Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Clutter

Jump to newest

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

Is your house cluttered with things? Devices, appliances, ornaments, knick-knacks etc

I don't mean untidy and unclean, with things just dumped anywhere.

Just packed full of belongings that there just is not enough storage space for anything to be reasonably packed away.

I don't want to use the word hoarder because that to me is more along the lines of piles of old newspapers stacked in the living room and just old crap you refuse to throw away.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aizyWoman
over a year ago

west midlands

Books, books and more books. I do need to buy more book cases but I am running out of room to put them! I am very much of the mindset you can never have enough books, my partner does not agree with me!

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Nope I’m a minimalist / essentialist.

I had the loft converted a few months ago and it’s still practically empty !

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Retro gaming consoles, mountain bikes and associated paraphernalia

And Ford Esc Mexico RS2000 bits in the loft

over a year ago

Absolutely yes. Mostly books, clothes, the odd small appliance meant to be fixed but never is and makeup

over a year ago

nope, clutter drives me mad!

i try and keep things as neat and tidy as possible.. except my desk.. uni work everywhere

oh and my brain.. that's messy as fuck Px

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Books, books and more books. I do need to buy more book cases but I am running out of room to put them! I am very much of the mindset you can never have enough books, my partner does not agree with me! "

But then you run out of room for cases!

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

Yeah, way too much but it’s a busy house so it’s all in use most days

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Nope I’m a minimalist / essentialist.

I had the loft converted a few months ago and it’s still practically empty ! "

Had the same done recently. In the process of just trashing to much stuff and seeing what I end up with.

over a year ago

I do love things neat and tidy.

But like me, my house is just an absolute mess.

I need a bigger house.

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Retro gaming consoles, mountain bikes and associated paraphernalia

And Ford Esc Mexico RS2000 bits in the loft "

Most sort of useless (at least just sitting there) but tricky to feel like it can be thrown.

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Absolutely yes. Mostly books, clothes, the odd small appliance meant to be fixed but never is and makeup"

Indeed! Good intentions but never get around to doing it.

over a year ago

I have spent the last 18 months clearing out the old to get ready for welcomimg new things in to my life.

So far I've refurbished about 75% of my house. It's exhausting.

Definitely hard to do for long periods. And I need to be in the right frame of mind to just be resolute and decisive and not rethink and regret a week after I've donated things or the bin lorry has carted it away.

I took a break since the week before Christmas but I need to get back to it or I'll still be looking at these piles and boxes and paint cans in July

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"nope, clutter drives me mad!

i try and keep things as neat and tidy as possible.. except my desk.. uni work everywhere

oh and my brain.. that's messy as fuck Px "

Uni work is never meant to be clean and organised!

Presentable on the outside, a big load of mess inside... Wait... maybe I should phrase that again

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Yeah, way too much but it’s a busy house so it’s all in use most days "

I think that's an important thing to note between a hoarder too, how often it gets used.

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Cluttered to fuck

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I do love things neat and tidy.

But like me, my house is just an absolute mess.

I need a bigger house. "

Houses are far too small. I thankfully live in an older property so it is larger but not designed at all for modern items.

While newer property tends to be tiny by has modern designs in mind.

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I have spent the last 18 months clearing out the old to get ready for welcomimg new things in to my life.

So far I've refurbished about 75% of my house. It's exhausting.

Definitely hard to do for long periods. And I need to be in the right frame of mind to just be resolute and decisive and not rethink and regret a week after I've donated things or the bin lorry has carted it away.

I took a break since the week before Christmas but I need to get back to it or I'll still be looking at these piles and boxes and paint cans in July "

That is sort of my plan starting in the next few weeks, try to be as new as possible with as much as is practical.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

My lovely little house was the perfect size for me and for when the grandkids stayed over.

Then, after the break up of my youngest son's long term relationship he moved back in.

Now my space has gone from just me being in it to also him and my granddaughter, she lives with us half if the week.

I have toys, a massive dolls house, a vanity table, a stool and god knows what else around the house. If the house is a mess I find it messes with my head.

By *aizyWoman
over a year ago

west midlands

"Books, books and more books. I do need to buy more book cases but I am running out of room to put them! I am very much of the mindset you can never have enough books, my partner does not agree with me!

But then you run out of room for cases! "

Exactly, I need to move to a bigger house!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Yes. I've got far too many books, sheet music etc. Generally I'm quite good at having a clear out when it feels like there's too much stuff (I hate stuff) and relish a good charity shop/tip run but I can't seem to part with the aforementioned. I don't want to.

I'm hoping to turn the spare room into a mini library this year, we'll see if that happens.

over a year ago

When I had kids I had to train myself out of getting wound up by the mess.

Messy not equalling dirty etc.

But they're older now and still flipping messy if I don't keep on top of it/them so it's tough to stay unbothered. Especially since I've refurbed and bought new furniture.

Deep breaths galore for me

By *aizyWoman
over a year ago

west midlands

"Yes. I've got far too many books, sheet music etc. Generally I'm quite good at having a clear out when it feels like there's too much stuff (I hate stuff) and relish a good charity shop/tip run but I can't seem to part with the aforementioned. I don't want to.

I'm hoping to turn the spare room into a mini library this year, we'll see if that happens. "

I've already done that with my spare room, book cases are now in the other rooms of my house too!

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Retro gaming consoles, mountain bikes and associated paraphernalia

And Ford Esc Mexico RS2000 bits in the loft "

You had me at ford Mexico

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yep. miminalist and kids just doesn't mix

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Motorcycle gear, diving kit, cameras various bits of beach detritus (which may or may not be useful) and a random collection of dead marine life. Couple of microscopes and tools (a rather lot). Oops forgot about seeds for the allotment

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

The only room in the house that is a little cluttered is currently the office.

And that's only because it's the end of the VAT quarter and we haven't dropped the books off to the accountants yet.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Yes. I've got far too many books, sheet music etc. Generally I'm quite good at having a clear out when it feels like there's too much stuff (I hate stuff) and relish a good charity shop/tip run but I can't seem to part with the aforementioned. I don't want to.

I'm hoping to turn the spare room into a mini library this year, we'll see if that happens.

I've already done that with my spare room, book cases are now in the other rooms of my house too! "

Ha, that sounds wonderful in my mind! Instead I have piles of books in most rooms. Lots in the guest room. The spare room. I have sheet music that I don't think I'll need and probably haven't for almost two decades but you never know, maybe one day I'll play another concerto for two violins and one person needs it.

over a year ago

My house is a clutter disaster zone.. I think i need to downsize

over a year ago

Dora’s house is and mine very much isn’t.

It’s an oasis

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I have more stuff than I have space for, so its a constant battle to bin things I don’t need or use to keep newer things I don’t need or use!

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

Yes but actually yes to both as my place is right now super unorganised and I’ve been just throwing things everywhere!

I’m very much need of a proper deep clean and also clean out. I’m quite excited about it though as I do find it therapeutic to get rid of things!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We have a lot of stuff. Having moved from a bigger to a smaller home we have more things than we have room for despite a huge clear out before we moved.

over a year ago

I have 7 settees to give you an idea of how my much stuff i have plus an external one

Post new Message to Thread