Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Showing your...

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

love.

It's soon that saccharine time of year. But, I'm not solely asking about that Hollywood romantic love. It could be the love you have for friends. Family. Work colleagues. Heck, even for yourself.

How do you show that you care about people? Are you an openly affectionate sort? An audacious lover? A pigtails puller? A little gifts giver?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m a hugger. I hug.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Varies per person. I show it in all kinds of ways depending on the individual.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I am selective in whom I hug, even more selective in whom I kiss but I am kind towards most people. I show my affection partly by listening to them throughout the year, by cooking for them (yep, I am a feeder and by encouraging them to be themselves.

A small number do get my hugs, kisses and other forms of attention and affection.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Words of affirmation are my weakest.

I show my love to those who matter through support and little gifts and acts of service.

It's very rare anyone will hear me say anything directly nice. But I do make sure to clarify once in a while among my raging sarcasm and snark.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I give them the most precious thing I have, my time.

Gift giving is fun, but too many people can get funny about it.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I rub my whiskers around their ankles and roll over to have my tummy tickled

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I give them the most precious thing I have, my time.

"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I show my love my opening my Mac wide.

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I find myself invested in their boring little stories.

‘No way. You paid HOW MUCH for that broccoli??!’

That’s how I know they’re special

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

The only people I show love to are my grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

I tell my grandchildren I love them, and give them a kiss and a hug-even the 21 year old grandson.

The great-grandchildren get lots of kisses and cuddles, and I play singing games with them so they feel loved and secure.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

My children know I love them, they don't have to be told.

They know I'd use my last breath to help them.

over a year ago

I'm very affectionate

I hug,kiss them close to me when I see them and I always say I love you at the end of a phone call

I was brought up with lots of hugs and being told I was loved

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'm definitely a hugger...big bear hugs are reserved for those that I truly like.

I'm not generally one for telling people I love them all the time though, for me it dilutes the meaning of the words if they're said too often.

Anyone that knows me well knows that if I'm taking the piss out of them on a regular basis then I like them...I tend to be indifferent to those I don't like.

I am a gift giver though...a bar of their favourite chocolate just because, bake their favourite cake as a surprise, and I will spend hours and hours searching for the perfect birthday gift.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I’m a hugger. I hug."

Hugs are underappreciated - there's so much that can be said through a hug. Love nestling into someone and feeling their embrace and enjoying that proximity to another.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I am selective in whom I hug, even more selective in whom I kiss but I am kind towards most people. I show my affection partly by listening to them throughout the year, by cooking for them (yep, I am a feeder and by encouraging them to be themselves.

A small number do get my hugs, kisses and other forms of attention and affection. "

Being a feeder is such a lovely thing; I'm similar and spending time cooking something you know another will love is a way to show that you're happy to spend time and thought on someone. That happy expression on a face when they love something you've cooked is such a rush.

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

I'm a giver with my kids. Hugs, kisses, cuddles, hair stroking, text messages, gifts...

Bit of a cold fish otherwise unless someone initiates affection etc. in which case I will reciprocate

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Time with someone is worth more than any gift!

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

They have my time, trust and loyalty.....

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I rarely say it. I don’t do anything romantic.

But I give time, support, hours, do the things (all the things, for everyone constantly). And yeah I’m a feeder.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I suppose it depends who it is. My Mum and Dad, I would always hug goodbye when going to work or when I was younger before bed.

If I know my sister and niece and nephew are visiting, I'll buy extra treats from my food shopping for them.

With my friends, it would just be checking in on them and making sure they're ok.

I think love isn't always showing direct affection, but the things you do that you wouldn't otherwise

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

My love languages are giving gifts and acts of service.

I will do anything -and I mean ANYTHING- for someone I care deeply/love. That includes a couple of people here on Fab…

For receiving love, my love language is receiving words of affirmation, so I am nice and easy- just chat me up haha x

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

I'm big on hugging and telling people I love them and how much they mean to me

over a year ago

I'm a classic example of doing and acting in all the ways I wished I had had shown me whilst growing up but didn't.

So with my kids I give as many as they want of hugs, kisses, saying I love you, long 1-1 chats, nothing taboo, sofa surfing cuddle piles, the works. Just affection in every imaginable way they need.

They each have boundaries, some I wait until they ask for a hug others I hug bomb at will.

It's not one-fits-all

over a year ago

I looked at one of my sons the other day and had to say the words I love you to him. I just look at him and so proud of who he has become and what he achieves. My other sons an arshole… *joke. But I will show affection and I think I’m getting softer or more I tune with my hippy vibe, there’s someone in here that in the past I’ve had some deep conversations and LOVED that moment and would have said something had I been sat with them.

I also love the guy who serves me awesome coffees each week, I’m easy.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Why don't you come here and I'll show you, Meli

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I’m very much a heart on sleeve kinda guy. If I like you, I’ll tell you. I’m also very tactile so will show my affection with little touches (arm, back, bum etc) and a cuddle.

Sadly I’ve had precious little of that back in the last few years. Makes me feel sad that no one has liked me as much as I like them. But, hey ho. I don’t dwell!

My mates are such good mates, we all know we can rip it out of each other and it’s actually a way of showing ‘guy affection’. Ahem.

over a year ago

My kids are the only people I say I love you to on a daily basis.

My other family, now and again I guess.

Anyone else, no way.

over a year ago

I feel like missed opportunities are the only thing I'd ever truly regret in life.

So I'll throw myself off an emotional cliff and hope the other person catches me, if the risk seems worth it.

By *asmine xxxWoman
over a year ago

Cornwall, Bristol

I’m soppy x

over a year ago

I'm quite an affectionate kinda gal, always have been.

Always loved cuddles on the sofa with my mum and dad as a child.

Very affectionate with Mr J, cuddles, kisses, a cheeky squeeze of the bum. We would never go to bed without giving eachother a kiss and saying I love you.

I like to give people I'm close too, friends and family hugs before leaving.

Miss S x

over a year ago

I enjoy seeing the smile on people's faces.. So, my husband is in the kitchen baking brownies for my work colleagues . (I got to lick the bowl clean, eeek - now that's real love!)

I'm not really a hugger unless it's completely on my terms, but I do love a good snuggle on the sofa or in bed

F

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Big bear hug and a kiss on the cheek or lips

over a year ago

"love.

It's soon that saccharine time of year. But, I'm not solely asking about that Hollywood romantic love. It could be the love you have for friends. Family. Work colleagues. Heck, even for yourself.

How do you show that you care about people? Are you an openly affectionate sort? An audacious lover? A pigtails puller? A little gifts giver?"

I take the piss out of them remorselessly. If they respond the same way, game on!

By *amuelsquestMan
over a year ago

Sutton at hone

Very passionate and tactile

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I give them the most precious thing I have, my time.

"

That’s my default , time and attention. But i also make gestures occasionally, some people like to receive gifts , I just got my daughters cards and chocolates for tomorrow and made a friend a meal.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I’m a surpriser - I love making C smile by any way possible.

Even if it’s just a random love note or a hug during work and telling her she’s loved.

K

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Depends on the other person, I'm a "I saw this and thought of you" sender/gifter. Silly little things, something I see, a meme, lyrics in a song.

I'm very tactile, but only with certain people, not everyone likes a hug!

Post new Message to Thread