Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Strikes

Jump to newest

By *etric5555 OP   Man
over a year ago

BISHOP AUCKLAND

What do we all think is a reasonable hourly rate,I no a cpl of friends 1 a nurse 1 a teacher on strike iv asked them and basically got told £25phr minimum please offer your opinions

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not many teachers or nurses are on anywhere near £25 an hour.

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

I am sure nurses and teachers are worth £25 an hour.

Maybe we need a documentry to see what the average nurse and teacher does.

Think MPs are over paid.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

Nobody needs £25 pH, don't know where they expect cuts to be made from to fund that because that's what would be required.

I see someone earlier on the news saying they were striking for more pay because they couldn't do there job properly anymore. Don't think more money in the bank makes them more capable

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

OP that might be for night work.

Teachers and nurses are assaulted, abused,spat at put up with all kinds of crap.

Teachers walk a daily tightrope with wondering if they are going to have untrue accusations aimed at them not to mention stalked and abused on social media.

Abuse from parents who won't have a bad word said about little Jonny even though he's a little cunt.

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Nobody needs £25 pH, don't know where they expect cuts to be made from to fund that because that's what would be required.

I see someone earlier on the news saying they were striking for more pay because they couldn't do there job properly anymore. Don't think more money in the bank makes them more capable "

I think it's more to do with being understaffed and attracting more people into those jobs,the catch 22 is to pay that wage they can't afford to employ more staff....

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I am sure nurses and teachers are worth £25 an hour.

Think MPs are over paid.

"

Do you know what an mp does?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

25 per hour is about 45 k a year.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

"Nobody needs £25 pH, don't know where they expect cuts to be made from to fund that because that's what would be required.

I see someone earlier on the news saying they were striking for more pay because they couldn't do there job properly anymore. Don't think more money in the bank makes them more capable

I think it's more to do with being understaffed and attracting more people into those jobs,the catch 22 is to pay that wage they can't afford to employ more staff...."

Exactly, if they really want the NHS to run better then more people need to be employed and if they have to pay the 120k staff they're short by already 25ph then that's only going to make more problems for our economy.

Everyone would like more money and most people are struggling financially but people need to remember that that pay rise has to come from somewhere

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Just bin off HS2

No-one wants the fucking thing anyway.

That'll save a few billion.

Oh wait isn't Boris Johnson dad a major shareholder in one of the companies constricting it???

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Think MPs are over paid.

Do you know what an mp does? "

If its going by my MP they do f all.

Hes managed to have an affair with someone on his staff and the whole area is a dump and crime is up.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Think MPs are over paid.

If its going by my MP they do f all.

Hes managed to have an affair with someone on his staff and the whole area is a dump and crime is up."

People commit crimes and that's someone else's fault? You know one mp judge all mps on that knowledge. OK then. Do you know what an mp does?

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

MPs they go in the jungle and play games,,

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I think it's more to do with being understaffed and attracting more people into those jobs,the catch 22 is to pay that wage they can't afford to employ more staff....

Exactly, if they really want the NHS to run better then more people need to be employed and if they have to pay the 120k staff they're short by already 25ph then that's only going to make more problems for our economy.

Everyone would like more money and most people are struggling financially but people need to remember that that pay rise has to come from somewhere "

Precisely

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Mps commit fraud and rob the hard working tax payer.

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

If the pay rise was funded by those that could most afford it then maybe those most in need would stop turning on each other

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Everyone would like more money and most people are struggling financially but people need to remember that that pay rise has to come from somewhere "

It also fuels inflation which just puts you back where you were.

Getting the balance is something governments around the world restle with.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Everyone would like more money and most people are struggling financially but people need to remember that that pay rise has to come from somewhere

Getting the balance is something governments around the world restle with. "

Indeed. Though a large part of that is misjudged (often selfish) investments in to other parts of the infrastructure of government and the country.

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

A couple with maybe one or two small children should be able to afford to buy a house, comfortably feed and clothe themselves and keep the house warm on one of their incomes while the other stays home to care for the children. So whatever that works out to be per hour depending on where you live.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

scrap hs2 for a start, nurses havent had a decent pay rise for 10 years under this conservitive goverment,,

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

conservatives,,

By *alldarkandharmlessMan
over a year ago

Ross on Wye

The majority of people get paid all they are worth.

If your not happy in your job go and get another one, or put some effort into bettering yourself by studying or additional training.

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"What do we all think is a reasonable hourly rate,I no a cpl of friends 1 a nurse 1 a teacher on strike iv asked them and basically got told £25phr minimum please offer your opinions "
nobody who is employed should have to need benefits to top up to live whilst theyre employer is paying dividends to shareholders on profits . Untill that basic tenant is resolved this countrys wages system is broken

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

Getting the balance is something governments around the world restle with. "

Exactly, there is no easy solution to the problem and especially with recent and current events

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"A couple with maybe one or two small children should be able to afford to buy a house, comfortably feed and clothe themselves and keep the house warm on one of their incomes while the other stays home to care for the children. So whatever that works out to be per hour depending on where you live. "

I don't think there will be many people who can afford to do this. The thought is nice but not affordable for most people I would imagine.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"A couple with maybe one or two small children should be able to afford to buy a house, comfortably feed and clothe themselves and keep the house warm on one of their incomes while the other stays home to care for the children. So whatever that works out to be per hour depending on where you live. "

Nuclear families...those were the days.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"The majority of people get paid all they are worth.

If your not happy in your job go and get another one, or put some effort into bettering yourself by studying or additional training. "

What? You mean I have to do something? Fuck that.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"What do we all think is a reasonable hourly rate,I no a cpl of friends 1 a nurse 1 a teacher on strike iv asked them and basically got told £25phr minimum please offer your opinions nobody who is employed should have to need benefits to top up to live whilst theyre employer is paying dividends to shareholders on profits . Untill that basic tenant is resolved this countrys wages system is broken "

Not just this country. Its a common theme in most countries to fund businesses by selling shares to investors. Without funding business wouldnt run. If you can find a way to fund businesses different to that. Then you've done well.

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

"A couple with maybe one or two small children should be able to afford to buy a house, comfortably feed and clothe themselves and keep the house warm on one of their incomes while the other stays home to care for the children. So whatever that works out to be per hour depending on where you live.

I don't think there will be many people who can afford to do this. The thought is nice but not affordable for most people I would imagine."

And yet it’s not that long since this was the norm, pay rates have been eroded against cost of living for decades to now be at the point where some people in full time employment need food banks, that is not a sign of a developed nation.

By *llaandGCouple
over a year ago

London

Think MPs are over paid.

Do you know what an mp does? "

Actually, that's part of the problem. Clearly there are some very good MPs. But unfortunately many of them are at best invisible, and at worst, apparently corrupt, hypocritical, self-interested or incompetent.

We need more visibility and more accountability and then MPs might be higher up the Ipsos Trusted Profession table (second lowest, 15% trust...)

G

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

The more money you earn the more tax you pay so you will be no better of and more pension you will end up paying .

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Think MPs are over paid.

Actually, that's part of the problem. Clearly there are some very good MPs. But unfortunately many of them are at best invisible, and at worst, apparently corrupt, hypocritical, self-interested or incompetent.

We need more visibility and more accountability and then MPs might be higher up the Ipsos Trusted Profession table (second lowest, 15% trust...)

G"

I think also we need to attract better quality mps. Compare what out mps are paid with the rest of Europe / America / apd.

Post new Message to Thread