Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Equal pay for female footballers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Apparently female footballers are calling for equal pay to the men. I think it’s already happened in the US but the Canadian team recently threatened to strike to push for this also.

The Wimbledon tennis event, for example, now rewards the winner of the ladies singles and the men’s singles the same.

So do the female footballers have a case ?

Thoughts / opinions please ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

At international level, yes. At club level is not feasible because the men's game draws in an extraordinary amount of money compared to the women's game

over a year ago

At international level they may have a case. At club level it’s impossible until they generate the same level of revenue as their male counterparts.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't know but are they doing the same job as men? According to the job description I mean.

over a year ago

Agreed the man’s game generates a sickening amount of money from endorsements and tv revenue.

So for now the ladies game will have to wait until it grows into the monster it so surely will.

By *ibblepilotMan
over a year ago

Preston

International match fees fair enough but not when it comes to clubs where pay is based on what they're worth commercially to the club. When the lasses can attract crowds at the same ticket prices as the lads then yes there is a case but until then no, they'll not even be close. WSL come on leaps and bounds this past few years.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"Apparently female footballers are calling for equal pay to the men. I think it’s already happened in the US but the Canadian team recently threatened to strike to push for this also.

The Wimbledon tennis event, for

example, now rewards the winner of

the ladies singles and the men’s

singles the same.

Thoughts / opinions please ?"

No they not have a case at all they should be paid what their game can afford to pay them . and over time their pay will increase . but men footballs get paid stupid amounts of money m

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

If they are generating the same amount of revenue then yes.

It's like saying lower league players should be getting the same as premier league players.

The income isn't there to support it.

If the women's game keeps growing the way it is then maybe yes.

If the team's where mixed gender then 100% yes.

And it wouldn't be fair to make it compulsory whilst the likes of city and Chelsea could probably afford it it would be completely unaffordable for others.

Unless there was a pay cap and everyone was basically payed the same wage and money made up in bonuses.

over a year ago

If they generate the same amount of money then I expect they'll get paid the same.

I imagine the interest in female tennis is closer to men's tennis than female football is to mens football.

I can't think off the top of my head but I'm sure there will be a more popular female sport which is paid better than the mens counterpart and rightly so

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

They are getting some big gates and clubs are doing well with sponsorships. So they should get a fair proportion of that just like the men do. No excuse not to.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Give it a rest. They had their #metoo moment, what else do they need?!?!?

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I think the 'men' should be remunerated at the •same• salaries as the 'women'.

over a year ago

"Apparently female footballers are calling for equal pay to the men. I think it’s already happened in the US but the Canadian team recently threatened to strike to push for this also.

The Wimbledon tennis event, for example, now rewards the winner of the ladies singles and the men’s singles the same.

It's a matter of contention that the Wimbledon tennis event financially rewards the winner of the ladies singles and the men’s singles the same. Men’s singles matches at Grand Slams are played as best-of-five encounters while the same on the women’s side of things continues to remain a best-of-three encounter. Men get paid the same but play (work) almost twice the amount for the same pay.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"At international level, yes. At club level is not feasible because the men's game draws in an extraordinary amount of money compared to the women's game "

I would suggest even at international level they may not have a case. International federations still have to be run as businesses, so i very much doubt womens international teams generate as much revenue as the mens so not sure why they should get the same match fees?

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

As others have said, at International level I would say yes.

I believe the pay for men at Internationals isn’t at silly levels anyway.

At club level it’s a none starter, when men don’t get paid the same as each other anyway, it’s all down to what they can convince clubs is their commercial worth, just like the men, hence some are on eye watering money and others are not.

Disclaimer, I am not a football expert and seldom watch it.

By *rMonkeyMan
over a year ago

Somewhere

If womens sport generates the same revenue at that level then yes, if not no.

It's been doing the rounds in the WNBA as well, women calling for equal share of the revenue, when in fact they get a higher % of the WNBA revenue than the men do of the NBA. Never mind the WNBA is propped up by the NBA as well.

By *untington 999Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

Should players in the conference get paid the Same as players in the Premier league?

No it goes on levels and revenue brought in

over a year ago

But at international level the women’s World Cup generates £150m in overall revenue, the men’s World Cup generates £7B in overall revenue. The women get a higher share of revenue but the pot is so small. Give it a decade of progression like we saw in MLS and they’ll just get bigger and bigger wages to reflect the bigger revenue they’re generating

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"At international level, yes. At club level is not feasible because the men's game draws in an extraordinary amount of money compared to the women's game

I would suggest even at international level they may not have a case. International federations still have to be run as businesses, so i very much doubt womens international teams generate as much revenue as the mens so not sure why they should get the same match fees? "

I think in the US (and Canada, but I am less sure) the women's team is the greater revenue generator, but I can see that's definitely not the case in England.

That said, I think The FA should pay equally on principle, as it's not solely about the bottom line in a national governing body. But the case for equal pay is strong if based on performance, as the women's team has been more successful recently.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"At international level, yes. At club level is not feasible because the men's game draws in an extraordinary amount of money compared to the women's game "

Do you think there might be a reason for that ?

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Just think of it similar to a commission, if you bring in more then you should get more.

It is going to be a long time (if ever) that women's football generates anything close to that of men's. The draw is not there, the audience (long term) is not there, the interest is not there when in comparison.

Prize money, yeah sure. As a wage or participation pay, nope.

over a year ago

And where’s this money going to come from?

On the note of pay, I’m pretty sure the England's men’s team have for many years been donating their international paycheques to charity

By *illloganMan
over a year ago

Essex

Female footballers want to be paid the same as the male equivalent?

Cool... Just make as much money then you can have the same wage.

Simple as that.

It's not equality if you're not pulling your weight.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I think the 'men' should be remunerated at the •same• salaries as the 'women'."

Beat me to it, Nero!

I don’t watch football or follow news stories, but I’ve always been aware of the silly money some male players receive.

