her when I go to Gatwick!!!

PS not flying from there myself - it's what I do for a job that takes me there.. and Gatwick, and Heathrow, etc.....

By *apasmurfkingMan
over a year ago

Costa Del Littlehampton

i do like eddie stobart, along with ice road truckers. over dramatised as they are, still better than any soap.

fiona and lisa, wouldnt mind my face being their seats for a long trip

over a year ago

Must confess to just watching this program and found it interesting

Think its cute how they all have names.

over a year ago

I do think they stretch at dramatise the stories to much, they spend ten minutes turning round sometimes

Post new Message to Thread