Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Car headaches

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else suffer this god awful form of headache? We've both been in the car all day and our heads are absolutely battered to bits. How do truckers manage

Any remedies are more than welcome aside from the usual paracetamol and sex

F

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eard and BoobsCouple
over a year ago

Portstewart

Usually find that there tension headaches due to concentration on the road I usually need a very dark cold room and sleep to get rid of it

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

Horse tranquillisers usually do the trick on the average human.

over a year ago

"Usually find that there tension headaches due to concentration on the road I usually need a very dark cold room and sleep to get rid of it "

I'm going to head off to bed shortly I reckon

F

over a year ago

"Horse tranquillisers usually do the trick on the average human. "

I'm going to dig them out the medicine cupboard. Or at least my sleeping pills instead

F

By *eard and BoobsCouple
over a year ago

Portstewart

Try to drink lots of water too and hope you both feel better soon

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Hydration

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

"Horse tranquillisers usually do the trick on the average human.

I'm going to dig them out the medicine cupboard. Or at least my sleeping pills instead

F"

See you Wednesday then!

over a year ago

"Horse tranquillisers usually do the trick on the average human.

F

See you Wednesday then! "

That'd be lovely to sleep until then! I'll pop a few puppy pads under me just incase

F

By *ttmcdguyTV/TS
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I don’t mean to alarm but for you to be both getting headaches whilst in the car is slightly worrying

Have you thought about having your exhaust gasses tested?

Possibly getting into the cabin

Not saying it is but it is possible!

Apart from that as said plenty of water and fresh air !! (Big inhale through the mouth hold out through the nose !)

By *uga40Man
over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

Used to be a trucker try blackout eye mask should work did on me

over a year ago

"I don’t mean to alarm but for you to be both getting headaches whilst in the car is slightly worrying

Apart from that as said plenty of water and fresh air !! (Big inhale through the mouth hold out through the nose !) "

Thank you for looking out for us . Husbands started before we set off but got worse throughout the day. We've driven to pick a new car up and barely had chance to have any drinks so I bet that's the main culprit! Don't worry though, I will be taking it to the local garage for a quick post purchase check over anyway

F

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is precisely why I hate driving.

That and the crushing sense of responsibility that comes with controling a 1.5 death weapon that could end someone's life with the flick of a wrist.

I understand most don't feel this way. Much to my paranoia.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

First off remove anything from the car

Remove the air freshenair and crack your windows open one side

Drive like this for a while see what you get.

Stop using the products that your using to clean the inside of the car.

Wash down the cars interior with soapy water.

Try again as your vehicle should be clean of any form of chemicals.

If you still have a headache then its leaking exhaust getting into the cars interior.

wagon headaches are caused by driving at night and idiot drivers

By *ottom charlieMan
over a year ago

washington

"Anyone else suffer this god awful form of headache? We've both been in the car all day and our heads are absolutely battered to bits. How do truckers manage

Any remedies are more than welcome aside from the usual paracetamol and sex

F"

is it just started happening with this car or all cars,, if just your car now then get the exhaust checked and boot for any way fumes can be seeping into the interior..

By *ttmcdguyTV/TS
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"I don’t mean to alarm but for you to be both getting headaches whilst in the car is slightly worrying

Apart from that as said plenty of water and fresh air !! (Big inhale through the mouth hold out through the nose !)

Thank you for looking out for us . Husbands started before we set off but got worse throughout the day. We've driven to pick a new car up and barely had chance to have any drinks so I bet that's the main culprit! Don't worry though, I will be taking it to the local garage for a quick post purchase check over anyway

F"

It’s pretty easy for a garage to test

They put the tube that goes up your exhaust for an mot in the cabin

If there is any type of fumes in there it will pick them up

Unfortunately the harder bit is discovering how they are getting in unfortunately

Good luck though

over a year ago

F"

How is your eyesight? I have to wear my glasses to drive else I end up with a headache.

Might be worth a check up x

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

You are supposed to have a break from driving, once every 2 hours on long journeys.

By *ensual mMan
over a year ago

conwy

I used to drive trucks and now i drive vans.

I used to get migranes at the weekend after driving all week but when i mentioned it to the doctor he said that the headaches are caused by being stressed all week and then relaxing at the weekend he also sent me to get an eye test because that can cause headaches whilst driving. It took me a long time for my body to get used to the concentration levels needed to drive for 9 or 10 hours a day but they did stop eventually.

If i drove an artic around the centre of london for more than 2 hours my head would be banging but i could do london to glasgow with no problem.

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

Could be repetitive road noise. Try noise cancelling headphones or earplugs. Just turning the radio volume up will likely make things worse.

over a year ago

Thanks all - sorry, totally forgot about this thread.

It's not just with this car, it's all cars. I do wear glasses. The car was freshly valeted before picking it up, so maybe just the strong smell made my headache worse. I've been driving it everyday since and no headaches. The roads we drive on aren't the best so that will also play a part no doubt - they're like a patchwork quilt the amount of times sections have been dug up and repaired.

F

over a year ago

"Thanks all - sorry, totally forgot about this thread.

It's not just with this car, it's all cars. I do wear glasses. The car was freshly valeted before picking it up, so maybe just the strong smell made my headache worse. I've been driving it everyday since and no headaches. The roads we drive on aren't the best so that will also play a part no doubt - they're like a patchwork quilt the amount of times sections have been dug up and repaired.

F"

I love it when you talk dirty x

Post new Message to Thread