What if a club was to take their men’s and women’s teams as one entity and pay them equal pay, across the whole club membership.

Maybe captains get a bit more and second team players get a bit less.

It’s not the fault of a female player that women’s football isn’t as commercially lucrative. That’s a societal issue and is unlikely to ever balance (in my opinion).

The female players aren’t working any less hard or doing less on the pitch.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Female footballers want to be paid the same as the male equivalent?

Simple as that.

It's not equality if you're not pulling your weight. "

To be fair they are not doing anything different. They are pulling their weight, they are giving it their all (much more than a lot of the men to be fair) it's just that the fans dictate which side gets the money. If fans stopped watching men's football and watched women's that right there is the shift for more pay.

The funding would shift, sponsors would shift.

I know that's not going to happen, but that has nothing to do with women's football not pulling their weight. People (majority men) are just not as interested in watching women's, and most of the reasons is not lack of ability.

Even if the women could run rings around the men on the field, I doubt the interest would be there.

over a year ago

There's not enough interest,they need the money through the turnstiles and the reality is it's not popular enough yet

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

All the men don’t get paid the same.

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

No

over a year ago

Maybe has some said for international as far other games no chance there shite and definitely rather see my money go to boys grass root football than any women's team.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"I think the 'men' should be remunerated at the •same• salaries as the 'women'.

Beat me to it, Nero!

I don’t watch football or follow news stories, but I’ve always been aware of the silly money some male players receive.

What if a club was to take their men’s and women’s teams as one entity and pay them equal pay, across the whole club membership.

It’s not the fault of a female player that women’s football isn’t as commercially lucrative. That’s a societal issue and is unlikely to ever balance (in my opinion).

The female players aren’t working any less hard or doing less on the pitch. "

Ah i see.

So dock the men their salaries then to pay the women is it?

I thought this was about trying to lift women up to be able to succees on their own merit.

Silly me, its just about virtue signalling

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

Women tennis players shouldn't be paid the same as men, they only play 3 sets, why should they get equal pay?

over a year ago

Beat me to it, Nero!

How would that work? For example Newcastle are currently a top 4 Premier League side whereas the women’s team are in the 3rd or 4th division.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Simple as that.

To be fair they are not doing anything different. They are pulling their weight, they are giving it their all (much more than a lot of the men to be fair) it's just that the fans dictate which side gets the money. If fans stopped watching men's football and watched women's that right there is the shift for more pay.

I know that's not going to happen, but that has nothing to do with women's football not pulling their weight. People (majority men) are just not as interested in watching women's, and most of the reasons is not lack of ability.

Even if the women could run rings around the men on the field, I doubt the interest would be there. "

What? Of course it would. If women were better at it than men then it would absolutely tilt the balance of interest.

Thats the whole crux of it

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

No, this is about achieving pay parity through equality.

If you’re part of a club, you agree to be paid equally with your teammates. Initially, men go down a bit and women go up so both genders meet in the middle.

It’s already been lauded that the commercial income doesn’t allow for throwing more money at the challenge (yet).

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Women tennis players shouldn't be paid the same as men, they only play 3 sets, why should they get equal pay?"

If they generated as much interest and revenue as the men then they should. They dont though, so they shouldnt

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Beat me to it, Nero!

How would that work? For example Newcastle are currently a top 4 Premier League side whereas the women’s team are in the 3rd or 4th division. "

Well, as I say, I know nothing about football. Just putting ideas out there to contribute.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I don't know but are they doing the same job as men? According to the job description I mean."

If that's the case, every player should be on the same wages.

How can there be a call for equal pay when everyone's pay is decided on an individual basis?

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Beat me to it, Nero!

And where does this end exactly? Should the CFO of a company donate half his salary to the janitor. The janitor probably works just as hard as what he does as the CFO does

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"And where’s this money going to come from?

On the note of pay, I’m pretty sure the England's men’s team have for many years been donating their international paycheques to charity "

Yes, they do. Should think some of the women do too, though you could understand if some of them needed to keep the money more. From what I remember, it's "only" about £2000 a game as an appearance fee, so chicken feed for most of the men, but still a great thing to do. I don't think many footballers get enough credit for their charity work, but that's a separate thread!

By *illloganMan
over a year ago

Essex

Simple as that.

Even if the women could run rings around the men on the field, I doubt the interest would be there. "

Exactly, they might be playing the same game, but theyre not pulling the same interest, as a result there is not enough money to be paid the same.

You wouldn't pay the same for a burger made by Gordon ramsay as you would Susan from down the road

over a year ago

I don't watch football, probably never will.

But I am aware how popular men's football is and how much money it brings in, you can't shout equality when women's football doesn't match it.

Technically they do the same job, but at different levels. I'd be a tad pissed off if I was the CEO of Amazon and being paid the same as a CEO of the candle shop on the high street.

Yes male footballers do get paid ridiculous amounts, let's be honest, if we could do it, we all would.

over a year ago

Beat me to it, Nero!

How would that work? For example Newcastle are currently a top 4 Premier League side whereas the women’s team are in the 3rd or 4th division.

Well, as I say, I know nothing about football. Just putting ideas out there to contribute."

I think a salary cap in the respective leagues could help. Rather than an equal pay it could be an equal share of revenues.

over a year ago

"I don't watch football, probably never will.

But I am aware how popular men's football is and how much money it brings in, you can't shout equality when women's football doesn't match it.

Technically they do the same job, but at different levels. I'd be a tad pissed off if I was the CEO of Amazon and being paid the same as a CEO of the candle shop on the high street.

Yes male footballers do get paid ridiculous amounts, let's be honest, if we could do it, we all would.

"

Best answer so far

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Beat me to it, Nero!

Well, as I say, I know nothing about football. Just putting ideas out there to contribute.

I think a salary cap in the respective leagues could help. Rather than an equal pay it could be an equal share of revenues."

You mean the revenues that are mostly generated by the men?

