Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

That feeling...when you know you know

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been on fab in various forms over the last ten years, for the past few months I've been feeling "it" less and less (not the site, the lifestyle), not enjoying clubs as much as I did, every guy that messages it takes one thing (even the most stupid things) to put me off, I think I'm losing a part of me that has been with me for so long, something that bought myself and my husband doughnut together, I think I'm turning vanilla and you know what? I'm actually ok with it.

Anyone else ever had that feeling (I mean you are here so I imagine not many), when you knew it was time to hang up your lingerie and just be those normal people in your circle of friends?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lowercandyWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

Maybe just hide the profile and take a break

We all have ups and downs

I can be away from here for months sometimes years at a go

Then I slowly come back

My breaks have been for many different reasons, health,head,heart, anxieties... It doesn't mean it's right or wrong

I don't delete the profile though as it'd be a real pain to start again from nothing

Xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think that’s “swinging” for me, and why I don’t meet much or try clubs.

I do get horny and feel sexy and want that type of lustful hookup thing. But then in between I have that sensual want to get to know someone and enjoy other stuff together type of vibe. The long term 1-1 exclusive relationship can be a perfect thing, and who wouldn’t want everything with that special someone that want it with you?

Go with your heart op, it won’t lead you far wrong.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just for clarity this isn't a "look at me" thread, I have no intention of deleting anything as I know I would regret it, I was wondering if others ever felt the same x

over a year ago

"Just for clarity this isn't a "look at me" thread, I have no intention of deleting anything as I know I would regret it, I was wondering if others ever felt the same x"

You wont regret it...and the lifestyle will always be here waiting if you decide to revisit.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I go through stages where I actively look to meet and other times just meh.... I'd rather just have us time and "vanilla" sex, other times I love the dress up & photographs and chatting to new people, just depends what's going on in day to day life at the time, but swinging I sway a lot, just hide profile if your not actively looking or feeling it.

Mrs

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

OP I think we all go through phases like that. In my experience you just need to take a break. Hide your profile and go do vanilla stuff for a while. You will know when you are ready to come back.

over a year ago

I felt like that when I'd ticked everything on the fucket list. Fab is a libido killer.

There's life on the outside.

By *ORBCouple
over a year ago

Dundalk

Neither of us has met anyone else in 3 years by choice and circumstance.

The last year and a bit has been very challenging due to our own health issues as well as family and friends.

We created this profile 7 months ago in the hope of new experiences but haven't had either the energy or inclination to meet anyone at all apart from couple of social events.

We don't have a club scene here so that isn't an option either.

As FWB's we are happy in each others company but don't have a fab mojo right now.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

Extraordinary how many people become jaded and disillusioned even BEFORE they've met me. I'm in danger of losing my purpose.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes OP. I'm there right now, mine is menopause related and I'm happy to ride the hormonal wave till, I start to feel different again

over a year ago

Yep, when you're not feeling it anymore it's time to take a step back. This swinging world is only good if you're in the right place, anything other than that it's hard to be happy here.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I don't think I've ever felt it was time to be normal.

But everything is in flux. There are times when I'm less rampant, times when I just want to focus on one person who really matters in that moment, times when the whole idea of dealing with other people in any capacity.

I take breaks from the things I need to take a break from, but always only breaks. When something is finished forever I know and cut it out of my life, but that's usually more specific things and people rather than broad strokes.

over a year ago

We haven't met anyone in ages other than for coffee, quite content in our own relationship bubble, it would take a pretty exceptional person for us to make a playdate.

By *weetkitten65Woman
over a year ago

Halifax

"Yes OP. I'm there right now, mine is menopause related and I'm happy to ride the hormonal wave till, I start to feel different again

"

I can relate to that...

Libido all over the place..

Nothing seems to give me the Oooft factor...

By *unthum62Man
over a year ago

Benidorm

"Just for clarity this isn't a "look at me" thread, I have no intention of deleting anything as I know I would regret it, I was wondering if others ever felt the same x"

I think thats just life in general.

Some days its the top focus, other days it barely even gets a minutes thought.

Periods of, is this what I want to do and others of this is what i have to do.

Taking a step back is usually the right thing to do.

Then if you miss it come back and if not your gut instincts were right. They usually are.

over a year ago

Yes, once extremely active in the whole lifestyle, here now for the forums/social side only

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I've been on fab in various forms over the last ten years, for the past few months I've been feeling "it" less and less (not the site, the lifestyle), not enjoying clubs as much as I did, every guy that messages it takes one thing (even the most stupid things) to put me off, I think I'm losing a part of me that has been with me for so long, something that bought myself and my husband doughnut together, I think I'm turning vanilla and you know what? I'm actually ok with it.

Anyone else ever had that feeling (I mean you are here so I imagine not many), when you knew it was time to hang up your lingerie and just be those normal people in your circle of friends?

