Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Does there come a point

Jump to newest

By *odgerMoore OP   Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

Where you just say enough….. the lack of respect becomes too much and ….. anyone been there? Xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

As on here or in life in general?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Where you just say enough….. the lack of respect becomes too much and ….. anyone been there? Xx"

Yep. Just handed in my notice at work

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yep

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Where you just say enough….. the lack of respect becomes too much and ….. anyone been there? Xx"
not yet I've been used to moving around in recent years it keeps things fresh

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I’d say I’ve had this four times in my life. Every time I’ve decided that what’s important to *me* is most important of all, so I’ve walked away and onto something better. Don’t regret any of those choices.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Are you still playing the rhythm guitar, Tödge...?

By *cotCouple666Couple
over a year ago

Central Belt

Many times. But something always brings me back.

By *an de LyonMan
over a year ago

welling

Yep, with my sister sadly. Disrespect comes from somewhere, and it’s usually someone else’s unhappiness. Sometimes, as hard as it might be, you’ve just got to cut other people’s toxic shit out of your life before you get dragged down by it.

over a year ago

Indeed. With a few people and sadly habe to learn to cut it out and move on. Easier said than done at the time though.

over a year ago

Yes! Two years I managed one particular care home, I’d spent 18 hours holding a hand of a lady at the end of her life on earth. She had no family that wished to be with her, I’d sat with her as she took her last breaths, I did her make up, washed her etc. I called my boss to inform him of her passing and the notification I was doing … his words were “well have you filled the bed yet”

It was at that point I said “goodbye”, a little less politely than that!

Mrs

over a year ago

I once quit a job by saying fuck this and storming out and I felt like such a badass back in the fresh air.

But then I had to speak to them again to confirm details and that was pretty awkward turtles

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Yes! Two years I managed one particular care home, I’d spent 18 hours holding a hand of a lady at the end of her life on earth. She had no family that wished to be with her, I’d sat with her as she took her last breaths, I did her make up, washed her etc. I called my boss to inform him of her passing and the notification I was doing … his words were “well have you filled the bed yet”

Mrs "

That sounds awful, especially with how you had looked after and cared for her in those lonely last moments.

You made sure that she had a dignified end and that was a very disrespectful comment from the manager.

over a year ago

Yep

Get that regularly

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Yes! Two years I managed one particular care home, I’d spent 18 hours holding a hand of a lady at the end of her life on earth. She had no family that wished to be with her, I’d sat with her as she took her last breaths, I did her make up, washed her etc. I called my boss to inform him of her passing and the notification I was doing … his words were “well have you filled the bed yet”

Mrs "

There's no words for people like that, none that are polite that is..

More importantly, on a purely humane level thank you for being there with them at that time..

No one should go alone and your compassion for another is commendable..

Post new Message to Thread