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Beat me to it, Nero!

And where does this end exactly? Should the CFO of a company donate half his salary to the janitor. The janitor probably works just as hard as what he does as the CFO does"

But a CFO is hardly doing the same job as a cleaner. Men and women footballers both kick the same ball around the same pitch for the same time. Same job.

over a year ago

Beat me to it, Nero!

And where does this end exactly? Should the CFO of a company donate half his salary to the janitor. The janitor probably works just as hard as what he does as the CFO does

But a CFO is hardly doing the same job as a cleaner. Men and women footballers both kick the same ball around the same pitch for the same time. Same job. "

So do 10 year olds on a Sunday morning,should we pay them the same?

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Simple as that.

Even if the women could run rings around the men on the field, I doubt the interest would be there.

What? Of course it would. If women were better at it than men then it would absolutely tilt the balance of interest.

Thats the whole crux of it"

Tip the balance but not to the heights that mens football is at. The mentality of a large chunk of football fans (actual % I could not say, it may not be the majority but it is still a large number to impact) is total ridicule of anything to do with women in football. Everything from players, to refs, to commentators and presenters.

You certainly would not have the same total income from women's football making as much the men's do currently across the board. At least not anytime soon.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Beat me to it, Nero!

But a CFO is hardly doing the same job as a cleaner. Men and women footballers both kick the same ball around the same pitch for the same time. Same job. "

A job which men do a multiple of times better than the women do. So therefore, they are paid a multiple of times more than women. Why is this so hard to understand?

over a year ago

Beat me to it, Nero!

I think a salary cap in the respective leagues could help. Rather than an equal pay it could be an equal share of revenues.

You mean the revenues that are mostly generated by the men? "

No I mean the revenues generated by each team. So the women would get a percentage of gates, tv, sponsors that they have generated themselves. It’s the closest thing to equality I can think of.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Simple as that.

Thats the whole crux of it

Tip the balance but not to the heights that mens football is at. The mentality of a large chunk of football fans (actual % I could not say, it may not be the majority but it is still a large number to impact) is total ridicule of anything to do with women in football. Everything from players, to refs, to commentators and presenters.

You certainly would not have the same total income from women's football making as much the men's do currently across the board. At least not anytime soon. "

I would wager if we woke up tomorrow and all of a sudden women footballers were suddenly at a level that they were beating their male counterparts, doing things that messi, ronaldo, salah, de bruyne etc were doing it wouldnt take long for the general public to sit up, watch it and then the inevitable commercial knock on effect would follow.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Beat me to it, Nero!

No I mean the revenues generated by each team. So the women would get a percentage of gates, tv, sponsors that they have generated themselves. It’s the closest thing to equality I can think of."

Isnt that prob similar enough to what it already is now?

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Beat me to it, Nero!

But a CFO is hardly doing the same job as a cleaner. Men and women footballers both kick the same ball around the same pitch for the same time. Same job.

A job which men do a multiple of times better than the women do. So therefore, they are paid a multiple of times more than women. Why is this so hard to understand? "

Don’t patronise people, I’m not finding it hard to understand. Do you understand that people are entitled to debate, contribute and have alternative views to you?

I answered your point about the CFO and the cleaner.

My final point before I remove myself from this delightful exchange, is that how are men multiple times better? They may be more popular but that doesn’t make them better. And it’s the popularity that creates the revenue allowing them to be paid more.

Signing off now, before I say something worthy of a ban!!

over a year ago

Beat me to it, Nero!

No I mean the revenues generated by each team. So the women would get a percentage of gates, tv, sponsors that they have generated themselves. It’s the closest thing to equality I can think of.

Isnt that prob similar enough to what it already is now?"

I don’t know enough about women’s football to comment but I’d imagine it’s massively subsidised by the men’s game which in my eyes isn’t equality.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Beat me to it, Nero!

A job which men do a multiple of times better than the women do. So therefore, they are paid a multiple of times more than women. Why is this so hard to understand? "

My son played a girls team two years older ( County team) as well. He's U15s.

The boys won 23-0.

My son said at the time. If I was a girl I could play for England.

The level is totally different.

In time maybe...

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Beat me to it, Nero!

So do 10 year olds on a Sunday morning,should we pay them the same?"

No, because they are ten and not professional players earning salaries

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Beat me to it, Nero!

I don’t know enough about women’s football to comment but I’d imagine it’s massively subsidised by the men’s game which in my eyes isn’t equality. "

Well if thats the case, then true equality would lead to the gap being even wider between them

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man
over a year ago

Stourbridge

Frankly ridiculous to expect footballers in the WSL to be paid the same as in The EPL. 1 game in the Premier League generates massively more money than the entire WSL season. Players in league 2 don’t get paid anything like players in the championship, it’s a totally nonsense argument. I go to watch WSL. Its enjoyable but It’s no where near the standard. It’s youth team level at best.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Beat me to it, Nero!

A job which men do a multiple of times better than the women do. So therefore, they are paid a multiple of times more than women. Why is this so hard to understand?

Don’t patronise people, I’m not finding it hard to understand. Do you understand that people are entitled to debate, contribute and have alternative views to you?

I answered your point about the CFO and the cleaner.

My final point before I remove myself from this delightful exchange, is that how are men multiple times better? They may be more popular but that doesn’t make them better. And it’s the popularity that creates the revenue allowing them to be paid more.

Signing off now, before I say something worthy of a ban!!"

My eyes and the eyes of everyone else tell me that men are a multiple times better at it than women.

over a year ago

Beat me to it, Nero!

I don’t know enough about women’s football to comment but I’d imagine it’s massively subsidised by the men’s game which in my eyes isn’t equality.

Well if thats the case, then true equality would lead to the gap being even wider between them"

The US women’s team get the same appearance fee and win bonus as the men’s team which is fair because that isn’t based on revenues but for true equality at club level they should be paid what they are worth, the same as any male footballer.