"

not the vanilla part but yes

By *avid 50Man
over a year ago

kendal

Perhaps over time, it’s just too much for the eyes when I joined I loved watching cams seeing videos and pictures of others and the effect was pretty immediate perhaps over time I think I’ve become desensitised and no longer you get so aroused but I spend more time reading messages , stories and fantasies, and probably mostly the comments on lounge and adding comments myself. I still enjoy fab swingers but in a different way

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Not quite, never been a swinger, only been to a couple of club nights. But I think everything in life is fluid - sometimes I'm interested in going on dates with others, other times I'd rather not spend that energy.

If it's changed for you - that's not a bad thing at all OP. You seem happy and there's nothing wrong with hanging up your stockings.

x

over a year ago

"Maybe just hide the profile and take a break

Then I slowly come back

My breaks have been for many different reasons, health,head,heart, anxieties... It doesn't mean it's right or wrong

I don't delete the profile though as it'd be a real pain to start again from nothing

Xx "

^^^ totally agree.

Life goes in cycles but if you do the same things or the same people in the same small circle interesr will get really used up and whatever appeal they might have held briefly will be gone.

You have to look to what's next in life for a while and let boredom levels reset.

Whilst I was married, I am not in a couple on here so can't say. But it'd be interesting to know how many come to fab to swing, not for the lifestyle being their true nature, but because they're no longer as interested in their significant other sexually. Boredom can definitely kill a relationship if you aren't careful

over a year ago

"Maybe just hide the profile and take a break

Then I slowly come back

Xx

^^^ totally agree.

Life goes in cycles but if you do the same things or the same people in the same small circle interesr will get really used up and whatever appeal they might have held briefly will be gone.

You have to look to what's next in life for a while and let boredom levels reset.

Whilst I was married, I am not in a couple on here so can't say. But it'd be interesting to know how many come to fab to swing, not for the lifestyle being their true nature, but because they're no longer as interested in their significant other sexually. Boredom can definitely kill a relationship if you aren't careful "

over a year ago

I get that feeling about every 6-12 months

God knows how many incarnations I've had on here now

I bore myself with my inability to fight it

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Yes OP. I'm there right now, mine is menopause related and I'm happy to ride the hormonal wave till, I start to feel different again

I can relate to that...

Nothing seems to give me the Oooft factor... "

It is a pain. But when I'm ovulating, I'm still really cock hungry. The rest of the time it's "meh"

over a year ago

Op and have you tried dogging yet? Not asking for myself

By *s2pervsCouple
over a year ago

Truro

For us, our perspective...the different motivations and 'energies' come in waves...sometimes we revel in and ride the vanilla wave possibly because we know there are other waves coming and no 2 waves are exactly the same... X

Mr.

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

I think if you've been immersed in the 'lifestyle ', it's inevitably gonna have a short shelf life

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I've been on fab in various forms over the last ten years, for the past few months I've been feeling "it" less and less (not the site, the lifestyle), not enjoying clubs as much as I did, every guy that messages it takes one thing (even the most stupid things) to put me off, I think I'm losing a part of me that has been with me for so long, something that bought myself and my husband doughnut together, I think I'm turning vanilla and you know what? I'm actually ok with it.

"

Think about sex theirs only so many ways you can do it and in ten years you'd have covered everything, its inevitable you will get bored with it, not the orgasm but the lifestyle....... Viva le orgasm

over a year ago

Think about sex theirs only so many ways you can do it and in ten years you'd have covered everything, its inevitable you will get bored with it, not the orgasm but the lifestyle....... Viva le orgasm "

Bored of sex?

There’s some things in FAB I get bored with, but I don’t get bored with people or sex.

-*I sure hope I won’t.

But I do hear what the op is saying, there’s a certain fake to all of this that can become tiresome, but there is a few refreshing people that bring a realness along with them that brings me back to earth and I enjoy stuff again.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Think about sex theirs only so many ways you can do it and in ten years you'd have covered everything, its inevitable you will get bored with it, not the orgasm but the lifestyle....... Viva le orgasm

Bored of sex?

There’s some things in FAB I get bored with, but I don’t get bored with people or sex.

-*I sure hope I won’t.

But I do hear what the op is saying, there’s a certain fake to all of this that can become tiresome, but there is a few refreshing people that bring a realness along with them that brings me back to earth and I enjoy stuff again. "

Hey woody can't we just have a wank and be happy with that....... Lets face it nobody does it better

By *weetkitten65Woman
over a year ago

Halifax

I can relate to that...

Nothing seems to give me the Oooft factor...

It is a pain. But when I'm ovulating, I'm still really cock hungry. The rest of the time it's "meh" "

I don't ovulate now...

My mojo appears to have left home

Post new Message to Thread