Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

STI checks with same day or 24hr results

Jump to newest

By *rown sugar OP   Man
over a year ago

East Midlands

Can someone tell me if there’s somewhere o can go to get an STI check with same day or at least 24 hour results back?

Thank you.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I only waited 72 hours for my last one, is that not quick enough?

If you’re worried then just abstain from sex until you get your results… you’re probably going to spend longer looking for same day results than it would have taken to get standard results in the first place

over a year ago

I would think it depends on if you think you've been exposed to anything? The advice is different depending on what really. But home test kits are normally results within 5-7 days, GP/GUM usually around 7-10

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

You're never going to get same day results when it's necessary to grow up swabs in the microbiology department. Depending on what organism is being looked for (e.g. chlamydia, gonorrhoea etc), then samples need incubating for 2 or more days. Other testing can be near enough instant, depending on the test kits used, but it's simply impossible to get microbiology results quickly.

over a year ago

Testing windows generally run from 2-12wks dependant on what you may may have been exposed to.

In the event of possible exposure to HIV you're advised to seek PEP treatment/advice within 72hrs (sooner the better)... Advice from online OP.

Post new Message to Thread