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

"Women tennis players shouldn't be paid the same as men, they only play 3 sets, why should they get equal pay?

If they generated as much interest and revenue as the men then they should. They dont though, so they shouldnt"

Even if they did generate revenue, they still only play 3 sets

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Women tennis players shouldn't be paid the same as men, they only play 3 sets, why should they get equal pay?

If they generated as much interest and revenue as the men then they should. They dont though, so they shouldnt

Even if they did generate revenue, they still only play 3 sets"

True, but if they were to brinfin the same number of punters despite doing less work, then you would have to recognise that.

If the general public decided 3 sets was of the same of higher interest to them than 5 sets, then that should be the barometer.

We dont though, which is one of the reasons men generate more interest/revenue. That and the fact , once again, that men are better than women at the actual game. The difference is probably less stark in tennis, but still relevant

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Even if they did generate revenue, they still only play 3 sets

True, but if they were to brinfin the same number of punters despite doing less work, then you would have to recognise that.

If the general public decided 3 sets was of the same of higher interest to them than 5 sets, then that should be the barometer.

We dont though, which is one of the reasons men generate more interest/revenue. That and the fact , once again, that men are better than women at the actual game. The difference is probably less stark in tennis, but still relevant"

I think its also important to note, 5 set matches only apply in the slams

All other tour events, to the best of my knowledge, are 3 sets

By *kmale201633Man
over a year ago

Southampton

Men's football has been professional for decades, Women's in comparison for 5 minutes. Hopefully the game will continue to progress and wages will increase with this, along with commercial opportunities etc

What do you think OP?

By *asilyled1Man
over a year ago

ogmore valley

Internationals should be paid equally. But in my opinion,you shouldn’t be paid to represent your country. That should be the ultimate honour if you was a sportsman/sportswoman

By *akeanyoneMan
over a year ago

LH

My preference would be the men earned the same as the women

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

When the women’s game generates the same revenue as the men’s and sky/BBC etc are fighting over the rights to the game then yes.

So not really no as can’t see that happening. Same as in women’s boxing. Not gonna happen.

over a year ago

Some interesting opinions on this subject, to say the least.

I thought id throw some figures into the mix.

WSL average attendances for the 2022-23 season.

Arsenal - a very impressive average attendance of 24,000.

The next closest are Man City and Man Utd with appropriately 11,000 each.

Then Chelsea with an average of 7000.

But, at the other end, Everton, West Ham and Spurs averaging just over 1000.

Those are equivalent of mens League 2/National League gates

The Womens Euros generated a huge following..probably more so because of people's frustration with the mens team.

But now the Euros are over, its business as usual in the domestic league.

Figures are definitely up from previous seasons, but there still isnt the attraction or interest in the Womens game yet.

Not just attendances but the generation of sponsorship and commercial backing.

Its unrealistic and impractical to expect the Women to get paid the same as their male counterparts.

But in time, as the standard improves...who knows.

over a year ago

Why the obsession with "equal" pay. That could hinder pro female players earning more than males in the future.

Ok. the reality is currently the male game generates huge income so its all pro rata. But its worth noting a LOT of younger females at school play and they may influence the game further down the line.

But I do wish to make the point this perceived "utopia" of equality isn't always the magic answer to everything.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Why the obsession with "equal" pay. That could hinder pro female players earning more than males in the future.

Ok. the reality is currently the male game generates huge income so its all pro rata. But its worth noting a LOT of younger females at school play and they may influence the game further down the line.

But I do wish to make the point this perceived "utopia" of equality isn't always the magic answer to everything. "

Indeed. And the reason for this is because, dig below the surface, and what it really involves is dragging one set of people down to other levels, instead of focusing on raising one set up to another.

over a year ago

"Why the obsession with "equal" pay. That could hinder pro female players earning more than males in the future.

But I do wish to make the point this perceived "utopia" of equality isn't always the magic answer to everything.

Indeed. And the reason for this is because, dig below the surface, and what it really involves is dragging one set of people down to other levels, instead of focusing on raising one set up to another. "

Exactly. Sometimes equality is the answer to a situation. But other times late "viva la difference" dictate as equality can be detrimental - like when salaries are reduced to achieve. equality.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Indeed. And the reason for this is because, dig below the surface, and what it really involves is dragging one set of people down to other levels, instead of focusing on raising one set up to another.

Exactly. Sometimes equality is the answer to a situation. But other times late "viva la difference" dictate as equality can be detrimental - like when salaries are reduced to achieve. equality. "

Yep. As with most things in life, we should be focused on equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.

Equality of outcome is equity, and that can only be present in a very narrow set of situations ie 2 people doing the exact same job to the exact same levels of quality with the exact same output

over a year ago

Wow .some amount of different thoughts on this topic.

Without wanting to seem like a dinasour..l am just answering the question asked ..no ..the Women have what they have BUT they DO NOT generate the financial input or attract the volume of supporters , of course l sincerely wish them well in their careers, absolutely,but you can't give equal money to those that do not bring to the table what others do .

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Simple as that.

It's not equality if you're not pulling your weight. "

How are the women not pulling their weight? They play 90min matches. They train in the same pattern as the men (days of the week, duration etc). They play on the same pitch with the same size goal, despite the average woman being 8 inches shorter than the average man (5ft 2 vs 5ft 10). They have a domestic league. FA Cup competition. League Cup competition. European league competition. International series, including World and European championships.

The female players doing all of the above only turned full professional in 2014. Less than 10yrs.

Who's fault was it that women's football didn't grow in the same way as men's football?

Dick Kerr's Ladies played St Helen's Ladies on Boxing Day 1920 in front of a a crowd of 53,000, which is more than many premier league men's games.

What happened?? Something happened in 1921.........

over a year ago

North West

Why, in 1996, was I unceremoniously removed from the football team I played in and told I could no longer take part?

The answer to this and my question above are the same.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Simple as that.

How are the women not pulling their weight? They play 90min matches. They train in the same pattern as the men (days of the week, duration etc). They play on the same pitch with the same size goal, despite the average woman being 8 inches shorter than the average man (5ft 2 vs 5ft 10). They have a domestic league. FA Cup competition. League Cup competition. European league competition. International series, including World and European championships.

The female players doing all of the above only turned full professional in 2014. Less than 10yrs.

Who's fault was it that women's football didn't grow in the same way as men's football?

Dick Kerr's Ladies played St Helen's Ladies on Boxing Day 1920 in front of a a crowd of 53,000, which is more than many premier league men's games.

What happened?? Something happened in 1921......... "

So what do you suggest then?

over a year ago

Stourbridge

They were banned from playing.

As I said earlier, I was Tvh the WSL. I actually go to games. However the standard is no where near the men’s, as you say, it’s not been 10years since it started to grow again.

The game simply isn’t good enough to generate money like the men’s game.

Not rocket science.

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

How much revenue did the last women's soccer world cup generate vs the last men's world cup

over a year ago

North West

"They were banned from playing.

As I said earlier, I was Tvh the WSL. I actually go to games. However the standard is no where near the men’s, as you say, it’s not been 10years since it started to grow again.

The game simply isn’t good enough to generate money like the men’s game.

Not rocket science. "

Unfortunately it's not going to improve without someone putting the money in, though. It's taken over 100yrs for the men's game to develop to what it is. Are we suggesting women might be waiting over 100yrs for a better deal? No sport played by both men and women is identical, the "standard", the speed, the number of goals (with the same size goal but shorter 'keepers) is always going to be different due to the difference in the physical abilities of the average female footballer.

Kylian Mbappé can sprint at about 22mph (comparison of approx 27mph for Usain Bolt). The fastest female pro sprinters on Earth hit about 21mph (Elaine Thompson-Herah's Tokyo Olympic winning time of 10.61s used to give that figure). So the fact a male footballer could probably outrun the women's 100m sprint champion should tell you what you need to know about the pace you should expect of women's football etc.

over a year ago

There's some history why the women's game is less popular. Should reparations be paid ... And how much?

Does anyone know if WSL sides are self sufficient or rely on their parent club ?

Does anyone support a different WSL to their men's club?

If any rule came in that demanded equality, the clubs will ditch the women's team. Newcastle say would have a huge advantage versus arsenal as their wages wouldnt be "capped".

over a year ago

"How much revenue did the last women's soccer world cup generate vs the last men's world cup"

A quick google search says the 2018 men’s World Cup final was watched by 3.5bn people. The women’s final in 2015 was watched by 764m people.

By *LiamMan
over a year ago

Midlands

Short answer to this. No they do not have a case.

By *ocketman99Man
over a year ago

fermanagh

As others have mentioned it all comes down to revenue and worth.

The Women’s World Cup generated $131million in revenue.

The players pot which is based on a percentage of revenue.

The women players pot was worth $30 million. This is just over 20% of what they generated.

Now the men’s world cup generated $6 Billion in revenue!

The players pot worked out at $$400 million.

The percentage figure worked out for the players point was 7%.

So looking at that based purely on percentages women are paid a greater percentage. Where’s the discrimination now?

Why should the women’s players pot be $400 million if they can only generate $131 million?

Like premiership clubs the money you earn is based on your performance.

In tennis should women be paid the same? The maximum number of sets women have to play is 3. Men it’s 5. Who has to work harder for their titles? If you want true equality then do away with men’s/women’s competition and have a mixed tournament for the same money. Again equality for ALL.

In retrospect that’s stupid because the simple fact is women can never compete against men in most sports!! The Australians women’s soccer team were beaten 7-0 by a clubs U-15 boys team.

To conclude: Absolutely Not.

By *rTongueTeaserMan
over a year ago

CHELMSFORD

Second division players probably want equal pay to premier league.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Don't pay any of them anything bar expenses. Let them do it for the love of the game.

over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 12/02/23 21:07:36]

over a year ago

North West

"Don't pay any of them anything bar expenses. Let them do it for the love of the game."

The men, you mean? The women spent the period 1921 - 2014 playing for absolutely nothing in most cases, not even expenses

over a year ago

"As others have mentioned it all comes down to revenue and worth.

The Women’s World Cup generated $131million in revenue.

The players pot which is based on a percentage of revenue.

The women players pot was worth $30 million. This is just over 20% of what they generated.

Now the men’s world cup generated $6 Billion in revenue!

The players pot worked out at $$400 million.

The percentage figure worked out for the players point was 7%.

So looking at that based purely on percentages women are paid a greater percentage. Where’s the discrimination now?

Why should the women’s players pot be $400 million if they can only generate $131 million?

Like premiership clubs the money you earn is based on your performance.

In tennis should women be paid the same? The maximum number of sets women have to play is 3. Men it’s 5. Who has to work harder for their titles? If you want true equality then do away with men’s/women’s competition and have a mixed tournament for the same money. Again equality for ALL.

In retrospect that’s stupid because the simple fact is women can never compete against men in most sports!! The Australians women’s soccer team were beaten 7-0 by a clubs U-15 boys team.

To conclude: Absolutely Not. "

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Don't pay any of them anything bar expenses. Let them do it for the love of the game.

The men, you mean? The women spent the period 1921 - 2014 playing for absolutely nothing in most cases, not even expenses "

Men, women any of them. If the quality of the games goes down, so be it. It'll be on tv less, which leaves me with more test card transmission to watch,!

By *kmale201633Man
over a year ago

Southampton

What do you think OP?

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Your paid based on your ability and worth to the club

By *outhernDelightMan
over a year ago

Brent

This, totally agree, it’s a business and a sport one at that (so not your ordinary office job), men’s football been growing for 100+ years to get to the pay rates, I’m afraid women game has to do the same, maybe not as long. If you start paying women equal pay, where is the money coming from? And don’t say the men’s game, you don’t see Coca Cola helping out Pepsi by paying their staff. The quality of the women game has to improve, good thing that it has been improving, but it still has some way to go, and if it continues to do so, it will draw in more audience, more money pumped into it by fans, and therefor the women’s worth will increase.

Using tennis as an example to fight against this case is a wrong one, as the women tennis brings in similar amount to the men’s, as the women’s game has improve on par with men and therefor more people interested in the woman’s games too.

It’s heading in the right direction, just needs time.

over a year ago

"What do you think OP? "

Thanks for asking.

In a nutshell I think whilst it is the same product on the pitch (yes I think we can all agree the quality is not at the same levels as their male counterparts but that doesn’t detract from it being a conventional game of football) the numbers behind the scenes are chalk and cheese.

A case in point is Arsenal recently tried to lure Russo from Man Utd for a British record of £0.5 Million. Compare that with the £100 Million plus Chelsea recently paid for the Argentine World Cup winner.

I think, whilst not directly being related to salaries, those figures go somewhat to highlight the disproportionate finances invoked across both disciplines.

But what I am not privy to is exactly what the female players are asking for. Do they want parity with the average salary at, say, Crewe Alexandra or at Manchester City ?

I really have no idea what kid of salaries the ladies are on at the moment so it’s hard to make an informed call.

But for the sake of drawing a conclusion I would say if they want to be on a par with Premier league players (as the WSL is the top tier of English ladies football) then No they don’t have a case.

over a year ago

There's not equal pay in the men's game. Not a hope of it happening in the women's game for a long Time.

over a year ago

North West

^^^Average WSL player earns approx £47,000. Leah Williamson reportedly earns £200,000 as an indicator of the "high" point.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62378095

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I can only talk about tennis, as I watch a lot of it.

There's a school of thought that they should be paid equally, as a women's champion is still the best at what she does, she still has to beat all the others in equal competition.

However, pay parity is easier to do in tennis as the revenue is accumulated at the same time - if Wimbledon generates £100M (total guess!) It's because both men & women play in n the same meet.

In reality, I would say a far greater proportion of fans are turning up to see male players - do you want to watch a women's final lasting 55 minutes (many in 2 straight sets) or an epic men's final of 5 sets of closely fought & evenly matched tennis lasting a good 4 or 5 hrs?

This seems to translate the same to football - although they at least play the same length of time. If folk won't pay as much to see them, what can you do?

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Did a youth team of teenage kids not beat a full international womans football team? Its all about ability and what a teams willing pay should all players seek that there club offer equal pay to players when they're clearly not as good as others at there clubs think mls is one only leagues I know that has a wage cap implemented into the league

over a year ago

By some people's logic, The supporting acts to Elton John, Adele, Madonna etc, etc should be paid the same has the main acts. Because they are both singing.

Like has been mentioned not all the men in the same team get paid the same. One player can be making 4 maybe 5 times þhe amount of another, depending on their importance to the team or club. So how can you we have equality.

Maybe people want a communist government, so we can all be paid equally.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Not sure you can just demand the same pay as others can you? It's an entirely different sport and economy. But if they merit it and it is commercially viable pay them what they are worth. Probably be a lot her 30 years be for the women's game has the same commercial footprint as the mens... And when that happens of course pay them market value. Same as anyone else.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"By some people's logic, The supporting acts to Elton John, Adele, Madonna etc, etc should be paid the same has the main acts. Because they are both singing.

Like has been mentioned not all the men in the same team get paid the same. One player can be making 4 maybe 5 times þhe amount of another, depending on their importance to the team or club. So how can you we have equality.

Maybe people want a communist government, so we can all be paid equally. "

From what I’ve seen on here over the years I don’t think you’re far wrong with that last paragraph.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"By some people's logic, The supporting acts to Elton John, Adele, Madonna etc, etc should be paid the same has the main acts. Because they are both singing.

Maybe people want a communist government, so we can all be paid equally. "

Can you imagine if they all got paid the same as ronaldo.. How much season tickets would be.?

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

How can you enforce this when even in the same team people get paid different amounts. Also perhaps it should be based on a formula depending on revenue and fluctuate accordingly with a protected minimum basic pay. That's should also be applied to male players and might control some of the ridiculous pays and disparity amongst players. A basic pay for all and everything above based on additional criteria including revenue. Who knows, not an easy answer really.

By *oppolocosTV/TS
over a year ago

inverurie

In the US if anything the women's game is bigger so equal pay is more than justified. For pretty much the rest of the world its not really justifiable, even for internationals. The women's game just doesn't attract the same kind of crowds or advertising revenue. Whether it should be on some kind of pro-rata basis is perhaps more justifiable.

By *lex.and.SexCouple
over a year ago

Bedale

Male footballers aren't paid the same as each other! Why on earth would we have gender parity in a role which is entirely performance related pay (performance in this context meaning business performance, how much money can their playing bring to the club, not necessarily performance on the pitch though of course that's a part of it.

Market forces should dictate wages in professional sport. Nothing more, nothing less.

over a year ago

Why is there even separate mens and womens football? Regardless of gender, if you make the grade you make the team and are paid accordingly.

Soldiers are all paid the same for their role, not their gender. So are police and many other occupations.

By *lex.and.SexCouple
over a year ago

Bedale

"Why is there even separate mens and womens football? Regardless of gender, if you make the grade you make the team and are paid accordingly.

Soldiers are all paid the same for their role, not their gender. So are police and many other occupations."

With all due respect there are seperate games because the top flight female players would barely crack league two teams.

It's an unfashionable fact, but it remains a fact

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Why is there even separate mens and womens football? Regardless of gender, if you make the grade you make the team and are paid accordingly.

Soldiers are all paid the same for their role, not their gender. So are police and many other occupations."

Is that a serious question?

How many women do you actually think would make the team if that were the way it is?

By *pentoall555Man
over a year ago

benfleet

Can tho bring the same number of spectators through the turnstiles. Otherwise it cannot be paid for

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Surely it should be based on the viewing figures ie how many people watch mens football to womens football...... Nothing else counts the ridiculous wages that the men pull in note i didn't say earn are based on that and what the clubs can afford

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Soldiers are all paid the same for their role, not their gender. So are police and many other occupations.

With all due respect there are seperate games because the top flight female players would barely crack league two teams.

It's an unfashionable fact, but it remains a fact "

League two would be pushing it! Unfashionable or not it is a fact. I don’t get how people can’t see this.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/02/23 20:15:48]

over a year ago

It's an unfashionable fact, but it remains a fact "

Then the question is answered. They aren’t doing the job to the same level. I bet there are a few that could though.

over a year ago

Stourbridge

Women players simply can’t compete with males. It’s not a skill thing, it’s physical strength and power. The best women players in the world can’t compete at male under 18 level let alone league players.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

Football players are paid based on what a club thinks they're worth, there is no equal pay

over a year ago

"Football players are paid based on what a club thinks they're worth, there is no equal pay

"

This too..

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"At international level they may have a case. At club level it’s impossible until they generate the same level of revenue as their male counterparts."

Which they won't be able to do until as much money and advertising is put into it.

over a year ago

North West

"Football players are paid based on what a club thinks they're worth, there is no equal pay

"

Nooooooooo I think all footy-ball players should earn as much as CR7 (did) and Mr Haaland etc. does *nods*

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

Let women play with men to get the same pay

Also apply it to rugby..

over a year ago

North West

"Let women play with men to get the same pay

Also apply it to rugby.."

Because this applies to most sports, does it?! Fuck sake

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Also apply it to rugby.."

Let men give birth to male footballers and pay them the stars, the moon, the pulsars and the cosmos.

By *weetsmellingtreatsWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

I personally have never thought it right. For the amount of sets reasons.

Either make women do 5 sets or men do 3 if parity on prize money is my feeling for this

It's a matter of contention that the Wimbledon tennis event financially rewards the winner of the ladies singles and the men’s singles the same. Men’s singles matches at Grand Slams are played as best-of-five encounters while the same on the women’s side of things continues to remain a best-of-three encounter. Men get paid the same but play (work) almost twice the amount for the same pay."

By *ocketman99Man
over a year ago

fermanagh

Also apply it to rugby..

Let men give birth to male footballers and pay them the stars, the moon, the pulsars and the cosmos."

You may talk to the maker of humanity about that one!

over a year ago

At the end of the day, football is a business. However, player wages have to be decided based on how much money is coming into the club.

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"At the end of the day, football is a business. However, player wages have to be decided based on how much money is coming into the club."

Why can the club (e.g. Man Utd.) not pay all players the same with the totality of the money they have coming in? Otherwise, they may as well pay Player A twice as much as Player B, because he's the real earner.

over a year ago

North West

"At the end of the day, football is a business. However, player wages have to be decided based on how much money is coming into the club.

Why can the club (e.g. Man Utd.) not pay all players the same with the totality of the money they have coming in? Otherwise, they may as well pay Player A twice as much as Player B, because he's the real earner. "

Currently, that's exactly what happens. Player A at Man U (gender irrelevant) may earn X, as negotiated by their agent at the start of the contract. Player B, deemed less skilled or desired by other clubs might only be earning Y. That's how it works in both the men's and women's games. It's just that X and Y in the WSL are a lot lower than in the Premier League. WSL salaries probably more closely align for the most part with men's league 1 or 2, with a few exceptions.

over a year ago

I’d fight more for the men footballers to be brought down to the ladies much more realistic and also comfortable living payscale….

Equality and all that.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"I’d fight more for the men footballers to be brought down to the ladies much more realistic and also comfortable living payscale….

Equality and all that. "

That makes a lot of sence.

over a year ago

Again it’s income value against pay like others have said

And isn’t ladies England team all volunteers ?

thought a mixed international game would be fun ,mixed teams

over a year ago

North West

"Again it’s income value against pay like others have said

And isn’t ladies England team all volunteers ?

thought a mixed international game would be fun ,mixed teams "

No, England Ladies are not all volunteers! And the vast majority of sport is gender segregated for a reason! The only sports I can think of where men and women compete as equals are equestrian sport and motorsports (I'm ignoring mixed relays in athletics, triathlon and swimming etc).

By *ingu and The ApeCouple
over a year ago

The Igloo

For international matches yes I agree but for domestic games it would be impossible at this time to pay “equal” because the women’s games doesn’t bring in the same revenue.

You mentioned tennis and the women having equal pay to the men. There’s an arguement that the women are now paid better, just hear me out. Women’s match is best of three sets, worst case scenario all 7-6 games which means 39 games across 3 sets. Men play best of 5 sets which could mean 65 games over 5 sets.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

For international matches yes I agree but for domestic games it would be impossible at this time to pay “equal” because the women’s games doesn’t bring in the same revenue.

You mentioned tennis and the women having equal pay to the men. There’s an arguement that the women are now paid better, just hear me out. Women’s match is best of three sets, worst case scenario all 7-6 games which means 39 games across 3 sets. Men play best of 5 sets which could mean 65 games over 5 sets. "

Yeah, but the women wear short skirts and fluffy nickers, that’s got to be worth more in terms of audience attraction

By *inkycouple20212021Couple
over a year ago

Yaxley

Over the next 10-15 years the female game will get a lot closer to the male football wage.

If clubs at the moment done equal pay the female teams would go bankrupt very quickly. It just isn’t there yet.

I’m all for equal pay in sport but this has to be done gradually.

Wimbledon I don’t see why it is equal pay males do best of 5 sets and can be on court for 4 hours. Females do best if 3 sets and off court in 2 hours

over a year ago

No. Your pay in any field should be based on your competence, performance and value/revenue generated. Saying somebody should be paid the same as someone else based on gender alone is a sexist argument in itself.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Cut the blokes wages to match the women- it’s only kicking a windbag round a field for a couple of hours a week…they can get a second job collecting the trolleys in Tesco if they need more cash

By *abrina59TV/TS
over a year ago

submissive land

The simple solution in Sport would seem to stop having say mens football & womens football & just have football for Everyone.

those that are good enough (man or woman) will be paid more those who arent wont be paid well.

thats called equality

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"The simple solution in Sport would seem to stop having say mens football & womens football & just have football for Everyone.

those that are good enough (man or woman) will be paid more those who arent wont be paid well.

thats called equality"

So in effect, youre basically excluding women then from any high level of competition in football.

Because that will be the end result of it

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"The simple solution in Sport would seem to stop having say mens football & womens football & just have football for Everyone.

thats called equality

So in effect, youre basically excluding women then from any high level of competition in football.

Because that will be the end result of it"

Thats a bit harsh? I've seen some fine acting by women who could easily play 'roll round on the ground pretending they've broken a spine', before making a full and sudden recovery as soon as they get a free kick- although they do seem to lack some of the other skills to blatantly cheat like the men do?

By *ingo00Man
over a year ago

Cowley

On the argument of revenue splitting, Im sure I read somewhere (can't remember if these exact numbers are right) Man City's mens team generates in the region of 500 million per year, whereas the women's team costs 3 million per year. If the argument is to pay equal shares of revenue the women's players would have to pay to play!

That being said, the Lionesses victory and the increasing coverage can only help drive the women's game in the right direction, and I hope it does! Women deserve the opportunity to earn untold riches based on their talents, the same as anyone else does

over a year ago

If men and women are equal why don't the women play football with the men it's the same as boxing what woman fancies fighting Tyson

over a year ago

I see the Scottish ladies have now followed the lead of the Canadians.

‘ Scotland women's national football team are taking legal action against the Scottish FA in a fight over equal pay and conditions after talks broke down.

The squad, led by captain Rachel Corsie, are ready to take their case to an employment tribunal.

The players consider there to be disparities between their treatment and that of their male counterparts.’

From the BBC website.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I see the Scottish ladies have now followed the lead of the Canadians.

‘ Scotland women's national football team are taking legal action against the Scottish FA in a fight over equal pay and conditions after talks broke down.

The squad, led by captain Rachel Corsie, are ready to take their case to an employment tribunal.

The players consider there to be disparities between their treatment and that of their male counterparts.’

From the BBC website. "

Be interesting to understand a bit more of the disparities in both sides...surely It comes down to the revenue the respective teams generate. When they sell out hampden Park at full price tickets I'm sure they'll get equal packages... I know the women rugby players were moaning that they weren't being flown club class but the men were..

over a year ago

From the BBC website.

Be interesting to understand a bit more of the disparities in both sides...surely It comes down to the revenue the respective teams generate. When they sell out hampden Park at full price tickets I'm sure they'll get equal packages... I know the women rugby players were moaning that they weren't being flown club class but the men were.. "

Do you think there's some suggestions that the money needed to bring up the pay to the same level as the male players should come from the men's teams?

For example Chelsea.

The women's team is no-where near as well off financially as the men's team, so maybe there's an expectation of sourcing this cash from them.

By *r laidbackMan
over a year ago

London & New Brighton

"At international level they may have a case. At club level it’s impossible until they generate the same level of revenue as their male counterparts."

100 % agree

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

From the BBC website.

Be interesting to understand a bit more of the disparities in both sides...surely It comes down to the revenue the respective teams generate. When they sell out hampden Park at full price tickets I'm sure they'll get equal packages... I know the women rugby players were moaning that they weren't being flown club class but the men were..

Do you think there's some suggestions that the money needed to bring up the pay to the same level as the male players should come from the men's teams?

For example Chelsea.

The women's team is no-where near as well off financially as the men's team, so maybe there's an expectation of sourcing this cash from them."

I have no idea how they would propose to fund it. I mean ultimately it may need investment funding to help it grow... Equally whilst revenues may be high... There aren't many mens prem teams in football or rugby that are turning a profit.... So perhaps the women's game can learn from that.

By *ama bamaMan
over a year ago

dalkeith

"I don't know but are they doing the same job as men? According to the job description I mean."
in my work the pay i get is some 20000 less than others in a differaint company. you get paid what the product you deliver is worth.

over a year ago

This isn't your regular 9-5 job where you get paid the same as your colleagues (depending on your position of course. but even then, the difference isn't massive).

Footballers don't even get paid the same amount as the rest of the team they play with.

Football isn't a sport where you can have a standard wage across the board.

(I have issues with the amounts that get thrown at players, especially in the premier league, but that's for another thread)

over a year ago

Equal pay at a National Level, for playing for your country is indeed a fair shout and should happen today, and also easy to implement as players get the same appearance fee which is consistent across the squad.

If you are talking about club level, it can never happen for various reasons:

- Pay is not standardised in the mend game either. There are no Unions and recognised pay grades etc. It’s everyone for themselves when it comes to agreeing your worth.

- The game isn't either, there are fewer clubs, different league structures, different competitions, it’s not the same job.

- Many men get lower pay thean the top paying men as it’s a meritocracy, the best get paid the most. Who will this equal pay be equal with?

- Market forces dictate pay in many industries including sport and football. If you negotiate your new contract at the right time, you can get differing outcomes

- Clubs have to earn the money to support the pay structure. Cheating aside, Financial Fair Play rules mean clubs have to prove they can afford to pay the wages they offer. Women’s clubs don't have the support in terms of attendance or sponsorship that would allow them to pay that kind of money

Loads more reasons too, but the main one is a wrapper around all the above, these are not public servants, they are private employees of private companies, and no-one can make any of them pay their players any differently to how each individual player accepts when they sign.

Post new Message to Thread